YC in SC

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2008

That's a shame. He is a real pro and did a great job for them.

“Support your Local Warlock”

Since: Feb 08

Where are we again?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2008

WTF????

Where are we again?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2008

Uni brow went to work for nbc's morning sunrise show I think is the name of it Todd Santose Remember him ? LMAO

“I KNEW I'D FIND YA”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2008

CAPTAIN_JACK SPARR0W wrote:
Uni brow went to work for nbc's morning sunrise show I think is the name of it Todd Santose Remember him ? LMAO
i still see todd in the am when i get up....really early am that is

“I KNEW I'D FIND YA”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2008

Justice wrote:
What's really going on over at that station.... at first I thought they might be somewhat racist by allowing great anchors like Craig Melvin, and Angie Goff go... Oh well, their lost is our gain (DC metro area)
I personally think Craig was bound for bigger and better. it was only a matter of time.

Where are we again?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2008

Judged:

Poor guy Those Eye brows are scary ! LOL

Where are we again?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2008

Judged:

simple man I wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally think Craig was bound for bigger and better. it was only a matter of time.
Yeah Craig Blew up got his award and said screw this peannie outfit I'm going for the big bucks ! lol
BJK

Cayce, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2008

JustPlainMak wrote:
He just got let go by WIS. Sad!!!!:(
You know...there are anchors over there who are so much less skilled and professional....it just blows my mind that they would let someone of his calibur go like that!
brokawkaw

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2008

Judged:

dont worry with that helmet hair and the mile long part in it he will be anchoring again soon somewhere.

“Missing my boys :(”

Since: Jan 08

Cayce, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2008

well, if yall get to missing him, you can go to Comptons Kitchen in Triangle City and have some lunch with him, he is in there all the time. The food is great...sometimes I think they have some sweet grandmas chained up in the back cooking the food.
Maj Disaster

Lexington, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2008

Judged:

Any person with integrity and audacity will NOT want to stay at WIS. That station has done the community a big injustice by "downsizing" their personnel. Of all the people they have, why David Stanton? He and just a few more are the only ones left who has the appeal to families to want to watch their news. Why take a man with 20+ years at the same job and give him the boot? There are plenty of new people there with very little experience they could let go, but I suppose they will pay the newcomers a very small salary and expect more from them than they can produce. He was the only one other than Kara Gormley that is worth a rip. No professional people there anymore. Too bad WIS has made such a horrile decision. Their ratings are going to drop like a hot potatoe. We are in mouring at our house over the loss of the best reporter around. Better things will come to those who wait. We miss you David. Godspeed to you and the best in whatever you do.
lexgurls

West Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2008

Judged:

We too hate to see Mr. Stanton leave WIS-tv. Seems like they want giggling, bumbling, tongue-tied kids who can't pronounce the words and talk so fast they can't be understood. I've noticed it more and more--who are these kids anyway...I for one don't really want to wait for them to cut their teeth. We used to watch WIS and WLTX, but both have gotten so bad--WLTX has WAYYYY too much chatter--seems to me they are targeting "mommies and me" crowd while WIS must be going for the college kids and younger. WOLO...I'm tuning in!
Grigori Rasputin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2008

I don't understand their decision to let him go, either. They have lost some real talent in the last year or so. Craig leaving was understandable. He was really a class act and anyone knows that he could better himself just about anywhere he wanted to go. Wouldn't surprise me to see him doing the national news one day soon.
Angie Goff and Alicia Roman were drop-dead gorgeous. Why did they have to let them go? I suspect a lot of the lost talent may be attributable to their new "manager", Donita (Butch) Todd.
Somehow, I get the feeling she rules that station with an iron fist, both literally and figuratively.
The other night, I watched some woman covering the hostage situation somewhere in the eastern part of the state. She came across to me as a stomp down hick. I'd love to know what her "qualifications" were as opposed to any that they have let go in the last year.
Maj Disaster

Lexington, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2008

I was wondering what happened to Alicia Roman. Was she fired too? Whose gonna be next????? Watch out Dawn and Judy.........you're on the hot seat! Stay tuned for more surprises.
big fav

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2009

what ever happend to alicia roman..she was sooo sexy.

Since: Jan 09

Sumter, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2009

I really would like to know what David Stanton is doing now. I hope he is doing great. He was my favorite. He always did a good job of moderating political debates. If I'm not mistaken I believe he actually had a Juris Doctorate. He was very well rounded and WIS was wrong to let him go. If anyone knows where he is and what he's doing I would appreciate the info.

Sumter, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2009

big fav wrote:
what ever happend to alicia roman..she was sooo sexy.
I wonder what happened to her too. Judy is my favorite. She's great. I like Ben Tanner too. I think Drew Stewart is awesome! He's been through a whole lot with his health and he's a nice young man just starting a family. I hope everything works out for him.
big fav

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2009

Judged:

yea..i wonder why alica roman left..or did she get fired...the new wheater girl sortof looks like her too

Sumter, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2009

big fav wrote:
yea..i wonder why alica roman left..or did she get fired...the new wheater girl sortof looks like her too
i noticed that too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of26
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbia Discussions

Search the Columbia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Sarah Palin NUDE NAKED , WOW WHAT A ASS !! ( hi... (Oct '10) 12 hr jose c 4
Allow the Mosque or Not at Ground Zero (Aug '10) Wed Justice 5,642
Rebuilding Hope for Diabetic Neuropathy Sufferers (Mar '07) Wed Sopranokds 13
Review: Anytime Fitness (Apr '09) Wed Brenda 126
Why I Should Move to South Carolina? (Sep '11) Tue OTTO 28
SC Sen. Hutto to Run for Graham's US Senate Seat Apr 14 The Gander 2
Lindsey Graham is Bisexual Apr 14 The Gander 2
•••
•••