Baby's Skull Fractured, Mom Charged

Baby's Skull Fractured, Mom Charged

There are 62 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from May 20, 2008, titled Baby's Skull Fractured, Mom Charged. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

A Lyman mother was jailed Tuesday on a child-abuse charge after her newborn son was put in intensive care at a Greenville children's hospital with injuries to his head, leg and ribs, according to the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“Who P@@ed in Your Conflakes?”

Since: May 08

Cornholio Iowa

#1 May 20, 2008
Meth head or Crack?

Another candidate for the vigilante firing squad.

Praying that the kid isn't brain damaged and makes a speedy recovery.
sickofstupidity

Okatie, SC

#2 May 20, 2008
What I wouldn't give to have 10 minutes alone in a locked room with this sick, demented bitch.

“Gotta love it!”

Since: Feb 08

Anywhere but there!

#3 May 20, 2008
first off, my prayers are with this poor baby. Now, may the wrath of God reign down on this MOTHER. How can you do something like that to a poor, sweet little baby? People are just SICK!

Since: Jun 07

Orangeburg, SC

#4 May 20, 2008
Prayers for the child. At a loss for words as to why this 'thing' would hurt her son. Special place in **ll for her.
bobby bill

Myrtle Beach, SC

#5 May 20, 2008
Someone had sex with her? WOW

Since: Mar 08

Ridge Spring, SC

#6 May 20, 2008
There are some people in this world that have no right to breathe!

I'd love to be the one to give her what she gave to that innocent child!
TNW

Columbia, SC

#7 May 20, 2008
She is a disgrace for mothers. There are too many women in the world that would love to have a child and for one to take advantage of the blessings that God have given. It is a shame before the good Lord. God have mercy on her soul.

“My Family is my LIFE”

Since: Feb 07

Decatur, GA

#8 May 20, 2008
youre-kidding wrote:
There are some people in this world that have no right to breathe!
I'd love to be the one to give her what she gave to that innocent child!
Me to but more, I would like to put her out of my misery. This is just disgusting, she is a scum bag and it makes me sick on my stomach. What a low life piece of scum. I am really trying to be nice with this.
Buck Swope

Little River, SC

#9 May 20, 2008
This vile creature needs to die before 2008 is over with.

“loving life”

Since: Oct 07

United States

#10 May 20, 2008
I for one would love to be on this Jury. No excuses for hurting a child especially one that is so defenseless. Prayers for the father and this young angel.
Troublemaker

Georgetown, SC

#11 May 20, 2008
If she gets out of jail, she needs to be sterilized so she can't bring any more INNOCENT babies into this world for her to injure/kill.

Prayers for a speedy and complete recovery for the little baby.

If the baby is driving you up the wall, then put him in a safe place and walk away for a few minutes until you have cooled down.

BWG

“Cogito ergo sum”

Since: May 07

Irmo

#12 May 20, 2008
I have seen that look and that face in Emergency Rooms in the past. Drugged out or boozed out, loses it slams an infant into the wall or beats them to death.

She needs a psych eval, a lawyer and a trial. Then put her away.
question

South Jordan, UT

#13 May 20, 2008
bobby bill wrote:
Someone had sex with her? WOW
Rolling on the floor laughing at you!!!!!!!!!
Froggy

United States

#14 May 20, 2008
First I hope this poor baby will be ok! And why she is in jail I hope that beat her within an inch of her life and show her what pain is all about... Sorry piece of s...!!! There is no excuse for what she has done!
columbia sc

United States

#15 May 20, 2008
they need to do the same thinhg to her
Scrappy Doo

Okatie, SC

#16 May 20, 2008
she needs to pick on some one her own size. You would think she would have learned her lesson by the way she looks, why would she want her baby to look like that. she needs help cause I think she was jealous of her own baby.
NewberryMom

Plymouth, MN

#17 May 20, 2008
Prayers for the baby. THis woman is crazy and needs to suffer like she made her baby suffer. About the baby's daddy, He wasn't charged? then why is the baby being put in foster care? does he not want the baby? Or is he unfit to have the baby?
cin

United States

#18 May 20, 2008
Hard to cause fractures in a newborn... must have been some serious (repeated) force used... somebody beat the crap out of that newborn... I would date them injuries. Hope there ain't no siblings...

“Speak your mind.”

Since: Aug 07

Chester, SC

#19 May 20, 2008
NewberryMom wrote:
Prayers for the baby. THis woman is crazy and needs to suffer like she made her baby suffer. About the baby's daddy, He wasn't charged? then why is the baby being put in foster care? does he not want the baby? Or is he unfit to have the baby?
I agree that something is seriously wrong with her. I know having a new baby is stressful, but millions of people each day find a way to work through the stress without taking it out on the most helpless among us.

As far as the dad goes, I'm guessing he wasn't around when the abuse occurred (at work, doesn't live with the mother, etc.). Sincere prayers for a recovery for this innocent one...hopefully there will be no long-term brain damage or other ill effects.

“Please don't feed the trolls.”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#20 May 21, 2008
I hope this poor baby recovers.

And I hope this MONSTER doesn't ever see the light of day again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dorchester Deputy Solicitor Arrested In Illegal... (Apr '08) 20 hr scotty constitution 7
News Resident runs throughout Aiken County for ALS a... (Aug '15) Thu Hurray 62
Short term rental Jul 26 Travel RN 1
parental rights in jeopardy....join the fight t... (Mar '12) Jul 25 Childrens tragedies 18
holy temple church of the lord jesus christ of ... (Mar '13) Jul 22 Alonzo 1,404
four kbr contractors brutally murder (Oct '08) Jul 20 SGTABN8630 48
News USC student says lynched monkey is racial threa... Jul 15 Oh No You Di-nt 7

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages