Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Columbia Forum

Comments (Page 3,384)

Showing posts 67,661 - 67,680 of138,562
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
OK - it was my pleasure to assist in your crying 'uncle'.
I'm not crying "uncle"...I just know a hopeless "cause" when I run into one.
And actually, I haven't had any sleep and I don't have a lot of patience when I'm sleep deprived, or self-control. So, I kinda...keyword, "kinda", like you and I'm saving you from one of my "azz-chewin's". Consider yourself lucky, I wouldn't do that for just any TEApublican.:)
zombie

Kazakhstan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not crying "uncle"...I just know a hopeless "cause" when I run into one.
And actually, I haven't had any sleep and I don't have a lot of patience when I'm sleep deprived, or self-control. So, I kinda...keyword, "kinda", like you and I'm saving you from one of my "azz-chewin's". Consider yourself lucky, I wouldn't do that for just any TEApublican.:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

elle1 wrote:
<quoted text>
www.washingtonpost.com/.../the-three-best-cha... ...
Quit lying and go to the Washington Post to read the three best charts on how Clinton's surpluses became Bush's and Obama's deficits.
Blow up your tv if Fox News is the only thing it picks up.
Why would I go to the Washington Post when the information I posted was from the U.S. Treasury? Are the figures there lies?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I go to the Washington Post when the information I posted was from the U.S. Treasury? Are the figures there lies?
Nuh, you are literally going to make me crawl through this computer screen and STRANGLE YOU!!!:)

“Not Worth Arguing About”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Nuh_ wrote:
This is absolutely bonkers!
Here's what happens when activist judges run amok. Physicians should be counseled prior to a young girl taking medicine such as this.
U.S. District Judge Edward Korman ordered the FDA to make the pill, commonly referred to as the abortion pill, available for all ages. The decision means that unless the FDA appeals and is granted a stay, by this time next month a teenager 16 or under could walk into a local pharmacy and buy the pill off the shelf.
The Food and Drug Administration had initially decided to allow the emergency pill to be available for young teens. But Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius overruled the FDA in late 2011, and the agency limited availability without a prescription to women 17 and older.
About 20%--almost 1 in 5---of births to teenage mothers are not their FIRST babies. Those teenagers are evidently doing some things without their parents' permission. Let me amend that to parent's permission because too many of these sad, losing girls and boys are growing up* in a single parent home.

Ponder that, Mr. Outraged.

I used the * with "growing up" because there is something going wrong with the "growing up" process. We parents, extended family, communities, and churches are producing 14 to 18 year-olds who are REproducing before the physical body is mature, before schooling is finished, before training leads to even that FIRST job!

The little girls should not be alone in their responsibility. Little boys should be educated and threatened. They don't know what we smarter adults know and believe unless we tell them and tell them and tell them. But parents and family should most of all supervise! Who the heck ever said you should TRUST your child! Ever thought about the definition of "child"?

Guild

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

elle1 wrote:
<quoted text>
About 20%--almost 1 in 5---of births to teenage mothers are not their FIRST babies. Those teenagers are evidently doing some things without their parents' permission. Let me amend that to parent's permission because too many of these sad, losing girls and boys are growing up* in a single parent home.
Ponder that, Mr. Outraged.
I used the * with "growing up" because there is something going wrong with the "growing up" process. We parents, extended family, communities, and churches are producing 14 to 18 year-olds who are REproducing before the physical body is mature, before schooling is finished, before training leads to even that FIRST job!
The little girls should not be alone in their responsibility. Little boys should be educated and threatened. They don't know what we smarter adults know and believe unless we tell them and tell them and tell them. But parents and family should most of all supervise! Who the heck ever said you should TRUST your child! Ever thought about the definition of "child"?
I'm not sure of your exact overall point particularly the 'Ponder that Mr. Outrage' part, although I do agree with you that parents should 'supervise' their children.

Setting aside my personal belief against abortion - my issue with this poor decision of the judge is medical. Young girls under 16 have no business being able to just go and get drugs such as this without doctor supervison. Bad things can easily happen.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
"Steny Hoyer Says George W. Bush Inherited $5.6 Trillion Surplus From Bill Clinton."
Click here:
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
Conservatives invariably state the national deficit after Bush left office when comparing it to current levels, but they fail to mention the fact that Bush started digging that hole on top of a mountain.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure of your exact overall point particularly the 'Ponder that Mr. Outrage' part, although I do agree with you that parents should 'supervise' their children.
Setting aside my personal belief against abortion - my issue with this poor decision of the judge is medical. Young girls under 16 have no business being able to just go and get drugs such as this without doctor supervison. Bad things can easily happen.
I can agree with "doctor supervision," but the issue of "parental supervision" gets tricky if Daddy's the one who knocked little Suzy up.
Ebert

Livingston, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
I can agree with "doctor supervision," but the issue of "parental supervision" gets tricky if Daddy's the one who knocked little Suzy up.
How often does that happen?

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure how you lept from the 2001 recession and tied that to the Olympics eight years later.
I especially like the apples to oranges comparison of a family trip as representatives of the USA at the Olympic Games, to seperate trips where Michelle and the kids go to Aspen and ski while Barack goes to Florida to play golf with Tiger.
Hillbillyboy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Conservatives invariably state the national deficit after Bush left office when comparing it to current levels, but they fail to mention the fact that Bush started digging that hole on top of a mountain.
Yeah, Bush wasted some money, nobody is denying that. There was massive fraud, waste, and abuse during his reign and he didnt really try too hard to do anything about it.

But what Obama has already done is so much more massive and unbelievable, that it makes Bushes fraud, waste, and abuse look like a mud puddle, when compared to Obamas Oceans of fraud, waste, abuse.

And now, really stupid big government social programs that never work, and cost hundreds of times what they are originally supposed to cost, are all he can come up with, even as the economy is staggering under the weight of government debt.

Obama has already spent more money than all of the previous Presidents combined.

His only new ideas are...more spending, more big government programs (that can never work), taking away of our freedoms, and higher taxes.

In short, ALL of Obamas ideas are bad ones, and he is taking us in the wrong direction.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Nuh_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Um...because the Treasury department has their printing presses at red-hot speed printing money maybe?
Nuh_, I can guaran-F-N-T you if that were correct, my Republican friends where I live would be all over me.
You see Nuh_, my Republican friends are like lil Canaries in a Coal Mine. If something is not just perfect beyond belief with the Government, they will start "singing like a canary",bitching, complaining, ect.
Now as for S.S., they must be "happy as a lark", because I have not heard one gripe about it. They even look forward to getting it. "On Time, Everytime"
Then we have the Republicans that have no S.S. to speak of, because all of their life they have been working under the table, and they are still working today.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
I especially like the apples to oranges comparison of a family trip as representatives of the USA at the Olympic Games, to seperate trips where Michelle and the kids go to Aspen and ski while Barack goes to Florida to play golf with Tiger.
Bush still holds the record for most vacation days for a president.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Ebert wrote:
<quoted text>
How often does that happen?
No one has an accurate estimate as it is almost never reported.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Hillbillyboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Bush wasted some money, nobody is denying that. There was massive fraud, waste, and abuse during his reign and he didnt really try too hard to do anything about it.
But what Obama has already done is so much more massive and unbelievable, that it makes Bushes fraud, waste, and abuse look like a mud puddle, when compared to Obamas Oceans of fraud, waste, abuse.
And now, really stupid big government social programs that never work, and cost hundreds of times what they are originally supposed to cost, are all he can come up with, even as the economy is staggering under the weight of government debt.
Obama has already spent more money than all of the previous Presidents combined.
His only new ideas are...more spending, more big government programs (that can never work), taking away of our freedoms, and higher taxes.
In short, ALL of Obamas ideas are bad ones, and he is taking us in the wrong direction.
More "big government?" Like creating a Dept of Homeland Security, perhaps?
stewart smalley

Livingston, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

<quoted text>
More "big government?" Like creating a Dept of Homeland Security, perhaps?
Have there been anymore attacks on The U.S. latley?
TOO FUNNY

Chattanooga, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

stewart smalley wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, where have YOU been? The attacks are never ending and the liberals in Congress aren't gonna stop anytime soon. So far they've attacked America's standard of living, personal wealth, quality of education, entrepreneurship, and America's job creation machinery - small businesses.... Why don't you try waking the HELL UP!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

TOO FUNNY wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, where have YOU been? The attacks are never ending and the liberals in Congress aren't gonna stop anytime soon. So far they've attacked America's standard of living, personal wealth, quality of education, entrepreneurship, and America's job creation machinery - small businesses.... Why don't you try waking the HELL UP!
When Bush left office, we were losing over 800,000 jobs/month. Selective conservative amnesia, I suppose.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

stewart smalley wrote:
<quoted text>
Soooo, "big government" is good when a Republican institutes it? I understand now. Thank you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

elle1 wrote:
<quoted text>
www.washingtonpost.com/.../the-three-best-cha... ...
Quit lying and go to the Washington Post to read the three best charts on how Clinton's surpluses became Bush's and Obama's deficits.
Blow up your tv if Fox News is the only thing it picks up.
ROFL! I LIKE this Post! Lol!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 67,661 - 67,680 of138,562
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbia Discussions

Search the Columbia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
County Commissioners for Oakland 1 hr Oakland Man 1
ATTN Oakland! 2014 County Commissioner Election 1 hr Oakland Man 15
Maury County Sheriff 2014 (Sep '13) 1 hr back at ya 400
1 way ticket to South America is $667 3 hr army man 4
Hillary Clinton in 2016! 5 hr Outspoken Lesbian 9
Public Defenders Race 8 hr Outspoken Lesbian 23
Lewisburg 10 hr Just dandy 14
•••
•••