Canton

Canton, OH

#27861 Apr 26, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The actions of all our bureaucracies and agencies are the responsibility of the President. These actions are what the people on Fox along with conservatives elsewhere were against. Nobody canonized Bundy and many have stated he did indeed broke the law.
Given the fact that Democrats promote hate in order to win elections, they quickly jumped on Bundy's comments and are trying like hell to associate him with the Republicans and conservatives. In the end however, I believe it will be a black eye for the Democrats come election time. BTW, where is PETA in all this? The needless slaughter of cattle to get even with a government foe? Tsk, tsk. Those hypocritical liberal groups.
Ahhhh first we divert to Obama, now to PETA huh? Typical rightwing tactic. Did Bundy break the law for years and years? Did every armed hillbilly that came to his aide support a criminal and his criminal activity? Is it honorable for men to put their unarmed women on the front lines and then hide behind them with assault rifles? Is it okay with you what he said about "the negro" being better off as a slave? Keep treading water, good buddy. Pay no attention to your twisted ideals slowly sinking into the history of America. Strange, no comment from you about Fox News making a criminal their little conservative darling and then tossing him under the bus when he revealed the Tea Bagger Conservatives true feelings. Hoohaaaa look at all them Tea Baggers trying to explain what he "really" meant to say.

So Obama the "tyrant" get's affordable health care for every American and it's the end of the civilized world to you guys but let a hillbilly criminal millionaire leech off taxpaying citizens and then watch the Tea Baggers use unarmed woman as human shields...you guys say okie dokie. He's your hero. My hero took out the number one terrorist on the planet. Yours? Uses woman as human shields.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27862 Apr 26, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhhh first we divert to Obama, now to PETA huh? Typical rightwing tactic. Did Bundy break the law for years and years? Did every armed hillbilly that came to his aide support a criminal and his criminal activity? Is it honorable for men to put their unarmed women on the front lines and then hide behind them with assault rifles? Is it okay with you what he said about "the negro" being better off as a slave? Keep treading water, good buddy. Pay no attention to your twisted ideals slowly sinking into the history of America. Strange, no comment from you about Fox News making a criminal their little conservative darling and then tossing him under the bus when he revealed the Tea Bagger Conservatives true feelings. Hoohaaaa look at all them Tea Baggers trying to explain what he "really" meant to say.
So Obama the "tyrant" get's affordable health care for every American and it's the end of the civilized world to you guys but let a hillbilly criminal millionaire leech off taxpaying citizens and then watch the Tea Baggers use unarmed woman as human shields...you guys say okie dokie. He's your hero. My hero took out the number one terrorist on the planet. Yours? Uses woman as human shields.
You don't read so well. I stated that yes, Bundy broke the law, but you don't send out swat teams, dogs, men armed with machine guns, helicopters over a tax disagreement. That's not the way to handle such a situation. And yes, I did comment on what some of the hosts on Fox said as well.

Besides, it's not Fox that made Bundy their conservative darling, it's MSM that did it. See, conservatives are not like liberals. They have some integrity. When they think something is good, they say so. If they think something is bad, they say so. This is very unlike liberals who never said a bad thing about DumBama no matter how awful of a job he's doing. He could nuke Canada today and I bet over half of the liberals would support him and the other half would try to blame the Republicans.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#27863 Apr 26, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>

You started off pounding XXX but then you changed the subject too. The jury is still out one the ACA being 'affordable' in any thing but name only. I am not saying that it is or isn't....yet. It can't possibly be Affordable for everyone when the youth, that used to pay less, must now pay more, much more than before to cover the aged, infirmed, & pre-existing condition people plus abortions & birth control for all so to speak. That is NOT a secret.
I also don't know that the 'hillbilly' is a millionaire either in any sort of 'net' fashion. I am not sure where the heck that claim came from. But it was NOT the 'hillbilly' that wanted to put women & children out front. I forget his name, but every report that I heard on TV & radio or read in print or electronics stated that a retired police chief made that statement.
And YOUR 'hero' gave the okey-dokey for special forces to pull the trigger on Bin Laden because they were following a plan established by your 'hero's' predecessor. Obama was NOT there in person. Lets be honest & real about that.
Canton

Canton, OH

#27864 Apr 26, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't read so well. I stated that yes, Bundy broke the law, but you don't send out swat teams, dogs, men armed with machine guns, helicopters over a tax disagreement. That's not the way to handle such a situation. And yes, I did comment on what some of the hosts on Fox said as well.
Besides, it's not Fox that made Bundy their conservative darling, it's MSM that did it. See, conservatives are not like liberals. They have some integrity. When they think something is good, they say so. If they think something is bad, they say so. This is very unlike liberals who never said a bad thing about DumBama no matter how awful of a job he's doing. He could nuke Canada today and I bet over half of the liberals would support him and the other half would try to blame the Republicans.
That explains the numerous times that Bundy was on Fox's Hannity...MSM. How about a heroine dealer, who is also breaking federal law, brings in a bunch of other heroine dealers with assault rifles to defend their criminal behavior and used women as human shields when the Feds come to rightfully arrest them. Toss in a little "they don't recognize the United States government". Are they conservative heroes? Why not? Tell me what's the difference? Federal law is Federal law. Both broke it.
Canton

Canton, OH

#27865 Apr 26, 2014
Let me guess. You guys are Waco nuts. That is, you defend a gun hoarding cult lead by an Evangelical psycho, who molested children and who thought he was Jesus. You side with that guy when the Feds come in to rightfully kick their well armed asses...right? Oh you "Patriots" and your real agenda.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27866 Apr 26, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
That explains the numerous times that Bundy was on Fox's Hannity...MSM. How about a heroine dealer, who is also breaking federal law, brings in a bunch of other heroine dealers with assault rifles to defend their criminal behavior and used women as human shields when the Feds come to rightfully arrest them. Toss in a little "they don't recognize the United States government". Are they conservative heroes? Why not? Tell me what's the difference? Federal law is Federal law. Both broke it.
The difference is that heroine dealers are much more likely to be violent because the police are coming to haul them to jail. Nobody was trying to arrest Bundy. They went there to kidnap his cattle.Big difference.

A better comparison is that you don't have health insurance, so the IRS "taxes" you. You don't pay the tax and then they come to your house armed to the gill and physically threaten you.

Just because Bundy was on Hannity doesn't mean a thing. Hannity is a talk show host and has lots of people on his show. That's how you get ratings. I don't watch Hannity so I don't know what their exchange was about. I do watch Bill O'Reilly and I can honestly say that I haven't seen Bundy on his show, nor has Bill O said Bundy was in his legal rights.

http://mediamatters.org/video/2014/04/25/orei...
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#27867 Apr 26, 2014
In my opinion, where the Feds went wrong with Cliven Bundy was that the typical M.O. for ANYONE behind on their taxes or debts would be to put a lien on their home, car, property, factory equipment, livestock, bank account or attach their pay check. Which ever is applicable.
They do NOT show up with literally hundreds of agents, swat teams, snipers & repo agents. They just consfiscate any payment for any thing that you sell or transfer & then draw your butt into court for any difference.
The Feds clearly failed to do this in Bundy's case for YEARS & then over reacted after they fell behind on normal procedures.
Just another example of both the inefficiency & strong handedness of government in this country.
From what I can tell, the feds are owed $$ but the way they handled the entire situation is/was totally wrong!!
They behaved as though they have complete immunity & that they do NOT have to follow lawful procedure as has been done historically.
They could have arrested & jailed Bundy with a warrant instead of spending a million dollars doing it all wrong.
Some government official(s) needs to be fired but instead, like the IRS, someone will get a 'performance' bonus instead.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27868 Apr 27, 2014
Pops wrote:
In my opinion, where the Feds went wrong with Cliven Bundy was that the typical M.O. for ANYONE behind on their taxes or debts would be to put a lien on their home, car, property, factory equipment, livestock, bank account or attach their pay check. Which ever is applicable.
They do NOT show up with literally hundreds of agents, swat teams, snipers & repo agents. They just consfiscate any payment for any thing that you sell or transfer & then draw your butt into court for any difference.
The Feds clearly failed to do this in Bundy's case for YEARS & then over reacted after they fell behind on normal procedures.
Just another example of both the inefficiency & strong handedness of government in this country.
From what I can tell, the feds are owed $$ but the way they handled the entire situation is/was totally wrong!!
They behaved as though they have complete immunity & that they do NOT have to follow lawful procedure as has been done historically.
They could have arrested & jailed Bundy with a warrant instead of spending a million dollars doing it all wrong.
Some government official(s) needs to be fired but instead, like the IRS, someone will get a 'performance' bonus instead.
It's the IRS that's supposed to handle situations like this. I guess the IRS is too busy figuring out who has health insurance and who doesn't, so they sent these BLM guys out to get Bundy.

That's the way it is in this country today. If you are a hard working person, the government comes out to get you. If you sit home taking advantage of every social program available even though you are mentally and physically capable of working, they figure out more ways to get you free stuff.

If this were a liberal guy and the administration Republican, we would be hearing how the conservatives have a war on old people. Go figure.
Cliven Bundy

Akron, OH

#27869 Apr 27, 2014
I's got a "Goverbent subsidy" on grazing land -$ 1.35 a cow & calf AND STILL WOULDN'T PAYS MY BILL! I'M THE FIRST "BLACK" RANCHER IN NEVADA!!! I's LOVE OBAMMY!
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#27870 Apr 27, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is that heroine dealers are much more likely to be violent because the police are coming to haul them to jail. Nobody was trying to arrest Bundy. They went there to kidnap his cattle.Big difference.
Heroine dealers huh? Where can I find one of those? That would be pretty cool if I could just make a call and have one show up.

And kidnapping cattle? I wasn't aware that one could kidnap an animal.

Now I'm beginning to see why someone called Columbus Topix a "resource".

I learn something new every day here.

woof
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27872 Apr 27, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one poster here who's posts are so painfully stupid, so obviously misinformed and so inexplicably self assured that I can't force myself to read them to completion.
Then scroll right past them. Nobody wants to hear from you anyway.
Sam

Akron, OH

#27874 Apr 27, 2014
PEACE be with you.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#27875 Apr 27, 2014
Pops wrote:
In my opinion, where the Feds went wrong with Cliven Bundy was that the typical M.O. for ANYONE behind on their taxes or debts would be to put a lien on their home, car, property, factory equipment, livestock, bank account or attach their pay check.
Fall behind on your car payments, and a repo man will come and take back your car. Park your car on private property and it will be physically removed and held until you pay your penalties. These actions can also lead to confrontations, sometimes. A lien is ineffective until the person tries to transfer the property.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#27876 Apr 27, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It's the IRS that's supposed to handle situations like this.
I can't understand your reasoning. What does this case have to do with taxes?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27877 Apr 27, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't understand your reasoning. What does this case have to do with taxes?
Grazing fees are taxes, at least that's the term many in the media are using.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27878 Apr 27, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Fall behind on your car payments, and a repo man will come and take back your car. Park your car on private property and it will be physically removed and held until you pay your penalties. These actions can also lead to confrontations, sometimes. A lien is ineffective until the person tries to transfer the property.
Your'e comparing private property to public land. Nobody repo's a car or removes a car from a parking facility armed with a machine gun.

The issue is not government taking action against Bundy, it's the type of action they took that's concerning.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27880 Apr 27, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times were they supposed to say "pretty please get your cattle off our land" before doing something about it?
How would you feel if you didn't pay your property or income tax and they came to your door the way they approached Bundy? You'd be okay with that?

Of course you would. You're a liberal.
Canton

Canton, OH

#27881 Apr 27, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
A better comparison is that you don't have health insurance, so the IRS "taxes" you. You don't pay the tax and then they come to your house armed to the gill and physically threaten you.
Just because Bundy was on Hannity doesn't mean a thing. Hannity is a talk show host and has lots of people on his show. That's how you get ratings. I don't watch Hannity so I don't know what their exchange was about. I do watch Bill O'Reilly and I can honestly say that I haven't seen Bundy on his show, nor has Bill O said Bundy was in his legal rights.
http://mediamatters.org/video/2014/04/25/orei...
So unlike the heroine dealers, the armed people who showed up to support an old millionaire breaking the law for 20 years were there with their rifles to spread a message of peace...right? Bundy was on Hannity for 5 days in a row. You know, typical talk show stuff where they have the same guest on over and over again, day after day. How about all the law abiding citizens who paid their grazing fees? How's come they have the money to uphold their part but the millionaire racist rancher in Nevada is above all that and doesn't have to abide by the rules. I know. Why don't we all pick and choose which Federal Laws we want to follow and we can all line up women and hide behind them with assault rifles if we don't want to obey one of them. Seems like a productive society...right?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#27883 Apr 27, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
So unlike the heroine dealers, the armed people who showed up to support an old millionaire breaking the law for 20 years were there with their rifles to spread a message of peace...right? Bundy was on Hannity for 5 days in a row. You know, typical talk show stuff where they have the same guest on over and over again, day after day. How about all the law abiding citizens who paid their grazing fees? How's come they have the money to uphold their part but the millionaire racist rancher in Nevada is above all that and doesn't have to abide by the rules. I know. Why don't we all pick and choose which Federal Laws we want to follow and we can all line up women and hide behind them with assault rifles if we don't want to obey one of them. Seems like a productive society...right?
From what I understand, Bundy is one of the last ranchers out there because of these grazing fees. What you on the left don't understand is that it's the little guy that eventually pays these taxes anyway. All costs that producers have to endure gets passed down to us in the form or product or service that they sell. It's what I've been telling you all along when it comes to this pollution crap that we have to use in our trucks these days. We have to keep increasing our rates, our customers have to increase the price of their products to cover these increasing costs, and it all gets paid by the consumer.

Now when it comes to the Bundy situation, who showed up with firearms first, Bundy or the government?

As I discussed earlier, I had to evict a family of four from one of my apartments for not paying rent last October. I didn't approach them with a gun, I posted an eviction notice on their door. Then I had to go to court three times to resolve the matter. They finally moved out the day the city was going to come here and throw them out. Now I'm in the process of wage garnishment and it's going to take me nearly the rest of the year to get what they owe me if my former tenant doesn't quit his job first, and a good chunk of that money is because I could not change the locks and kick them out immediately. I had to do what the law said which was go through the process. That's the way we do things in this country whether we like it or not.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#27887 Apr 27, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I understand, Bundy is one of the last ranchers out there because of these grazing fees.
"Wouldn't it be nice if we could all make up our own laws? Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy has been doing that for 20 years, running his cattle on federal lands and refusing to pay the grazing fees that thousands of other ranchers do because he refuses to recognize the federal government's ownership."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2014/04...

Note that "thousands of other ranchers" DO pay grazing fees.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Station Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cut screen interpreted as attempted break in: O... Sep 14 BLB 1
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 13 They cannot kill ... 191
Animal Planet Investigates Petland (May '10) Sep 3 Julie 27
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Aug '14 gary 2,230
Review: North Ridge Christian Life Church (Jan '13) Jul '14 Don 23
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul '14 They cannot kill ... 230
Donald and Terry Johnson (Jan '14) Jul '14 Old classmate and... 15
•••
•••
•••

Columbia Station Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Columbia Station People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE