First Prev
of 2
Next Last
I love my wife

United States

#1 Apr 14, 2013
Why do marriages fail? Because mothers put their children first instead of their husbands. I have also seen so many sexless marriages where men leave and women wonder why? Sex isn't everything in a marriage but it's very important. I know women who completely cut their husbands off after marriage and then wonder why they look at nudie pics online or God forbid find sex outside their marriage. Most of the time when men cheat it's because they have been denied for so long they can't deal with it. Divorce is a horrible thing and it really screws kids up. I'm just tired of the guys always getting the blame. I've been happily married for many years and have seen the selfishness in marriages among my friends. Men also need to be leaders and take control of their house. Too many men have fallen victim to feminism. Step up fellas!
Boooohoooo cry me a river

Bowling Green, KY

#2 Apr 14, 2013
I love my wife wrote:
Why do marriages fail? Because mothers put their children first instead of their husbands. I have also seen so many sexless marriages where men leave and women wonder why? Sex isn't everything in a marriage but it's very important. I know women who completely cut their husbands off after marriage and then wonder why they look at nudie pics online or God forbid find sex outside their marriage. Most of the time when men cheat it's because they have been denied for so long they can't deal with it. Divorce is a horrible thing and it really screws kids up. I'm just tired of the guys always getting the blame. I've been happily married for many years and have seen the selfishness in marriages among my friends. Men also need to be leaders and take control of their house. Too many men have fallen victim to feminism. Step up fellas!
Staying in an unhappy marriage screws kids up as well. I know from experience.
Not telling

United States

#3 Apr 14, 2013
My sister is like this. She always put her children first over her husband no matter what. He is a nice looking man and I tell her if she doesn't start paying him attention then someone else will. She's more worried about buying shoes while he's at work. She brags and jokes about being in control of sex. I really love my sister but he deserves better. I thank God for my marriage.
Unfit Spouse

United States

#4 Apr 14, 2013
Boooohoooo cry me a river wrote:
<quoted text>
Staying in an unhappy marriage screws kids up as well. I know from experience.
You're probably just self centered and don't deserve the benefits of a love filled marriage. It's just easier to bail out right? Produce kids and destroy the family unit. You sound like a real prize.
Boooohoooo cry me a river

Bowling Green, KY

#5 Apr 14, 2013
Unfit Spouse wrote:
<quoted text>
You're probably just self centered and don't deserve the benefits of a love filled marriage. It's just easier to bail out right? Produce kids and destroy the family unit. You sound like a real prize.
No i put in my 20 years of hell and had no idea that the kids seen that unhappiness when my self centered assss didn't think they did.
Have you ever had a 18 year old look at you and say mom why did you stay all those years being unhappy, she said she used to cry in her room alone when she could sense my unhappiness because she thought i wasn't happy because of her, but in reality i stayed for her, to try to keep her in a home raised with both parents. If i had known she was so upset all those times she hid her feelings as a child, maybe things would have been different and i could have left sooner. All i did was put off the inevitable.
Tea for two

Lewisburg, TN

#6 Apr 14, 2013
It takes two people to be in a relationship. When one of them decides the relationship is no longer being worked on by both people, together, it begins to fails. And unless they BOTH want to save it, it WILL fail. Look at the long standing marriages where BOTH are happy all the way to the end. They BOTH worked on the relationship and did so out of love for each other.

When new couples come together, they do so for many reasons and not always love. Someone wanted a baby, or someone wanted out of the parents control, or someone feels like it'll never happen if they don't just accept less or on and on... Someone wanted something for themselves, NOT two people wanting to be together because they fell in love. Those are the relationships that are at high risk for failure.

Then there comes obligations, the feeling I must remain in the bad relationship for the children. Or the selfishness, I want things my way or else. None of these things can be found in that love marriage that lasts 60 years. They wanted for each other. They both sacrificed for each other. They did things for each other, not themselves. BEFORE you get married, ask yourselves WHY are you getting married. If it is for any other reason than because you just can't get enough of each other, if there is even a hint it is because one or the other is using it as a stepping stone, it will probably end badly.

Don't ignore red flags. Red flags are anything you don't care for in the other person. Be honest with yourself. The more red flags the lower the chance the relationship will work. Don't lie to yourself thinking you can overlook them, you won't forever. And where there are red flags you see, there are red flags they are hiding that will be found later. Be picky. Be very picky.

Am I married? Yup. We are like two peas in a pod, we are so alike it is uncanny. We love to be around each other all the time. We love to cuddle, hold hands and be goofy. I was married before this one to someone who decided drugs and lies were more important than us. There were a ton of red flags I ignored before we married. It was my fault for allowing it to happen. Think before you leap!
mythoughtis

Boiling Springs, SC

#7 Apr 18, 2013
Marriages fail because:
1. Men don't like to keep one P***y, wanna go out find what they think is better but in the end realize it wasn't no good. Only for the moment!
2. Because Men love their beer and alcohol more than their wives.
3. Because Men can't keep their damn hands off women......
4. Because Men can't stop trying to be Daddy instead of Husband.
5. Because Men want to be pedophiles and mess with little young teen girls and forget about their GROWN ASS wife that loves him. Etc
I could go on but I won't.

1. Women wanna be whores and find more and more dick other than their husbands.
2. Women see a man with material stuff and she feels the need to be a gold digger.
3. Women think just cause there is a problem in their marriage , she can go get 'Cuddled' else where.
4. Women just abuse their bodies and one man gives a compliment and her trap opens!

The reasons marriages fail is cause no one wants to put the required time and effort into the person they commited theirselves to til death. They wanna be stuck on the ' I'm not in love vs I just love you' Men & women are guilty of leaving their spouses for something new that's gonna end up just like their 10 yr marriage was prior. It boils down to, people can't keep their passion for the one they love. Cause their to busy trying to find other places to put their. Passion. This is my opinion. Men who have wives going to bars without their wives and vice versa. That's just asking for trouble, if you put the choices & options in your relationships then its going to happen.

I'm not married but I do got a boyfriend that I love to the core.
1. We do not go to bars seperate and if we do go to one we are together .
2. We do not have a circle of single friends that's female and male. We have a few select friends that was ours before one another & its long time friends that we know is safe.
3. We do not fight til it becomes a walk away issue, we talk thru our problems, and sometimes that's entitled us staying up all night talking til a issue is fixed.
4. We realized since day 1, that there was a possibility we could fall in love, and asked one another if we was willing to work thru anything.
5. We promised to always be there for one another and to not take things lightly.

We love one another, and we are not threatened of a break up or cheating. We do not watch crazy stuff on tv. We don't put lust in our lives. Its not needed so we don't do it. We got one another.

You got to be willing to put forth that effort to love and keep someone.
Fail? Don't fail. Beat the odds. Always ask yourself, why did we fall in love in the first place. Instead of ending something that was great and can be great again, and going for a new person, try to renew what you already got.
really folks

Pigeon Forge, TN

#8 Apr 18, 2013
Keep em satisfied at home you ain't got to worry about em when they are gone.
I agree

Smyrna, TN

#9 Apr 18, 2013
Your second sentence sums it all up perfectly
Tea for two wrote:
It takes two people to be in a relationship. When one of them decides the relationship is no longer being worked on by both people, together, it begins to fails. And unless they BOTH want to save it, it WILL fail. Look at the long standing marriages where BOTH are happy all the way to the end. They BOTH worked on the relationship and did so out of love for each other.
When new couples come together, they do so for many reasons and not always love. Someone wanted a baby, or someone wanted out of the parents control, or someone feels like it'll never happen if they don't just accept less or on and on... Someone wanted something for themselves, NOT two people wanting to be together because they fell in love. Those are the relationships that are at high risk for failure.
Then there comes obligations, the feeling I must remain in the bad relationship for the children. Or the selfishness, I want things my way or else. None of these things can be found in that love marriage that lasts 60 years. They wanted for each other. They both sacrificed for each other. They did things for each other, not themselves. BEFORE you get married, ask yourselves WHY are you getting married. If it is for any other reason than because you just can't get enough of each other, if there is even a hint it is because one or the other is using it as a stepping stone, it will probably end badly.
Don't ignore red flags. Red flags are anything you don't care for in the other person. Be honest with yourself. The more red flags the lower the chance the relationship will work. Don't lie to yourself thinking you can overlook them, you won't forever. And where there are red flags you see, there are red flags they are hiding that will be found later. Be picky. Be very picky.
Am I married? Yup. We are like two peas in a pod, we are so alike it is uncanny. We love to be around each other all the time. We love to cuddle, hold hands and be goofy. I was married before this one to someone who decided drugs and lies were more important than us. There were a ton of red flags I ignored before we married. It was my fault for allowing it to happen. Think before you leap!
Inadequate

United States

#10 Apr 20, 2013
really folks wrote:
Keep em satisfied at home you ain't got to worry about em when they are gone.
I have a tiny penis of 6 1/2 inches. My wife works as a nurse and sees big thick members all day. She insults me all of the time.

How can I please my wife?

She said real men are at least 8 inches and bigger. She has asked for a divorce because I am not worth much in the bedroom. Now I am very depressed and started seeing a mental health doctor. I wish my member was bigger but I cannot control that. I'm sorry I am a poor excuse of a man.
really

Columbia, TN

#11 Apr 20, 2013
Any parent who does not put their child first shouldn't be a parent. I would never ever be with anyone who did not put their children first.
Men are so damn selfish these days. If they don't like it then divorce. If you don't value your women to understand her then don't be with her, she deserves better. You can co-parent from different houses and it's much better for the kids. No woman needs to be with someone who thinks they should be king and be put before everyone.
Christian Marriages

United States

#12 Apr 21, 2013
really wrote:
Any parent who does not put their child first shouldn't be a parent. I would never ever be with anyone who did not put their children first.
Men are so damn selfish these days. If they don't like it then divorce. If you don't value your women to understand her then don't be with her, she deserves better. You can co-parent from different houses and it's much better for the kids. No woman needs to be with someone who thinks they should be king and be put before everyone.
Horrible advice! A solid family is making one's spouse a top priority after God! If your whole marriage is based around your children and their schedule then don't expect a very long marriage or a happy one.
God First

United States

#13 Apr 21, 2013
really wrote:
Sounds like you haven't a clue what a biblical marriage means.
God is a lie

Lewisburg, TN

#14 Apr 21, 2013
brainwashing is cruel. You lie to your kids about Santa, Easter bunny, Tooth fairy but expect them to believe god. Its just another lie. brought to you by those who would control you. the key to strong marriage varies from people to people. Having the same ideas of good life and what is important to build that life and willingness to share the work to get there is what makes a strong marriage. You 'god is everything' people are hilarious!!
What you dont know

Lewisburg, TN

#15 Apr 21, 2013
God is a lie wrote:
brainwashing is cruel. You lie to your kids about Santa, Easter bunny, Tooth fairy but expect them to believe god. Its just another lie. brought to you by those who would control you. the key to strong marriage varies from people to people. Having the same ideas of good life and what is important to build that life and willingness to share the work to get there is what makes a strong marriage. You 'god is everything' people are hilarious!!
What you don't know can hurt you. Those first three: Santa, Easter bunny, Tooth fairy are well known as being fictitious. No adult in the world believes that any of those three really exist. So, to compare that to the Christian Creator (real or not), which billions of adults DO believe in, is ludicrous at best. If that is how you reason with life, you are a pretty screwed up person. Funny how your next statement, "Having the same ideas of good life and what is important to build that life and willingness to share the work to get there is what makes a strong marriage" would include those very couples who both believe in their God the same way. See? That is how screwed up in the head you are. You are unable to allow others the right to believe in a Creator. That is your pitfall. And that sort of thinking includes other thinking just like it, which makes you a poor candidate to make a marriage work. You are self-serving and full of yourself, full of self-pride. You can't hide who you are because you wear it on your sleeve for the world to see.
God is Good

Lewisburg, TN

#16 Apr 21, 2013
God is a lie wrote:
You will be thankful to learn God is a forgiving God and those who he will forgive amongst all others will be the ignorant. If you don't believe in God, that is all right with me and others but please do not go out of your way to spread your ugly thoughts to our young who's young mind are all absorbing. You sound like a liberal which group dominates the democratic party. I wish those who belong to that party would clean up and police themselves unless they do not support God, which has people wondering.
really

Columbia, TN

#17 Apr 21, 2013
I am not religious. I don't force my beliefs on anyone and I don't like them forced on me. I am a good law abiding citizen. I work, pay my taxes, am loyal to the person i'm with, love my children, give them all of what the need and a little of what they want. I try to teach them good values and to be kind to others, and think of others before themselves, and everyone is entitled to their options but they do not have to share that opinion. We do a lot of charity work for children and animals in need. "Do to others as you would have them do to you" That does not have to be only about the bible. You can live with that value without being religious.

My mother was in an abusive marriage where she stayed way to long. We were all abused. We were all unhappy. I don't want my children to ever experience that. We felt the tension as children, the fear. I don't believe anyone should live unhappy. I believe in trying to work things out but in the end sometimes splitting up is best for everyone. If you are truly unhappy in a relationship your children will know and it will effect them.

Children are a priority, and I would never be with anyone who felt otherwise. Their needs should always come before your own.
Drop the wall

Lewisburg, TN

#18 Apr 21, 2013
really wrote:
I am not religious. I don't force my beliefs on anyone and I don't like them forced on me. I am a good law abiding citizen. I work, pay my taxes, am loyal to the person i'm with, love my children, give them all of what the need and a little of what they want. I try to teach them good values and to be kind to others, and think of others before themselves, and everyone is entitled to their options but they do not have to share that opinion. We do a lot of charity work for children and animals in need. "Do to others as you would have them do to you" That does not have to be only about the bible. You can live with that value without being religious.
My mother was in an abusive marriage where she stayed way to long. We were all abused. We were all unhappy. I don't want my children to ever experience that. We felt the tension as children, the fear. I don't believe anyone should live unhappy. I believe in trying to work things out but in the end sometimes splitting up is best for everyone. If you are truly unhappy in a relationship your children will know and it will effect them.
Children are a priority, and I would never be with anyone who felt otherwise. Their needs should always come before your own.
You stated two opinions here, one being your thoughts of marriage and the other of forced religion.(No one is forcing religion on you.) Many have opinions on movies, music, cars, on and on just as on marriage.(No one is forcing those opinions on you.) In one breath you say, "everyone is entitled to their options but they do not have to share that opinion" and yet you did exactly that. A bit hypocritical wouldn't you say? Why not just allow those with religious marriage opinions be as free as those without? You can still live with your own opinions and teach your children the same. And yet, when they become adults, they are going to make their own decisions, just as you did. I am very religious, yet two of my children are not at all. I still respect them and love them no different than the child that believes. Respect is key, both in marriage as in life in general.

btw... marriage and family are two different groups. One contains two people and the other many. The children's "needs" absolutely need to be a priority as a family. But in a marriage of two (with a family), both need to remember and attend to the needs of the marriage which is also an important need to the family. It is a balancing act, but both groups have their own needs in order to be productive.
God is a lie

Lewisburg, TN

#19 Apr 21, 2013
What you dont know wrote:
<quoted text>
What you don't know can hurt you. Those first three: Santa, Easter bunny, Tooth fairy are well known as being fictitious. No adult in the world believes that any of those three really exist. So, to compare that to the Christian Creator (real or not), which billions of adults DO believe in, is ludicrous at best. If that is how you reason with life, you are a pretty screwed up person. Funny how your next statement, "Having the same ideas of good life and what is important to build that life and willingness to share the work to get there is what makes a strong marriage" would include those very couples who both believe in their God the same way. See? That is how screwed up in the head you are. You are unable to allow others the right to believe in a Creator. That is your pitfall. And that sort of thinking includes other thinking just like it, which makes you a poor candidate to make a marriage work. You are self-serving and full of yourself, full of self-pride. You can't hide who you are because you wear it on your sleeve for the world to see.
first of all I said you lie to KIDS about those. Then lie to kids about god or they think that because all the lies you have already told them. I don't care if you believe in god, would you deny my right to NOT believe?? it seems that is what you said. You believe what you wish, I don't think god is necessary for anything. That is my right and my successful marriage doesn't include anything about god. We believe the same things are important in our lives. telling the truth, being charitable, working toward same goals for our lives. Not everyone has to believe in heaven and hell to be good people and not all of us need to believe that god is our creator. Actually, I believe man created god for his own self serving reasons. have a nice day!!
God is a lie

Lewisburg, TN

#20 Apr 21, 2013
God is Good wrote:
<quoted text>
You will be thankful to learn God is a forgiving God and those who he will forgive amongst all others will be the ignorant. If you don't believe in God, that is all right with me and others but please do not go out of your way to spread your ugly thoughts to our young who's young mind are all absorbing. You sound like a liberal which group dominates the democratic party. I wish those who belong to that party would clean up and police themselves unless they do not support God, which has people wondering.
I would prefer you not fill our young ones heads with lies about a god. But you think that is fine but me saying it isn't true is wrong? Have your faith or whatever but quit trying to push it on others. Poor kids that get brainwashed into that crap. I feel so sorry for them.You should at least let them grow and learn the world and make the decision of whether god exists on their own. But no, you have to drill their little heads full of crap and leave them brainwashed or confused when it just doesn't make sense when they are old enough to observe the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RIP Todd 24 min nonews 4
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 43 min WTSenior 150,211
New Sheriff 11 hr family friend 12
lewisburg females 13 hr fubu 1
Luna Vapor 13 hr Rocket for Life 5
Scotland will be a part of England 20 hr Geo lesson 2
Benefit for the Bobo family 20 hr mamasita 1
•••
•••

Columbia Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Columbia People Search