Dying Woman's Last Wish Granted

There are 24 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Jun 7, 2008, titled Dying Woman's Last Wish Granted. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

" A Kitsap County woman with only a few days to live finally got her wish. On Thursday night, 28-year-old Lisa Stevens - now Lisa Harris - married her fiance, Jason Harris.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bucfan

Columbia, SC

#1 Jun 7, 2008
This is a marriage that would have lasted forever. What REAL love is about. Starting out with the "...through thick and thin..." theory, it could have only gotten better. Good job on the "gov't" for assisting in this endevour. That is what our gov't should be doing for all!

“Speak your mind.”

Since: Aug 07

Chester, SC

#2 Jun 7, 2008
Sad and happy story. I'm glad they were able to get this done.
Please Stop

Elgin, SC

#3 Jun 7, 2008
28 years old. Please people live every day like it's your last. Enjoy it.
Pam

AOL

#4 Jun 7, 2008
So-o-o happy for them. What a blessing to have the help of others to see this through.

"Please Stop", you are so right. When I was 26 & my boyfriend was 32, he had been diagnosed with malignant melanoma. We thought he was "clear" of any, but it came back & had spread. He had to have a tracheostomy & we planned to get married when he got out of the hospital. Sadly, his condition worsened & he died within a couple of days. I often wish we had been married @ the hospital. The chaplain knew our plans. Please let others know you love them.
SUSAN BUCHANAN

Hilton Head Island, SC

#5 Jun 8, 2008
It is good to know that there are still people who will go out of their way to make a special moment happen for some else.
How Wonderful

AOL

#6 Jun 8, 2008
This story is sad, but at the same time remarkable. I'm so happy these two got to tie the knot! What a wonderful man for sticking by his women during her battle with cancer. May God bless these people!
sunshine

Lexington, SC

#7 Jun 8, 2008
this is probably the most touching thing i've ever heard. maybe a miracle can happen, and she'll live longer. i hope so. they are obviously so in love. and it must be so hard on the groom. god bless this couple. i'll keep them in my prayers.

“Please don't feed the trolls.”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#8 Jun 8, 2008
Love can heal a lot...maybe this will be the catalyst for some more time.
Concerned Citizen

Columbia, SC

#9 Jun 9, 2008
My blessings for the newlyweds. Also, my thoughts and prayers for this young woman and her battle. May God bestow one of his great miracle on you, so you and your new husband may live a long happy life!
REALIST

Toronto, Canada

#10 Jun 9, 2008
and this is news because..........
Race baiter

United States

#11 Jun 9, 2008
REALIST wrote:
Ignore all posts from Realist.

“If you can't be a good example”

Since: Mar 07

be a warning

#13 Jun 9, 2008
REALIST wrote:
.....it has something you don't, a heart...
race baiter

United States

#14 Jun 9, 2008
REALIST wrote:
<quoted text>
again. go f**k yoself. you are not the boss of me.
Ignore all posts from realist.
LBS

Sumter, SC

#15 Jun 9, 2008
REALIST wrote:
Because it is a touching human interest story....duh
Pappyki

Dalzell, SC

#16 Jun 9, 2008
great story, i pray for a miracle but two questions come to mind

how much life insurance does she have?

Does he know he just signed up to cover her hospital bills for her remaining time?

“Please don't feed the trolls.”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#17 Jun 9, 2008
Pappyki wrote:
great story, i pray for a miracle but two questions come to mind
how much life insurance does she have?
Does he know he just signed up to cover her hospital bills for her remaining time?
I don't think it matters. Debts incurred before marriage aren't transferrable anyway, for the most part. Besides, she might just make it! Stranger things have happened.
Bucfan

United States

#19 Jun 9, 2008
REALIST wrote:
<quoted text>
the end of racism by you dumba$$crackers would be a touching human interest story.
Then keep your A$$ up in Toronto and stay the he77 out of America. I'm sure there are enough issues to deal with there. Don't ruin this thread with your hatred.
straighten it

Columbia, SC

#22 Jun 9, 2008
Pam wrote:
So-o-o happy for them. What a blessing to have the help of others to see this through.
"Please Stop", you are so right. When I was 26 & my boyfriend was 32, he had been diagnosed with malignant melanoma. We thought he was "clear" of any, but it came back & had spread. He had to have a tracheostomy & we planned to get married when he got out of the hospital. Sadly, his condition worsened & he died within a couple of days. I often wish we had been married @ the hospital. The chaplain knew our plans. Please let others know you love them.
Wow Pam, our stories are sadly too familiar. This June 30 marks the 7th year since my husband died of cancer at 32 yo and I was 27. I am sure he was a special beautiful person as Joseph was. I hope you are doing well and can take comfort that you were there when he needed you the most.Continue to be strong and I hope you are able to enjoy life because we both learned early on how short and precious life is.
Concerned Citizen

Columbia, SC

#23 Jun 9, 2008
REALIST wrote:
<quoted text>
the end of racism by you dumba$$crackers would be a touching human interest story.
You need a life! Stay in Canada, we don't need people like you who are always trying to start racial tension on these blogs. There is good and bad in all races, but it's people like you who are intent on always trying to start mess. Get a grip!! Many prayers and blessings to this couple.
REALIST

Toronto, Canada

#24 Jun 9, 2008
Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
You need a life! Stay in Canada, we don't need people like you who are always trying to start racial tension on these blogs. There is good and bad in all races, but it's people like you who are intent on always trying to start mess. Get a grip!! Many prayers and blessings to this couple.
yeah, but the most bad reside in the dumba$$cracker race. that's the problem you idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
holy temple church of the lord jesus christ of ... (Mar '13) May 20 Alonzo 514
News Police: Spring Valley teacher's car recovered May 20 prerogmy 1
parental rights in jeopardy....join the fight t... (Mar '12) May 19 Cherie 11
News Study: Good School Libraries Affect Test Scores May 18 Bob 5
Provision Living- Unpaid Lunchbreak Lawsuit May 18 GetYourMoneyBack 1
Auto Money Title Loans Violating SC State Law (Sep '12) May 18 CLASSYLADY 40
Review: DAN Evans Fencing (Oct '14) May 16 Dissatisfied May ... 2
More from around the web

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE