Columbia, SC Overrides Police Chief o...

Columbia, SC Overrides Police Chief on Gay Parade

There are 220 comments on the EDGE story from Oct 4, 2013, titled Columbia, SC Overrides Police Chief on Gay Parade. In it, EDGE reports that:

Columbia officials have overridden a decision by interim police chief Ruben Santiago to order two officers to march in the South Carolina Gay Pride Parade even though they did not want to participate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#123 Oct 6, 2013
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>
What YOU recognize is irrelevant. In fact YOU are irrelevant.
No it isn't. Nationwide acceptance of gay marriage and/or homosexuality will never happen, no matter how bad you want it. An unattainable goal.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#124 Oct 6, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride is iconic. No wonder you are so cranky.
I often find YOU guys always just HAPPEN to be in some area where a gay event is about to occur. What strange timing you have. Did that tall leather guy steal or hit or knock anyone down? Were his pants open? I've seen a lot of slobs, gay and straight at Disney areas, not just there.
Since I was young, I have seen a terrible slobbing of America, everyone wants to be COMFORTABLE. When I would fly on planes with my parents when I was a child, everyone wore ties, the women in skirts or dresses. Airline passengers now come in flip flops and sweat pants, and wander the plane in bare feet sometimes. Lovely.
Some men don't even OWN a tie. I have fifty and often wear one to parties to the surprise and out and out annoyance of the others. Who knew care of one's appearance would upset others.
That is the end of civilization. Fat comfortable Americans.
Behavior was the issue, not appearance. It's ok if you didn't catch that, you would defend them anyway.

Since: Nov 09

Toronto, Canada

#125 Oct 6, 2013
Wrong... you can't argue with momentum and velocity, and both are very much in our favour. People on the wrong side of history have always been sure their position will never fall out of favour, but it inevitably does, and this is just one more of them. There will always be pockets of troglodytes that reject the norm, but the legal and civil systems will all be on our side.
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't. Nationwide acceptance of gay marriage and/or homosexuality will never happen, no matter how bad you want it. An unattainable goal.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#126 Oct 6, 2013
Right American in Canada wrote:
Wrong... you can't argue with momentum and velocity, and both are very much in our favour. People on the wrong side of history have always been sure their position will never fall out of favour, but it inevitably does, and this is just one more of them. There will always be pockets of troglodytes that reject the norm, but the legal and civil systems will all be on our side.
<quoted text>
If a 'troglodyte' is someone that stands for traditional marriage and family, put me on that list.
If a 'troglodyte' is someone that that believes homosexuality is a birth defect, put me on that list.
If a 'troglodyte' is someone that's uninformed, sorry, you'll have to take me off that list.

Since: Nov 09

Toronto, Canada

#127 Oct 6, 2013
You're scoring well today... cause you're WRONG yet again! It means someone who is evolutionarily simple and a throwback to a past version of humanity that died out quickly. That would be you. Think what you will about homosexuality and same-sex marriage, but when you compare 15 years ago to now, you are very much in the minority, and more so every day.

In another fifteen years, presuming you make it that long, you will be in the group that people mean when they say, "seriously? People still think that way?" Same as racism, interracial marriage, marriage outside your religion, etc. There are many examples, and same sex marriage and your attitude will be just another of those. Not something anyone even thinks about because it is so common.
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
If a 'troglodyte' is someone that stands for traditional marriage and family, put me on that list.
If a 'troglodyte' is someone that that believes homosexuality is a birth defect, put me on that list.
If a 'troglodyte' is someone that's uninformed, sorry, you'll have to take me off that list.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#128 Oct 6, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's some. How people are classified:
Straight people are men, women, girls and boys.
Hmm. You seem to have missed a few.

Dominatrix
Swinger
Philanderer
Gigolo
Silver fox
Cougar
Valley girl
Gold digger
Cuckold
Deadbeat dad
Trophy wife
Sugar daddy

Do I need to go on to prove what a fool you are?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#129 Oct 6, 2013
Right American in Canada wrote:
You're scoring well today... cause you're WRONG yet again! It means someone who is evolutionarily simple and a throwback to a past version of humanity that died out quickly. That would be you. Think what you will about homosexuality and same-sex marriage, but when you compare 15 years ago to now, you are very much in the minority, and more so every day.
In another fifteen years, presuming you make it that long, you will be in the group that people mean when they say, "seriously? People still think that way?" Same as racism, interracial marriage, marriage outside your religion, etc. There are many examples, and same sex marriage and your attitude will be just another of those. Not something anyone even thinks about because it is so common.
<quoted text>
"a member of any of various peoples (as in antiquity) who lived or were reputed to live chiefly in caves"
They were uniformed, wouldn't you agree?
None of your examples come close to same sex marriage. I have less of a problem with same sex marriage than I do with how gay activists work. Allowing same sex marriage makes their work easier. That's bad.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#130 Oct 6, 2013
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
We are very thankful you are closer to the grave than the cradle. We'll be dancing at your funeral to make sure the dirt is tightly packed.
That was very nicely said. Good for you.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#131 Oct 6, 2013
Right American in Canada wrote:
In another fifteen years, presuming you make it that long, you will be in the group that people mean when they say, "seriously? People still think that way?"
Wondering lives in suburban Boston. His neighbors are already scratching their heads. Some may agree, but they've all moved on with their lives. They're not hanging out on GLBT forums complaining how icky gay people are.

Since: Nov 09

Toronto, Canada

#132 Oct 6, 2013
Makes sense and explains a whole lot!
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Wondering lives in suburban Boston. His neighbors are already scratching their heads. Some may agree, but they've all moved on with their lives. They're not hanging out on GLBT forums complaining how icky gay people are.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#133 Oct 7, 2013
No one should be able to order an employee to march in a parade, if they don't wish to march.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#134 Oct 7, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Wondering lives in suburban Boston. His neighbors are already scratching their heads. Some may agree, but they've all moved on with their lives. They're not hanging out on GLBT forums complaining how icky gay people are.
Ya,he doesn't like SSM and gay people why doesn't he move to another state that doesn't have it? Eventually they all will though.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#135 Oct 7, 2013
Imprtnrd wrote:
<quoted text>Ya,he doesn't like SSM and gay people why doesn't he move to another state that doesn't have it? Eventually they all will though.
I don't support gay marriage and people don't bother me at all. The gay movement is another story. Ask the Parkers and the Whirthens in Lexington. Their elementary school kids were force fed gay literature. That's just wrong. Gays use bullying as an excuse to get their crap into these schools when there is no bullying going on. Alameda County in CA tried the same thing. An investigation took place and there were no incidents of gay bullying, not one. They just want to force families who want no part of their nonsense to be taught about it. The younger the kids are, the better they like it.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#136 Oct 7, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't support gay marriage and people don't bother me at all. The gay movement is another story. Ask the Parkers and the Whirthens in Lexington. Their elementary school kids were force fed gay literature. That's just wrong. Gays use bullying as an excuse to get their crap into these schools when there is no bullying going on. Alameda County in CA tried the same thing. An investigation took place and there were no incidents of gay bullying, not one. They just want to force families who want no part of their nonsense to be taught about it. The younger the kids are, the better they like it.
Was a time when people complained about kids being "force fed" non-white literature.

The purpose of both is the same ... curbing yet another generation of bigotry against fellow Americans.

Of course, the way you say "school kids" and "gay literature" conjures up images of kindergartners and Anais Nin. Misleading.

of course there were no instances of "gay bullying". Gay kids tend not to be bullies unless they are heavily self-hating closet cases. A situation becoming rarer with time and familiarity.

But perhaps you meant something other than what your sentences indicated.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#138 Oct 7, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't. Nationwide acceptance of gay marriage and/or homosexuality will never happen, no matter how bad you want it. An unattainable goal.
Bet the farm, numbnuts.
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#139 Oct 7, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't support gay marriage and people don't bother me at all. The gay movement is another story. Ask the Parkers and the Whirthens in Lexington. Their elementary school kids were force fed gay literature. That's just wrong. Gays use bullying as an excuse to get their crap into these schools when there is no bullying going on. Alameda County in CA tried the same thing. An investigation took place and there were no incidents of gay bullying, not one. They just want to force families who want no part of their nonsense to be taught about it. The younger the kids are, the better they like it.
force fed gay literature?

hahahahahaha
ahhahahahahaha
ahhahahahahaha
ahahhahahaha
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#140 Oct 7, 2013
snyper wrote:
But perhaps you meant something other than what your sentences indicated.
I'm sure you misunderstood. If I said 'bullying of gays' I would have been in the micro-minority. Bullying of gays is almost always referred to as gay bullying. Write that 100 times so you'll remember.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#141 Oct 7, 2013
Neil An Blowme wrote:
<quoted text>
hahahahahaha
ahhahahahahaha
ahhahahahahaha
ahahhahahaha
More Mona intellect, BWAHAHAHA!
Neil An Blowme

Hoboken, NJ

#142 Oct 7, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
More Mona intellect, BWAHAHAHA!
Yep.... laughing at your complete lack of it.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#143 Oct 7, 2013
The Shadow wrote:
This is just another example of how homosexuality is practically shoved down your throat, whether you like it or not. Trying to force people to participate in the flaunting of their perversion in a queer parade. Sickening just sickening.
Well, who asked you to go stand on the corner and stare at if for 3 hours? If it offends you, stay home the big three hours out a a year that the parade takes place. Surely you can spend that time doing something else...like patiently digging up every gay forum on Topix you can find to yell taunts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The church IN the Lord Jesus Christ-Hartsville (Jan '13) 12 hr The Truth 5
News State Legislator Wants Statue of Tillman Remove... (Jan '08) 13 hr Samson of Southie 161
Review: Progressive Church Of Our Lord Jesus Ch... (Oct '15) 18 hr The Truth 3
News Day Of Decision Approaching On SC Gas Tax Apr 22 New Resident 1
Lindsey Graham is Bisexual (Mar '14) Apr 21 ichweiss 5
News Parents: Quintuplets Small, But Fighters (Jul '07) Apr 16 Breese73 122
News Resident runs throughout Aiken County for ALS a... (Aug '15) Apr 15 Xinjiang 85

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages