Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

Judged:

Does anyone know if they are building at a new location and if they have church more than just on Sundays and Wednesdays? Day time services during the week would be nice.
Beware of the darkness

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

Judged:

You do realize that within the Christian religion Jehovah's Witnesses are considered a cult and a false religion? Like all non-Christian cults, the Jehovah's Witness organization distorts the essential doctrines of Christianity. It denies the deity of Christ, His physical resurrection, and salvation by grace. This alone makes it non-Christian.

Since it's inception, it has made many false claims, caused many to needlessly commit suicide, been a major disruption of family ties, and on and on. This is a very evil dark cult. Anyone with any sense who opens their mind to the truth will see this. Beware of the darkness!
scuttlebutt

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

Judged:

someone said near Walmart
interested

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

trying to find where the Kingdom Hall is in this area. Looking forward to learning more of the truth.
King fish

Lawrenceburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

interested wrote:
trying to find where the Kingdom Hall is in this area. Looking forward to learning more of the truth.
another free advertising..........
Hmmmm

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

interested wrote:
This is a troll. No need to feed it. Jesus will feed it later.
knovakain

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

the new hall is on war eagle st.
Hmmmm

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2013

Jehovah's Witnesses is not Christian. Like all non-Christian cults, the Jehovah's Witness organization distorts the essential doctrines of Christianity. It denies the deity of Christ, His physical resurrection, and salvation by grace. This alone makes it non-Christian. To support its erring doctrines, the Watchtower organization (which is the author and teacher of all official Jehovah's Witness theology), has even altered the Bible to make it agree with its changing and non-Christian teachings.
just a askin

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Hmmmm wrote:
Jehovah's Witnesses is not Christian. Like all non-Christian cults, the Jehovah's Witness organization distorts the essential doctrines of Christianity. It denies the deity of Christ, His physical resurrection, and salvation by grace. This alone makes it non-Christian. To support its erring doctrines, the Watchtower organization (which is the author and teacher of all official Jehovah's Witness theology), has even altered the Bible to make it agree with its changing and non-Christian teachings.
They all seem like responsible, educated and fine family people. Can't be all that bad, are they? I do not know enough about them and the internet says what they want you to hear. Anyone know the real truth or anything else positive about the group?
Hmmmm

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

just a askin wrote:
<quoted text>
They all seem like responsible, educated and fine family people. Can't be all that bad, are they? I do not know enough about them and the internet says what they want you to hear. Anyone know the real truth or anything else positive about the group?
I have pagan friends, Wiccan friends too who are witches. They also are responsible, educated and fine family people. Being responsible, educated and having a fine family is not religious oriented. It is moral/intelligence directed.

As for what is on the Internet, obtaining accurate information on the Internet is no different than how you do it with live people. You check and cross reference with other sources. You go to what is known to be replicable sites (sites that have been rated to be on the up and up). Once you look and read several different Internet sites on any subject it is not hard at all to figure out the truth.

Go Google "are Jehovah's witnesses a Christian cult?" and look at several of the sites. Check them out on Wikipedia and be sure to look at the Criticism section.

Just simply not following mainstream Christianity is what makes the group non-Christian. The bible is very clear to those who read the WHOLE book and has been since the beginning. Suddenly, groups like these pop up 1,880 years later and change it. 1,880 years later and now they have all the answers? They rewrote their own bible and will refuse to use any other, not even the King James. They have a very sketchy past including well known outright lies and dishonest ways. They made predictions of when the end was coming, and not only once and not only were they wrong, they caused the suffering of hundreds of thousands because of their ways. They also don't believe in blood transfusions which has caused a lot of unnecessary death. The list goes on and on.
Mae

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

People meet for many reasons.

I don't understand why they wouldn't give BLOOD to help another human being have a chance for extended life.

I don't understand the not celebrating of birthdays.
When you grow up no matter the rough times, those birthdays were your special day.(My special day (61) tomorrow and my husband's special day (70) is the day after.)
Hmmmm

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Mae wrote:
People meet for many reasons.
I don't understand why they wouldn't give BLOOD to help another human being have a chance for extended life.
I don't understand the not celebrating of birthdays.
When you grow up no matter the rough times, those birthdays were your special day.(My special day (61) tomorrow and my husband's special day (70) is the day after.)
Because they are brainwashed, because they are slow minded, because they don't think for themselves, because they are not allowed to question church authority... the list is endless. All cults are the same way.
Open Eyes

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Jehovah's Witnesses believe that celebrating holidays is wrong. Why? Because they believe that most holidays fall into one of three categories. All three are wrong according to the Witnesses. These three categories are false religious holidays, political holidays, and holidays that honor anyone or any human organization other than God.

If you look back before Christ, the Jews have mixed emotions concerning birthday celebrations. They do have a ritual for boys who turn 13 called the bar mitzvah so they did keep track of age. Some say that because of the negative connotation surrounding the Egyptian Pharaoh's birthday in Genesis 40:20 that birthday celebrations are frowned upon, but this is not so today. There are many Jewish websites concerning how to celebrate one's birth.

Still, there is nothing in the bible that discourages it or even notes it within the Laws. So any person or group discouraging it does so by their own inhibitions, not God's.
curt denton

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

just a askin wrote:
<quoted text>
Most are somewhat dim witted...I mean you must be to believe some of their myths. I find them hilarious, but it is sad they are blind to the truth and going to He11.
Mae

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

I disagree in saying they are going to hell.
God loves them and He is still in charge.
When He gives you a lesson, you will learn.
God did not create man to fail.
He knows the hearts of some are misleading his children. The Holy Spirit is working and just pray for every person on this planet because we are His.
Open Eyes

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

curt denton wrote:
<quoted text>
Most are somewhat dim witted...I mean you must be to believe some of their myths. I find them hilarious, but it is sad they are blind to the truth and going to He11.
Going to hell? How do you know this? Have you already judged them? Isn't that for God to decide? Have you taken up his job? I believe that Jesus said that that kind of judging in not for you to decide. Or don't your read your bible? As Christians, we can judge another Christian as to how they are living, but to decide who goes to hell and who goes to Paradise is just not within our realm to decide. You need to study more and get better acquainted with your God.
Mae

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

"they were the first Christian denomination banned in the Third Reich and the most extensively and intensively persecuted"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_J... 's_Witnesses_in_Nazi_Germany

These Christians are to be remembered.
Do some research

Clover, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Mae wrote:
"they were the first Christian denomination banned in the Third Reich and the most extensively and intensively persecuted"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_J... 's_Witnesses_in_Nazi_Germany
These Christians are to be remembered.
The are NOT Christians! They are false believers! What is the matter with you Mae? Do you not know your own religion enough? I am beginning to see why they treat you the way they do.
Mae

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

Are you implying they are not Christians because of what exactly?
I read where they didn't believe Jesus was God in the flesh.
Some Christians believe but not in a Trinity.

If you believe the posters for everything they post, then you are just like me.
Mae

Lewisburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2013

I am a Christian who has been a member of both the Methodist and Baptist in my (hours away of 61 years of) life.

I have ventured into different religions and no religions but that was meant to be and actually it was fun and games. It wasn't serious, at all. That's why it makes me smile about it. I light a candle in the early morning and before I go to bed. It is part of my meditation time.

Would you rather I post about my day to day health care routines with my husband? I have serious time and will find ways to have fun.

Good night.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of21
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbia Discussions

Search the Columbia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 4 min lol 123,641
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) 50 min mayorofavondale 58,316
2014 Marshall County Elections 1 hr Moore 68
M.A.C. where'd you go???? 2 hr just me 3
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 4 hr Choice 8,459
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 5 hr Wassssup 8,503
Marshall co commissioner arrested 6 hr Tn voter 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbia Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE