Exotic-animal owner died an exotic de...

Exotic-animal owner died an exotic death | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 55 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jul 13, 2011, titled Exotic-animal owner died an exotic death | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A pathologist says a northeast Ohio exotic-animal keeper found dead in his waterbed was face down, tied with bondage restraints and had obstructions over his nose and mouth.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

True freak

Wooster, OH

#24 Jul 13, 2011
Sorry the guy is dead, but...WOW! What a freak! On so many levels...
Blame the Editors

Wooster, OH

#25 Jul 13, 2011
jo jo wrote:
very poor story writing. the writer of this story should be talked to and put on temporary unpaid leave for a couple of months. maybe with the time off he can collect his thoughts and learn how to describe his next story more professionally.
Actually, if you have a beef with the story, it should be the editors with whom your quarrel exists.

Writers/reporters only write. They do not decide what gets in the paper, nor its final form.

Editors, like television producers, are the gatekeepers in the process -- not the individuals who create the articles.

“aggrivated editor”

Since: Apr 11

Newark

#26 Jul 13, 2011
True freak wrote:
Sorry the guy is dead, but...WOW! What a freak! On so many levels...
what r u a missionary?
abc

Dublin, OH

#27 Jul 13, 2011
I found the article helpful. Wife said she wanted to "spice" things up, so had her read this. Now she claims she's happy with the status quo. Go figure.
Good question

Columbus, OH

#28 Jul 13, 2011
Technically Right wrote:
I say report all the facts, what kind of toy was it?
Well my money is on a ball gag, likely red!
Whose the deviate

Columbus, OH

#29 Jul 13, 2011
Why is this person a deviate? Because he had a fetish? The deviate is the writer/editor who published this story. There are many people out there that would be considered social outcasts if their lifestyles or preferences were known. It's nobody's business but the people involved. As adults we are allowed to do whatever floats our boats. It's taken decades for the gays/lesbians to be accepted for who they are, what about swingers/swappers? When will they get their turn and be accepted for who they are? People who complain or disagree are jealous because they can't be upfront and honest about their feelings or desires and hide them away. This has nothing to do with morales, so shut up already. It's not how people are raised either. It's who they are and they've accepted the fact that they do not fit in with the "social norm" and frankly could care less if they ever do. So your opinion or judgment of them means nothing. They actually have better morals than most 'normal' people because lying, cheating and stealing just isn't a part of their 'standards' of living or their morals. Just my 2 cents
L Flynt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should we as a society gloss over the truth about deviates? Perhaps this is one reason that we seem to be increasing becoming a society of deviates and degenerates.
just saying

Columbus, OH

#30 Jul 13, 2011
Good Luck with that! I feel badly for you that you don't have a better relationship with her and/or that she's not willing to "really" spice things up and only talks about it. Same old vanilla ice cream gets boring without the 'toppings'. I still like my plain old vanilla, but I enjoy the toppings once in a while too! wink wink
abc wrote:
I found the article helpful. Wife said she wanted to "spice" things up, so had her read this. Now she claims she's happy with the status quo. Go figure.
Whatever

Grove City, OH

#31 Jul 13, 2011
L Flynt wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should we as a society gloss over the truth about deviates? Perhaps this is one reason that we seem to be increasing becoming a society of deviates and degenerates.
Perhaps the reason is because there is a witch hunt going on right now about criminalizing so-called "deviant" behavior. The puritanical crowd (like you) need to stop treating sexual behaviors as if they are all criminal behaviors. Sex is one of the most natural activities there is. Yet puritan nut jobs like you want to call anyone who enjoys it a "deviant".
FBO

Fremont, CA

#33 Jul 13, 2011
The Dispatch is the National Enquirer and Ohio is a garden full of freaks. The two go hand in hand.
The Bear Facts

Bristol, PA

#34 Jul 13, 2011
Hopefully no animals were harmed during this little episode.

Since: Mar 11

Columbus, OH

#35 Jul 13, 2011
Barrack wrote:
We need a law requiring a background check before sex toys can be bought! also and added tax, along with a law to control carrying a sex toy! Apparently these toys are as deadly as exhotic animals.
And they should have to take a CPR class before purchasing - dude might be alive today....
Paul

Kingsport, TN

#36 Jul 13, 2011
No free nuttin wrote:
The Dispatch has sunk so low as a "newspaper" that this "article" comes has no surprise. Isn't there anyone left at that rag with a shred of decency or honesty?
Yet, you continue to read and reply!?!
Paul

Kingsport, TN

#37 Jul 13, 2011
FBO wrote:
The Dispatch is the National Enquirer and Ohio is a garden full of freaks. The two go hand in hand.
Says the Freak Boy from Oz, that being CA.
Grove City Grump

Columbus, OH

#38 Jul 13, 2011
L Flynt wrote:
<quoted text>
Name your pleasure.
Mike

Columbus, OH

#39 Jul 13, 2011
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone with a shread of class, thats who.
Obviously not You
Not me. Nor the guy who died strapped to a bed with a rubber ball in his mouth and a feather in his ****

Since: May 11

Columbus, OH

#40 Jul 13, 2011
Carradine Style!!!
There's worse ways to go...
CSD

Nashport, OH

#41 Jul 13, 2011
Now I didn't need to read that....
dont ask dont smell

Dublin, OH

#42 Jul 13, 2011
Too bad it's summer...This story would have kids using the Dispatch NIE (Newspapers in Education) raising their hands asking all kinds of questions!
Pfff

Columbus, OH

#43 Jul 13, 2011
This is why you should always use the Buddy System with a safe word.
Dan Gleesack

Columbus, OH

#44 Jul 13, 2011
Jeez, show some class there Dispatch.
Did you really have to go there? I'd expect to read this in News of the Weird, not "Ohio's Greatest Home Newspaper".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Station Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Harell Clan - Drug Dealers all week - Open ... (May '15) Jan 30 Phil 6
new stadium Jan '17 another neighbor 1
News Drunk man claims FBI bugged his tooth; wanted w... Dec '16 Tara Biddulph 1
Lights on Saddlebrook Ln Dec '16 Neighbor 1
Review: Patient First - John Kavlich MD (May '09) Oct '16 Chrissy 65
white trash in columbia station= midview area (Jan '14) Mar '16 MIDVIEW MIDDIE 1974 3
Cowardly Thomas Truelson (Mar '13) Mar '15 Secrets 3

Columbia Station Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Station Mortgages