Deputies: Man Smothers Wife, Stabs Himself to Death

Full story: WLTX Columbia 46
Lexington County deputies are investigating what they're calling a murder-suicide case where they say a husband killed his wife. Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
IGOR

United States

#1 Jun 6, 2008
I don't ever recall hearing of someone committing stupicide by stabbing themself
to death.
One Who Notices

Cayce, SC

#2 Jun 6, 2008
A terrible tragedy. Often stories such as these involve the husband being the caretaker of the spouse with a terminal illness. Despondency sets in, then...
curfew

United States

#3 Jun 6, 2008
IGOR wrote:
I don't ever recall hearing of someone committing stupicide by stabbing themself
to death.
You think the events happened in reverse order?

Strange and sad for the daughter.
Maybe

Winnsboro, SC

#4 Jun 6, 2008
Seems a bit strange, stabb yourself to death?

“Preggo again! ”

Since: Jan 08

Back in Columbia

#6 Jun 6, 2008
This is a strange and sad story. I hope we hear more about this.
omg

Cayce, SC

#7 Jun 6, 2008
I agree this does not sound like a suicide[stabbing yourself].Something else is up.Sorry for your loss.
DDD

Columbia, SC

#8 Jun 6, 2008
I agree this does not make much sense!!!
My prayers go out to the daughter and her family.
Just my opinion

Columbia, SC

#9 Jun 6, 2008
Something is not right about this one!! How do you inflict MULTIPLE stab wounds to yourself!??? And if he had a knife why would he smother the wife and not stab her?! Strange?!
EJF Member

Columbia, SC

#10 Jun 6, 2008
Wife Kills Husband One Day Before Divorce Over Custody of Their Daughter

http://www.breitbart.tv/...
EJF Member

Columbia, SC

#11 Jun 6, 2008
Wife Shot Husband In Alton Murder-Suicide

http://www.wmur.com/news/15310287/detail.html

“Preggo again! ”

Since: Jan 08

Back in Columbia

#12 Jun 6, 2008
EJF Member wrote:
Did you even read this story? Do you even care?
Justice

AOL

#14 Jun 6, 2008
IGOR wrote:
to death.
That's because "only" STUUUUUPID people such as yourself could have thought of such a STUUUUUPID comment.

Ever heard of that? STUUUUUPID and PATHETIC, is it not?
Justice

AOL

#15 Jun 6, 2008
nunya23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you even read this story? Do you even care?
Hmmmm interesting, and I'am not talking about your comment.
Big Mama Suzie

Summerville, SC

#16 Jun 6, 2008
WAT IS THE WORLD COMIN 2 UGH SHAMEFUL
Big Mama Suzie

Summerville, SC

#17 Jun 6, 2008
IGOR wrote:
to death.
u slo
Erica

United States

#18 Jun 6, 2008
One Who Notices wrote:
A terrible tragedy. Often stories such as these involve the husband being the caretaker of the spouse with a terminal illness. Despondency sets in, then...
It's a dark place to be in. That combined with bills and medical expenses that keep pilling up. How are people expected to cope with situations like this? The health care system is failing hard working Americans.

There is no reason why people should not have access to the medicine they need, or get the help they need when they are sick. It's not up to the individuals or the employers to pay for health care, the government and the healthcare industry need to get their act together and solve this crisis immediately. Everyone should have access to appropriate, affordable, and quality health care. If they don't I think there will be a lot more tragedies like this.
Dflippinout

AOL

#19 Jun 6, 2008
What the h ll is going on ?
Has every one lost there minds or what ?
nada

Newark, OH

#20 Jun 6, 2008
nunya23 wrote:
This is a strange and sad story. I hope we hear more about this.
your husband is at studio 54 selling crack go get him
nickname

AOL

#21 Jun 6, 2008
EJF Member wrote:
Just can't understand why our local news didn't pick up on that story. Gee, if they broadcasted every murder story, whether it be man killing woman or woman killing man, we would never be able to read them all. I see you still hate women though.
Who Are You

Columbia, SC

#22 Jun 6, 2008
Erica wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a dark place to be in. That combined with bills and medical expenses that keep pilling up. How are people expected to cope with situations like this? The health care system is failing hard working Americans.
There is no reason why people should not have access to the medicine they need, or get the help they need when they are sick. It's not up to the individuals or the employers to pay for health care, the government and the healthcare industry need to get their act together and solve this crisis immediately. Everyone should have access to appropriate, affordable, and quality health care. If they don't I think there will be a lot more tragedies like this.
But you don't know if that's what happened.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Columbia, SC (Aug '10) 6 hr B 146
News Deputies Say 'Paving Company' Is Scamming the E... (Jan '08) 10 hr Paving scam 114
News No Smoking in a Car If You Have Kids? (Feb '07) 13 hr Schmones 277
Katie Sheridan and Chris Bickel 15 hr TyingYouUp 3
holy temple church of the lord jesus christ of ... (Mar '13) 17 hr LAWEST100 298
BEWARE: Amazon.com publishing is a SCAM!!! 20 hr FriendoftheLuluz 2
News Walker pairs common-man pitch with GOP checklist Wed Le Duped 42
Columbia Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]