Mom: Officer Shot Kittens In Front Of My Kids

Jun 12, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WFMY 2 Greensboro

The Ohio Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals wants Humane Officer Barry Accorti fired for allegedly shooting five kittens in a home's back yard on Monday.

Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Nov 22, 2013
TBS

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

so the officer's actions in shooting kittens were justified and approved .. what's next, if kids are trespassing on a complaintant's property, will it be appropriate to take the children tie ropes around their necks, and hang them in a nearby tree..

..this is absurd ..
Mark

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

This adult man with a gun,a supposed humane officer takes it out and shoots 5 little kittens?

Then the chief tries to say it was justified. I'd be a little scared having a guy like that not only working for the humane society but having a gun. The whole thing is sad and bizarre.

I think the chief needs to question his actions instead of excusing them.

LJay

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

You should be ashamed of yourselves. And the pathetic justification....you should be ashamed of that as well.
no name

Spencer, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

TBS wrote:
so the officer's actions in shooting kittens were justified and approved .. what's next, if kids are trespassing on a complaintant's property, will it be appropriate to take the children tie ropes around their necks, and hang them in a nearby tree..
..this is absurd ..
what even is more stupid is feeding the kittens if u put food out they will stay its like the deer if u put food out they will stay so don't put food out stupid people they don't want the animals around but they feed them duhhh where there brains
Disgusted

Sevierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

So Mayor, all eyes are upon you. The police here obviously cannot be entrusted to police their own therefore it is up to you to fire Accorti. Humane officer,? Please, that is an oxymoron. No reasonable and sensible person does this.
Its the Law

Elyria, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

The kids learned some facts of life. Trespass & you pay the price!
Marcia

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2013

Judged:

Its the Law wrote:
The kids learned some facts of life. Trespass & you pay the price!
"Trespass & you pay the price"! Are you even kidding me? You are an idiot! If a "trained" retired police officer cannot figure out a way to deal with 5 kittens, he needs to find a new job. I am a 59 year old widow, NOT trained and have been trapping and socializing feral kittens for some time now. Kittens are easy to socialize. I do it in a matter of days. If this "trained" officer cannot figure out to handle kittens without shooting them, he needs to quit and find another job. Seriously!!!
carpoolyou

Somerdale, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

if you shoot someone's kittens that's like theft shoot your own kittens..
carpoolyou

Somerdale, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

my television rolled into the wrong territory so it got shot..
carpoolyou

Somerdale, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Actually i would shoot the television.. there might be something inside of it..
Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

fire the monster - sign petition here:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/171/076/186/fi...
Carol New Zealand

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Judged:

no name wrote:
<quoted text>what even is more stupid is feeding the kittens if u put food out they will stay its like the deer if u put food out they will stay so don't put food out stupid people they don't want the animals around but they feed them duhhh where there brains
It isn't as simple as just not feeding them. These are stray (homeless) cats, not feral cats. If an animal is desperately hungry and there is little chance it will be able to find food itself, we should help it. This is what makes us human, otherwise we may as well consider ourselves uncivilised savages. Stray cats and dogs do not want to be homeless and it is humans who are responsible for the problem. The pet trade is a lucrative industry where everyone profits except the animal, which is too often seen as nothing more than just another commodity to be discarded when no longer wanted. The solution is to fix the problem where it begins, with the mass breeding and sale of companion animals. Start by banning pet stores from selling them, meanwhile treat the homeless and discarded ones with compassion. It is not their fault~!
no name

Millersburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2013

Carol New Zealand wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't as simple as just not feeding them. These are stray (homeless) cats, not feral cats. If an animal is desperately hungry and there is little chance it will be able to find food itself, we should help it. This is what makes us human, otherwise we may as well consider ourselves uncivilised savages. Stray cats and dogs do not want to be homeless and it is humans who are responsible for the problem. The pet trade is a lucrative industry where everyone profits except the animal, which is too often seen as nothing more than just another commodity to be discarded when no longer wanted. The solution is to fix the problem where it begins, with the mass breeding and sale of companion animals. Start by banning pet stores from selling them, meanwhile treat the homeless and discarded ones with compassion. It is not their fault~!
im saying if u don't want the animals around move the wood pile so thers no more shelter and don't put food out they will look somewhere else to eat but don't complain if u don't use your brains
Strongsville Resident

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Had to be some pretty mouthy kids acting all trailer trash and out of line to provoke a former officer. I hope a lesson was learned.

Caruthersville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2013

Mark wrote:
This adult man with a gun,a supposed humane officer takes it out and shoots 5 little kittens?
Then the chief tries to say it was justified. I'd be a little scared having a guy like that not only working for the humane society but having a gun. The whole thing is sad and bizarre.
I think the chief needs to question his actions instead of excusing them.
Come election time vote the police chief out of office.
What part of "humane" does the humane officer and the pole-cat police chief not understand??
Kerry

Ladson, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2013

The reason he did that was to instil fear and submission to authority. It's the same song being played all over the country, "we can do whatever we feel and you will submit" teach your kids about their constitutional rights and limit any contact with the "authorities" and your kids will fair better. Don't believe me? That's fine but remember, people only do to you what you allow them to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbia Station Discussions

Search the Columbia Station Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr d pantz 29,467
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) 8 hr Anonymous of Indy 2,226
Review: North Ridge Christian Life Church (Jan '13) Jul 28 Don 23
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 23 They cannot kill a Spook 231
Donald and Terry Johnson (Jan '14) Jul 20 Old classmate and friend 15
1119 Deitsch resignation nov 19 2013 at board m... Jul 16 FP parent 1
pelosi is wrong and raping womens choices Jul 11 tommorrow 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbia Station Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••