Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Columbia Forum

Comments (Page 3,093)

Showing posts 61,841 - 61,860 of123,991
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
It won't be anybody!
Pete I think your a are good person. Lets be friends, would you like to meet for coffee?
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Johnson said, I don't give a damn about the Men on that ship, I don't want to embarrass our ally".
The Guys on the ship are convinced that it was Israeli, unmarked Planes that attacked them to try and draw us into attacking Egypt during the 6-day War with Israel.
It's all in the Documentary that I told you about that "KnightLord" put up on the Hunter's Thread, a couple of days ago.
Linda, thanks for the correction, I just pulled that quote off my cuff. I'll check out those sites and I'm sure I can add to them. You see the jets that attacked them were unmarked, then later the torpedo boats arrived and they were marked. I could go on and on.........but hey, America's best can sometimes be used as fodder.
Yeah, ALLY MY ASS, I better back off now before I have a meltdown!
Later.
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

I meant aspirations for the White house.
I need more coffee..
If he can cut his budget and return money to the Treasury in 6 digits. Why can't every member?
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
A CEO's salary is part of the everyday payroll expense. Payroll is expensed as an offset to revenues. What I am saying is that a CEO doesn't get paid straight out of a corporations's profits, i.e. a percentage of profits. The profits are determined after payroll is deducted. Most CEO's have normal salaries, except for maybe the huge corporations. Most of a CEO's pay comes in the form of options and stock grants. This is their incentive to get the stock price up.
Aren't we splitting hairs here "Pete" ? I see your point now, but obviously his salary ultimately decreases corporate profits. The shareholders hope that he will ultimately be worth that cost to "profit" by guiding the company prudently and making them money. Some do and get a bonus...some don't and still get their salary, stock options and golden parachutes. I assume you are right that a lot of corporate CEOs make "normal" salaries, but I was a long time shareholder in a local bank that I had done business with all of my life. This was a bank with 13 branch offices, hardly a blip on the banking radar.. and the CEO received a salary higher than that of the President of the United States. That, to me, is seriously out of whack.

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea whether she's "smart" or not, but she certainly knows how to get things done on capitol Hill much better than Boehner does or ever has.
She comes from a Political Family and was raised around politics all her Life, so that might have something to do with it.
She only got things done when she had enough dems to back her up. What has she done since her party lost the house? I believe she is the main reason they lost it in 2010 and failed to get it back in 2012.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

BOO HOO wrote:
<quoted text>As you said..... you were right RS LMAO
Hello BH. I meant to say hello to you yesterday and missed doing so. Yea she's predictable if nothing else. That's how I got my name back by assuming her next move when she was having a melt down.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>She only got things done when she had enough dems to back her up. What has she done since her party lost the house? I believe she is the main reason they lost it in 2010 and failed to get it back in 2012.
I was thinking the same thing. Hello to you NTMD.
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Well alrighty then... LOL

Apparently my story on Rand Paul returning a 6 figure check to the Treasury (#68566) hit a nerve. Topix deleted it.
BOO HOO

Union City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello BH. I meant to say hello to you yesterday and missed doing so. Yea she's predictable if nothing else. That's how I got my name back by assuming her next move when she was having a melt down.
Hello RS. how are you today ? shes always havin a melt down or is it a major OVERLOAD maybe both.. Sounds like ole dunlap is havin the same problems as sss

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking the same thing. Hello to you NTMD.
Hello RS I think it will be a while before the American voters forget, "We have to pass the bill before we can see what's in it."

“IMNTBHO”

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Cornbread wrote:
Well alrighty then... LOL
Apparently my story on Rand Paul returning a 6 figure check to the Treasury (#68566) hit a nerve. Topix deleted it.
Figures.
cutting edge

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

where the beef
Truth Detector

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Aren't we splitting hairs here "Pete" ? I see your point now, but obviously his salary ultimately decreases corporate profits. The shareholders hope that he will ultimately be worth that cost to "profit" by guiding the company prudently and making them money. Some do and get a bonus...some don't and still get their salary, stock options and golden parachutes. I assume you are right that a lot of corporate CEOs make "normal" salaries, but I was a long time shareholder in a local bank that I had done business with all of my life. This was a bank with 13 branch offices, hardly a blip on the banking radar.. and the CEO received a salary higher than that of the President of the United States. That, to me, is seriously out of whack.
My first job our of college was in accounting for a Fortune 500. I had dreams of becoming a CEO, but I soon realized that those jobs were only for people who had graduate degrees from Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Wharton or other expensive university.

My next job was as a commission salesman. 100% commission against a draw. There was no limit to your earnings, however there was a limit to the amount of your draw. Few people have the intestinal fortitude to handle that type of work.

I opened my first business in 1983, and haven't worked for anoyone else since.

I have always felt that CEO's pay should be based on achievement. You produce the results or you don't get paid. Not willing to accept those terms? Stay a middle manager.

Of course, I'd like to see many government jobs tied to results too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

BOO HOO wrote:
<quoted text>Hello RS. how are you today ? shes always havin a melt down or is it a major OVERLOAD maybe both.. Sounds like ole dunlap is havin the same problems as sss
Yea they hate when they can't play slap and tickle. Such is life for the two. I'm doing well thank you.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Dunlapian, "KnightLord" posted an excellent Link on the "Hunters" thread , about the USS Liberty attack. It's kind of like a Documentary. If you haven't watched it, go over there when you get time, and do watch it...it's very interesting. It's about an hour long. There's 3 Links in his one Post and one of those is about the Tonkin Gulf Incident, too, but it's much shorter.
Thanks Linda, that is a new Documentary that I haven't seen before.
Please allow me to add that the American sub they were talking about was the U.S.S. Amberjack(SS 522). Also they did fail to mention the two troop helicopters loaded with special forces toward the end of the engagement, that was getting into position to rappel down to the ship, as the Captain gave the orders, "prepare to repel boarders".......then they just left.
Later that night at about mid-night, making 2-3 kts. a Russian Frigate pulled along side and signaled if the Liberty needed any help, the reply was of course no. But you can bet they knew exactly what was going on.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Linda, that is a new Documentary that I haven't seen before.
Please allow me to add that the American sub they were talking about was the U.S.S. Amberjack(SS 522). Also they did fail to mention the two troop helicopters loaded with special forces toward the end of the engagement, that was getting into position to rappel down to the ship, as the Captain gave the orders, "prepare to repel boarders".......then they just left.
Later that night at about mid-night, making 2-3 kts. a Russian Frigate pulled along side and signaled if the Liberty needed any help, the reply was of course no. But you can bet they knew exactly what was going on.
I know that I'll never look at Israel the same way, again. I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. I've read Article that basically said, in a gentle way, that Israel was just using us and I remember the Israeli Spy that stole Nuclear Secrets from us...and we did very little about any of this. But, the USS Liberty was going too far...way too far!
I can't help but wonder if things would have been different had JFK not been assassinated and did these things have anything to do with the real reason he was assassinated, and did Lee Harvey Oswald actually do it and if he did, was it like we have been told all these years?

You know, there are supposed to be some Sealed Documents about the JFK Assassination, that aren't allowed to be opened for one hundred years from the time of his death, supposedly by the request of Jackie and the Kennedy Family. There's never even been any hint as to what's in them, but the Press has slightly insinuated that they think it is information about his assassination. I wonder, but I'll never know.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

This is shameful, disgraceful, and should make every Patriotic American furious! i simply cannot understand how the Wealthiest Americans can sleep at night!
----------
"Troops Getting Gear From Charity As U.S. Military Braces For Budget Cuts."

Click here:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/troops-ge...
Pete

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm perfectly happy with my situation, but you seem to be one of the most miserable Human Beings that I've ever heard speak. If you have to cruise the Internet, just looking for somebody to start an argument with...then, you've got problems that I can't even imagine! And it's obvious that is exactly what you are doing and it's also obvious that you are one seriously miserable Person, who doesn't see a moment's pleasure in anything or anybody! If you don't get yourself straightened out, you'll either be dead from a Stress heart attack within 10 years or less, or you'll be in an Insane Asylum! Your body will NOT hold up with that kind of Mental Anguish going on in your head, non-stop! If you weren't such a Basta8d, I would pity you, but since you are, I frankly couldn't care less!
I'm just giving you back what you dish out. Tastes a little different when you are on the receiving end doesn't it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just giving you back what you dish out. Tastes a little different when you are on the receiving end doesn't it?
Pete, what is your problem...seriously, what is your problem??? I don't know who you are, and I don't care. I know nothing about your personal Life or if you even have one, so what is your great interest in mine. If it's because of the Post that I made earlier today, IT WAS A JOKE, and if you had any sense of humor, at all, you should have known that!
Now, I'm not going to keep this stupidity up much longer, so either tell me what is behind all of this irrational Verbal Abuse that you've chosen me to be the target of...or DROP IT and leave me alone!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that I'll never look at Israel the same way, again. I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. I've read Article that basically said, in a gentle way, that Israel was just using us and I remember the Israeli Spy that stole Nuclear Secrets from us...and we did very little about any of this. But, the USS Liberty was going too far...way too far!
I can't help but wonder if things would have been different had JFK not been assassinated and did these things have anything to do with the real reason he was assassinated, and did Lee Harvey Oswald actually do it and if he did, was it like we have been told all these years?
You know, there are supposed to be some Sealed Documents about the JFK Assassination, that aren't allowed to be opened for one hundred years from the time of his death, supposedly by the request of Jackie and the Kennedy Family. There's never even been any hint as to what's in them, but the Press has slightly insinuated that they think it is information about his assassination. I wonder, but I'll never know.
I support Israel with every fiber of my body. They are the ones that help in a time of need.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61,841 - 61,860 of123,991
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbia Discussions

Search the Columbia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ugly Yards 7 min Perv Alert 19
Teacher messing with Student 10 min Perv Alert 23
director of schools (Jan '12) 13 hr Agree with innocent 365
Sheriff Norman Dalton 14 hr Lil Boosie 74
Maury County Sheriff 2014 (Sep '13) 14 hr Watchdog 5
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) 17 hr sally 58,245
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 17 hr sally 8,462
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbia Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance