Are Gangs Infiltrating Williamson Co....

Are Gangs Infiltrating Williamson Co. Schools?

There are 231 comments on the NewsChannel5.com Nashville story from Apr 29, 2008, titled Are Gangs Infiltrating Williamson Co. Schools?. In it, NewsChannel5.com Nashville reports that:

The Williamson County Sheriff's Office is investigating suspected gang activity at local schools.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsChannel5.com Nashville.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Mr HERNANDEZ

United States

#1 Apr 29, 2008
I come from a place where there were gangs and Franklin is no Compton. The only thing starting a gang war is the war fought along the race/color battle. In Franklin it is the have and have nots and the rest want in! If they see a bunch of Hispanics or african american kids together they scream "gang". What Franklin needs is an injection of tolerance and common sense. And it starts with the government and trickles down. Culture does not kill, but ignorant misdirected anger does!
Sarah

White House, TN

#2 Apr 29, 2008
When was the last time your station reported on any of the positive steps being made at Centennial High School? Yes, there are gang problems in virtually all of the schools in this area. However, throwing the public into a panic over something that is not new or newsworthy is poor reporting. The Centennial staff, parents and students have made a lot of positive strides on this issue, but this is never reported by the media.
Phyllis

White House, TN

#3 Apr 29, 2008
I am very disappointed with your station in the reporting of gang violence at Centennial High School. Did you know that Centennial is the only school in the Middle Tennessee area that has held a Challenge Day? This program is to help the students, parents and faculty deal with some of the issues at the school. Unfortunately, positive steps do not generate the same ratings as do negative publicity. However, in the interest of unbiased news reporting, you might want to consider looking at the good things that are happening at Centennial as well as other Williamson County Schools.
Tasha

Hermitage, TN

#5 Apr 30, 2008
Mr HERNANDEZ wrote:
I come from a place where there were gangs and Franklin is no Compton. The only thing starting a gang war is the war fought along the race/color battle. In Franklin it is the have and have nots and the rest want in! If they see a bunch of Hispanics or african american kids together they scream "gang". What Franklin needs is an injection of tolerance and common sense. And it starts with the government and trickles down. Culture does not kill, but ignorant misdirected anger does!
I couldn't agree more...
RIP juan Castro

Deer Lodge, TN

#6 May 1, 2008
i srear the cops here dont have anything better to do......thats why this is sch a big deal they dont even kno what a real gang is.... go to LA or chicago trust me youl find gang members there and sop talkin bout lil juan leave him alone.........you already caused him enough problems when he was here.
close to juan

Bronx, NY

#7 May 7, 2008
i just want to let you know that you are making news coments that are not close to anything that happened with juan castro. who are you to say that he was a gang member? do you have proof? you have nothing to back up what you have said, i can confirm this because not even the investigators have said anything about him being in a gang!!! so if you don't know the story right then don't say it at all. it really makes me angry that you dare put something like that on the news without any proof!!! do you know its against the law to give false information??? get the facts right and then maybe you should be a reporter
Julie

Brentwood, TN

#8 May 12, 2008
Centennial High has MS13 and I haven't seen the school administration actually take action-besides discussions. Gangs are everywhere but I've lived in other states that manage gangs...not just hope for the best...like TN!

Any parent that has walked the halls of Centennial High during the day can see the signs of gangs..gang tattoos, colors and clothing style. If you have a child at this school you must know of all the violence and lock downs this year. This school is not safe for students or administration.
centennial mom

Franklin, TN

#9 May 20, 2008
Julie wrote:
Centennial High has MS13 and I haven't seen the school administration actually take action-besides discussions. Gangs are everywhere but I've lived in other states that manage gangs...not just hope for the best...like TN!
Any parent that has walked the halls of Centennial High during the day can see the signs of gangs..gang tattoos, colors and clothing style. If you have a child at this school you must know of all the violence and lock downs this year. This school is not safe for students or administration.
I agree with you. Their are gangs of children causing problems in Franklin and surrounding areas. If you want to wait to see lowriders cruising the streets filled with armed gang members....you watch too much television !! The meeting held recently by Franklin Police addressed the signs and issues related to gang activity. The symbols painted on signs and buildings are not teenage pranks. They represent a marking of territory , gangs tag each others residences and schools. I want to also let you know....if your property is painted you are responsible for removing the paint at your expense. Failure to remove will result in being given a citation (fines$$) from the codes department. Nice huh? Lack of leadership and strength of conviction is the problem at Centennial.
G-dog

Franklin, TN

#10 May 23, 2008
Ok I acknowledge that there is some gang activity in and around Franklin and especially at Centennial high but I'm a student at Independence high and allot of my friends go to Franklin High (which I live less than 5 minutes from) and most of the "gangs" at those schools, particularly FB and IHC, are complete and utter jokes. And I don't mean jokes in that they lack "street cred" but that they were actually started as, and continue to be, jokes. I can only think of one instance were there is an actual gang at either of these two schools that could actually do anyone harm (DCK).
beavis

Tullahoma, TN

#11 Jun 12, 2008
close to juan wrote:
i just want to let you know that you are making news coments that are not close to anything that happened with juan castro. who are you to say that he was a gang member? do you have proof? you have nothing to back up what you have said, i can confirm this because not even the investigators have said anything about him being in a gang!!! so if you don't know the story right then don't say it at all. it really makes me angry that you dare put something like that on the news without any proof!!! do you know its against the law to give false information??? get the facts right and then maybe you should be a reporter
TBI says he was in a gang! DUH!
anonymous

Deer Lodge, TN

#12 Jun 12, 2008
all i want to know is the names of the gangs. where are they at? these are questions that can help the people.
Max

Deer Lodge, TN

#13 Jun 12, 2008
hey whats DCK? do you know what it stands for?
Max

Deer Lodge, TN

#14 Jun 12, 2008
beavis wrote:
<quoted text>TBI says he was in a gang! DUH!
just cuz the police say something doesnt mean its true. if the TBI said i was in a gang everyonr would believe it.
Rhyno

Deer Lodge, TN

#15 Jun 12, 2008
G-dog wrote:
Ok I acknowledge that there is some gang activity in and around Franklin and especially at Centennial high but I'm a student at Independence high and allot of my friends go to Franklin High (which I live less than 5 minutes from) and most of the "gangs" at those schools, particularly FB and IHC, are complete and utter jokes. And I don't mean jokes in that they lack "street cred" but that they were actually started as, and continue to be, jokes. I can only think of one instance were there is an actual gang at either of these two schools that could actually do anyone harm (DCK).
do u have affiliations with DCK? who r u i might actually know you. but really do u know any DCK members?
Big Papa

United States

#16 Jun 18, 2008
DCK means Dark Carnival Klan
it is also known out west as Ditchin Cop Krew
originating from DC Destructive Children.
In Phoenix it is a very scary and active gang.
I think the members associate themselves with music by Buckethead.
This gang should be stopped in Franklin.. they have the ability to create another Colombine situation if not corrected early.
I hope the police are working on preventing this gang's activity.
beavis

Tullahoma, TN

#17 Jun 19, 2008
close to juan wrote:
Well What the hell was underage kids doing out that late at night. Why do you folks not speak clear english? Why do you folks not have a SSI # or share one with your co workers? I can tell you why " YOU ARE ILLEGAL"! LEAVE! NOW YOU ARE DRIVING DOWN OUR WAGES! ALSO OUR CULTURE. THIS IS OUR COUNTRY! NOT YOURS!
Buckethead Fan

Nashville, TN

#18 Jun 24, 2008
Big Papa wrote:
This gang should be stopped in Franklin.. they have the ability to create another Colombine situation if not corrected early.
DCK stands for Death Cube K in the Buckethead form, it is him and Bill Laswells music! If you take the words Death Cube K and put the letters togather it spells Buckethead! I did a search on DCK, and the only real thing I found was a myspace group page with 7 or 8 members on it, and they look more like the Insane Clown Posse than anything! Just FYI
I know dck

AOL

#19 Jul 30, 2008
Big Papa wrote:
dck isnt violent, i know all of them, they are just a family created to protect eachother, they originated when a member of the hoover crips jumped one of them, all they do is protect..they even protect those that arent in their gang, they stand up for the underdog, if i had to choose a word to describe it, it wouldnt be gang, but..vigalante family, franklin cops cant do shit, so they do
Cryptic Kid

AOL

#20 Jul 30, 2008
None of you know dck, i know dck, they originated about three years back, they arent anyone mess with, but theyre only violent when provoked. they are mostly outcast, people who watch eachothers backs, you all must not know what goes down in the underground of franklin......hatchets swingin forever
beze

United States

#21 Sep 14, 2008
i kno dck do u kno dck monkey?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's the craziest thing that's ever happened ... 3 hr WhatAboutBob 4
Schools and the eclipse Tue Life lessons 4
Dirt Cheap (Apr '16) Aug 14 High dollar crying 22
shooting in lewisburg Aug 14 Cant fix stupid 17
Woman found dead behind van Aug 14 Just Gone away 5
Cry Babies Aug 14 Young peeps ways 7
Right Care Aug 14 FYI go to a doctor 4

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance