Baby's Skull Fractured, Mom Charged

Baby's Skull Fractured, Mom Charged

There are 62 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from May 20, 2008, titled Baby's Skull Fractured, Mom Charged. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

A Lyman mother was jailed Tuesday on a child-abuse charge after her newborn son was put in intensive care at a Greenville children's hospital with injuries to his head, leg and ribs, according to the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

Tough Justice

United States

#41 May 21, 2008
Justice would be to get her off of the substance she's on, have her life given back to her and then have her watch daily as someone who cares raises her children. She could have no contact with the children, they shouldn't know who their biological parents are. I can't believe the father did not see the signs of abuse.
Lamigra

Columbia, SC

#42 May 21, 2008
She is not a mother. She is a sperm receptacle.
Citizen Sane

West Columbia, SC

#43 May 21, 2008
There is no punishment available today that would be harsh enough for this monster. Perhaps, we should break each of her bones (no anesthesia) that she broke in the baby and just let her lay there. This is a purely EVIL woman
MIDLANDS MOM

Columbia, SC

#44 May 21, 2008
This story brings tears to my eyes. There are so many people in this world who would love to be blessed with a child and are not. When will parents-both mothers and fathers-realize that children are blessings? A parent's role is something to take with the utmost level of seriousnes and responsibility. It kills me to see the multitude of stories similar to this one. We are in 2008 if you do not want children-there are plenty of available means to use for birth control. Be responsible enough to prevent pregnancy before it happens. My prayers are with this baby boy. May God continue to look after him. The woman who has been charged with this heinous crime is not even worthy of my time or efforts to address her. She is not worth it.
Memefor2

United States

#45 May 21, 2008
OH BOY!!!! What a sick women she is. IF she didnt want that baby, Im sure someone would have taken it and gave it a good home. Thats what I dont understand about this dumd a$$ parents...They hurt there babies, knowing that someone one give them a better home, yet they are too dam selfish to let them go....FRY HER A$$.....

“Still me. ”

Since: May 07

Hudson, NY

#46 May 21, 2008
simple man I wrote:
<quoted text>
hey biker,
as its well known I firmly believe anyone who abuses a child needs to die.
its becoming common place to see these articles. i fear that the "public" will become immune to the shock of it.
JUST KILL EM ALL, thats an unforgetable message.
with all of the baby and child killings there would be alot of people going to the chair or needle. I hope there is enough to go around.

Prayers to the father and baby. Poor sweet little one.
Are you kidding me

Columbia, SC

#47 May 21, 2008
I'll never understand how a woman could hurt something so innocent and helpless. I hope she get's what she deserves. My heart goes out this sweet innocent baby.
Dianne

Sumter, SC

#48 May 21, 2008
Spot On wrote:
Wait wait wait... So far, I have read 20+ posts that all say this woman is eveil and that she deserves to die and rot in h377... What I have NOT read, however, is that this woman was found guilty of any crimes -- only charged. Last time I checked, this woman still has the right to the due process of law and a fair and speedy trial.
For the record, I agree with all of you that she should be instantly euthanized (if she is found guilty) because there's no excuse for crimes against children (I mean, this is a 24 day old who can't even hold his own head upright -- and has absolutely no means of defense).
Here are some other tidbits I'm curious about...
Baby Lanedon has 2 older brothers (Jayden and Kierdyn). Has anyone checked them for any possible abuse (past or present).
According to this article, the father admitted to actions that contributed to the abuse, and HE is being charged as well...
http://www.wyff4.com/news/16338387/detail.htm...
Why is this not being widely reported?
I guess what I'm saying is that sometimes, you have to put emotions aside and evaluate every aspect of the story... becuase there is definitely more to this story than what WLTX is reporting.
Thanks for the link to the article. It was much more informative. It sounds like the father probably admitted to using drugs or something or ignoring what the wife was doing. Who knows?

This is so disturbing. What is wrong with people?
lil_razorblade21 0

United States

#49 May 21, 2008
wow... so ok i understand that having a new born child is stressful... but what the hell was she thinking? that bitch needs to never see the light of day again. how could you hurt a defenseless child. the only thing the child could ever be blamed for is being blessed with a bitch like her. how can anyone call her a mom. there are so many women out there who would love to have a child and cant, then you are blessed with one and try to kill it. do us all a favor and keep your legs closed. you dont deserve a child
a concerned mother

Columbia, SC

#50 May 21, 2008
i cant believe wat this mother was thinking. as a mother it hurts me to hear that another child that could have been mine was hurt and was crying out for help and there was no one to help him all i know is that god has his ways and she will get hers it may not be today but it will happened someday.
anonymous

Florence, SC

#51 May 21, 2008
Why is that there are people that would love to have kids and cant for one reason or another but yet we have people in the world that do horrible things like this to their own kids?
Olive Oyl

Columbia, SC

#52 May 21, 2008
There are countless people out there who would LOVE to have a child but cannot, and then we hear yet another story like this. As an adoptive mother, stories like this are heart wrenching for me. Then we find out there are TWO other children in the home...

We will begin to hear more and more stories like this, I'm afraid. They are just the precursor to Jesus' return.
SC Is Asz Backwards

Columbia, SC

#53 May 21, 2008
50 lashes, draw and quarter, hang, shoot, and electrocute ... in no particular order.
fair play

Little River, SC

#54 May 21, 2008
someone needs to do the same thing to that piece of trash. she does not deserve a trial, a psych hearing to be deemed unfit to stand trial. take her out behind the courthouse and have someone break her skull just the way she did to her INNOCENT DEFENSELESS 24 day old infant. I hope she is tortured with what she did for the rest of her pathetic meaningless life. Piece of shit.

“mountaindew”

Since: Apr 08

mountains

#55 May 21, 2008
This woman deserves hard labor splitting granite rocks in the sun for the rest of her life. Better yet, just split her head and let her see what it feels like. She is a sad excuse for a human.
kayla

Columbia, SC

#56 May 21, 2008
This is sad we really have evil people on this earth that would do such things this is crazy. I cant believe that a parent would do such thing babbies cry so do humans and as a mother u should no this all children have problems and hitting them doesnt solve them it may for that moment but it happens again and the more you hit your child the more u turn into this lady this killer just because you dont do this damage doesnt mean u r not like her. it doesnt mean u dont do the same thing she did to this baby hitting is a habit that is hard to break

“Do we still stand united?”

Since: Jun 07

Small Town in South Carolina

#57 May 21, 2008
Tomfoolery wrote:
My eyes, My eyes!!!
Hee! Hee! Hee!
Oh my Gosh

Summerton, SC

#58 May 21, 2008
she is a stupid woman do not give her a bond.
BRIAN

Streetsboro, OH

#59 May 21, 2008
A MESS!!!
christie

Chapin, SC

#60 May 21, 2008
SC Is Asz Backwards wrote:
50 lashes, draw and quarter, hang, shoot, and electrocute ... in no particular order.
i second that....anyone who could abuse a helpless baby/child/adult doesnt deserve to breath. i hope he burns

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
holy temple church of the lord jesus christ of ... (Mar '13) 17 hr Alonzo 2,027
News Resident runs throughout Aiken County for ALS a... (Aug '15) Jan 16 Aiken Newsfeed 80
Support U.s Artist Emcee D Unknoen Now Jan 7 Patrick Gilbride 1
truth about the jews and israel Dec 30 treetop 2
the real truth about the jews Dec 30 treetop 4
News Angie Goff | Traffic Anchor (Apr '08) Dec 24 Lynn Czarny of Ma... 9
parental rights in jeopardy....join the fight t... (Mar '12) Dec '16 Nightmare 20

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages