Lewisburg Fire Dept. now Marshall Co. first responder

Nov 24, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Columbia Daily Herald

Specially trained Lewisburg firefighters will provide life support in medical emergencies within the city, following a new mutual aid agreement between the Lewisburg Fire Department and the Marshall County Emergency Medical Service.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
proud

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

im very proud that the city of lewisburg is investing in more resources for the people of lewisburg ,and at very little cost to the tax payers thank you lewisburg fire dept.for leading the way and the city council for supporting and caring for the residents of lewisburg
Question

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

which two of the eight volunteer fire departments are not first responders and why?
proud

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

farmington richcreeck
cornersville ?

you got to remember they are a volunteer dept. not paid
they have jobs and families that have to come first
being a volunteer has no paid benefits
Reality

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

proud wrote:
farmington richcreeck
cornersville ?
you got to remember they are a volunteer dept. not paid
they have jobs and families that have to come first
being a volunteer has no paid benefits
So are the other volunteer departments, what does that have to do with it? Why do you add the question mark? Are you admitting you are only guessing and have no facts? If so, we don't need questionable answers, we need facts.
Just Me

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
So are the other volunteer departments, what does that have to do with it? Why do you add the question mark? Are you admitting you are only guessing and have no facts? If so, we don't need questionable answers, we need facts.
South Marshall VFD,Farmington Richcreek VFD,Five Points VFD. It takes alot of training to be a firefighter these days. When you add First Responder,it's more time consuming. You have to be train by EMS and pass a National Registry test.
Reality

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>South Marshall VFD,Farmington Richcreek VFD,Five Points VFD. It takes alot of training to be a firefighter these days. When you add First Responder,it's more time consuming. You have to be train by EMS and pass a National Registry test.
And since it is volunteering, that can lead to a larger turnover and thus wasted money for training. Those that stick it out, decide after getting training to move on to a paid department and again, the need to train more first responders arises. Maybe it's time to think about compensation to those responders once trained to keep them?

The other problem is because it is volunteer there is no continuity between departments. Each one is ran by a Chief that many times is looked upon as an overlord because each Chief runs things their way or the highway.

There needs to be a single operating plan and all departments ran under the same rules to weed out cronyism and dictatorships.

Just a thought.
proud

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

if you truly want facts ask them and you shall find facts until then dont worry about it
Reality

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

proud wrote:
if you truly want facts ask them and you shall find facts until then dont worry about it
Well thanks for stating the obvious. How do you know none of them look into Topix? Oh... you don't. Since you are out of the loop, I'm lost as to why you are even responding. You obviously are not a responder, nor volunteer. And if I wanted advice on what to worry about, you'd be the last one to ask. Obviously.
proud

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

obviously i dont give a damn and for your info i am a responder its not my job to know all departments that are in the first responder program
but i still appreciate all that give there all because thay dont have to .just be grateful that there are people out there waiting to answer the call thank you
Reality

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 27, 2012

Judged:

proud wrote:
obviously i dont give a damn and for your info i am a responder its not my job to know all departments that are in the first responder program
but i still appreciate all that give there all because thay dont have to .just be grateful that there are people out there waiting to answer the call thank you
Well aren't you a peach. A rotten one. You just said in your previous post "if you truly want facts ask them". And now you admit you are one of "them". If you had any lick of sense and profession, you could have found out and provided us (those reading) the correct information. Instead you act like a dick. I feel bad for those who you might come into contact with on a call. You sure don't understand what being a professional means.

Bottom line, volunteers are a reflection of their leaders. You proved a point of what the volunteers are lacking. Good leadership.
Ashamed

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

proud wrote:
You call yourself a first responder? And this is how you act? Let's not over look your inability to do something as simple as using proper sentence structure. This is evidence of your lack of education and attention to detail. Which also says if you really are a first responder, chances are you are going to make mistakes that may even take a life. I agree with the above poster, if you are the example of your fire department, there are some serious problems. I hope there is at least somebody with authority looking in on this. I for one would certainly not want to be in a bad accident in your county.
proud

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

this will be the last statement i will post
first of there was a question mark after cornersvile i was not sure of this
i left it that way,because i was not sure of it
but i do have some facts for future readers there is a first responder program coming up next year
that all fire departments will have an oppurtunity
to send people in theyre area .each dept. will have to purchase books and fees for state and testing .as far as my writing goes my education came from marshall county and when im called to do my job its done .it was nothing wrong telling people to go ask the depts. about this they love having the public come ask questions so thanks for the unneeded typing
Time for changes

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

Judged:

proud wrote:
this will be the last statement i will post
first of there was a question mark after cornersvile i was not sure of this
i left it that way,because i was not sure of it
but i do have some facts for future readers there is a first responder program coming up next year
that all fire departments will have an oppurtunity
to send people in theyre area .each dept. will have to purchase books and fees for state and testing .as far as my writing goes my education came from marshall county and when im called to do my job its done .it was nothing wrong telling people to go ask the depts. about this they love having the public come ask questions so thanks for the unneeded typing
No offense to you, but I hope your inability to write and spell properly is not a reflection of your ability to learn proper life saving techniques. I truly am not making fun of your writing; fire fighting and life saving is serious business. The leaders of all departments, both paid and volunteer should stick to the same strict hiring guidelines. I understand that volunteer stations are always short of volunteers because of the lack of pay, and the continuous push of fundraising and begging the public for money. And then there is the time lag of not having someone at the ready which only increases the odds of losing both structures and lives. This is something the county really needs to think about in the future.

Do yourself a favor and work on improving your education.
Time for changes

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

P.S. Thanks for volunteering. We don't say it enough.
J Riddle

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

I do not do the internet too much but I did notice something that stuck out like a sore thumb:
I noticed the one poster from Columbia tries to run topixs and guide the opinion to his and his only.
Sad people like him can not function in the real world and resorted to living on topics.
Anything with a Columbia location is put on total disregard by me.
The guy is a bully on the net and as for in the real world....that is why he is here on every subject.
Reality

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2012

J Riddle wrote:
I do not do the internet too much but I did notice something that stuck out like a sore thumb:
I noticed the one poster from Columbia tries to run topixs and guide the opinion to his and his only.
Sad people like him can not function in the real world and resorted to living on topics.
Anything with a Columbia location is put on total disregard by me.
The guy is a bully on the net and as for in the real world....that is why he is here on every subject.
And can't help to see the guy from Lawrenceburg who pushes his political askewed agenda on others in a repeated pathetic attempt to belittle those who are struggling in life. And don't fret, I'm not sad and I function just fine. Unlike you, when I present ideas and opinions, I back it up with forethought and facts. At least I attempt to resolve problems, not just be part of the problem like you. For instance, what is you point here? To belittle me? Oh, I'm hurt. Boo hoo. Get a pair and man up. Please feel free to disregard this, too.

One more thing, I don't have the market on the Columbia servers my cable company uses. It's a big world.
Question

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

I for one am pleased about the first responder program here in Lewisburg. If it can help to save a life then it is a useful program. My only questions is how will the first responders get to their appointed patient. If it is in a fire truck that does not get very good mileage and puts wear and tear on that expensive equipment then this program needs to be looked at again. If it is in a car, a van or a smaller vehicle then that would be the economical way to fund this project, otherwise it is costing much more money that what the city originally intended would be my guess. Just my opinion.
second question

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Question wrote:
I for one am pleased about the first responder program here in Lewisburg. If it can help to save a life then it is a useful program. My only questions is how will the first responders get to their appointed patient. If it is in a fire truck that does not get very good mileage and puts wear and tear on that expensive equipment then this program needs to be looked at again. If it is in a car, a van or a smaller vehicle then that would be the economical way to fund this project, otherwise it is costing much more money that what the city originally intended would be my guess. Just my opinion.
And since the responders are volunteers, what's to say they will even be available when needed? With a paid force, there is always one on call at the station, but not at a volunteer station. And if it is a car wreck, a truck needs to go anyway. I understand that is how other counties handle wrecks. A truck is always called out but Marshall county has always held back because of the cost.
here you go

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2012

Question wrote:
i know it will cost a little but the outcome is priceless
look at what we spend at the recreation center and the water department its time to invest in the city of lewisburg people not the mismanagement of other goverment agency this is good there are other citys that have fire trucks out for this and many other things thanks for caring stop worrying about the trucks its a life
that may be at risk

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Columbia Forum right now

Search the Columbia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 5 min WTSenior 138,669
Hillary Clinton in 2016! 13 min Hillary is Evil 10
Maury County Sheriff 2014 (Sep '13) 26 min Well now 417
Fat Kids - Child Abuse (Sep '10) 27 min LoserburgPoverty 34
Lewisburg 45 min old timer 17
Sheriff Norman Dalton 58 min Well now 165
Is Cornersville operating illegally? 1 hr Well now 2
•••
•••
•••
Columbia Dating

more search filters

less search filters