Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Columbia Forum

Comments (Page 2,974)

Showing posts 59,461 - 59,480 of123,893
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
here you go

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

The Original Amused wrote:
<quoted text>
Her hee
You really are a dumbass.You pu**y, just like your daddy
WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

here you go wrote:
<quoted text>
source who works on the naval air base in Fort Worth, Texas, confirmed the departure of the state-of-the-art fighter planes to FoxNews.com . Sixteen F-16s and 200 Abrams tanks are to be given to the Egyptian government before the end of the year under a foreign aid deal signed in 2010 with then-Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, a longtime U.S. ally.
Critics, including several in Congress, say it doesn't make sense to follow through with the package, given that new Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi, elected last summer, has given decidedly mixed signals about relations with the U.S. While he has toned down his rhetoric since his election, in 2010 - the same year the aid package was struck - Morsi attacked Obama for supporting Israel.
“One American president after another — and most recently, that Obama — talks about American guarantees for the safety of the Zionists in Palestine," Morsi, then a leader of the Muslim Brotherhood, said on Egyptian television in reaction to Obama's 2009 speech in Cairo. "[Obama] was very clear when he uttered his empty words on the land of Egypt. He uttered many lies, of which he couldn’t have fulfilled a single word, even if he were sincere — which he is not.”
In the comments translated by the Middle East Media Research Institute, Morsi went on to urge that children be taught to hate Jews.
“Dear brothers, we must not forget to nurse our children and grandchildren on hatred towards those Zionists and Jews, and all those who support them," he said. "They must be nursed on hatred. The hatred must continue.”
Lawmakers told FoxNews.com that even if Morsi has softened his stance, it makes no sense to arm his Islamist government with weapons that could one day be used against Israel or even Egyptians.
“It is appalling that the Obama administration would send F-16s and 200 military tanks to Egypt in the wake of the instability,[and the] anti-American and anti-Israel atmosphere," Rep. Louie Gohmert,(R-Texas), told FoxNews.com .
The U.S. government ordered the planes for Egypt from Lockheed Martin in 2010, as part of an annual aid package that regularly topped $1 billion. But the very next year, a popular revolution began which ultimately resulted in Mubarak's ouster and imprisonment, and the election of Morsi, a leader of the Muslim Brotherhood. In November, Morsi tried to claim dictatorial powers, but was forced to back down from his claim after massive protests against the move.
Many worry that arming such a volatile Egypt will endanger Israel.
"My hope and prayer is that someone in this administration will wake up and smell the burning of [Israel's] future and rescind the supply of planes and tanks," Gohmert said. "If they do not, then perhaps there will arise leaders within our Congress with newfound courage to stop the lunacy."
“It is appalling that the Obama Administration would send F-16s and 200 military tanks to Egypt in the wake of the instability,[and the] anti-American and anti-Israel atmosphere."
- Rep. Louie Gohmert,(R-Texas)
Rep. Vern Buchanan,(R-Fla.), who recently called for ending foreign aid to Egypt altogether, told FoxNews.com the Muslim Brotherhood-backed Morsi government has been sending increasingly troubling signals to Washington, and giving it state-of-the-art fighter jets is a dangerous idea.
“American tax dollars must not be used to aid and abet any dictatorial regime that stands with terrorists,” Buchanan said.
Others note that Egypt's leaders could use the weapons on their own people.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com
Excellent piece, many thanks!
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent piece, many thanks!
I can understand your kinship with Jackson. They say birds of a feather... You are both truly the dregs of society.
Really Sassy

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

WILLARD wrote:
<quoted text>If memory serves, You've been the most ardent critic of my posts, referring to coherent text as "flowery" and complaining you didn't understand them! You seem comfortable attacking my posts because you despise the fact that you're incompetent and entirely incapable of keeping up. You actually seem to think you're slick enough to mask your impotence under the guise of being offended by "flowery" language. You're so busted, and have been for a long time!

It's not what you want to hear, but Sassy's postings are far superior to yours, and always have been. Here, you're employing the same indecent tactic against her, in a most dishonorable way.

Why not be constructive with your time? I think you and your fellow moron should consider a start-up business together. I was thinking..maybe a consultant firm! We might call it "Dumber & Dumbest Inc.," I'll let you imbeciles fight over who gets top billing. The way I see it....it's a toss-up!
Roflmao. Your 20 dollar words aren't used in any crowd dear. You are simply a fool. Look around you and you will find that no one in his or her right mind chooses to use the words you currently throw out in order to feel superior. Anyone can use them but who wishes to? It's silly! I promise you people far greater and better than you choose not to speak as you do. An over the hill retired male has nothing much to live for but to try and feel important. You aren't superior, no one is intimidated by your verbal attacks and most importantly the few years you have left will be spent all alone with you, your attitude and topix. How sad that is indeed. Enjoy the next few years because that's likely all you have before you find yourself just another brick in the wall. Good evening Sir.
tammy

Collinwood, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Roflmao. Your 20 dollar words aren't used in any crowd dear. You are simply a fool. Look around you and you will find that no one in his or her right mind chooses to use the words you currently throw out in order to feel superior. Anyone can use them but who wishes to? It's silly! I promise you people far greater and better than you choose not to speak as you do. An over the hill retired male has nothing much to live for but to try and feel important. You aren't superior, no one is intimidated by your verbal attacks and most importantly the few years you have left will be spent all alone with you, your attitude and topix. How sad that is indeed. Enjoy the next few years because that's likely all you have before you find yourself just another brick in the wall. Good evening Sir.
Bravo !!
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Watch old Willard judge – must be sad to have such a miserable life that the only person who likes you is yourself…
WILLARD

Pikeville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Unreal wrote:
Watch old Willard judge – must be sad to have such a miserable life that the only person who likes you is yourself…
Sad, is a pathetic degenerate who finds a morsel of gratification in make believe unhappiness on the part of someone who handily takes his lunch money! Is "Make believe for morons" a software program you share with your stupid friends?

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Amen!
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
FICA stands for Federal Insurance Contributions Act. This is the means by which an employer collects social security. It is a retirement plan. That was how it was passed and that is how it is administered. FICA is social security. Those are the facts. Social security benefits are capped. Therefore, payments to this plan are capped. I am an employer. Payroll taxes consist of a whole lot more than FICA. Payroll taxes incorporate FUTA, SUTA, Federal Income Tax Withholding, Medicare, etc. However, these taxes are simply the means for government to collect income tax, medicare and social security. The income tax portion of this does not ever get paid back to the employee. This is a true tax. Social Security gets paid back in the form of benefits. Medicare gets paid back in the form of health services. These are by definition not a tax. Whether you know it or not, the employer also pays portions of the employees' social security and medicare. The employer is who is taxed. The employer simply collects these funds from the employee. Regarding Social Security, if the benefit it can pay out is capped, then the payments into it have to be capped. If not, then social security would turn into yet another tax not yet enacted. It is a simple retirement plan. Would you pay let's say $50,000 into a retirement plan knowing you would only get back $30,000? Of course not.
This cap was put into effect so that some people would not have to fund the retirement of others. Check it out yourself. I deal with FICA every day and know exactly how it works. What it is not is a tax loophole for the rich.
Pete, first you say in your post, "Payroll taxes consist of a whole lot more than FICA". So here we do agree, FICA is a payroll tax!
The definition of a tax is large, but part of it does include "taxes are collected for Social Security contributions"
I'll give your this one, and only because it's not a black/white issue(FICA is not a loophole for the rich) it's a given.
But now lets move onto something that is a black/white issue where the rich do get a tax loophole made especially for them.
That would be, "carried interest income" which is taxed at 15%.
Senate Democrats have tried and failed to force Executives to pay the normal tax rate of about 35%. If they did, that alone would bring in over $17 billion of new revenue over 10 years.
Really Sassy

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Unreal wrote:
I think the rest of us simply don't have the desire to read his rantings let alone taking the time to judge the nonsense.
Goodbye

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Yep, I have been supporting Mr.and Mrs, FICA and all their little FICAS for ever!
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
FICA stands for Federal Insurance Contributions Act. This is the means by which an employer collects social security. It is a retirement plan. That was how it was passed and that is how it is administered. FICA is social security. Those are the facts. Social security benefits are capped. Therefore, payments to this plan are capped. I am an employer. Payroll taxes consist of a whole lot more than FICA. Payroll taxes incorporate FUTA, SUTA, Federal Income Tax Withholding, Medicare, etc. However, these taxes are simply the means for government to collect income tax, medicare and social security. The income tax portion of this does not ever get paid back to the employee. This is a true tax. Social Security gets paid back in the form of benefits. Medicare gets paid back in the form of health services. These are by definition not a tax. Whether you know it or not, the employer also pays portions of the employees' social security and medicare. The employer is who is taxed. The employer simply collects these funds from the employee. Regarding Social Security, if the benefit it can pay out is capped, then the payments into it have to be capped. If not, then social security would turn into yet another tax not yet enacted. It is a simple retirement plan. Would you pay let's say $50,000 into a retirement plan knowing you would only get back $30,000? Of course not.
This cap was put into effect so that some people would not have to fund the retirement of others. Check it out yourself. I deal with FICA every day and know exactly how it works. What it is not is a tax loophole for the rich.
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Obviously he is judging those with negative judge it's. When you prove his absurd uninformed data as false.
He spins his drivel to suit his purposes. I know another poster who does the same.
He truly has mental problems.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Cornbread wrote:
Obviously he is judging those with negative judge it's. When you prove his absurd uninformed data as false.
He spins his drivel to suit his purposes. I know another poster who does the same.
He truly has mental problems.
Cornbread, which one of these "Crazy Check" Posters are you talking about? There's so many of them, pretending they've ever had a job or gainful employment, that I can't tell which one you're referring to.
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Willard of course.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Goodbye wrote:
Yep, I have been supporting Mr.and Mrs, FICA and all their little FICAS for ever!<quoted text>
......and someday Mr. and Mrs. FICA will be helping to support you and yours!
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Lite N Lively wrote:
<quoted text>
Cornbread, which one of these "Crazy Check" Posters are you talking about? There's so many of them, pretending they've ever had a job or gainful employment, that I can't tell which one you're referring to.
They work for Willard......remember his "friend" Carol and one or two more that he was creating in his own mind.
Cornbread

Scottsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

As much as I have paid into their fund..(since I was 16) I hope they will help me out. since they had no problem taking my money all those years, ans still do every week.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>They work for Willard......remember his "friend" Carol and one or two more that he was creating in his own mind.
I'm not in the mood to put up with all their stupidity tonight, that much I do know! Crazy People are really beginning to get on my nerves! And with the exception of about 4 or 5, there's nobody on Topix that's not absolutely insane!
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Pete, first you say in your post, "Payroll taxes consist of a whole lot more than FICA". So here we do agree, FICA is a payroll tax!
The definition of a tax is large, but part of it does include "taxes are collected for Social Security contributions"
I'll give your this one, and only because it's not a black/white issue(FICA is not a loophole for the rich) it's a given.
But now lets move onto something that is a black/white issue where the rich do get a tax loophole made especially for them.
That would be, "carried interest income" which is taxed at 15%.
Senate Democrats have tried and failed to force Executives to pay the normal tax rate of about 35%. If they did, that alone would bring in over $17 billion of new revenue over 10 years.
Ok Dunlapian, I'll give you this one. I don't know enough about this topic to even comment, so if you say this is a tax loophole, I will take your word for it. If it is, then I agree it should be eliminated. I will have to admit, I thought I was well versed on the tax code, but this tax is foreign to me. No pun intended.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Cornbread wrote:
As much as I have paid into their fund..(since I was 16) I hope they will help me out. since they had no problem taking my money all those years, ans still do every week.
Your money paid for your Parents' Generation and your Children's contribution will pay for yours. That's the way the Social Security Retirement Program was set up to work and that's the way it does work.

So, these Ignorant Trolls that are milking the Fund and sitting on their Azzes and harassing decent Topix Poster all day, need to get off their Lazy Azzes and go find a job and start contributing something to the Fund! I'm fed up with supporting their Sorry Azzes and bying their drugs and being talked to worse thwn a dog, while I'm doing it!
Filthy-Mouthed Little Lazy Drugged-out Bit*hes!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 59,461 - 59,480 of123,893
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbia Discussions

Search the Columbia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) 2 hr NTMD8OR 58,240
shooting last night? 4 hr Concerned 7
grotesque and obese 5 hr herp de dur 2
Bobcat Sightings Holly Grove Rd 8 hr think about it 11
The vacant house at Duplex and Port Royal? (May '13) 9 hr Grace 7
Why Chapel Hill (Feb '11) 10 hr slow your horse down 18
All Women Coaches for all Girls Sports Teams 12 hr picture this 15
•••
•••