One Killed, Three Injured After Aiken...

One Killed, Three Injured After Aiken County Police Chase

There are 24 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Jun 30, 2007, titled One Killed, Three Injured After Aiken County Police Chase. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

Highway Patrol says one person was killed and three others injured after their car crashed during a police chase on US 25.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Nat In BeechIsland

AOL

#27 Jul 6, 2007
Nat Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
Who were the other children in the car? My son (BRad)is so upset... I hope these children will start thinking more responsibly...
Nat, I am still not sure who the other guys were but I can tell you that I have know your son for about 7 years, he was friends with my boys (Raymond, Brandon & Drew). I saw Brad at the funeral home and was very upset. He is a great kid.
You are right I really hope these kids wake up, your life can be ended so quickly. And now our community has lost another child.
Joy Groomes Batchelor

AOL

#28 Jul 6, 2007
Sorry Nat , Put your name where mine went.

For all of the people that are being so cold hearted: A child, Coby Plowden , was killed.
His parents will never again see his smiling face nor his friends. He was a passenger!!!!!
The driver didn't stop and take a vote before he decided to run from the police. I have heard that Coby was trying to jump out of the car (convertible). I know Coby and I have never known him to drink or do drugs. So NO he didn't get what he deserved!! No child deserves to die, no matter what.
The driver was 22 years old, I still wouldn't call him a man, he is a young adult, his brain still thinks like a child. A child will try and hide what they have done. This guy tried to run. He is at fault for the death of Coby.
And as far as the chase, I personally don't think that police should give chase, in this case anyway. They saw the car speeding in a 35 mph zone but because of the chase they were going over 100mph, plus the chase went on for over 5 miles on a busy 4 lane hwy.
And I just think that the police would have been able to see that it was a car load of kids.
Everyone has an opinion on this, and no one will ever agree. But the main focus should be on educating our kids to make better choices and changing the laws that pertain to underage drinking. Plus the DUI laws are just to slack.
We loose over 17,000 people per year to drinking and driving related wrecks. I use the word wreck because drinking and driving is never an accident.
Joy Groomes Batchelor

AOL

#29 Jul 6, 2007
ONE LESS wrote:
SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST.
I pray for your cold heart>
proud to have my children

Augusta, GA

#30 Mar 30, 2013
Ya know, it has a lot to do with parenting and teaching them right and all and KNOWING who they are with or plan to be with and what they plan on doing. I know you are going to say...you can't do that...guess what bullchit, you can to, if you want to make sure they are safe. The boys in the car that night were all drunk and using "happy pills and other things", what is a 17 year doing out there drinking, I mean really come on, where were their moms and dads. I was deeply saddened by this loss, but parents need to be more involved not just who they hang out with but who they are livin with to if they aren't living at home, forwhatever reason

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
parental rights in jeopardy....join the fight t... (Mar '12) 2 hr April Alston 13
News Pastor Accused of Criminal Sexual Conduct (Mar '07) 6 hr Mary 191
News Three Arrested for Stealing 11 Trailers, 2 Cars (Jul '07) Wed AintNoDummy 62
Fire Wed MWbirdhunter 1
holy temple church of the lord jesus christ of ... (Mar '13) Sep 1 Alonzo 541
Why I Support Trump Aug 30 Trump or Sanders 35
News Resident runs throughout Aiken County for ALS a... Aug 25 Edgardo Dealez 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages