First Prev
of 2
Next Last
disopointed

Columbia, TN

#1 Apr 5, 2013
why did she have to make those comments in the paper, why did she have to go along with that kind of bull in public. Is our current mayor just as white trash as you call some. It is good her time is done, she can now be her self and get her drink with out having to put it in the little bag before she gets to the counter.

Since: Jun 11

Lewisburg, TN

#2 Apr 5, 2013
what happened? details?
the scoop

Lewisburg, TN

#3 Apr 5, 2013
I think I got it; What it looked like to me is, she said something and the paper printed it and then they started pointing fingers at someone else calling them white trash and stuff and to finish up the scoop, when she goes into a booze joint the person at the counter knows what "she likes" and already has it in a brown paper bag. Could of read it defferently but that is the best details I can come up with.
Jan

Lewisburg, TN

#4 Apr 5, 2013
the scoop wrote:
I think I got it; What it looked like to me is, she said something and the paper printed it and then they started pointing fingers at someone else calling them white trash and stuff and to finish up the scoop, when she goes into a booze joint the person at the counter knows what "she likes" and already has it in a brown paper bag. Could of read it defferently but that is the best details I can come up with.
who cares what she drinks?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#5 Apr 6, 2013
the scoop wrote:
Why do you people insist on posting slanderous information that serves no purpose? BW's personal habits, good or bad is no ones business. As an elected official, the first female in fact, to hold that position has accomplished many goals and blazed the trail for future minorities to now hold that office. The proper thing to do is thank her for her service and wish her the best of luck on any future endeavors? Stop being so heartless and unforgiving to those that have attempted to serve their community.

Best wishes to BW for an excellent job accomplished and good luck to all of the candidates running for that position. My personal favorite is BW but congratulations to all of them for running a good, honest campaign.
Best Known for Cover Up

Columbia, TN

#6 Apr 6, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you people insist on posting slanderous information that serves no purpose? BW's personal habits, good or bad is no ones business. As an elected official, the first female in fact, to hold that position has accomplished many goals and blazed the trail for future minorities to now hold that office. The proper thing to do is thank her for her service and wish her the best of luck on any future endeavors? Stop being so heartless and unforgiving to those that have attempted to serve their community.
Best wishes to BW for an excellent job accomplished and good luck to all of the candidates running for that position. My personal favorite is BW but congratulations to all of them for running a good, honest campaign.
When becoming Mayor or any "public" official don't personal habits become public and public habits become personal?

Honest campaign that might have been, but any good honest Mayor while in office in Lewisburg has that yet to be seen?

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#7 Apr 6, 2013
Best Known for Cover Up wrote:
<quoted text>When becoming Mayor or any "public" official don't personal habits become public and public habits become personal?

Honest campaign that might have been, but any good honest Mayor while in office in Lewisburg has that yet to be seen?
In answer to your first question, No it doesn't. Perhaps in a small rural area where jealousy runs rampant it may. Buying a beverage to drink in the privacy of ones home really isn't a part of how one conducts them self at work.

Your second part of your post strongly suggest you enjoy spreading gossip and lies rather than sticking to fact. In that case anything you post additionally has lost it's effectiveness and made you appear to be a fool.

That's all...
hahaha

Lewisburg, TN

#8 Apr 6, 2013
Jan wrote:
<quoted text> who cares what she drinks?
MW, I think the person you responded to was just mocking the first poster. Haha, maybe you didn't get it. I did. hahaha
hmmm

Columbia, TN

#9 Apr 10, 2013
disopointed wrote:
why did she have to make those comments in the paper, why did she have to go along with that kind of bull in public. Is our current mayor just as white trash as you call some. It is good her time is done, she can now be her self and get her drink with out having to put it in the little bag before she gets to the counter.
Barbara...was just putting a couple of people in thiere place....That is what she should have done....She stands up for herself...people wish to get on here and talk alot of bullshit and untruth and she puts them in thiere place....you are just jealous because you DO NOT have the strength to do the same...or is it ......she stepped on one of your friends toe......ADMIRE MS.WOODS....first of all.... the lady damn sure knows what she is talking about...if she so desires to have a drink...I think she is grown...unlike you..you sneak around and have yours....
good for her

Lewisburg, TN

#10 Apr 10, 2013
disopointed wrote:
Mayor Woods was just replying to a hateful and untrue letter to the editor where Drew Davidson attacked her and the council for the re-hire of Eddie in which McRady tried to stop it and said he knew nothing about it. Mayor Woods tried to call him twice and he would not respond to her, thus he did not know. He also took up for McRady on all issues because he is one of his group of nuts. Also the letter where she has the right to support anyone running in any election. In this case it was Trigg Cathey who just happens to be running against McRady and Davidson and the other person did not like it. Its her American right to support whoever she wishes!! Bet Davidson does not attack her again!!! You go Barbara.
buddies

Columbia, TN

#11 Apr 10, 2013
why was she trying to call him at home to talk about city issues, thats what public meetings are for, this mayor bw, has done a lot of back door calls and thinks the sun shine laws do not apply to her. and the fact is she has been the worst mayor this town has seen to date, name one thing she has done good for this city. one thing other then the historic building on 1st ave, AND IT WAS NOT A GOOD THING SHE JUST THOUGHT SO, or new flowers on the hwy, what has she done to help this city. as far as the drink at home your right that is prvt. but when she falls out of her seat like she did a yr or two ago in a public eating place due to being intoxicated , then yes it is a problem when that is what reps lewisburg. thank goodness she is not running, lord knows she would have not won, just as the guy she is trying to get in will not win jb.tc. that's just how i feel about it. she is a disgrace to us all here in lewisburg. now give me that one good thing you claim she has done

Since: Jun 11

Lewisburg, TN

#12 Apr 10, 2013
hahahahha drew davidson? the shifty lawyer on the square? He screwed me out of 50 bucks a few years ago,, for a letter he admitted wouldn't do anything after i paid him.
good for her

Lewisburg, TN

#13 Apr 10, 2013
buddies wrote:
why was she trying to call him at home to talk about city issues, thats what public meetings are for, this mayor bw, has done a lot of back door calls and thinks the sun shine laws do not apply to her. and the fact is she has been the worst mayor this town has seen to date, name one thing she has done good for this city. one thing other then the historic building on 1st ave, AND IT WAS NOT A GOOD THING SHE JUST THOUGHT SO, or new flowers on the hwy, what has she done to help this city. as far as the drink at home your right that is prvt. but when she falls out of her seat like she did a yr or two ago in a public eating place due to being intoxicated , then yes it is a problem when that is what reps lewisburg. thank goodness she is not running, lord knows she would have not won, just as the guy she is trying to get in will not win jb.tc. that's just how i feel about it. she is a disgrace to us all here in lewisburg. now give me that one good thing you claim she has done
First she does not have a vote at the council meetings and no attempt was made to get McRady to vote for or against Fuller, just to inform him that it was going to be brought up at the meeting by her, nothing more or nothing less. Learn the rules of the game before you start accusing people of breaking the sunshine law. If she had a vote and attempted to get him to vote one way or the other then and only then would that have been a violation of the sunshine law. Ask your buddy Drew, he's a lawyer.
Is She Worst Mayor Ever

Columbia, TN

#14 Apr 10, 2013
good for her wrote:
<quoted text>
First she does not have a vote at the council meetings and no attempt was made to get McRady to vote for or against Fuller, just to inform him that it was going to be brought up at the meeting by her, nothing more or nothing less. Learn the rules of the game before you start accusing people of breaking the sunshine law. If she had a vote and attempted to get him to vote one way or the other then and only then would that have been a violation of the sunshine law. Ask your buddy Drew, he's a lawyer.

Rules? you got to be kidding, breaking the sunshine law? thats a laugh!
Have those allowed broke the sunshine law, local law, state laws, and federal laws so much, now do they think, they are the law and no laws or rules apply to them?

Is McRady just their next laugh used like a broken record, had his chance and blow it?
idiot

Lewisburg, TN

#15 Apr 10, 2013
Is She Worst Mayor Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Rules? you got to be kidding, breaking the sunshine law? thats a laugh!
Have those allowed broke the sunshine law, local law, state laws, and federal laws so much, now do they think, they are the law and no laws or rules apply to them?
Is McRady just their next laugh used like a broken record, had his chance and blow it?
No your just an idiot looking for something to complain about and don't really have the slightest idea of what is going on or what the law actually says. Your a joke and if you aren't B.L. then you must be one of the D. brothers or friends. In any case your an idiot. By the way tell us the specific local, state, and federal laws with the code numbers that apply to what the mayor or others have done that is illegal. None of your rambling mumbo jumbo. Again the Sunshine law does not apply in the case with McRady but your an idiot and would not understand.
Town Known for Cover Up

Columbia, TN

#16 Apr 10, 2013
idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
No your just an idiot looking for something to complain about and don't really have the slightest idea of what is going on or what the law actually says. Your a joke and if you aren't B.L. then you must be one of the D. brothers or friends. In any case your an idiot. By the way tell us the specific local, state, and federal laws with the code numbers that apply to what the mayor or others have done that is illegal. None of your rambling mumbo jumbo. Again the Sunshine law does not apply in the case with McRady but your an idiot and would not understand.
Try reading the city charter word for words to start with! Try explaining how the city could be over charged for street lights for 6-7 years, hundreds of thousands of dollars yet then did any of those public officals even ask or check and see if any other customers were over charged also?
Could the law or auditors read some of those state and federal grants applied for?
Has any ever looked at how bids were taken, city property bought and sold?

You are right about understanding for don't see how they are not all locked up behind bars for years!

info

Lewisburg, TN

#17 Apr 10, 2013
Town Known for Cover Up wrote:
<quoted text>
Try reading the city charter word for words to start with! Try explaining how the city could be over charged for street lights for 6-7 years, hundreds of thousands of dollars yet then did any of those public officals even ask or check and see if any other customers were over charged also?
Could the law or auditors read some of those state and federal grants applied for?
You are right about understanding for don't see how they are not all locked up behind bars for years!
Neither the Mayor or the city council looks at any of the electric, water, or gas bills. How stupid are you. They come to city hall and are paid by either the city manager or the city treasurer. Now here is a good question for you if you are looking to blame someone for this problem. During this same time there has been an audit completed by a firm I believe is out of Nashville or Columbia that has missed that same over payment. It is their job to catch those mistakes and bring it to the attention of the council and mayor. Also look at all the bills the city gets. Bills for city hall, city garage, city fire halls (2), city police dept., animal control building, the rec. center, and all the ball parks. This would be like looking for a needle in a Haystack. That is why the state requires an independent auditor to come in a check the books and the mayor and city council have nothing to do with those books. the auditor is to report its finding to the mayor and council. What has the city done that has went against the charter. Tell us, give us the chapter, and the code number. Bet you can't!!!!
you2

Columbia, TN

#18 Apr 10, 2013
and again what good has she done, bet you can't tell that either
hmmm

Columbia, TN

#19 Apr 11, 2013
buddies wrote:
Ho else is shesuppose to contact him???Guss she could have tied a note to a buzards footand have him deliver it at his house....e tought he was too good to return her call....or shall we say...NO RESPECT...Barbar isof age and if she would like to have a drink ...she can....bet you;ve had a few in your lifetime....If Barbar would hav ran for re-election...she would win by a land slide....Have a good day...
hmmm

Columbia, TN

#20 Apr 11, 2013
Town Known for Cover Up wrote:
<quoted text>
every month????More than what yo pay for a whole year...Do you ? your bill when it goes up 40 or 50 bucks a month.NO...al you do is bitc about it....How many time a month....does your light bill run the same amount????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lewisburg is a corrupt sh_thole town 5 hr thereturn of some... 18
talking about who's snitching ni nana 5 hr thereturn of some... 10
Amusing forum comments Sat Return of some jerk 1
Deedra Llewelyn May 20 Grimy Phoxx 4
News New Details Emerge In Tad Cummins Case May 19 ThomasA 5
Walker Diecast (Mar '15) May 19 Noname 18
Rent May 18 New Here 1

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance