First Prev
of 20
Next Last
Taser

Columbia, TN

#1 Oct 25, 2012
Has anyone heard Lifesong church is in turmoil? Wondered if it is true? Heard they ran RC off??
not a member

Lewisburg, TN

#2 Oct 26, 2012
Unless you are a member of Lifesong, why is it any business of yours?
Are you another nosy busybody without a life
community member

Lawrenceburg, TN

#4 Oct 26, 2012
not a member wrote:
Not the poster but as a community member I like to know if problems exist without slamming anyone.
Need to know

Lewisburg, TN

#6 Oct 26, 2012
community member wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the poster but as a community member I like to know if problems exist without slamming anyone.
Yeah, me too! I've never gone there and probably never will but I just love gossip. It must good stuff, especially since the bible says we shouldn't gossip. Oh please! And some slander too if you don't mind. I mean what good is gossip without a healthy side of slander to take with it!
not a member

Lewisburg, TN

#8 Oct 26, 2012
community member wrote:
<quoted text>
nosy, nosy, nosy, nosy.

Looking for some ammunition for your gossip addiction?
community member

Lawrenceburg, TN

#9 Oct 26, 2012
not a member wrote:
<quoted text>
nosy, nosy, nosy, nosy.
Looking for some ammunition for your gossip addiction?
No, was considering changing churches. If you can't say anything nice, dont say anything. You are worse than any gossiper. If I have a question, I am going to ask it. I would go to the church and ask too, any problem with that?
Need to know

Lewisburg, TN

#10 Oct 26, 2012
community member wrote:
<quoted text>
No, was considering changing churches. If you can't say anything nice, dont say anything. You are worse than any gossiper. If I have a question, I am going to ask it. I would go to the church and ask too, any problem with that?
And that is exactly what you needed to do (go ask the church), not ask on a forum well known for gossip, slander and more unethical behavior. Get a grip. If you are indeed a Christian, then you should know that gossiping is not considered a Christian thing to do so expect to be told that.
Violet

Lewisburg, TN

#11 Oct 26, 2012
If you think the forum is just gossip, slander, and busy-bodies, why are you visiting it? For the gossip, slander and busy-bodies?!!
Need to know

Lewisburg, TN

#12 Oct 26, 2012
Violet wrote:
If you think the forum is just gossip, slander, and busy-bodies, why are you visiting it? For the gossip, slander and busy-bodies?!!
Go back and read what I wrote. I did not say the forum is JUST gossip... I said it was KNOWN for gossip, slander and more unethical behavior. I visit because I like helping people who ask for it and also to help the truth along when I am able to do so, such as this.
community member

Lawrenceburg, TN

#13 Oct 26, 2012
Need to know wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is exactly what you needed to do (go ask the church), not ask on a forum well known for gossip, slander and more unethical behavior. Get a grip. If you are indeed a Christian, then you should know that gossiping is not considered a Christian thing to do so expect to be told that.
The forum is to discuss items of interest. Dont try to dictate what we discuss. Stay away if certain subjects bother you.
and...don't judge me. I may try to do 5 times good you do.
community member

Lawrenceburg, TN

#14 Oct 26, 2012
Need to know wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back and read what I wrote. I did not say the forum is JUST gossip... I said it was KNOWN for gossip, slander and more unethical behavior. I visit because I like helping people who ask for it and also to help the truth along when I am able to do so, such as this.
Don't bother helping me. Your help was not asked for. You need to get a grip. You don't even know me. Don't bother answering.
Need to know

Lewisburg, TN

#15 Oct 26, 2012
community member wrote:
<quoted text>
The forum is to discuss items of interest. Dont try to dictate what we discuss. Stay away if certain subjects bother you.
and...don't judge me. I may try to do 5 times good you do.
First off, I never attempted to dictate what you or anyone should discuss. I am not the Topix police. Secondly, I never said anything bothered me, I simple stated my opinion just as you have. If you are a Christian then you should understand that Christians should not gossip, and if they have a problem with other Christians to take it to the church, not an open forum. Or at least that is what Paul preached.

Anyone can tell from the first post and Topic title, this topix was started to air dirty laundry. I don't know of a church that does not have internal problems, it is a common problem of all tight knit groups religious or not.
Need to know

Lewisburg, TN

#16 Oct 26, 2012
community member wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't bother helping me. Your help was not asked for. You need to get a grip. You don't even know me. Don't bother answering.
And here, you misjudge me again. I never said I was trying to help you because as you pointed out, you never ask for help. Enjoy the day while it is still light out.
not a member

Lewisburg, TN

#17 Oct 26, 2012
community member wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are considering changing churches, I hope you do not choose mine. Your attitude would be a negative influence to any church.
Donor

Columbia, TN

#18 Oct 26, 2012
It is the community's business when they beg for money for their so called school. If you don't want the community to ask then pay your own bills.
not a member wrote:
LKR seems better

Lewisburg, TN

#19 Oct 26, 2012
not a member wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are considering changing churches, I hope you do not choose mine. Your attitude would be a negative influence to any church.
It seems under the wool, you are a hater. It is what it is. If they didn't have a problem it would not be asked about. Now who started the problem? Trying to protect something?
changers

Lewisburg, TN

#20 Oct 26, 2012
not a member wrote:
I do not think the church has what is considered a membership. Folks just attend. Some weekly, some occasionally but pretty much an open door church. I attended the church. Has anything changed? Why be rude to the poster?
Unreal

Lewisburg, TN

#21 Oct 26, 2012
I would guess that Jesus would say you people are pathetic. Churches, as all groups, have their issues. Go visit them and check out their services and THEN decide if it is your kind of church. No person, no matter what the issue should ever be turned away, but should be welcomed with open arms and love. What kind of Christians are you?? Instead of all this negative chatter, you should be looking for ways to honor Jesus and be inviting. There are those who are not Christians looking in and probably wondering why anyone would want to be a Christian. As Gandhi once said, "I love Christ. Itís just that so many of you Christians are so unlike Christ."
I Love Jesus

Lewisburg, TN

#23 Oct 27, 2012
Unreal wrote:
I would guess that Jesus would say you people are pathetic. Churches, as all groups, have their issues. Go visit them and check out their services and THEN decide if it is your kind of church. No person, no matter what the issue should ever be turned away, but should be welcomed with open arms and love. What kind of Christians are you?? Instead of all this negative chatter, you should be looking for ways to honor Jesus and be inviting. There are those who are not Christians looking in and probably wondering why anyone would want to be a Christian. As Gandhi once said, "I love Christ. Itís just that so many of you Christians are so unlike Christ."
First of all, I love Jesus.
I am not saying this is going on in this paticular church but have seen it in others.
What goes on during services is one thing and in some cases the services are nothing more than a big show for the people.
What goes on behind many church's management curtains is another.
Greed, power and the drive to grow are ugly beast.
Vicki Baker

Franklin, TN

#24 Oct 27, 2012
I Love Jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, I love Jesus.
I am not saying this is going on in this paticular church but have seen it in others.
What goes on during services is one thing and in some cases the services are nothing more than a big show for the people.
What goes on behind many church's management curtains is another.
Greed, power and the drive to grow are ugly beast.

I am not a member of Lifesong, but family members are....Rocky and Mary are two of the most loving, kind and honest people you will ever meet in Lewisburg. Judge not, lest ye be judged.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OMAR Steakhouse 4 hr Big Brother 43
Wanted 8 hr Vintage Audio 1
Fat Girl Smell (Jan '13) 18 hr Go away 63
bethany martin tell me about her??? (Apr '12) Dec 24 bmartin 5
dentisty with love daughter screwing bisexual guy Dec 23 cntrygal 1
Corruption In Tennessee Dec 22 Wondering 84
sara love screwing bisexual guy from west tn!!!! Dec 19 guest 2
Columbia Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web