Who do you support for Governor in Oh...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#31669 Jul 19, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>In a report released in January of 2014, Goldman Sachs Chief U.S. Economist noted that the strength in corporate profits is "Directly related to the weakness in hourly wages. Companies have discovered that precisely by keeping wages lower, They have been able to boost profits to record levels and fulfill their ultimate goal: Rewarding Shareholders."
Yep, those Democrats fight tooth and nail to keep wages suppressed. While the people who do absolutely nothing are making record profits. And enjoy those huge tax breaks that they have bought and paid for. The House GOPT scream about cutting spending, yet almost every thing they pass has even more revenue reducing amendments attached as favors for those same people.
www.usprig.org/news/usf/study-70-fortune-500-...
Obama wants businesses to raise pay. Here’s why they probably won’t listen.

January 29, 2014

Here’s the trouble with Obama's request. Companies have discovered that precisely by keeping wages lower, they have been able to boost profits to record levels and fulfill their ultimate goal: rewarding shareholders. In a report released earlier this month, Goldman Sachs chief U.S. chief economist Jan Hatzius noted that the strength in corporate profits is “directly related to the weakness in hourly wages.”

“The weakness of wages and the resulting strength of profits are telling signs that the U.S. labor market is still far from full employment,” Hatzius wrote.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#31670 Jul 19, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>In a report released in January of 2014, Goldman Sachs Chief U.S. Economist noted that the strength in corporate profits is "Directly related to the weakness in hourly wages. Companies have discovered that precisely by keeping wages lower, They have been able to boost profits to record levels and fulfill their ultimate goal: Rewarding Shareholders."
Yep, those Democrats fight tooth and nail to keep wages suppressed. While the people who do absolutely nothing are making record profits. And enjoy those huge tax breaks that they have bought and paid for. The House GOPT scream about cutting spending, yet almost every thing they pass has even more revenue reducing amendments attached as favors for those same people.
www.usprig.org/news/usf/study-70-fortune-500-...
Another thing those Liberal Democrats also approved NAFTA in 1993 too which Liberal Democrat Bill Clinton signed into law which are also the same Liberal Democrats along with Liberal Democrat Bill Clinton who granted China Most Favored Nation Trade Status in 1993 which proves those Liberals were for keeping wages suppressed here in the US plus Remember in 1993 the Democrats Controlled both the House of Representives and the Senate in 1993 which proves they are for Big Business and who benefits from Liberalism which Obamacare is another prime example of the shift of tax dollars to the Health Insurance Industry.

Statement on Most-Favored-Nation Trade Status for China
May 28, 1993

Yesterday the American people won a tremendous victory as a majority of the House of Representatives joined me in adopting our plan to revitalize America's economic future.
Today Members of Congress have joined me to announce a new chapter in United States policy toward China.

China occupies an important place in our Nation's foreign policy. It is the world's most populous state, its fastest growing major economy, and a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council. Its future will do much to shape the future of Asia, our security and trade relations in the Pacific, and a host of global issues from the environment to weapons proliferation. In short, our relationship with China is of very great importance.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/...

103rd United States Congress

Senate Majority: Democratic Party

House Majority: Democratic Party

Duration: January 3, 1993 – January 3, 1995

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/103rd_United_Sta...

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Liberals pro big business? The facts say it is so

Many liberals (aka progressives) like to say that the democratic party is the party of the people, and the republicans are the party of big corporations. This is what they want people to think, yet the opposite is true.

In fact, liberals are pro big business. They want fewer private businesses, because with few large corporations it's easier for liberals to tell these business owners what they want to hear, and then make laws that favor them, so that these progressives can slowly move forward their progressive agenda.

http://freadomnation.blogspot.com/2010/06/lib...
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#31671 Jul 19, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>In a report released in January of 2014, Goldman Sachs Chief U.S. Economist noted that the strength in corporate profits is "Directly related to the weakness in hourly wages. Companies have discovered that precisely by keeping wages lower, They have been able to boost profits to record levels and fulfill their ultimate goal: Rewarding Shareholders."
Yep, those Democrats fight tooth and nail to keep wages suppressed. While the people who do absolutely nothing are making record profits. And enjoy those huge tax breaks that they have bought and paid for. The House GOPT scream about cutting spending, yet almost every thing they pass has even more revenue reducing amendments attached as favors for those same people.
www.usprig.org/news/usf/study-70-fortune-500-...
People buy stocks for two reasons; to get a dividend, the higher the better, and to resell at a higher price. If both happen even better. Not a single person buys a stock in hopes of low or no dividends and selling it.at the same or lower price rhan was bought.
I want the companies I invest in to make large profits, that in turn makes gives larger dividends and higher selling price at some.point.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31672 Jul 19, 2014
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
People buy stocks for two reasons; to get a dividend, the higher the better, and to resell at a higher price. If both happen even better. Not a single person buys a stock in hopes of low or no dividends and selling it.at the same or lower price rhan was bought.
I want the companies I invest in to make large profits, that in turn makes gives larger dividends and higher selling price at some.point.
Liberals don't think like that. They think people base their investment choices on what company overpays their workers, less profitable, and is less competing in that line of work.

They constantly complain about Wal-Mart wages and so on, but who are Wal-Mart's customers? Wealthy conservative Republicans?

We can't have our cake and eat it too. We created this monster that we just can't stop. No one person or entity is to blame, we are all to blame.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#31673 Jul 19, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals don't think like that. They think people base their investment choices on what company overpays their workers, less profitable, and is less competing in that line of work.
They constantly complain about Wal-Mart wages and so on, but who are Wal-Mart's customers? Wealthy conservative Republicans?
We can't have our cake and eat it too. We created this monster that we just can't stop. No one person or entity is to blame, we are all to blame.
You are wrong. Liberals think that living in a society demands decisions to be made on a greater moral basis than maximum profit.
half breed

Van Wert, OH

#31674 Jul 19, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals don't think like that. They think people base their investment choices on what company overpays their workers, less profitable, and is less competing in that line of work.
They constantly complain about Wal-Mart wages and so on, but who are Wal-Mart's customers? Wealthy conservative Republicans?
We can't have our cake and eat it too. We created this monster that we just can't stop. No one person or entity is to blame, we are all to blame.
I don't ever shop at Wal Mart because it's mostly filled with cheap, Chinese made sh!t. I wouldn't give them any tax breaks either. F@ck the tax dodging "job creators". If unemployment is really so bad, we need to replace them with more competent individuals.
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31675 Jul 19, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. Liberals think that living in a society demands decisions to be made on a greater moral basis than maximum profit.
Oh, so liberals invest that way? They don't care about how much money they make, only that the companies they invest in have a "greater moral basis?"

Come on now.........
half breed

Van Wert, OH

#31676 Jul 19, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. Liberals think that living in a society demands decisions to be made on a greater moral basis than maximum profit.
You're trying to talk sense into an uneducated diabetic has-been who refuses to get insurance because he's still mad about a "wild man mulatto" becoming president...
half breed

Van Wert, OH

#31677 Jul 19, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so liberals invest that way? They don't care about how much money they make, only that the companies they invest in have a "greater moral basis?"
Come on now.........
Reading comprehension problems? How unusual for an uneducated trucker...
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31678 Jul 19, 2014
half breed wrote:
<quoted text>Reading comprehension problems? How unusual for an uneducated trucker...
Right, and with your education, you can only afford to live in Van Fart Ohio with no job.

Go away little girl before somebody steals your spot under the bridge.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#31679 Jul 19, 2014
half breed wrote:
<quoted text>I don't ever shop at Wal Mart because it's mostly filled with cheap, Chinese made sh!t. I wouldn't give them any tax breaks either. F@ck the tax dodging "job creators". If unemployment is really so bad, we need to replace them with more competent individuals.
Liberal Democrats in Congress including Senate Majority Leader George Mitchell(D) of Maine, Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi(D) of California and POTUS Bill Clinton didnt feel that way and were honored to be joined by representatives of the business community here in the US as stated by Liberal Democrat Bill Clinton in his statement regarding granting China Most-Favored-Nation Trade Status in 1993.

Statement on Most-Favored-Nation Trade Status for China

May 28, 1993

Yesterday the American people won a tremendous victory as a majority of the House of Representatives joined me in adopting our plan to revitalize America's economic future.
Today Members of Congress have joined me to announce a new chapter in United States policy toward China.

China occupies an important place in our Nation's foreign policy. It is the world's most populous state, its fastest growing major economy, and a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council. Its future will do much to shape the future of Asia, our security and trade relations in the Pacific, and a host of global issues from the environment to weapons proliferation. In short, our relationship with China is of very great importance.

Unfortunately, over the past 4 years our Nation spoke with a divided voice when it came to China. Americans were outraged by the killing of prodemocracy demonstrators at Tiananmen Square in June of 1989. Congress was determined to have our Nation's stance toward China reflect our outrage. Yet twice after Congress voted to place conditions on our favorable trade rules toward China, so-called most-favored-nation status, those conditions were vetoed. The annual battles between Congress and the Executive divided our foreign policy and weakened our approach over China.

It is time that a unified American policy recognize both the value of China and the values of America. Starting today, the United States will speak with one voice on China policy. We no longer have an executive branch policy and a congressional policy. We have an American policy.

I am happy to have with me today key congressional leaders on this issue. I am also honored to be joined by representatives of the business community and several distinguished Chinese student leaders. Their presence here is a tangible symbol of the unity of our purpose. I particularly want to recognize Senate Majority Leader George Mitchell of Maine and Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi of California. Their tireless dedication to the cause of freedom in China has given voice to our collective concerns. I intend to continue working closely with Congress as we pursue our China policy.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/...

103rd United States Congress

Duration: January 3, 1993 – January 3, 1995

Senate Majority: Democratic Party

House Majority: Democratic Party

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/103rd_United_Sta...
half breed

Van Wert, OH

#31680 Jul 19, 2014
I can't wait for xxxMcVeigh's witty retort. Will he use his trusty Half-a-Hardon "insult", or his lameass Van Fart "joke"? The suspense is killing me...
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#31681 Jul 19, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so liberals invest that way? They don't care about how much money they make, only that the companies they invest in have a "greater moral basis?"
Come on now.........
Smart people know that most decisions don't come down to absolutes. Given a choice between Costco and Wal-Mart, I invest in Costco. I don't invest in tobacco companies. Remember the 80's when liberals divested from companies that did business with South Africa and contributed to the end of apartheid? Some people actually believe there are things more important than grabbing every last buck.
half breed

Van Wert, OH

#31682 Jul 19, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, and with your education, you can only afford to live in Van Fart Ohio with no job.
Go away little girl before somebody steals your spot under the bridge.
LOL
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#31683 Jul 19, 2014
half breed wrote:
<quoted text>You're trying to talk sense into an uneducated diabetic has-been who refuses to get insurance because he's still mad about a "wild man mulatto" becoming president...
I know. Sometimes I can't help but try.
half breed

Van Wert, OH

#31684 Jul 19, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, and with your education, you can only afford to live in Van Fart Ohio with no job.
Again, I have a better job than you, AND probably a better education.
Oh, and of course my town is struggling, it's controlled by greedy Republicans...
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#31685 Jul 19, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>Where are they getting the money from for the shutdown, bogus political scandals and now a lawsuit from?
It has been arguably proven that the sequester actually saved money, it had too, after so many programs were frozen. Obama even closed the WWII memorial which was built & cared for by only private funds. Closed the WH tours & said that it was because the Secret Service couldn't man it even tho many multimillionaires & billionaires pledged to fund it a week at a time each which Obama refused. Talk about politics!
And as far as the "bogus scandals" as you & others put it, that's for the courts to decide. With the same funds that prosecuted Nixon, Reagan, & Clinton. Plus numerous senators & congress members over the years & in the future.
Are you implying that lawful investigations should be paid for with Monopoly play money?
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31686 Jul 19, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Smart people know that most decisions don't come down to absolutes. Given a choice between Costco and Wal-Mart, I invest in Costco. I don't invest in tobacco companies. Remember the 80's when liberals divested from companies that did business with South Africa and contributed to the end of apartheid? Some people actually believe there are things more important than grabbing every last buck.
Of course you would invest in Costco. Their market shares are up and they're doing just fine. But what if their market share was half of Wal-Marts and you had a good chunk of dough for investments? I don't think so.

Sure, if you have a choice between two investments producing around the same profit, you might want to consider other factors about the business, but the profit has to be there first.

Most Americans put the almighty dollar over anything else. That's why Wal-Mart is number one today. People get their cheap Chinese products for less than they pay at other stores. They don't care about the lowly floor washer or the minimum wage shelf stocker, they care about getting as much as they can for the amount of money they are limited to spend.

Will Wal-Mart ever change? They would if the attitude of their customers changed, but that's not going to happen anytime soon. We will not support all these good jobs that give us higher priced goods.

It's not that I agree with that attitude, but it is the mood of America right now and has been for years. As for myself, I believe in supporting American businesses if possible. When I make a purchase, if given the choice, I purchase products from our customers. Why? Because our customers give me work.
d pantz

Detroit, MI

#31687 Jul 19, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrEvErong. Liberals think that living in a society demands decisions to be made on a greater moral basis than maximum profit.
good thing you've finally realized Obama and most democrats aren't "Liberals" and that your whole "liberal" persona is an impotent Rage because you're ready to lap up the economic "recovery" as a victory for the president and the "middle class". http://billmoyers.com/2014/07/15/capitalism%E...
So much for your moral justification.
d pantz

Detroit, MI

#31688 Jul 19, 2014
half breed wrote:
<quoted text>Again, I have a better job than you, AND probably a better education.
Oh, and of course my town is struggling, it's controlled by greedy Republicans...
You're an abortion doctor, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Station Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John Zalic, BOTTOM FEEDER Jun 23 Casimer Nowakowski 2
Attorney John Zalic , Worthless Jun 23 Casimer Nowakowski 2
Animal Planet Investigates Petland (May '10) Jun 15 Smoozie Q 38
News Obituaries 10/26/11 (Nov '11) Jun 12 Roger Terri 44
Russell James Holt (RJ) May '15 vicious 1
The Harell Clan - Drug Dealers all week - Open ... May '15 reader1 2
News Local Woman Dies After Jumping From Moving Car ... (Oct '09) May '15 Family 60
More from around the web

Columbia Station People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Columbia Station Mortgages