Exotic-animal owner died an exotic death | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

A pathologist says a northeast Ohio exotic-animal keeper found dead in his waterbed was face down, tied with bondage restraints and had obstructions over his nose and mouth.
Comments
1 - 20 of 55 Comments Last updated Jul 18, 2011
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
wastherethen

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

Two points -

The explicit description in the article is both unnecessary and inappropriate, expecially given that AP and newspapers in general still refuse to publish in their entirety "offensive" words in highly newsworthy situations.

The headline is somewhat misleading - it would be more accurate to say it was an "erotic" death.
Really

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

What a terrible way to be remembered. I wish I could officially Apologize to the poor family and friends who have this story published as a final memory of the deceased. Thanks to the Dispatch, which has no class in reporting this "story".
Lauri

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

Fitting end. No private owners for exotic pets!!!!!
Grove City Grump

Grove City, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

There is a much more sympathetic and more tastefully written account in the Chronicle-Telegram:
http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/

Sometimes I think the Dispatch-bashers are right.
jo jo

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

very poor story writing. the writer of this story should be talked to and put on temporary unpaid leave for a couple of months. maybe with the time off he can collect his thoughts and learn how to describe his next story more professionally.
Mike

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

Grove City Grump wrote:
There is a much more sympathetic and more tastefully written account in the Chronicle-Telegram:
http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/
Sometimes I think the Dispatch-bashers are right.
Who says there has to be a tasteful story about a guy who died strapped to a bed with a rubber ball in his mouth and a feather in his arse?
Really

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says there has to be a tasteful story about a guy who died strapped to a bed with a rubber ball in his mouth and a feather in his ****?
Anyone with a shread of class, thats who.
Obviously not You
2Cents

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

Really wrote:
What a terrible way to be remembered. I wish I could officially Apologize to the poor family and friends who have this story published as a final memory of the deceased. Thanks to the Dispatch, which has no class in reporting this "story".
I agree completely! The Dispatch shouldn't need to resort to Dirty Laundry tactics. Those details were completely inappropriate.
tampa-hey

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

People in this kind of behavior are taking their chances. Was the Dispatch correct in publishing this level of detail, probably not. Not anymore than all the details published about David Carradine and his death.

If this gentleman would have never been in the news about how he has been accused of mistreatment of his animals (staged bears fighting humans) or the death last year of an employee then this article would have never surfaced.

It could have been covered more along the the line of Cleveland.com "Deputy Coroner Frank Miller told them the death might have been due to "positional asphyxia," as Mazzola was found face-down on a waterbed."
hamburger pimp

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

How far is Columbia Station from Strongsville? This sounds like the work (the story, not the death) of the same stringer who reported the lemonade stand heist and the banana-gorilla fight last week. Great headline, though.
Delaware Mama

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

This is a tasteless article. I was expecting a snake or other animal attack, not a personal fetish gone wrong. It is inappropriate.
Thanks

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

Thanks dispatch for putting such a classless article in your paper, now if my kids happen to read it because the title is catchy and then I will have to explain what he was doing that you so explicitly detailed in the article. You seriously don't have anything better to put in the paper......
I like doughnuts

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

Well . . . I thought it was funny. *shrug*
L Flynt

Marysville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

wastherethen wrote:
Two points -
The explicit description in the article is both unnecessary and inappropriate, expecially given that AP and newspapers in general still refuse to publish in their entirety "offensive" words in highly newsworthy situations.
The headline is somewhat misleading - it would be more accurate to say it was an "erotic" death.
Why should we as a society gloss over the truth about deviates? Perhaps this is one reason that we seem to be increasing becoming a society of deviates and degenerates.
Barrack

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

We need a law requiring a background check before sex toys can be bought! also and added tax, along with a law to control carrying a sex toy! Apparently these toys are as deadly as exhotic animals.
Technically Right

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

I say report all the facts, what kind of toy was it?
No free nuttin

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

The Dispatch has sunk so low as a "newspaper" that this "article" comes has no surprise. Isn't there anyone left at that rag with a shred of decency or honesty?
still questions

Westlake, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

Most of the time, there is more than one person involved in these kinds of acts. It sounds like a tryst gone bad. I would not be surprised if it turns out to be another person, maybe even a set up and murder. Sounds weird to me, even beyond the obvious.

“aggrivated editor”

Since: Apr 11

Newark

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

any pictures?
DrC Ohio

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

Judged:

This guy is a class act all around! LOL! Darwin award goes to...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbia Station Discussions

Search the Columbia Station Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 5 min Pope Che Reagan Christ I 29,088
Donald and Terry Johnson Jul 20 Old classmate and friend 15
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 20 NSA 229
1119 Deitsch resignation nov 19 2013 at board m... Jul 16 FP parent 1
pelosi is wrong and raping womens choices Jul 11 tommorrow 1
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 2 Lindsay 2,213
OH Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) Jun 27 Bobby Nye 178
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbia Station Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbia Station People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••