Men Charged In Beating Death Of Colum...

Men Charged In Beating Death Of Columbia Man

There are 63 comments on the WTVF Nashville story from Mar 8, 2010, titled Men Charged In Beating Death Of Columbia Man. In it, WTVF Nashville reports that:

Two men are facing charges in the beating death of a 42-year-old Columbia man. Police arrived at the Wayside Inn on Depot Street just before midnight Saturday, to find Harold Wayne Clemons lying on the ground.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVF Nashville.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
me and you

Smyrna, TN

#1 Mar 10, 2010
Look what the affects of alchol can do, this is a awful situation, but when you mix a person whom can't handle their actions sober it turns out even worse when they hit the bottle! Hope these men get what they deserve!
he knows

Spring Hill, TN

#2 Mar 10, 2010
Thank you for wanting justice for Wayne. He was ambushed by these two. Tragic...he leaves behind a four year old daughter that was the light of his life. Wayne never would have harmed anyone.
memphis

Memphis, TN

#3 Mar 12, 2010
thanks for what you said in posting wayne is my cousin and we are really missing him.
memphis

Memphis, TN

#4 Mar 12, 2010
thanks for your post wayne is my cousin and we will miss him
JINGER SUMMERTOWN-TN

AOL

#5 Mar 17, 2010
ITS SO TRAGIC ABOUT WAYNE CLEMONS. WAYNE AND I WERE FRIENDS FOR ALMOST 3 YEARS. IT WAS A HONOR TO KNOW HIM.I KNOW I SAW HIM EARLIER THAT SATURDAY BEFORE THE TRAGIC SITUATION. WAYNE WAS HAPPY AND TELLING ME HOW MUCH FUN HE HAD WITH HIS SWEET LITTLE GIRL THE NIGHT BEFORE. MARLIEGH WAS HIS EVERYTHING. WE ALL JUST HAVE TO REMEMBER THE GOOD MEMORIES AND TIMES WE WERE ABLE TO SPEND WITH HIM.HE WAS ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT HIS WONDERFUL FAMILY AND HOW WANTED TO SPEND MORE TIME WITH THEM. HE WILL BE MISSED. WE ALL NEED TO KEEP HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS IN OUR PRAYERS.
billy bob slob

Nashville, TN

#7 Mar 17, 2010
Tie these chicken &%#* Guys to a tree and let the Famlies and Friends beat them. Then send them to hard labor for life wthout parole, or just Exucuite them!

We are too easy on Crimnals especially repeat Offenders! That is why they keep commiting Crimes. You or your families could be next! Lack of parents is number one reason for Crimnals!
columbia native

Columbia, TN

#8 Mar 17, 2010
anybody heard how it went today in the court room?
JINGER SUMMERTOWN-TN

AOL

#9 Mar 20, 2010
columbia native wrote:
anybody heard how it went today in the court room?
I WAS GOING TO TELL YOU TO GO TO COLUMBIA DAILY HERALD.COM TO READ ABOUT IT. VERY SAD!!! TO ME THOSE GUYS THAT DID IT ARE HEARTLESS AND THEY ARE NOT SORRY. I GUESS THEY THOUGHT IT WAS ALL FUN AND GAMES. THEY SURE WERE BRAGGING ABOUT HOW THEY DID IT. MY PRAYERS GO TO THERE FAMILY AND FRIENDS. GOD BLESS
memphis

Memphis, TN

#10 Mar 20, 2010
wayne is my cousin , of course they would say its drugs wayne is not here to tell the truth.also if wayne had challenge him to a fight he would still be here. im just glad my grandparents are not here to see what happend to wayne but he is with them now. our whole family miss him very much.
JINGER SUMMERTOWN-TN

AOL

#11 Mar 20, 2010
memphis wrote:
wayne is my cousin , of course they would say its drugs wayne is not here to tell the truth.also if wayne had challenge him to a fight he would still be here. im just glad my grandparents are not here to see what happend to wayne but he is with them now. our whole family miss him very much.
IT DOESNT MATTER THE CASE OR CIRCUMSTANCES WERE AND THE BAD PEOPLE CAN BLAME IT ON WHATEVER IT MAY HAVE BEEN. IT SHOULD OF NEVER HAPPENED TO HIM OR NO ONE ELSE. I AM VERY SORRY TO HERE THAT IT WAS YOUR COUSIN. HE WAS A VERY SPECIAL PERSON TO ME AND ALOT OF OTHER PEOPLE. I ALWAYS HIM REMEMBERING HIM TALKING ABOUT HOW HE WANTED TO SEE HIS EXTENDED FAMILY. I WISH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY THE BEST. HE LIVED SUCH A SHORT LIFE. SORRY TO HERE THAT. I WILL TRY TO KEEP UP WITH THE POSTINGS AND THE COMMENTS. IF YOU EVER NEED TO TALK PLEASE EMAIL ME AT [email protected] AND I WILL GET BACK ASAP.I AM USING A COMPUTER AT SOME ONE ELSES HOUSE. GOD BLESS AND I PRAY FOR ALL OR YOU.
JINGER SUMMERTOWN-TN

AOL

#12 Mar 21, 2010
JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW TO THE FAMILY OF WAYNE. I WENT TO CHURCH TODAY AND GOT THE OIL ON ME AND STOOD IN FOR THE FAMILY OF WAYNE AND TO BLESS THEM AND GOD AND THERE ANGELS TO BE AROUND HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS. GOD BLESS
memphis

Memphis, TN

#13 Mar 21, 2010
thank you jinger of summertown this is wayne cousin im so greatful he had friends like you i was reading your comment that you seen him on that saturday how was he doing i just wished i knew he was in tn. i lived in memphis i could have seen him. did he talk about our family much. him and tonda and my sister sherri grew up togerther. thank you for all your kind words.
he knows

Jackson, TN

#14 Mar 21, 2010
Wayne was a wonderful father and good man! He loved his family, he was so proud of his Indian heritage. He spoke often of his grandpa. Give me a way to contact you.

Since: Apr 09

Gallatin, TN

#15 Mar 21, 2010
Sad as this is, more and more of this crap is going on everyday. The criminals just don't seem to be afraid of going to jail. A couple yearsand they will be back on the streets.

I agree with the other poster, tie them up and let the victims family beat them as long and as hard as they want to. Give them the same justice that they gave their victim. NONE!!!
memphis

Memphis, TN

#16 Mar 21, 2010
Wayne was a wonderful father and good man! He loved his family, he was so proud of his Indian heritage. He spoke often of his grandpa. Give me a way to contact you. WAYNE LOVED MY GRANDPA HE WAS A GREAT MAN . YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT [email protected] EMAIL ME AND I WILL GET YOU MY PHONE NUMBER
kenneth

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Mar 22, 2010
GOD bless the family,i feel the crime they commited is the way they should be punished,FAMILY HOLD ON TO,GODS UNCHANGING HAND.
he knows

Jackson, TN

#18 Mar 22, 2010
Thank you Kenneth. God is the only way we will get through this horrific time.
jinger

Columbia, TN

#19 Mar 22, 2010
memphis wrote:
thank you jinger of summertown this is wayne cousin im so greatful he had friends like you i was reading your comment that you seen him on that saturday how was he doing i just wished i knew he was in tn. i lived in memphis i could have seen him. did he talk about our family much. him and tonda and my sister sherri grew up togerther. thank you for all your kind words.
hey this jinger sorry it took so long to get back. i dont have a computer at home and i use one down the road when i can. he sure did talk about his family alot. he talked about how he loved his sisters and how he went with one of them to get his tattos on bill street. he was so pround, actually wayne and i got a tatto together. he got a trible on his arm, when he put his arms up they all lined up. they looked good. he was happy. i know he wanted to get his little girls in one of them. i got my little girls on mine as well. we had so much fun talking. we could talk about anything. i am so glad that i can share this info with you. if you every need to email me or talk feel free to email me at [email protected] sister lives in collierville and maybe sometime we can meet. by the way one of my fondest memories was when wayne was staying with his dad in AL. he got off work and drove all the way there lie an hour drive and it was my b-day and he was like what are you going to do and i said i guess just hang by myself and he came all the way back after driving there and working his 12 hours to hand with me and we went out to eat. had a good time. i felt like he was a brother to me. god bless and if you email me i will give you my no.and talk more or give me your email address. jinger
JINGER SUMMERTOWN-TN

AOL

#20 Mar 28, 2010
Just thinking of Wayne and his family!I have been praying for all of you all. I miss him so much and I know everyone else does as well. i am trying to find out the court date for those people that did such an awful crime. God Bless! Jinger
he knows

Jackson, TN

#21 Mar 29, 2010
Jinger that is so sweet of you. We all miss Wayne. Those guys will spend the rest of their lives in jail...hopefully someone's girlfreind!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lewisburg police officers 7 min Masonry 12
Loserburg Shooting 1 hr thereturn of some... 22
Best Neighborhood to Live in Spring Hill, TN? (Mar '08) 21 hr Ammygray 167
News Endangered Tennessee teen may be in the Decatur... Tue Marc 8
Rebel flag wavers get what they deserve in prison Mon shady 12
Where is Rinehart? Mon Jamie Rowe 3
Lewisburg is dead at night Mar 25 Heinrich 4

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance