Treasurer Thomas Ravenel to Enter Rehab

Treasurer Thomas Ravenel to Enter Rehab

There are 160 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Jun 27, 2007, titled Treasurer Thomas Ravenel to Enter Rehab. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

Federal prosecutors say South Carolina Treasurer Thomas Ravenel will enter a rehabilitation center the specializes in addictive behavior.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
NTSB

Beaufort, SC

#161 Jul 19, 2007
NTSB Factual Report:

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/GenPDF.asp... ...
The Truth

Redmond, WA

#162 Jul 19, 2007
Lottery wrote:
How did Thomas Ravenel's net-worth grow to $35,000,000 in a little over ten years.
Hey, I have some shopping centers I want to sell you!
By buying and selling shopping centers in the Atlanta area.
Atlanta

Minneapolis, MN

#163 Jul 19, 2007
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
By buying and selling shopping centers in the Atlanta area.
He was in Atlanta for four years from approx. 1991-1995. The article that I read was that he borrowed the money from Daddy to go to Grad school. So, it sounds like to me that he started from scratch around 1991. He came back to SC in 1995.

Hey, I was born at night, but IT WASN'T LAST NIGHT!
JaneDoe

Minneapolis, MN

#164 Jul 19, 2007
I knew Thomas at 15. He was also 15. All I can tell you is that his problems were huge back then and he needed serious help. The whole family appeared to need it. I am not surprised that he has been indicted on drug charges. Just surprised it took so long for his problems to bite him in the butt. I left SC and had no idea he had become so prominent a figure. What WERE you all who voted for him thinking?
boondoggle

Myrtle Beach, SC

#165 Jul 23, 2007
Quoting Governor Mark Sanford
"He performed all the functions of the Treasurerís Office fine during the time he's been there"

Including signing the paychecks for every South Carolina employee including every SLED Agent and court appointed prosecuter and public defender.
Barbara Schlecter

Charleston, SC

#166 Aug 4, 2007
All I'm saying is Mr. Ravenel deserves to sit in prison the rest of his life. That man is a complete scumbag and rude rude rude!! He is spoiled rotten and takes advanatge of people like crazy. Oh that man is evil and cruel like you wouldn't believe!!!
Attorney

Minneapolis, MN

#167 Aug 8, 2007
Michael Timothy Jordan is expected to face another felony charge
Wed, Aug 8, 2007
beaufortgazette.com
A Beaufort real estate attorney charged with taking $2.4 million from a client should be back in South Carolina by the end of the week and most likely will face another felony charge when he returns, according to authorities.
Michael Timothy Jordan, 45, waived extradition Tuesday morning at the Erie County Court in Buffalo, N.Y., Buffalo police spokesman Mike DeGeorge said.
Jordan, who lives in Charleston but has an office on Lady's Island, was arrested Friday morning at the Canadian border trying to get back into the United States, police said. Jordan's wife reported him missing Wednesday night after he didn't show up in the Edisto area on his 15-foot boat, prompting an 18-hour Coast Guard search.
He faces a charge of breach of trust with fraudulent intent by the Charleston County Sheriff's Office for taking money from a Hollywood client that was meant for a real estate transaction, instead transferring the money to a Beaufort-based bank account for his personal use, according to an affidavit. Jordan told police at the border he used the money to pay off debts.
Jordan recently opened a law office in Charleston
COCAINE DISTRIBUTION

Minneapolis, MN

#168 Aug 21, 2007
It IS, what it IS!

COCAINE DISTRIBUTION! If his sentence is reduced from 20 years to a matter of months or nothing. What is the message the Prosecutors are sending to the Drug Smugglers? Hey, CRIME PAYS! CRIME PAYS BIGTIME! If you hire the right attorney and pay them enough money, you'll get off with minimal punishment.

We should all be very proud of our justice system.
John

Ypsilanti, MI

#169 Dec 26, 2009
JaneDoe wrote:
I knew Thomas at 15. He was also 15. All I can tell you is that his problems were huge back then and he needed serious help. The whole family appeared to need it. I am not surprised that he has been indicted on drug charges. Just surprised it took so long for his problems to bite him in the butt. I left SC and had no idea he had become so prominent a figure. What WERE you all who voted for him thinking?
Who the hell are you to say you know the family? I happen to be part of that family. Focus on your own life. Other peoples issues are none of your business.
Crying Shame

Holly, MI

#171 Feb 15, 2014
I'm so baffled, at the fact he got caught with 500 grams and only receives 6months.! Ms. Ravenel is a scumbag dirt bag politician.!
Mark

Seattle, WA

#172 Feb 22, 2014
John, sounds like the truth hurts!!!!!
guitarman

Knoxville, IL

#173 Feb 22, 2014
Many people have gotten 10 years for a hell of a lot less!!!
Rivers

Roswell, GA

#174 Mar 5, 2014
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Who the hell are you to say you know the family? I happen to be part of that family. Focus on your own life. Other peoples issues are none of your business.
RUDE just like the rest of the Rava-nails!
Lyla Cavanaugh

Seal Beach, CA

#175 Mar 10, 2014
Why do you think BRAVO tv hried him to be on their show Southern Charm? Even his dad is on he show!
Country Sweetie

Dallas, TX

#176 Mar 15, 2014
Hater's Everywhere! Mind Your Own Business. You people are just pissed at your miserable lives.]
kiwi52

Hampstead, NC

#178 Mar 18, 2014
Everyone deserves the chance of happiness....sometimes it takes many curves to get to that place....and, we all have imperfections...we are adults and we do have that option of picking and choosing
John Howard

Southport, NC

#179 Mar 22, 2014
Money talks and Bull Shit walks!
Richard

Tucker, GA

#180 Apr 29, 2014
He got a sentence and was ordered to serve 10 months. You obviously have never spent a night in jail. Ten months is a long time and MR. Ravenel served his time. Don't let your jealous over wealth spill over into making you look bitter and foolish. It's trashy.
Mitchellncsc2010

Greensboro, NC

#181 Apr 30, 2014
I know Thomas and his family very well. He is a close personal friend. He did a few stupid things and paid the price. Thomas is a very good person and has a heart of gold. Those who say otherwise are jealous and don't "really" know him. Furthermore they need to worry about their own lives and not meddle in the lives of others.
Leslie Olson

Dayton, OH

#182 May 2, 2014
If I lived in SC, I'd vote for him. He lets it all out and I respect that. So sick of these lying politicians, he's a breath of fresh air. Good luck Thomas and Katheryn!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Resident runs throughout Aiken County for ALS a... (Aug '15) Dec 4 Schematic 111
News Some see echoes of '68 court case in wedding ca... Dec 3 Pence of Tides 2
News More Than Lower Rates and Refunds in Proposed E... Dec 3 stan 1
Are you in Pain? Hmu at 62-022-02269 for a hookup Nov 28 Stewsurfs 3
direct tv: stay away from this company Nov 22 GARY BEARD 1
National Father's Rights Group Plans Rally At S... Nov 20 News 1
News Will Moreau Goins, Who Died on Sunday, Was a Ti... Nov 15 Nanette 1

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages