Is lighthouse baptist church a cult?

Posted in the Columbia Forum

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 37 of37
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
TINNEY TIM

Ten Mile, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Dec 26, 2010
 
God bless us all, everyone
considerthis

Spring Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Dec 26, 2010
 
makes ya wonder if Scrooge gave his life to the Lord.
He sure had a renewal of the mind and a softening of the heart.
Thats really what its all about.
Wondering

Thompsons Station, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jan 20, 2012
 
I would like one person to show me evidence of how this church is like this. I could say anything I wanted and the only thing you would have to go by is what is said on here. They are broadcasting each service live at www.lighthousebaptistfamily.com , so if you can't give me quotes from actual services and instances then stop drinking the koolaid. Anyone who defends this church is considered a koolaid drinker while everyone else's statements are accepted as facts. Watch the services and let me know if what you say is what it's really like.
enlightened

Pulaski, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jan 22, 2012
 
Wondering wrote:
I would like one person to show me evidence of how this church is like this. I could say anything I wanted and the only thing you would have to go by is what is said on here. They are broadcasting each service live at www.lighthousebaptistfamily.com , so if you can't give me quotes from actual services and instances then stop drinking the koolaid. Anyone who defends this church is considered a koolaid drinker while everyone else's statements are accepted as facts. Watch the services and let me know if what you say is what it's really like.
Don't feel so special- All baptists are kool-aid drinkers
Moving On

Spring Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Jan 22, 2012
 
Agreed. Just like all church of christ, methodists, episcopals, catholics, non-denominational, and atheists
three dog night

Columbia, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Jan 24, 2012
 
maverick wrote:
<quoted text>agree with changing beliefs.main reason the place ain't for me.and acourse money hungery.but then again every church i have attended.ask for money.just few was pleased with what ever u could give.lol
How do you expect the churches to help others without money? My church is helping kids caught up in the sex trafficking, they're helping support three orphanages, digging wells in India, helping build schools, feeding and clothing the homelsss. How would they do all these things without money?????
Moving On

Spring Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Jan 27, 2012
 
Because the Church is the only institution in today's society that it is not ok to ask for money. They are supposed to run completely on magic and make the money appear out of thin air. To use an analogy, think of our government as it is ran today. We have millions of people that are receiving help and aid without contributing anything back. It is their right to receive the help and no one can take that away. Now switch over to church and apply the same model of thinking. We have millions of Christians that are receiving the help and aid of the Church, but not contributing anything to it. It is their right to get the help and aid, but shouldn't have to give anything in return.
truth

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Feb 12, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Moving On wrote:
Because the Church is the only institution in today's society that it is not ok to ask for money. They are supposed to run completely on magic and make the money appear out of thin air.
If god is making women out of rib bones, he can jolly well supply his own cash for his works. God needs to get a job, and quit living off the tax payers for things he can fund himself.
joe

Ortonville, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Aug 6, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

1

dave baker's wife is a slut!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Jan 23, 2013
 
There is something that'd not right about it I know that much. Awkward .... is a good word for it.
Rob

Spring Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Jan 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I've heard that church is one of those "The earth is under 6000 years old, dinosaurs lived with man, and evolution is a lie" type churches.

I'm sorry, but ignorance like this does more to turn people away from God's grace than bring them toward it.
cautious

Madison, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
May 7, 2013
 
I to attended this church and I don't think that "cult" is an appropriate word. Different maybe...
I did not agree with their teachings but that is in any place that you attend that you have not been brought up in. I was raised old time baptist and still I did not agree with everything that went on in that church. I was taught that women should be modestly dressed..but who decides? The women were brought up to wear dresses but as I got older the dresses became shorter, or was long but a split that came up to their butt cracks. So my opinion is that just because we don't agree with everything does not mean that there are not good things to learn. I don't think we have to join a church in order to attend or hear the word of God. If that waviers from your beliefs and what you have read for yourself then is when you get up and leave. That does not mean you say bad things about it..you just choose a different place to worship
God has made us all different and with that he has also gave each of us different ways of thought..but if you read the word and pray and seek him then you can see the good in all the churches that stand as his represenatives. If they are incorrect then he will deal with them in due time.
The Occasionalist

Spring Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
May 8, 2013
 
Spring Hill must have the highest per capita amount of Baptist churches of any town or city in the USA. I've never seen anything like it. Frankly, I don't understand the nature of this obviously inherently schismatic church. I don't understand its apparent need and proclivity to split into a bewildering array of competing same sect churches from the MegaMcChurch on down to the vacated storefront worship houses. Does each one think they're the only true and correct Baptist church and the others apostates and heretics? Is that what it is? If the literal interpretation of the Word of God is so self-evident, why can't Baptists agree on the same church? I don't quite follow.
LeftmyheartinNH

Buchanan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Jun 9, 2013
 
I think you are right. Believing God's word is the most important, Not to judge others for the amount of children they have. Sounds like that person isn't saved is all
LeftmyheartinNH

Buchanan, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Jun 9, 2013
 
Well, Rob I guess you are ignorant of the BIBLE..God's Final authority. And I suppose you believe in Monkey man too? Darwinism sounds like your beliefs
joe

Jacksonville, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Jun 11, 2013
 
So you ever shop at walmart? You are a cult supporter then .. acc to your definition.
Fact wrote:
All church's are for profit businesses and therfore, are all cults.
Leonardo Agan

Makati, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Feb 21, 2014
 
redneck yank wrote:
Kool aid drinker
<quoted text>
I am just curious about the statement that pastors have no salary. If they are full time pastor how could they survive in the ministry. That statement is quite inappropriate if we read the whole of Scripture. Numbers 18:21(NLT) As for the tribe of Levi, your relatives, I will compensate them for their service in the Tabernacle. Instead of an allotment of land, I will give them the tithes from the entire land of Israel.(KJV) 21 And, behold, I have given the children of Levi all the tenth in Israel for an inheritance, for their service which they serve, even the service of the tabernacle of the congregation. This means that neither the priests nor the Levites were to possess any allotments of land but to depend entirely upon him who liberally provided for them out of his own portion. Thus they were exempted from the cares and labors of worldly business and could be exclusively devoted to his service. A bond of mutual love might be formed between the people and the Levites, who, as performing religious services for the people, derived their subsistence from them; and further, that being the more easily dispersed among the different tribes, they might be more useful in instructing and directing the people. Today, in modern churches, they give salaries to pastors because it is a corporate church but if it is not a corporate church the tithes belongs to the pastors and whatever in excess of his needs it should be used for the work of service to the church and not to enrich himself like buying mansion and service jets.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 37 of37
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbia Discussions

Search the Columbia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) 18 min NTMD8OR 58,308
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 22 min NTMD8OR 123,669
2014 Marshall County Elections 30 min paul 66
School Board Mayhem (May '10) 57 min agreed 355
director of schools (Jan '12) 1 hr important 354
MCHS Softball coach caught! 2 hr important 31
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 2 hr Armadillo 8,450
•••

Freeze Warning for Maury County was issued at April 15 at 3:36PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbia Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••