If you REALLY knew your neighbors, yo...

If you REALLY knew your neighbors, you would be disgusted

Posted in the Columbia Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Fed Up With The BS

Murfreesboro, TN

#1 Jul 24, 2013
You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.– Exodus 20:16

Lying distorts reality. We give a false testimony, or tell a lie about something or someone, to change a person’s perception. It may be an opinion of yourself or someone else. Either way, quite trying to be “God” in the situation. We are actually taking control over another person’s mind and emotions when we tell lies. Lying is an offense to God because he has commanded that we have no other gods before him—including us! If we believe and trust God to love and care for us in all things, we never have to lie to try and manipulate the circumstances. We only lie because we do not believe God is big enough to handle a given situation, so we take control of people and things with our words. We act like we are God in the situation. Trust that God is ‘large and in charge’ of everything in your life. Allow him to be your defender and you will no longer need to lie.

So, once and for all, tell the truth. That little girl is not yours and she never will be. You did not give birth to her or her mother like everyone in town was made to believe. You have been scheming, manipulating and lying to whomever you can to take that little girl away from her family and keep her for yourself. This has been going on since you found out her mother was pregnant with a daughter. You even went so far as to con the mother into having you adopt her as an adult and get her to sign an illegal temporary guardianship paper to get possession of this child. Poor young lady played right into your hands. You had to be drug into court once already for withholding this child from her family and once again, using your connections with the system, you gain access to confidential information and with the help of friends, you manage to take her away from her family. You have this child calling you Mommy and Daddy when you are NOTHING to her. You do realize that once this child discovers the truth, she is going to have nothing but contempt for you. You can't shelter her with lies forever.
Fed Up With The BS

Murfreesboro, TN

#2 Jul 24, 2013
“You shall not commit adultery.
– Exodus 20:14 (NIV)

This is another one of the 10 Commandments that Jesus taught on. No longer could we keep this command by simply abstaining from sleeping with another person’s spouse. Jesus revealed that our hearts commit adultery if we even lust after someone sexually (Matthew 5:28). God instituted marriage as a display of his glory. When a man and a woman submit themselves humbly before God in marriage, the world gets a picture of how God really is. Again, if we live in obedience to the first commandment of keeping God alone as God, we would want to have the same heart toward others as he does. We break both commandments when we see someone merely as an object to be used for our own pleasure. That is playing God and not relating to others in the way that he intended. Taking someone (another persons spouse) physically, sexually or in our hearts is actually stealing from God. He gives marriage to couples as a gift and display of his glory. Keeping God first in our life protects us from adultery.

Even exposing yourself to and trying to seduce men that are not your husband qualifies. Did you think that wasn't brought up in conversation around town? Disgusting.
Fed Up With The BS

Murfreesboro, TN

#3 Jul 24, 2013
“You shall not murder.
– Exodus 20:13 (NIV)

When we read this 6th Commandment,‘you shall not murder’, we all sigh a breath of relief,“At least I’m keeping this command!” But remember, Jesus really raised the bar on this when he taught that if we have hate or hard hearts toward another person it is the same as if we murdered them. Ouch. Now we’re not doing as well. Murder, either physical or via our hearts, is a big deal to God because it infringes on his rule and reign. He created all people and relationship, and he alone has control over our lives. If we keep the first command to have no other god before God, then we can never place our self in the position to take a life. Murder happens because someone wants to change a situation to his or her liking by removing another person-either physically or by rejecting them. That is playing God.

Pay very close attention to last two lines....Murder happens because someone wants to change a situation to his or her liking by removing another person-either physically or by rejecting them. That is playing God.

Wow!! That's three commandments now that you have disobeyed. And you consider yourself a Christian?
Open eyes

Columbia, TN

#5 Jul 24, 2013
Jesus also said if you don't forgive them, God will not forgive you. Matthew 6:15
Fed Up With The BS

Murfreesboro, TN

#6 Jul 25, 2013
“You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.”
– Exodus 20:17 (NIV)

The word covet does not come up in everyday language much. But it certainly is a part of everyday life! The definition for coveting is: to desire wrongfully, inordinately, or without due regard for the rights of others. Behind this is a heart of ingratitude, selfishness and a belief that God has somehow withheld something from us.“I sure wish I had one of those… or,“why isn’t my spouse more like them…or,“why do I have to stay in this job…?” Wanting what we don’t have displays that we are not satisfied with God’s provision in our life.“I deserve better than this!” And,“I know what I need better than God does.” When we believe that God is infinitely good, and we remember that he alone is sovereign, we can set all coveting aside. Another way of translating this command would be,“Be satisfied with what your generous God has given you!”

By the way....this also pertains to coveting another person's child. Wow, this week's messages are so enlightening. Who would've though that so many of the 10 Commandments could have applied to one situation?
Fed Up With The BS

Murfreesboro, TN

#7 Jul 25, 2013
Open eyes wrote:
Jesus also said if you don't forgive them, God will not forgive you. Matthew 6:15
Who said this has anything to do with forgiveness? The ignorance and blindness to such dispicable behavior by the general public is astonishing. We have been desensitized to the demoralization of America so this is apparently no big deal to you. It IS just so amazing how it goes so well against the laws that God our Father bestowed upon us.
Open eyes

Columbia, TN

#8 Jul 25, 2013
Fed Up With The BS wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said this has anything to do with forgiveness? The ignorance and blindness to such dispicable behavior by the general public is astonishing. We have been desensitized to the demoralization of America so this is apparently no big deal to you. It IS just so amazing how it goes so well against the laws that God our Father bestowed upon us.
No, I understand your frustration at the situation and yes, the world, including the United States has grown colder. All these Laws you have been posting are for Jews first and then Christians. Christian is the key word here. Although I abhor anyone who has lack of compassion and morals, to expect the world to follow these Laws is a little bit unrealistic.(True Christians are not held to the Laws as Jews are since Jesus became our High Priest). I only say this because most of the world does not consist of "true Christians" or faithful Jews. Yes, I would expect Christians (and Jews) to lead a more holy lifestyle, the fact of the matter is many don't. I don't know the details of your situation, I only know what you have said. There are two sides to every coin. I would suspect if this person has done things underhanded as you say, I would also suspect he is not a "true Christian", so expecting them to adhere to God's guidance is probably expecting too much. Instead, perhaps you can concentrate on learning the laws that govern this situation and find ways to use them to your advantage.
Fed Up With The BS

Murfreesboro, TN

#9 Jul 25, 2013
The only frustration to be had is bearing witness to the effect on many by the actions of several. It makes no difference as to who the Commandments were administered to first. The fact is that they are spritual laws that we are to follow in order to lead a moral life; not words of advice as some seem to interpret them. The one statement you did nail on the head is that you suspect these people are not "true Christians". "He who says 'I know Him', and doesn't keep His commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him" - 1 John 2:4. They will need forgiveness for their transgressions, not only from those being hurt (I cannot fathom how difficult a feat that will be), but also from God if they hope to pass through Heaven's gate.
Open Eyes

Columbia, TN

#10 Jul 25, 2013
The only frustration to be had is bearing witness to the effect on many by the actions of several. It makes no difference as to who the Commandments were administered to first. The fact is that they are spritual laws that we are to follow in order to lead a moral life; not words of advice as some seem to interpret them. The one statement you did nail on the head is that you suspect these people are not "true Christians". "He who says 'I know Him', and doesn't keep His commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him" - 1 John 2:4. They will need forgiveness for their transgressions, not only from those being hurt (I cannot fathom how difficult a feat that will be), but also from God if they hope to pass through Heaven's gate.
This is all true. But you must also remember our relationship with God is between only us and God. I am sorry you must witness those things which upset you, but God will sort it out in the end. The best thing for you to do is to continue living a righteous life and keep a cool head about yourself so you can always be in a good position to make a difference. Don't let the bad actions of others cause you to make bad decisions. Always pray for forgiveness before praying for anything, but remember that God has given us free will, and in many cases the free will of others is not God-oriented and is out of our ability to change. Cooler heads will always prevail.
Hmmm

Columbia, TN

#12 Jul 25, 2013
Queen of the cameltoe wrote:
<quoted text>
Ou sure are a bitter person, Do you have any friends or family in Lewisburg?Do you attend church? I don't think so
A bit judgy arent you? They arent bitter, just upset with their situation. So what church to you go to, since you are asking? Going to church doesnt make you a christian any more than going to micky-ds makes you a hamburger. Now, tell us about your church.
too wordy

Lewisburg, TN

#13 Jul 25, 2013
Is this what this is about?
An adopted pregnant lady with child.
The person who adopted the lady with child is causing you grief.
The child has a home but not with her father.
The mother is adult adopted.
That makes the child also in this adopted family.
You are seeking for her to be with her father.
Am I correct, so far?
too wordy

Lewisburg, TN

#14 Jul 25, 2013
Adult adoption was on Dr. Phil one time. A former boyfriend of a woman's daughter was adult adopted by her own mother.(It wasn't like Jerry Springer but it sure had the introduction like it.)
Botton line from Dr. Phil was to the adult daughter, "you do not need a relationship with him nor he with you. He is her adult adopted son." He had a wife and children and was living states away from his adult adopted mother. He did not have good parents. God helps those who help themselves.
When your children grow and go away, adult adoption can be rewarding for health. But, it the adopted adults move far away, that ought to be double dose of deep depression. Most people adopt so as to increase their family.

The little girl. Was her mother unwed? If so, then that is great. Providing a home whereas a father of the child may not have.

Now, is the child yours or your grandchild by any chance?
too wordy

Lewisburg, TN

#15 Jul 25, 2013
“You shall not murder.
– Exodus 20:13 (NIV)
When we read this 6th Commandment,‘you shall not murder’, we all sigh a breath of relief,“At least I’m keeping this command!” But remember, Jesus really raised the bar on this when he taught that if we have hate or hard hearts toward another person it is the same as if we murdered them. Ouch. Now we’re not doing as well. Murder, either physical or via our hearts, is a big deal to God because it infringes on his rule and reign. He created all people and relationship, and he alone has control over our lives. If we keep the first command to have no other god before God, then we can never place our self in the position to take a life. Murder happens because someone wants to change a situation to his or her liking by removing another person-either physically or by rejecting them. That is playing God.
Pay very close attention to last two lines....Murder happens because someone wants to change a situation to his or her liking by removing another person-either physically or by rejecting them. That is playing God.
Wow!! That's three commandments now that you have disobeyed. And you consider yourself a Christian?
"Pay very close attention to last two lines....Murder happens because someone wants to change a situation to his or her liking by removing another person-either physically or by rejecting them. That is playing God."
REJECTED FEELS LIKE NO LIFE. IT IS ONE OF THE WORST THINGS TO DO TO ANYONE.
My mother did not die a natural death. It was murder. Assisted death is man's way not God's only way. Christians may jump all over me, Jews too, but I don't agree with mercy killing.
How many will stand before GOD and plead , but God it was mercy killing. It was, the Law of the Land. It was so sweet and peaceful to see her/him go with no pain. DEATH is a process . My two babies went naturally. It breaks my heart to read the killing babies scriptures!!!!!!!!!! Since a group of MEN selected which BOOKS would become the Bible, I PERSONALLY can not read them. It contaminates my life.
clear as mud

Columbia, TN

#16 Jul 26, 2013
too wordy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Pay very close attention to last two lines....Murder happens because someone wants to change a situation to his or her liking by removing another person-either physically or by rejecting them. That is playing God."
REJECTED FEELS LIKE NO LIFE. IT IS ONE OF THE WORST THINGS TO DO TO ANYONE.
My mother did not die a natural death. It was murder. Assisted death is man's way not God's only way. Christians may jump all over me, Jews too, but I don't agree with mercy killing.
How many will stand before GOD and plead , but God it was mercy killing. It was, the Law of the Land. It was so sweet and peaceful to see her/him go with no pain. DEATH is a process . My two babies went naturally. It breaks my heart to read the killing babies scriptures!!!!!!!!!! Since a group of MEN selected which BOOKS would become the Bible, I PERSONALLY can not read them. It contaminates my life.
nothin like comin in here to stir the mud with more mud. sounds like you was the one rejected. wonder why? if one person rejects you, that happens, when several reject you, you are the common problem. how many rejected you one? two? more?

Gods way? you dont even believe in God so why drag him into this? mercy killin? why would christains or jews jump you for not believin in that? you are walkin in confusion. you are only addin nonsense to this.how many will stand before GOD and plead? accordin to you NONE!!! God dont exist memeber? how can you come on this thread to help when you dont got your own life together? go get that plank out of your eye first.

you comin in here talkin abut jerry springer and dr phil what kind of idiot even watches them stupid people? beside you.

and you and those killin baby scriptures. how dare yourun around spredin your lies. you done been told God cant kill what he created. he only takes them from this planet and gives them a better place in heaven but only if you are innocent like babies are. and for the last time men did not decide what went into the old testament. it was writtenas it happened and God told them what to write except for the parts like what david wrote but he was next to God anyways. you dont know nothin about God or the bible so dont be comin in here tryin to fix others. go fix yourself first. if you dont beleive in God stop talkin about him like you do
it is your dung

Lewisburg, TN

#17 Jul 26, 2013
The child is yours and it burns you up. You should have been stepping up to the plate and marry the her mother.
it is your dung

Lewisburg, TN

#18 Jul 26, 2013
too wordy wrote:
Am I correct, so far?
It is going to be a flaming hot topix. You picked up the heat whoever you are.
herp de dur

Columbia, TN

#19 Jul 26, 2013
it is your dung wrote:
<quoted text>
It is going to be a flaming hot topix. You picked up the heat whoever you are.
you is talkin to yor self again
ha ha manure

Lewisburg, TN

#20 Jul 26, 2013
holy nudity prophetet Isaiah aint bad aither
herp de dur

Lewisburg, TN

#21 Jul 26, 2013
for clear as mud
Fed Up With The BS

Murfreesboro, TN

#22 Jul 26, 2013
too wordy wrote:
Am I correct, so far?
No
No
No
No
No
No

does that answer your assumptions

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Columbia Drug Dealer/ illegal gambling 6 hr highfiver 5
bear creek dollar general by school 12 hr Too-Bad 2
News Columbia Academy teaches more than classroom le... Sat MaltaMon 13
Info on a old house Fri browser 2
Steaks and Shakes Fri Business 101 8
Gary Owen Thu Nosey 6
Any Wiccans or Pagans? (Apr '11) Jul 29 Dabbler 87
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages