Open eyes

Lewisburg, TN

#116 Nov 20, 2012
How Ignorant Are You wrote:
Yes
So I take it from the misdirection (deception), and confirmation (lie) you have shown your true self. Good for you. You can add to your other stripes. Enjoy your journey.
Observer

Lewisburg, TN

#117 Nov 20, 2012
The real snake stayed.
How Ignorant Are You wrote:
Obviously "The Truth Hurts" is quite brilliant. If you pull up the website for Lifesong, you'll notice that there's several individuals missing from their contacts. Why?- because they now have their own church and are more than likely defrauding innocent (and gullible) followers out of money because they need it to cover their own personal expenses.
How Ignorant Are You

Smyrna, TN

#118 Nov 21, 2012
Any smart person would know that Mt is an abbreviation for Mountain. You obviously do not know how to use Google either because the first item referenced when you search Mt Home TN is the VA Hospital that is there. Try it. You might just surprise yourself. Now, if you excuse me, I have to get back on the road and head home so I can get through Knoxville before the lunchtime traffic. I would rather spend the holiday with my family than deal with your ignorance any more.
How Ignorant Are You

Smyrna, TN

#119 Nov 21, 2012
Oh, and before I go,I would also like to witness your true colors. I will look when I return. My spouse is a practicing Muslim and we are letting the children decide how they wish to practice their faith when they get older. As of now, they are exposed to both. I don't believe that children should be forced to practice Catholicism just because one parent is Catholic. Open Eyes, if you were really a Catholic, you would know that is the way it goes. How do you raise your children? If you have nice things to say about it, I will know you are lying because I have yet to find a so-called Christian in Tennessee who has any knowledge about the faith. You idiots think that Muslims all want to blow things up in the name of Allah. My wife has even lost her job because of the ignorance down here. Hence, why I must travel for work. The pay is well enough to support my family. So, go ahead,Observer and Open Eyes, show me your real self. In the meantime, have a Happy "Redneck" Thanksgiving.
Open eyes

Lewisburg, TN

#121 Nov 21, 2012
Let's back up a moment. I asked you what major city you lived near. Mt. Home is not a major city. I saw the site for the VA Hospital, but since it is not a major city it made no sense. When I said I could not locate it, you reiterated it was in Tennessee. Never did you explain it was not a major city and neither did you attempt to help me understand you meant the Hospital was your location. We have many Mt. somethings here. Mt. Pleasant, Mt. Hope, Mt. Juliet, Mt. this and Mt. that.

As for showing my true colors, I am not the one to hide behind misdirection. Since you are angling for my thoughts on your religious practices, I will give you what you ask. But remember, you asked. I don't think any children should be FORCE to practice, exposed yes. Just as an angler of Trout would expose his children to fishing would. I raised my children to have open minds and to explore what is around them. I did not accept Jesus until I was 15 when I came to that conclusion on my own, not through any church. My children have done the same.

I respect all walks of life and believe everyone has the right to follow whatever they want. In addition to my bible studies, I have also studied other religions. I will only present factual evidence, not prejudiced hyperbole. As for your spouse, you should understand that Muslim is not a religion. A Muslim is a follower of the religion of Islam. In their holy book of the Qur'an it plainly says:
Open eyes

Lewisburg, TN

#122 Nov 21, 2012
Surah 4: 157-158 And because of their saying (in boast), "We killed Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allah," - but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but the resemblance of 'Iesa (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man), and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e.'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)]:

The Christian New Testament says very clearly that Jesus WAS crucified. Only one of these accounts can be true while the other is a lie. Which one is it?

As for Jesus being the "Son of God", We believe that the eternal Son of God, one with the Father from all eternity, united to Him in one Spirit, "became flesh and dwelt among us" (John 1:14), and took "the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men" (Philippians 2:7). We believe that God's spirit came over Mary and she became pregnant with Jesus but there was NO PHYSICAL SEXUAL INTERCOURSE.

Muhammad did not accept that. He believed that Mary indeed had physical sexual intercourse.
Surah 2:116 - "They say: "God has begotten a son". Glory be to Him. No, to Him belongs all that is in the heavens and on earth: everything renders worship to Him."
Surah 9:30 - "The Christians say the Messiah is the Son of God, that is a saying from their mouths."

Here we have Jesus speaking and denying everything he said in the Bible:
Surah 19:20,34, Jesus praised his birth and then said,“I am the servant of Allah.” And Allah teaches,“It is not for God to take a son unto Him.”

How can Jesus be quoted in one book (bible) saying he is the Son of God and deny it in the Qur'an?

Surah 10:68-70 - They say, "Allah has begotten a son!" Glory be to Him! He is SELF-sufficient! His are all things in the heavens and on earth! No warrant have you for this! What you don't know you say about Allah. Say: "Those who forge a lie against Allah will never prosper." Then we make them taste the severest Chastisement for their disbelief.

Surah 5:72 - Surely, they have disbelieved who say: "Allah is the Messiah ['Iesa (Jesus)], son of Maryam (Mary)." But the Messiah ['Iesa (Jesus)] said: "O Children of Israel! Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Verily, whosoever sets up partners in worship with Allah, then Allah has forbidden Paradise for him, and the Fire will be his abode . And for the Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers) there are no helpers.

Surah 5:73 - Surely, disbelievers are those who said: "Allah is the third of the three (in a Trinity)." But there is no ilah (god)(none who has the right to be worshipped) but One Ilah (God -Allah). And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall the disbelievers among them.

Surah 5:75 - The Messiah ['Iesa (Jesus)], son of Maryam (Mary), was no more than a Messenger; many were the Messengers that passed away before him. His mother [Maryam (Mary)] was a Siddiqah [i.e. she believed in the words of Allah and His Books (see Verse 66:12)]. They both used to eat food (as any other human being, while Allah does not eat). Look how We make the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) clear to them, yet look how they are deluded away (from the truth).

I could go on and on with showing you how Muhammad says Jesus is NOT the Son of God and denies the belief that Jesus and God are one and the same. The Christian New Testament says he is. Only one of these accounts can be true and one is a lie. How do you explain that to your children?

In addition to what the New Testament says, the Old Testament or Hebrew holy books also testify through prophecy that the Jew's Messiah is the Son of God AND that he would indeed be crucified, buried and raised three days later. There are many Muslims who have converted to Christianity.
Open eyes

Lewisburg, TN

#123 Nov 21, 2012
Here is a list of famous Muslims who have converted to Christianity:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_converts...
Open eyes

Lewisburg, TN

#124 Nov 21, 2012
And one additional thought: How convenient that Muhammad started his religion 640 years AFTER Jesus. For over 4000 years the Jew's and Christians followed after and were led by God and suddenly, in 610 CE God tells Mohammad "Whoops, they got it all wrong and now I am going to show you the truth". In other words, God had been lying for all that time, telling the Hebrews first that they were the chosen, "God's people" and then had Jesus lie about who he was. I would love to hear how you can reason all this out.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#125 Nov 22, 2012
Just what we need. Another gun-slinging, bible-toting, holy-roller, Jesus-freak. Ya'll are about as devilish and untrustworthy as Lucifer himself. Did a wave of insanity overtake you to make you start talking gibberish and running around wild-eyed? Oops, did I just say that outloud? Do you talk in tongues and dance in the aisles?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#126 Nov 22, 2012
ROTF LMMFAO
Oh really

United States

#127 Nov 22, 2012
Good Lawdie wrote:
Just what we need. Another gun-slinging, bible-toting, holy-roller, Jesus-freak. Ya'll are about as devilish and untrustworthy as Lucifer himself. Did a wave of insanity overtake you to make you start talking gibberish and running around wild-eyed? Oops, did I just say that outloud? Do you talk in tongues and dance in the aisles?
and all we need is another loud mouth bigot like you trampling on other peoples rights and freedoms. nobody is forcing you to read. no one is forcing you to believe in God. I didn't think any of what open eyes said was gibberish. even if God don't exist those Islamic extremists believe it enough to live it and force it on you. you can tell you don't even believe in God, so why don't you just let others be?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#128 Nov 24, 2012
My, my, my – how clever you are. You created imaginary lines to read between to make an attempt at a half-way intelligent response. Too bad you are way off base and apparently don’t comprehend what you are reading. I suggest you go back and re-review my statement to see the context in which the word “gibberish” was used. You also sound a little paranoid there. Am I beginning to hit close to home?

So, let me understand this. The main requisite, even though it is not listed in the terms and conditions, is that you must be a Christian to post comments or statements of fact on this forum? If that’s the case, I’ll be back to debunk your useless thoughts any time I so choose.

Since you Christians believe yourself to be so much more righteous because Jesus is seen as the "Son of God" and not merely a teacher, all those that follow other religions - TAKE HEED - YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE. That includes Jews, Islamists, Buddhists, Hindus, Unitarian Universalists, Neo-Paganists, Wiccans, Spiritualists, Bahaists, Sikhs, Scientologists, Humanists, etc., etc., etc. I should go one step further since some of these other religious consist of nationalities other than Caucasian, if you are African-American, Asian, Latino, Middle Eastern, etc., etc, etc, you may as well stay off of here, too. This forum only allows white Christians that can recite bible verses to each other.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#129 Nov 24, 2012
Oh, and one more thought before I go. The comment you belched "even if God don't exist those Islamic extremists believe it enough to live it and force it on you" goes right along with what How Ignorant Are You anticipated would be said. I can't wait to hear his reply. You are ignorant.
Hmmmm

Lewisburg, TN

#130 Nov 24, 2012
Good Lawdie wrote:
Just a suggestion Lawdie, it would help if you clicked on the "reply" link of the post you are referring to, otherwise, those reading your post are left to think on their own of who or what you are commenting about.
Watch

Columbia, TN

#131 Nov 24, 2012
" This forum only allows white Christians that can recite bible verses to each other."

Just wait, they will argue amongst themselves about what interpretation is more correct, therefore making THEM the most righteous!
Open eyes

Lewisburg, TN

#132 Nov 24, 2012
Good Lawdie wrote:
Oh, and one more thought before I go. The comment you belched "even if God don't exist those Islamic extremists believe it enough to live it and force it on you" goes right along with what How Ignorant Are You anticipated would be said. I can't wait to hear his reply. You are ignorant.
Perhaps if you wrote in a more comprehensible manner we might better understand you.

There obviously is no prereq to be a Christian to post, but your comment was a slam on Christians and was phrased in a manner another Christian would not write which suggests you are not a Christian. Just to clear the air, are you a Christian? The suggestion you 'leave it be' seem to say that, since you don't appear to have horse in the race, you are only posting to cause trouble. So "Oh Really" was suggesting you just leave it alone. But you are free to make an a$$ of yourself and I am sure you will anyway.

You have so little understanding of Christianity, lol! Christians ARE more righteous than non-Christians, but that is only so by the Christian "God's" definition of righteousness. Righteousness is simply adhering to moral principles of a religion. It can not be measured by someone outside the religion because it is non-consequential to them. In other words, it makes more sense for a one Christian to point the lack of Christian morals to another Christian, but never to a non-Christian. Non-Christians have their own ideas on what morals mean "for them".

No one but you thinks other religions are not welcomed here. The point of comparing Islam to Christianity in reflection of Christ is nothing but that. You can't change the facts that are there. You also cannot change the facts of when these various religions began and what they represent. But that has nothing to do with respect of freedom to believe however you wish. Especially in the United States. This is no different than comparing two different games, say the game Clue, versus Monopoly. You can't play either game by the other's rules. But no one is attempting to stop you from playing one or the other.

I agree with "Oh really" that extremists of any religion are going to react and make decisions based on their religious beliefs and if those beliefs include forcing others to believe or having their heads chopped off, that is what they are going to do. And it is exactly what they do, do.

By the way, as a side note, the only thing your banter creates is more platforms for people like me to explain what Christianity is really all about. So, thank you in advance for providing me that opportunity.
You Need A Savior

Lewisburg, TN

#134 Nov 24, 2012
First of all, God loves you. Even with the evil that consumes you, God loved you so much he sent his son to die for you. You need a savior and his name is Jesus. Otherwise, if you continue to reject him, you will burn in a devil's hell for eternity.
Good Lawdie wrote:
Just what we need. Another gun-slinging, bible-toting, holy-roller, Jesus-freak. Ya'll are about as devilish and untrustworthy as Lucifer himself. Did a wave of insanity overtake you to make you start talking gibberish and running around wild-eyed? Oops, did I just say that outloud? Do you talk in tongues and dance in the aisles?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#135 Nov 24, 2012
The Hellfire and Brimstone way of teaching Christ and Salvation has spoken!!!!!!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#136 Nov 24, 2012
You so-called Christians have a hell of a lot to learn about the religions of the world and so many could benefit from it. Many were created well before Christianity and are still practiced tody. You are so closed-minded in thinking Christianity alone is the only path to Heaven.
Wise thoughts

Lewisburg, TN

#137 Nov 24, 2012
You Need A Savior wrote:
First of all, God loves you. Even with the evil that consumes you, God loved you so much he sent his son to die for you. You need a savior and his name is Jesus. Otherwise, if you continue to reject him, you will burn in a devil's hell for eternity.
<quoted text>
Don't bother tossing your pearls to pigs. They'll only trampled them to bits. And I must say, I do get a better reaction when I leave the hell end of things out of it. It does them no good and they only fight back harder. If they won't come to Christ with love, why would they come with threats of damnation? Better to just stick to the love Jesus offered.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Out of Control Police 4 min A lawmaker 2
May fest in lewisburg 1 hr too bad ur so unh... 9
Were You Spanked? (Nov '13) Sat Successful Parent 41
Work Fri so unhappy and in... 1
Will MCHS Get New Stadium? Fri rocket 32
Is Football to dangerous for Underage Children Fri Tired of bob 21
Lisa Beadle (Apr '12) Fri ultimate bitch 25
More from around the web

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]