Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2010

Judged:

jbeaty wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry you did not approve with my posting of the T.C.A.
And yes, I do understand everything that I posted very well. The real question is do you understand the law? The post was for those readers whom might not have known where to find such information.
I do not write the T.C.A., nor do I write the State Of Tennessee Attorney General's Opinion.
You might want to check out opinion number 09-167, it is dated October 16,2009
Everyone please have a nice day!
your information is appreciated jack. now....the question of the day is, what is to be done about it? why is no one in an official capacity enforcing these laws? what can we expect to come of this? i hope someone of an official capacity is going to enforce these laws? regardless of who ALL you posters endorse, the law is the law, and each should be held to it. i really dont see how ANY of you on here can have issue with that, unless you are involved in a group that is ignoring the law? otherwise, this would be upsetting to you. i dont know how anyone can be happy, nor vocal in endorsing a candidate who is violating most, if not all of these laws. i for one dont want anyone in office who feels they are so PUBLICLY immune to abiding by the laws and guidelines set forth regarding this election. if they cannot abide by them then what can be expected once elected? sorry folks, seems way to shady and arrogant to me. anyone on such a power trip, is out of control and dangerous. be careful, it may be your child having to deal with those who feel the can write their own policies. there is no place for ferrell personalities in the capacity of law enforcement. we talk about keeping our children safe? that includes those that are arrested. sorry folks but every american has rights til proven guilty, and innocent people are arrested everyday. i want officers and a department in force that have the integrity to lead and enforce by example. i cant possibly respect anyone who cannot walk what they talk. if the current department cannot follow the law, i do not want my tax dollars paying their salaries. i expect more. my children follow the rules in my household, if not then they are punished. these are grown men, and they are breaking laws and doing it in your face while arrogantly thumbing the finger under your nose. my family deserves better, i work hard for the money that goes to pay their salaries. they are disrespecting every citizen of maury county by their actions. when did americans stop expecting the best for their dollar and their families? this is shameful. vote as your conscience lets you, but i for one have to look at the history, and present behaviors of what is already in place in this county. i am appalled by the arrogance i see by the current administration.
curious bystander

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

Typical Terry supporter. You are a bully. No I will not shut up.

By the way Policys and laws are different.

You keep talking about breaking the law. Maybe this bully is breaking the law.

Since: Jul 10

Spring Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

so would i wrote:
<quoted text>your information is appreciated jack. now....the question of the day is, what is to be done about it? why is no one in an official capacity enforcing these laws? what can we expect to come of this? i hope someone of an official capacity is going to enforce these laws? regardless of who ALL you posters endorse, the law is the law, and each should be held to it. i really dont see how ANY of you on here can have issue with that, unless you are involved in a group that is ignoring the law? otherwise, this would be upsetting to you. i dont know how anyone can be happy, nor vocal in endorsing a candidate who is violating most, if not all of these laws. i for one dont want anyone in office who feels they are so PUBLICLY immune to abiding by the laws and guidelines set forth regarding this election. if they cannot abide by them then what can be expected once elected? sorry folks, seems way to shady and arrogant to me. anyone on such a power trip, is out of control and dangerous. be careful, it may be your child having to deal with those who feel the can write their own policies. there is no place for ferrell personalities in the capacity of law enforcement. we talk about keeping our children safe? that includes those that are arrested. sorry folks but every american has rights til proven guilty, and innocent people are arrested everyday. i want officers and a department in force that have the integrity to lead and enforce by example. i cant possibly respect anyone who cannot walk what they talk. if the current department cannot follow the law, i do not want my tax dollars paying their salaries. i expect more. my children follow the rules in my household, if not then they are punished. these are grown men, and they are breaking laws and doing it in your face while arrogantly thumbing the finger under your nose. my family deserves better, i work hard for the money that goes to pay their salaries. they are disrespecting every citizen of maury county by their actions. when did americans stop expecting the best for their dollar and their families? this is shameful. vote as your conscience lets you, but i for one have to look at the history, and present behaviors of what is already in place in this county. i am appalled by the arrogance i see by the current administration.
Thank you. This is the point I think most are trying to make. the current administration is thumbing their nose at the law. It is time for a change. I don't know why the powers that be doesn't uphold the law and make the current administration abide by it but us as taxpayers we can change who is in office and that is what we must do.
MAURY 1963

Franklin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

If you want to see more instances of the laws being broke just drive to Tradewinds Drive where the early voting is going on. There are Sheriff's Dept employees in uniform and in their Department cars spending lots of time with the Sheriff while he there campaigning.
Not to mention breaking the law, our tax dollars are paying them to do it!!!!!
Also, we are paying the Sheriff to sit there and campaign!
It's time for a change in Maury County!
so would i

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

curious bystander wrote:
Typical Terry supporter. You are a bully. No I will not shut up.
By the way Policys and laws are different.
You keep talking about breaking the law. Maybe this bully is breaking the law.
i support justice
so would i

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

as i said, i support justice, regardless of who's name is attached to it.

Franklin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

Hello Topix Readers,

I have been reading this forum for some time now. I am one of the hidden readers and it's time I add my two-cents worth and the readers can rest assured, I will speak about topics that I know to be true.

First of all, this classy lady stands for and supports Truth and Justice! no matter what town one lives in.

I am a conservative by nature. I do NOT spend more than I have coming in. I, like most, live on a budget. One of the reasons I am posting this is that I believe the County Budget should operate the same way. If any elected official goes outside their budget, then; the burden should be put upon the elected officials, if they cannot stay within their alloted budget. Man oh man, what a sad day that will be for them and a Victory for the taxpayers!

After reading some of these posts, I noticed the username "jbeaty". Is this is the same Mr. Beaty that once lived in Williamson County? Sorry, curiosity killed the cat, I had to ask. Can someone shed some light on this question?

If he is in fact the same Mr. Beaty who was from Williamson, then; somebody has a tiger by the tail.!

Spring Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

Let us not forget that our same Sheriff George who claims he stays within his budget sued the County for more deputies back in 1996 which cost us the taxpayers money as well.
so would i

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

classy lady 2010 wrote:
Hello Topix Readers,
I have been reading this forum for some time now. I am one of the hidden readers and it's time I add my two-cents worth and the readers can rest assured, I will speak about topics that I know to be true.
First of all, this classy lady stands for and supports Truth and Justice! no matter what town one lives in.
I am a conservative by nature. I do NOT spend more than I have coming in. I, like most, live on a budget. One of the reasons I am posting this is that I believe the County Budget should operate the same way. If any elected official goes outside their budget, then; the burden should be put upon the elected officials, if they cannot stay within their alloted budget. Man oh man, what a sad day that will be for them and a Victory for the taxpayers!
After reading some of these posts, I noticed the username "jbeaty". Is this is the same Mr. Beaty that once lived in Williamson County? Sorry, curiosity killed the cat, I had to ask. Can someone shed some light on this question?
If he is in fact the same Mr. Beaty who was from Williamson, then; somebody has a tiger by the tail.!
classy lady, your opinion is welcome here, as are all. i totally agree on the budget issue. i too, live on a budget. the facts are if you dont have the cash, then you just dont buy it. we all have to live within our means. the current admisistration abuses that, and we as the taxpayers suffer. when i see five deputys at a time having dinner at cracker barrel for over an hour at a time, it becomes plain to see we are either over staffed, or not getting the job done. if we are so understaffed as the sheriff claims, i dont see how we can afford to have two deputys on lunch break at the same time. if indeed our safety is the concern, i sure dont see it. he says we have six deputys to cover the county on any given shift. this just doesnt make sense. to be honest, when he spoke at the debate, i was made to feel sick that he thinks he can get up there and tell so many falsehoods to our faces! we who live here and are out and about see what goes on with our own eyes. many claim he cannot control this and is notaware of it. well, i cant buy that either. there is way to much talk and complaining about it, and believe me, if you call to complain you can bet you will be ignored and fed a line of bull just like at the debate. i do hope mr beaty can bring light and action to these issues. it is time for the citizens of maury county to be heard. the officials run roughshod over us and are very arrogant about it. maybe the next film produced in maury county will be about the corrupt system here and the exposure of it. i swear it is like a mini mafia. this is only the tip of the iceberg.
jbeaty

Franklin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

classy lady 2010 wrote:
Hello Topix Readers,
Hello Classy Lady,

Let me satisfy your curiosity. Yes, I am one and the same. If you know a little bit about me, you know that I am a truthful, no non-sense and straight to the point person.

Accountability is the Key Word. As of today, data is still being gathered. I respectfully request that everyone remains patient and the TRUE FACTS will stand for themselves.

I will ckeck this website tonight. I can appreciate each person's comments.

Everyone have a great day.
I voted for Enoch

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

MAURY 1963 wrote:
If you want to see more instances of the laws being broke just drive to Tradewinds Drive where the early voting is going on. There are Sheriff's Dept employees in uniform and in their Department cars spending lots of time with the Sheriff while he there campaigning.
Not to mention breaking the law, our tax dollars are paying them to do it!!!!!
Also, we are paying the Sheriff to sit there and campaign!
It's time for a change in Maury County!
Do you see their time sheets? Are you sure they are on the clock? No...... its all presumptious on your part. Just because Deputies at the Department support THEIR Sheriff you want to run them down and make a conspiracy out of it. You no longer work at the department and you are just pissed off because the Sheriff will not hire you back and for good reason too. Did Terry promise you a job?!?! I am sure he did because the rumor is he wants to fire all Enoch supporters from the Department. well I've got news for you....Civil Service protects them and he is just making empty promises to you!

Spring Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

My tax dollars shouldn't be spent on patrol cars being driven by off duty deputies to the voting polls. And if they are off duty and using county issued cars then once again that should be a policy violation, because none of Enoch's deputies would ever break a law now would they??
I voted for Enoch too

Spring Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

I voted for Enoch wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you see their time sheets? Are you sure they are on the clock? No...... its all presumptious on your part. Just because Deputies at the Department support THEIR Sheriff you want to run them down and make a conspiracy out of it. You no longer work at the department and you are just pissed off because the Sheriff will not hire you back and for good reason too. Did Terry promise you a job?!?! I am sure he did because the rumor is he wants to fire all Enoch supporters from the Department. well I've got news for you....Civil Service protects them and he is just making empty promises to you!

Amen !!! I would like to thank Enoch and all his Department for all their hard work.
I voted for Enoch

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

Thats right I said it wrote:
My tax dollars shouldn't be spent on patrol cars being driven by off duty deputies to the voting polls. And if they are off duty and using county issued cars then once again that should be a policy violation, because none of Enoch's deputies would ever break a law now would they??

So I guess as they get off work and go to cast their vote...you are against that?!? maybe you are just pissed because most Deputies don't agree with your Enoch bashing rants and your super secret investigations that you are running on people as well as your so called "secret" recording that you are making. Dude...everyone knows your game. Enoch should have gotten rid of you a loooong time ago! All you do is stir up crap and file law suits.
disgusted

Thompsons Station, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

I voted for Enoch wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, Terry Potts made a public statement that he was not looking to get rid of anyone in the department as long as they abide by the policies. But I will have to say it will be hard for some to adhere to policies with the way they have gotten used to doing as they please. No one wants to run any one down as long as they are doing their job. So do your job and stop belly aching about this stuff.
Right Side

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

I voted for Enoch wrote:
<quoted text>
So I guess as they get off work and go to cast their vote...you are against that?!? maybe you are just pissed because most Deputies don't agree with your Enoch bashing rants and your super secret investigations that you are running on people as well as your so called "secret" recording that you are making. Dude...everyone knows your game. Enoch should have gotten rid of you a loooong time ago! All you do is stir up crap and file law suits.
If these deputies walked over to Mr. Potts tent they would be fired. Enoch would then selectively enforce the law as he always does. If it's done for him it's okey and your safe!
Go Terry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

Right Side, you are absolutely correct!!
If you work for Enoch and support Terry my heart goes out to you. You will surely be fired!!
Enoch may have to fire half his dept if he is re-elected because a lot of his officers are against him. The ones I have talked to are anyway!
But I guess that will be ok because ge does whatever he wants to do, right, wrong or against the law!
We voted Terry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

Terry Potts is not a mean, venditictive person that most want you to believe. He is a fair and honest man! As long as you do your job and follow policies you'll be fine! I gurantee he'll have policies in place and his officers will know what these policies are! Un like our current Sheriff whom is breaking the law by NOT issuing policies to his officers! This way he can pick and choose his punishment!!

Some of Enoch's officers think they are above the law and can do whatever they want. This makes them very dangerous! Of course they don't want a sheriff that will hold their feet to the fire and make them do right!
This way they can continue to bully innocent citizens and not be accounted for it!

Vote for change, vote for fairness, vote for a better community!!

Vote Terry Potts!!!
so would i

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

I voted for Enoch wrote:
<quoted text>
i am am an average citizen. i am not associated with either candidate. i saw the deputys in uniform and cars. they marched in the parade in uniform directly behind the vote for enoch george banner. the pics are on enochs facebook. look for yourself. i have been approached by and talked to by a deputy in uniform and on duty and asked to support enoch george and was asked if i needed a sign in my yard. vote for who you want, i dont care. it is your right. but i must say, the truth is the truth. it is what it is. im not pissed at anyone, but i cant believe you would argue the facts, and they are facts. look at the pics for yourself.

Franklin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Let me start by addressing the Civil Service Act of 1974. Maury County Government adopted this Act as it was set forth by the Tennessee State Legislators. The language of this Act not only protects the employees, but; it also governs them as well. Regardless of who wins the Sheriff's race, no employee will lose his or her job due to their political beliefs. If so, this is where I come into the picture. I have already had a client who emerged with victory, by challenging the decisions made by the current administration. No need to suggest what might happen to employees when lessons have already been learned.

I confirmed this last week with the Human Resources Director (Dana Gibson) that I have a current copy of the 1974 Act.
If anyone doesn't have a copy, I will be glad to post a copy of the entire Act.

I look forward to reading your comments.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 201 - 220 of611
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Columbia Forum right now

Search the Columbia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 13 min Vet 140,526
Maury County Sheriff 2014 (Sep '13) 23 min Buba 547
Is Obama the worst president in history? 54 min OMG 14
Food trucks 59 min lost my lunch 6
Public Defenders Race 1 hr wait what 55
The mayor race 2 hr We need change 4
Republicans screw you again 3 hr fly on the wall 1
•••
•••
•••
Columbia Dating

more search filters

less search filters