Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Mar 1, 2013
Jan

Lewisburg, TN

#1 Feb 28, 2013
Trigg has come to the rescue! He will be great for the council.
those that were mad

Lewisburg, TN

#2 Feb 28, 2013
Jan wrote:
Trigg has come to the rescue! He will be great for the council.
All the people who were mad at McRady, attended and signed the petition to put McRady's rules aside at Lone Oak Cemetery should all get out and work for Trigg. Don't sit home and allow McRady to be re-elected. He didn't care what a majority of people thought about Lone Oak only wanted to please a few of his close personal friends in my opinion.. Didn't care about the grieving mothers and fathers who had personal items taken off their children's graves. One in particular was the praying angel that was destroyed taking it off one child's grave. As McRady said on T.V. "it and the other things didn't belong there because it was against the new(his) rules. It is time for a change. Vote for someone that has and uses "common sense" and not listen to his lawyer, real estate, and rich friends. Just look where his signs are located and who owns the property.
cool kat daddy

Lewisburg, TN

#3 Mar 1, 2013
yea vote for someone who will allow lone oak to look like a flea market again.
ha ha

Lawrenceburg, TN

#4 Mar 1, 2013
those that were mad wrote:
<quoted text>
All the people who were mad at McRady, attended and signed the petition to put McRady's rules aside at Lone Oak Cemetery should all get out and work for Trigg. Don't sit home and allow McRady to be re-elected. He didn't care what a majority of people thought about Lone Oak only wanted to please a few of his close personal friends in my opinion.. Didn't care about the grieving mothers and fathers who had personal items taken off their children's graves. One in particular was the praying angel that was destroyed taking it off one child's grave. As McRady said on T.V. "it and the other things didn't belong there because it was against the new(his) rules. It is time for a change. Vote for someone that has and uses "common sense" and not listen to his lawyer, real estate, and rich friends. Just look where his signs are located and who owns the property.
we need to get mccrady out...he does have several people backing him...his coffee club buddies and a lady....he needs to go...
as for the cemetery...it does not look like a flea market..
ha ha

Lawrenceburg, TN

#5 Mar 1, 2013
cool kat daddy wrote:
it does not look like a flea market..you are probably too cheap to put out any flowers....
Bunch of Grave Robbers

Columbia, TN

#6 Mar 1, 2013
cool kat daddy wrote:
Did the City sell that land as private property grave lots?
Then did a few public officials, who do they think others have no rights, raid the Grave Yard taking love one's private property, to a, of all places the City Garbage truck garage?
Who could speak for the dead that their love ones or dead and gone themselves?
So was that unclaimed private property just destroyed, by those so-called grave robbers?
Who would vote for any who some might consider to be Grave Robbers?
“Beauty is all in the eyes of the beholder” and to take love ones of the dead private property, from sold “as private property grave lots” things like angel statues, favorite toys and etc without, the owners of those graves, any public of the people’s vote, holding advertizes public hearings, considering the grandfather laws, and getting county, state approval was that just plan wrong?
Bunch of Grave Robbers

Columbia, TN

#7 Mar 1, 2013
those that were mad wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he alone do that on his own?

No! you can bet he had help! Was he just the sucker dumb enough to agree?

How can after years of allowing love ones' private property to remain, then along comes a bunch or so called gang some might call grave robbers, that their eyes of beauty are not the same eyes of other's beauty?

Who would vote for any, who don't seem to not consider the rights of all the people?
Taking precious, loveing people's private property from a place of peace, too of all places the garbage truck garage?

Vote For Complete Change

Columbia, TN

#8 Mar 1, 2013
cool kat daddy wrote:
Vote for someone who believes in people's rights!
Doing things the right way!

1. Considering others feelings
2. Considering the grandfather laws!
3. Holding Public Hearings
4. County, State approval
5. Public Vote
6. were those memorials, love ones precious things, taken from peaceful graves to a Garbage truck Garage of all places?
Some even destroyed without those owners permission?
yes he did

Lewisburg, TN

#9 Mar 1, 2013
Bunch of Grave Robbers wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he alone do that on his own?
No! you can bet he had help! Was he just the sucker dumb enough to agree?
How can after years of allowing love ones' private property to remain, then along comes a bunch or so called gang some might call grave robbers, that their eyes of beauty are not the same eyes of other's beauty?
Who would vote for any, who don't seem to not consider the rights of all the people?
Taking precious, loveing people's private property from a place of peace, too of all places the garbage truck garage?
Yes, McRady did it on his own. Even his own cemetery board was in disagreement with what he wanted to do and he just bullied them and forced the action because he was a councilman. It was on the Nashville T.V. stations not to mention WAXO and the local newspaper. The mayor took him off that board when all hell broke loose and the council voted 4 to 1 to change his(McRady's) rules back to what that had been for over 100 years. He was a bully and even had went to the cemetery with prisoners to show them what he wanted taken off the graves. Now is this the type of person you want to represent you(himself)? Not me, plus he can't get along with anyone! Did he have help, maybe from his coffee club friends and some church buddies but absolutely not from the other city councilmen and most of the cemetery board that he bullied.
Looks Like a Gang

Columbia, TN

#10 Mar 1, 2013
yes he did wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, McRady did it on his own. Even his own cemetery board was in disagreement with what he wanted to do and he just bullied them and forced the action because he was a councilman. It was on the Nashville T.V. stations not to mention WAXO and the local newspaper. The mayor took him off that board when all hell broke loose and the council voted 4 to 1 to change his(McRady's) rules back to what that had been for over 100 years. He was a bully and even had went to the cemetery with prisoners to show them what he wanted taken off the graves. Now is this the type of person you want to represent you(himself)? Not me, plus he can't get along with anyone! Did he have help, maybe from his coffee club friends and some church buddies but absolutely not from the other city councilmen and most of the cemetery board that he bullied.
Can you bet the Mayor knew and was just as much to blame as the rest! Just ask some of the other council members see what they say.
Was he given the easiest board seat by the mayor with the most benefits, travel and such for his reward, and to get him out of the news?
Keep his mouth shut?
For if those on the public boards and city council are that easily bullied to do wrong, no wonder Lewisburg City can't seem to keep city managers, got deep city taxpayer water department debt, unfair utility rates, and was the city over charged for street lights, 6 or 7 years, hundreds of thousands dollars, and did any of those others even ask if the other customers were over charged also?

Does Lewisburg have dead beats as public board members, a city council who allow the Mayor and a few too cover up for so called grave robbers, unfair utility bills, 6-7 years of over charging the city for street lights and did any ask or even city council member or board member check to see if any other electric customers were overcharged?
Was the memorials placed back on those graves just as they were taken and a public apology made?
part right

Lewisburg, TN

#11 Mar 1, 2013
Looks Like a Gang wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you bet the Mayor knew and was just as much to blame as the rest! Just ask some of the other council members see what they say.
Was he given the easiest board seat by the mayor with the most benefits, travel and such for his reward, and to get him out of the news?
Keep his mouth shut?
For if those on the public boards and city council are that easily bullied to do wrong, no wonder Lewisburg City can't seem to keep city managers, got deep city taxpayer water department debt, unfair utility rates, and was the city over charged for street lights, 6 or 7 years, hundreds of thousands dollars, and did any of those others even ask if the other customers were over charged also?
Does Lewisburg have dead beats as public board members, a city council who allow the Mayor and a few too cover up for so called grave robbers, unfair utility bills, 6-7 years of over charging the city for street lights and did any ask or even city council member or board member check to see if any other electric customers were overcharged?
Was the memorials placed back on those graves just as they were taken and a public apology made?
I believe you are part right. I do believe the mayor was on mcrady's side of the cemetery issue until it got so much publicity. As far as the city councilmen being bullied, I know one that was not bullied when mcrady insulted him in public. Hell, he even asked mcrady to go outside to settle the issue and the mayor and mcrady threatened to have him arrested. It was the women and the people of mcrady's cemetery board that were bullied by him. Yes the mayor did take minor off a couple of boards but put him on the cemetery board so that crap could not happen again. Why she placed McRady on the Gas Board with all its perks I don't have an answer for that even thought is was told mcrady voted to give all gas dept. employees a $750 christmas bonus, wonder what he got from that board for christmas. Bet it was something good and valuable. there are four councilmen that i guess are hoping that mcrady gets beat because they hate having to work with him because he is so out there. I will also agree that I think all the city and county boards need new and younger members. Anyone that has been on a board for more than 8 years(imo) need to be replaced and let others have some responsibility so that the same ones are not making the decisions over and over and over again.
Is the Mayor the Bully

Columbia, TN

#12 Mar 1, 2013
part right wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you are part right. I do believe the mayor was on mcrady's side of the cemetery issue until it got so much publicity. As far as the city councilmen being bullied, I know one that was not bullied when mcrady insulted him in public. Hell, he even asked mcrady to go outside to settle the issue and the mayor and mcrady threatened to have him arrested. It was the women and the people of mcrady's cemetery board that were bullied by him. Yes the mayor did take minor off a couple of boards but put him on the cemetery board so that crap could not happen again. Why she placed McRady on the Gas Board with all its perks I don't have an answer for that even thought is was told mcrady voted to give all gas dept. employees a $750 christmas bonus, wonder what he got from that board for christmas. Bet it was something good and valuable. there are four councilmen that i guess are hoping that mcrady gets beat because they hate having to work with him because he is so out there. I will also agree that I think all the city and county boards need new and younger members. Anyone that has been on a board for more than 8 years(imo) need to be replaced and let others have some responsibility so that the same ones are not making the decisions over and over and over again.
Speaking of bullies was the Mayor the biggest, using him then backing down after the news media and the entire up rower?
Did she have no choice but to take him off that board and reward him to keep him quite, with traveling perks? If you ask some, put him on a board without so much news coverage!
Did the Mayor move several to different boards as cover ups and problems arose? To keep them from knowing, asking questions, or for what reason who knows?
When did the Mayor know and what was the Mayor told about the street light overcharge was any moved off that electric board just before that came out?
All public board members should be elected by the people, report directly to the news media and serve no more than 2 years on any one board! All public board meetings, behind the doors meetings, and city council meetings should be recorded and put live on local TV!

Is the real problems those who assume public office, like board members do they think they are there to serve the Mayor at her discursion or who ever appointed them to those boards and don't realize they are there to serve the people, as watch dogs for the people! As A check and balance system for the people, not a perks take travel trips for themselves?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 23 min Andy 146,249
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 41 min WTH 9,341
Do you trust the Lewisburg Police? 3 hr We need real leaders 1
Should Public Punishments Be Brought Back? 3 hr We need real leaders 1
Who is she 3 hr maybe 3
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) Mon Average 8,619
Corruption In Tennessee Aug 30 Discusted Citizen... 16
•••
•••

Columbia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••