Mr Lewisburg

United States

#1 Mar 1, 2013
I want to get involved in Lewisburg poltics but I'm afraid my past may hold me back. I used drugs and had an affair.

Do I still have a chance?
u r dumb

Lewisburg, TN

#2 Mar 1, 2013
Mr Lewisburg wrote:
I want to get involved in Lewisburg poltics but I'm afraid my past may hold me back. I used drugs and had an affair.
Do I still have a chance?
Because you have to ask, no. You're too stupid.
Run For President

Columbia, TN

#3 Mar 1, 2013
Mr Lewisburg wrote:
I want to get involved in Lewisburg poltics but I'm afraid my past may hold me back. I used drugs and had an affair.
Do I still have a chance?
I don't see hwy not look at those who have been presidents and vice presidents of the United States!
Are some of those admitted drug users and even had affairs while even in the oval office?
Run For President

Columbia, TN

#4 Mar 1, 2013
u r dumb wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you have to ask, no. You're too stupid.
What is this? don't ask, don't tell?
Would you think someone who was honest and open about having an affair and doing drugs would be much better in public office than those who might lie, hide their affairs and drug use?
Just think one day, she or he might be Mayor or president of the US!
u r dumb

Lewisburg, TN

#5 Mar 1, 2013
Run For President wrote:
<quoted text>
What is this? don't ask, don't tell?
Would you think someone who was honest and open about having an affair and doing drugs would be much better in public office than those who might lie, hide their affairs and drug use?
Just think one day, she or he might be Mayor or president of the US!
you don't know what you are talking about either. anyone with any REAL political sense is not going to ask that stupid of a question. a kid would ask but it's not a kid considering the "affair". and you not recognizing that makes you just as stupid. But we knew that.
PACman

Chapel Hill, TN

#6 Mar 2, 2013
Mr Lewisburg wrote:
I want to get involved in Lewisburg poltics but I'm afraid my past may hold me back. I used drugs and had an affair.
Do I still have a chance?
Compared to current Politicians I would say your have met the minimum qualifications! Good luck in your political future.

This was an unpaid endorsement and unapproved by Mr Lewisburg.
Big Brother

Lewisburg, TN

#7 Mar 2, 2013
Mr Lewisburg wrote:
I want to get involved in Lewisburg poltics but I'm afraid my past may hold me back. I used drugs and had an affair.
Do I still have a chance?
You are a shoe in!
Educational Back Ground

Columbia, TN

#8 Mar 2, 2013
Mr Lewisburg wrote:
I want to get involved in Lewisburg poltics but I'm afraid my past may hold me back. I used drugs and had an affair.
Do I still have a chance?
I can see right away you are honest! Don't think they will ever elect an "honest person" with so little experence.

Only drugs and affair? Had any experience at teaching school, lying, cheating, robbing, stealing, and operating a gang, for do the voters in Lewisburg seem to want experience?
Oh and almost forgot "cover up" it may take lots of experience in "cover up"!
Educational back ground preferred?
Good Luck
Get involved, never know you might get elected Mayor!





old timer

Lewisburg, TN

#9 Mar 2, 2013
Mr Lewisburg wrote:
I want to get involved in Lewisburg poltics but I'm afraid my past may hold me back. I used drugs and had an affair.
Do I still have a chance?
Just pull an Obama and lie about your past.

There should be enough illiterate democrats to get you elected.
not proud of him

Lewisburg, TN

#10 Mar 2, 2013
old timer wrote:
<quoted text>
Just pull an Obama and lie about your past.
There should be enough illiterate democrats to get you elected.
Amen, you can not get a straight answer from obama. How can any democratic supporter support anyone who is all about cover-up, blames others for his failures, tries to scare folks as if they were stupid when speaking of needed cutbacks, speaks of the entire nation of republicans as if they were terrorist and does not believe in God?
Cuts which needed to be made were cutbacks in welfare gravy train spending and giving billions away to nations who hate us. Is it some sort of protection money and buying votes and not in that order? He scares me and is not building a nation he is deviding a nation day by day.
Police of the World

Columbia, TN

#12 Mar 3, 2013
not proud of him wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen, you can not get a straight answer from obama. How can any democratic supporter support anyone who is all about cover-up, blames others for his failures, tries to scare folks as if they were stupid when speaking of needed cutbacks, speaks of the entire nation of republicans as if they were terrorist and does not believe in God?
Cuts which needed to be made were cutbacks in welfare gravy train spending and giving billions away to nations who hate us. Is it some sort of protection money and buying votes and not in that order? He scares me and is not building a nation he is deviding a nation day by day.
Is the Government not supposed to be divided into 3 parts as a check and balance, not agree and dictatorship as some might think?
Where are the local cuts, for have from big cities to small towns, across America becomes the Welfare drain on the Federal Budget, as well as the local taxpayers?
Is it Washington or the President destroying our Childrenís future or is it the local elected officials, wanting, grants, federal funding, to borrow more, allowing waste, and spending us all broke?

Just think if every State, County and city in America is applying for federal grants, funding and aid.
The welfare drain on America is the local States, Counties, and Cities not those poor people who really need the welfare!
What breaking America is those public officials who think, state aid, federal grants, state programs, federal programs that require matching funds donít have to be paid by all!
Military Aid and trying to become, the police of the World!
Has Obama become a lover of power, and police of the world, who knows, well that's to be seen!
Got any Common Sense

Columbia, TN

#13 Mar 3, 2013
u r dumb wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't know what you are talking about either. anyone with any REAL political sense is not going to ask that stupid of a question. a kid would ask but it's not a kid considering the "affair". and you not recognizing that makes you just as stupid. But we knew that.
Was there a Mayor who once said something like "he did not call the police, when he heard people squealing their tires; he just wished they would hit a tree and kill themselves?"
Was there a President who once said something like "I did not have sex with that woman?"
I don't know about the political sense did one get elected Mayor of Lewisburg and did one even get elected president of the United States?
How many have you known elected to public office lately with any common sense?
encouraging being poor

Lewisburg, TN

#14 Mar 3, 2013
Police of the World wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the Government not supposed to be divided into 3 parts as a check and balance, not agree and dictatorship as some might think?
Where are the local cuts, for have from big cities to small towns, across America becomes the Welfare drain on the Federal Budget, as well as the local taxpayers?
Is it Washington or the President destroying our Childrenís future or is it the local elected officials, wanting, grants, federal funding, to borrow more, allowing waste, and spending us all broke?
Just think if every State, County and city in America is applying for federal grants, funding and aid.
The welfare drain on America is the local States, Counties, and Cities not those poor people who really need the welfare!
What breaking America is those public officials who think, state aid, federal grants, state programs, federal programs that require matching funds donít have to be paid by all!
Military Aid and trying to become, the police of the World!
Has Obama become a lover of power, and police of the world, who knows, well that's to be seen!
I for one am not anxious to wait and see what obama does. The poor, the poor, the poor. Teach some of them a lesson by depriving them of aid and see how long they stay poor and drain our system. We are wasting money on the poor. If they are too lazy to take care of themselves, should we care? Those with "real" disabilities need our help. Here in Tennessee we have too many disability scamsters. Look at some stats, I think we are king and queen of disability.

Lets continue to build more and more low income housing in the city and county and further encourage being poor. If you let yourself go, didn't care about education and made yourself unemployable, picking up paper and digging ditches sounds like what you qualify for. If they think they deserve a better job tell them to better themselves.

Life is what you put into it. I for one am tired of taking care of the poor. Come on, so called poor, grab a shovel or bag and start pulling your own weight if you are on welfare. And, you should not get any IRS refunds if you don't pay into it. Stop glamorizing poor and ask a few how they drive a hummer and own gold and don't work and all the local kids look up to them.

You have to ask yourself, what makes one poor. They do, they did it to themselves well knowing there is the "safety net".

If they are poor and are happy being poor then they should be able to live on what they make not what they take from others who cared about their lives. Being poor is an excuse not a reason.
Police of the World

Columbia, TN

#15 Mar 3, 2013
encouraging being poor wrote:
<quoted text>
I for one am not anxious to wait and see what obama does. The poor, the poor, the poor. Teach some of them a lesson by depriving them of aid and see how long they stay poor and drain our system. We are wasting money on the poor. If they are too lazy to take care of themselves, should we care? Those with "real" disabilities need our help. Here in Tennessee we have too many disability scamsters. Look at some stats, I think we are king and queen of disability.
Lets continue to build more and more low income housing in the city and county and further encourage being poor. If you let yourself go, didn't care about education and made yourself unemployable, picking up paper and digging ditches sounds like what you qualify for. If they think they deserve a better job tell them to better themselves.
Life is what you put into it. I for one am tired of taking care of the poor. Come on, so called poor, grab a shovel or bag and start pulling your own weight if you are on welfare. And, you should not get any IRS refunds if you don't pay into it. Stop glamorizing poor and ask a few how they drive a hummer and own gold and don't work and all the local kids look up to them.
You have to ask yourself, what makes one poor. They do, they did it to themselves well knowing there is the "safety net".
If they are poor and are happy being poor then they should be able to live on what they make not what they take from others who cared about their lives. Being poor is an excuse not a reason.
Don't blame America's Debt on the poor or those on welfare because everyone of those had to be approved by a public official!

Did lots of America's Debt came from greedy small town / County and city officials who applied for unneeded but wanted Grants, which was used for unneeded public projects like, from several walking trails to the Road to no where, or airports in the middle of no where!


Costs of Wars and trying to be police of the world, foreign aid, trying to buy other governments into public officials, way of thinking, buying friends can't be done?
Becoming Rule / Police of the world, can't be done?
Small Towns, Cities, Major Debt comes from local public officials applying for grants, matching funds, allowing waste and spending more for things not really needed, spectulation on empty industrial buildings, public officials benifits, retirments etc. and those debts interest has begun to add up!
Some may want people to think it the people on Welfare but NO! Is it those using little to no common sense in public office, that got America Broke, trying to buy America rich by wasting more, borrowing more and spending more?







something for nothing

Lewisburg, TN

#16 Mar 3, 2013
Police of the World wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't blame America's Debt on the poor or those on welfare because everyone of those had to be approved by a public official!
Did lots of America's Debt came from greedy small town / County and city officials who applied for unneeded but wanted Grants, which was used for unneeded public projects like, from several walking trails to the Road to no where, or airports in the middle of no where!
Costs of Wars and trying to be police of the world, foreign aid, trying to buy other governments into public officials, way of thinking, buying friends can't be done?
Becoming Rule / Police of the world, can't be done?
Small Towns, Cities, Major Debt comes from local public officials applying for grants, matching funds, allowing waste and spending more for things not really needed, spectulation on empty industrial buildings, public officials benifits, retirments etc. and those debts interest has begun to add up!
Some may want people to think it the people on Welfare but NO! Is it those using little to no common sense in public office, that got America Broke, trying to buy America rich by wasting more, borrowing more and spending more?
You are right to an extent and I am sorry...so am I. Debt builds when one gives money they do not have and those who are on the receiving end do nothing to give back.

Tons of billions of tax money is wasted on numerous welfare programs, outright fraud and stupid generated positions which is payback for past support and vote buying. Not taking money given to you by the state and federal government is somewhat foolish and those who do not ask for it lose out. What they do with the grants is another animal. Politics, politics politic.

I was in the military for several years and understand the need for us to be certain locations.
Building roads to nowhere and other silly projects most likely help the person who asked for the money and end up somewhat in the hands of friends, supporters and relatives in a direct or roundabout way....again, politics.

For someone to get in a position of authority, favors need to be returned. Nobody supports anyone for the sake of helping someone. Anyone who ever ran for any position will tell you. If they say I am not telling the truth, they are lying. Building governemnt and "entitlements" are killing us.
Just Asking

Columbia, TN

#17 Mar 3, 2013
something for nothing wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right to an extent and I am sorry...so am I. Debt builds when one gives money they do not have and those who are on the receiving end do nothing to give back.
Tons of billions of tax money is wasted on numerous welfare programs, outright fraud and stupid generated positions which is payback for past support and vote buying. Not taking money given to you by the state and federal government is somewhat foolish and those who do not ask for it lose out. What they do with the grants is another animal. Politics, politics politic.
I was in the military for several years and understand the need for us to be certain locations.
Building roads to nowhere and other silly projects most likely help the person who asked for the money and end up somewhat in the hands of friends, supporters and relatives in a direct or roundabout way....again, politics.
For someone to get in a position of authority, favors need to be returned. Nobody supports anyone for the sake of helping someone. Anyone who ever ran for any position will tell you. If they say I am not telling the truth, they are lying. Building governemnt and "entitlements" are killing us.
You say "Not taking money given to you by the state and federal government is somewhat foolish and those who do not ask for it lose out. What they do with the grants is another animal. Politics, politics politic."

Taking money given by the state or federal government usually comes with strings attached, like requiring some matching funds, so if towns canít afford the strings or matching funds should those be considered first!
Just because if our neighbors go to hell, should we want to?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looney 1 hr Good one 1
Lewisburg vs.Chapel Hill? Better Place To Live? 7 hr native but neutral 7
Marshall Tribune 17 hr I read the paper 6
Work 17 hr are you still a w... 21
cold case murderers May 20 be real 1
Breakins in Idelwidl Subdivision (Jan '14) May 20 be real 4
countryside village May 20 cashville queen 2
More from around the web

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]