yea

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

"How Ignorant Are You", I don't care if you gossip or try to insult people with your Topix moniker. When you do either one as a guise of being informative with out any facts other than "hearsay", I'm going to call BS as I see it. Your Welcome.
Open eyes

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

How Ignorant Are You wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I reiterate all that was told to me? Absolutely not. Admit to me that you are innocent of listening to what people say about others....at work...at church....out in public. Do you ever repeat it to anyone.....a sibling....a spouse.....a parent....a friend, etc.? I suppose in that instance, you are guilty of gossip yourself.
So your defense for wrong doing is "others do it"? Wonderful. My children said the same when they were young. Explain that one to God next time you talk to him.

So only a little bit of wrong is okay, you say? So if I make a pan of brownies and tell you I mixed in a pinch of dog poo, but you would never taste it, would you still eat it? Is it better to stab with a pin than with a knife? I never said I don't sin because it is a fact we all do. But what sets "true Christians" apart from those who pretend to be is we strive not to sin and when sin is pointed out to us we retract and strive to make it right. You are not doing that at all. In fact, you've been fighting hard to defend your sin.

And still, you refuse to explain to me what makes you a Christian. Why?
Open eyes

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying:“The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.

“Then he sent some more servants and said,‘Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner: My oxen and fattened cattle have been butchered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.’

“But they paid no attention and went off—one to his field, another to his business. The rest seized his servants, mistreated them and killed them. The king was enraged. He sent his army and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.

“Then he said to his servants,‘The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’ So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, the bad as well as the good, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.

“But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. He asked,‘How did you get in here without wedding clothes, friend?’ The man was speechless.

“Then the king told the attendants,‘Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

“For many are invited, but few are chosen.”

The banquet is heaven. Those first invited were the Jews who crucified Jesus. The others were the world who were invited by accepting Jesus. Those in wedding clothes are those "saved" Christians while the one tossed out was not saved, but thought he was.

There are many who call themselves "Christian" but are not because they never received their "wedding clothes" which represents Salvation.
How Ignorant Are You

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Open eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
So your defense for wrong doing is "others do it"? Wonderful. My children said the same when they were young. Explain that one to God next time you talk to him.
So only a little bit of wrong is okay, you say? So if I make a pan of brownies and tell you I mixed in a pinch of dog poo, but you would never taste it, would you still eat it? Is it better to stab with a pin than with a knife? I never said I don't sin because it is a fact we all do. But what sets "true Christians" apart from those who pretend to be is we strive not to sin and when sin is pointed out to us we retract and strive to make it right. You are not doing that at all. In fact, you've been fighting hard to defend your sin.
And still, you refuse to explain to me what makes you a Christian. Why?
So I guess you're telling me that you're a saint. I must have missed your cannonization. Sorry about that. That revelation must be why I am required to explain my religious beliefs to you, I suppose.
yea

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

"How Ignorant Are You", excellent usage of sarcasm. I am almost impressed.
yea

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Pardon, hyperbole, not sarcasm....
How Ignorant Are You

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Thank you, but hyperbole is not the correct word. Check it's meaning. "A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect, as in I could sleep for a year or This book weighs a ton". Country hicks shouldn't try to use big words they don't understand just to appear smart.
Open eyes

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

<quoted text>
So I guess you're telling me that you're a saint. I must have missed your cannonization. Sorry about that. That revelation must be why I am required to explain my religious beliefs to you, I suppose.
I have already told you more than once that I am a sinner. That I am saved makes me no better than you, here on Earth. We both have free will to do as we please, right or wrong. You have no obligation to explain your beliefs to me. That is between you and God. I asked about your Christianity because I don't see it. I can't say I have ever asked a Christian why they thought they were a Christian and received the amount of resistance you've put up. If your lamp is lit, why do you insist on putting it under a bowl where no one can see it? I know exactly why I am a Christian and I have no problem telling anyone why if asked.

With that said, if you are satisfied with your beliefs, who am I to attempt to say you are wrong? Again, that is between you and God. I've got my wedding clothes and I'm ready for the banquet. I hope you do, too.
How Ignorant Are You

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

The form of hypocritical Christianity I find in this part of the South is not the type of Christianity I choose to follow. God does not look down on a person that wants to be a smarta$$ once in a while or voice their opinion on occasion. I do not have to shout my faith on the streetcorner as many here do. If I truly thought it was worthwhile proclaiming my Christianity to you, would it have been beneficial or would I have endured the retribution of the Sunday Christians of the South?
yea

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Thank you, but hyperbole is not the correct word. Check it's meaning. "A figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect, as in I could sleep for a year or This book weighs a ton". Country hicks shouldn't try to use big words they don't understand just to appear smart.

Oh, I don't need to "appear" smart. However I did use a bit too much freedom on that one. I wasn't aware that the Vatican had changed the rules on Canonization. Last time I checked, there was death involved and a few miracles.
How Ignorant Are You

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Well....duh. That's among the lessons taught in the Catholic religion.
Open eyes

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

The form of hypocritical Christianity I find in this part of the South is not the type of Christianity I choose to follow. God does not look down on a person that wants to be a smarta$$ once in a while or voice their opinion on occasion. I do not have to shout my faith on the streetcorner as many here do. If I truly thought it was worthwhile proclaiming my Christianity to you, would it have been beneficial or would I have endured the retribution of the Sunday Christians of the South?
Hypocritical Christianity? I've never heard of that denomination. Last time I checked, there is only one way to heaven. Of course that's according to Jesus if you can believe him. Have I been hypocritical?

God looks down on no one. He loves each and everyone of us. He looks down on sin. Voicing your opinion and gossiping is not the same thing. You keep trying to sugarcoat it, but it's not going to get any sweeter.

No one asked you to shout. It was a simple question that a simple answer could have sufficed. By answering my question, it could have been beneficial to both of us. I, by no means, am a Sunday Christian. My relationship with God is 24/7. And last time I checked, Jesus didn't say anyone of any region has the market on God.

We could have had a nice civil discussion, but you will never know because you never tried. You misjudged me. Who's fault is that?
How Ignorant Are You

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

I'm not referring to you. I'm just saying in general. I have visited several churches trying to find someplace where I feel comfortable, but there's just something to be said for the people. Could just be that I'm just used to the way the church was when I grew up, but that was in the mid-west. People were real. I have yet to find that here. All I find are the hypocrites....claim to be Christian but they're more of a devil in disguise.
Open eyes

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

I'm not referring to you. I'm just saying in general. I have visited several churches trying to find someplace where I feel comfortable, but there's just something to be said for the people. Could just be that I'm just used to the way the church was when I grew up, but that was in the mid-west. People were real. I have yet to find that here. All I find are the hypocrites....claim to be Christian but they're more of a devil in disguise.
I truly sympathize with you on that. But that is not only here. Are you still a practicing Catholic? At first, my guess would have been no, but then you mentioned "it isn't like it was when you grew up".
How Ignorant Are You

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Yes, but there is no Catholic Church close enough to where I live. Everything is quite a drive and I already do enough of that for work. My only options are Church of God, Church of Christ and various denominations of Baptist.
Open eyes

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

I have found the closest thing to Catholic is Methodist. If you don't already know, some Protestant denominations, such as Church of Christ don't stop at just believing and accepting Jesus as your Savior, some add their own little dogmas such as if you don't go to "their" church you won't go to heaven. I don't buy any of that. Jesus said more than one time, believing on Him is enough. I have nothing against any church as long they accept Jesus as their Savior.(Mormon is a cult church, just a Jehovah Witnesses are).

The Methodist don't add anything more than believing in Jesus. However, as with any church, there are the core believers, and then those who just go on Sundays and then the C&E's and as with all churches there are the hypocrites. But that is just part of being human. Doesn't mean they aren't going to heaven.

In some Baptist churches they get a little fussy if you don't go three times a week. They can judge your dedication to God based on how many times you go and are a little tougher on insisting you tithe. But again, they are still good Christians in every church.

Myself, I was raise Catholic and my mother was devout. I currently am a member of a Methodist Church. I don't consider myself anything but a Christian. I have studied the bible for many years, including Greek and Hebrew translations and have also taught. Without getting too in your business, which major city do you live closest to?
How Ignorant Are You

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Mt. Home
Open eyes

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Mt. Home
I'm sorry, but I am not familiar with that. We are talking Tennessee, right?
How Ignorant Are You

Murfreesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Yes
Open eyes

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Yes
I'm sorry, but I've never heard of Mt. Home and neither has Google. What county are you in?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of388
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbia Discussions

Search the Columbia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 2 min ol folk watch 138,546
Public Defenders Race 15 min Outspoken Lesbian 23
Maury County Sheriff 2014 (Sep '13) 57 min Jack 399
1 way ticket to South America is $667 1 hr True 3
Hillary Clinton in 2016! 1 hr True 8
Lewisburg 1 hr Just dandy 14
2 men, 3 teens arrested for Maury County robberies 1 hr ummmmm 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbia Jobs

•••