Review: Ken's Guns And More
only1left

Seymour, TN

#50 Feb 5, 2013
I happened to stop in Kens Gun Shop years ago while looking for a gun and meet Ken and Connie. I bought a gun but at a fraction of the cost everyone else had it listed for. Since then I have purchased several guns,ammo,and tactical gear from them and they both have helped me find items I couldnt anywhere else. Recently they allowed me to purchase items through a layaway program and worked with me on the prices...I could not be happier with my decision to remain a customer with them. I went in the shop to buy a gun but came out with 2 new friends...I could never imagine anyone not enjoying the experience of being treated as a friend rather than a number as you are in every other store. As for the people who run to the forums to bash peoples good name because they had their feelings hurt, or think they are entitled to get something for free, will always lose. Their rhetoric chokes them and deminishes their own character. " The greatest answer to a mean spirited comment is silence...so it can stand naked so that all people can see its ugliness."
Been watching

Lawrenceburg, TN

#51 Feb 5, 2013
Well,if you ask me, I have been keeping track of this Topic and it seems clear to me Ken's Guns is on the up and up. He (they) are a business and like any business they are going to adjust prices to demand. That is what owning your own business is about. If you do it well and take care of your customers, you stay in business for a long time and make money. I'm not sure how long Ken's has been in business but they have been there as long as I can remember. That is a track record to respect. Like any business, you may not always get the deal you hope for, but I am sure there are many others that feel they got more than they paid for.

So if you are reading this post, I will first tell you I have never bought a gun. I am an Army Ranger and I have never felt the need to have a gun. But this is because I feel I have the experience to deal with many situations without that need. If that need ever came, I am sure there will be plenty of guns, so ascertaining one for civil defense will not be a problem.

That said, I am sure if anyone feels the need to buy a gun for self defense, Ken's guns is a good option. He also knows and can direct you to local classes that will train you to handle any weapon and where to go to get practice.

Bottom line, like any business, shop around, get acquainted with the weapon of your choice, learn prices and I am sure Ken will give you a good price based on YOUR research, or buy it somewhere else.
right

Lewisburg, TN

#52 Feb 5, 2013
"wonderful' business people (not) Horrible parents ( definitely) Its a junk store that he uses to store his guns that he takes to gun shows on weekends. I wonder what part of that cost them the most important thing in life. I have found, in my dealings with him, things , guns, ammo, and his junk, are all overpriced and I know more about guns than either of them.
Been watching

Lawrenceburg, TN

#53 Feb 5, 2013
right wrote:
"wonderful' business people (not) Horrible parents ( definitely) Its a junk store that he uses to store his guns that he takes to gun shows on weekends. I wonder what part of that cost them the most important thing in life. I have found, in my dealings with him, things , guns, ammo, and his junk, are all overpriced and I know more about guns than either of them.
Well, as I have a degree in Business and have own my own, I have to ask you, if you are so much more a better business man, why are you not in business? Granted, if he has product of inferior quality, and does such a bad job of running his business, how is he sustaining his existence? Does he have a rich daddy that pads his pockets? How is it he has customers? Sooner or later, any bad business goes under. Why hasn't his? He must do rather well at his gun shows, from the sounds of your statement. If this is true, he must be up against many other gun sellers at the same time, all within walking distance, yet he is still in business. I am confused with your complaint. Is it maybe you just don't like him. You did mention is parenting aspects. Unfortunately, this has nothing to do with his ability to run a business. Some people are great business people and horrible parents and visa versa. You can't really compare the two. So, what's your real bitch?
Customer

Columbia, TN

#54 Feb 5, 2013
This is a great place for someone to slander someone and destroy their business! Even though it may all be false, faceless people can say what they like while hiding. I personally think it best to stop responding to the people that post negative attacks on people and their character so these people will go away before they can cause damage to someone's reputation!
Been watching

Lawrenceburg, TN

#55 Feb 5, 2013
Customer wrote:
This is a great place for someone to slander someone and destroy their business! Even though it may all be false, faceless people can say what they like while hiding. I personally think it best to stop responding to the people that post negative attacks on people and their character so these people will go away before they can cause damage to someone's reputation!
Well, while I agree that this is a great place to slander someone, anyone of good reputation can stand up against that in the real world. Plus, there are those who have posted very positive things about Ken's business on this thread that any real customer is not going to think this is a bad business base on the few obviously slanted/biased remarks. Good luck to Ken's Guns and I hope you take advantage of the good here and do good business.
anyone

Columbia, TN

#56 Feb 6, 2013
Does anyone believe what they read on this site anyway? It's Lewisburg's version of "National Enquirer".
Been watching

Lawrenceburg, TN

#57 Feb 6, 2013
anyone wrote:
Does anyone believe what they read on this site anyway? It's Lewisburg's version of "National Enquirer".
Well, if you process even the average intelligence you can pick out who is BSing and who is not. It's not rocket science.
anyone

Columbia, TN

#58 Feb 6, 2013
Sure. I bet you believe your neighbors gossip too. It's the south after all.
TOO Cool

Lewisburg, TN

#59 Feb 6, 2013
Been watching wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you process even the average intelligence you can pick out who is BSing and who is not. It's not rocket science.
It is a crying shame some people have nothing better to do than tear down our local stores. I for one think Kens shop is cool and wish I had more money because his so-called junk would be mine.
The folks who work there are helpful and easy going. It is true he does have more than guns, maybe that is what the more is and we like it.
The place is always busy and the wife likes to go there too.
We need more places like his but for some reason it just gives jerks reason to talk them down just out of being jerks
The Old Man

Columbia, TN

#60 Feb 10, 2013
I've bought several guns from Ken and was well pleased with the purchase. I've also bought holsters and other odd items. Ken and his wife are both nice and decent people. I truly hate to see anyone slandered falsely like they were on here.
slander

Columbia, TN

#61 Feb 11, 2013
People in this town LIVE for rumors, gossip and slander. The same people will slam someone for having financial problems on unemployment or going through a divorce as easily as they will insult local small business owners who don't kiss their a$$ the way they think they deserve. As long as the result is someone appearing "less than" themselves, everything seems to be fair game. Usually goes both ways I have noticed.
si

Tucker, GA

#62 Feb 14, 2013
Old Timer...a gunsmith Ken is not...lol
KENS GUNS

Lewisburg, TN

#63 Feb 14, 2013
si wrote:
Old Timer...a gunsmith Ken is not...lol
That is right, I am not a gunsmith and never claimed to be. But somehow over the years I managed to help fix dozens of guns for our local customers and never charged a penny. What is your problem and what is the reason for all the negative comments from you?
his friend RM

Lewisburg, TN

#64 Feb 15, 2013
KENS GUNS wrote:
<quoted text>
That is right, I am not a gunsmith and never claimed to be. But somehow over the years I managed to help fix dozens of guns for our local customers and never charged a penny. What is your problem and what is the reason for all the negative comments from you?
Y'all need to get off Ken. He is a good businessman and does treat his customers right. Have bought two guns from him and will buy my shotgun from him this summer. He has been nothing but helpful to me and I think that is how he treats everyone. If you don't like his service go somewhere else or maybe the OP that started and continues to downgrade Ken is his competition and thinks that slander will get him more business. It won't work and leave Ken alone. Your friend RM.
Another friend TW

Lawrenceburg, TN

#65 Feb 15, 2013
his friend RM wrote:
<quoted text>
Y'all need to get off Ken. He is a good businessman and does treat his customers right. Have bought two guns from him and will buy my shotgun from him this summer. He has been nothing but helpful to me and I think that is how he treats everyone. If you don't like his service go somewhere else or maybe the OP that started and continues to downgrade Ken is his competition and thinks that slander will get him more business. It won't work and leave Ken alone. Your friend RM.
Also a customer and a more so a friend.
Seems like one or two individuals on topics have sad lives and have nothing better to do than to try to tear down Ken and his wife Connie.
Little do they know they are making fools of themselves.
Anyone who knows these folks and do business with them know
what negative is said is total B/S.
TW
happy customer

Shelbyville, TN

#66 Feb 15, 2013
I was told about Ken 4 years ago. He seems to always find the guns I am looking for. I have never had him GOUGE prices!!!! He has found me 3 hard to find firearms in the last year. Eventhough I was able to find them at other retailers, I was not willing to pay super high prices because of the current market. On every firearm, Ken charged me a fair price (FYI, I know what FFL cost is so I know if I'm being gouged). I have sent several friends and family to do business with him. Give them a try and you'll be happy!!
si

Tucker, GA

#67 Feb 15, 2013
KENS GUNS wrote:
<quoted text>That is right, I am not a gunsmith and never claimed to be. But somehow over the years I managed to help fix dozens of guns for our local customers and never charged a penny. What is your problem and what is the reason for all the negative comments from you?
You have a problem with me because I said you weren't a gunsmith? Wow!
Jason

Antioch, TN

#68 Apr 8, 2013
Went to Bill Goodmans gun show in Nashville this weekend looking for a Glock 30sf. I brought along my XDM 45 to sell privately at the gun show in case I found the 30sf at a price I was willing to pay. So I come across a G30sf at Ken's booth, price on the box was $590 but the sticker on the gun said $550. I was comfortable paying $550, so I asked the gentleman at the booth if he would take $550, he looked and said yes, I asked again to make sure, again he said yes. So I found someone to buy my XDM, sold it and went back to Ken's booth to purchase the G30sf, again asking if $550 was the price, yes he said. So I do the paperwork & background, the lady said the gun is $590, I told her about what the guy said, she went and spoke with him and came back saying no the gun is $590. I told her I would not have sold my gun if I could not purchase the G30sf for $550, they would not budge, so I went to another dealer who had the same gun for $10 more and gave them my business.
happpy buyer

Lawrenceburg, TN

#69 Apr 8, 2013
Jason wrote:
Went to Bill Goodmans gun show in Nashville this weekend looking for a Glock 30sf. I brought along my XDM 45 to sell privately at the gun show in case I found the 30sf at a price I was willing to pay. So I come across a G30sf at Ken's booth, price on the box was $590 but the sticker on the gun said $550. I was comfortable paying $550, so I asked the gentleman at the booth if he would take $550, he looked and said yes, I asked again to make sure, again he said yes. So I found someone to buy my XDM, sold it and went back to Ken's booth to purchase the G30sf, again asking if $550 was the price, yes he said. So I do the paperwork & background, the lady said the gun is $590, I told her about what the guy said, she went and spoke with him and came back saying no the gun is $590. I told her I would not have sold my gun if I could not purchase the G30sf for $550, they would not budge, so I went to another dealer who had the same gun for $10 more and gave them my business.
I was at the same show and did bussiness with them in the past. We bought a lot of firearms at that paticular show and several from Kens booth over the years. The entire crew has been nothing but good to us.

If you had a problem with them, you may just have a problem with life. The dealer you speak of has some of is fair and has good guns at good prices and I am sure he sold it to someone else who appreciates them. If you ask me, you dont think they or any other dealer will miss a person like you. You dont sound that smart either, paying more, you sure taught the gun bussiness a lesson, didnt you? If you are that angry at someone who had the guns $10 cheaper, should you be really buying guns? Sorry, I just hate people wanting something for nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wat about bill haywood (Sep '10) Tue Just Saying 40
Who is gregoty w fotsythe Mon Isles 1
help! Someone stole an AC unit off my front por... (Jul '15) Mon Isles 2
OMAR Steakhouse (Nov '14) Jan 15 Critic 86
You need this (Mar '15) Jan 14 Happiness 3
Your take on ..... (Oct '07) Jan 14 Left 4
Marshall County Bookings and Mugshots (Nov '15) Jan 14 Left 15

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance