One Killed, Three Injured After Aiken County Police Chase

Full story: WLTX Columbia

Highway Patrol says one person was killed and three others injured after their car crashed during a police chase on US 25.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Boudreaux

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2007

Ah, a happy ending...

“Country Girl”

Since: May 07

The real Boonedocks

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2007

Why do people run away from police officers ? I am not being ugly , but if anyone had to be killed, I hope it was the driver. He or she would have to face killing a friend or relative for the rest of their life. People should stay legal and they wouldn't have a reason to run.
Harry

Montgomery Village, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2007

Honest One wrote:
Why do people run away from police officers ? I am not being ugly , but if anyone had to be killed, I hope it was the driver. He or she would have to face killing a friend or relative for the rest of their life. People should stay legal and they wouldn't have a reason to run.
Even if they are legal, it makes no sense to run from the law because radios are much faster than cars.

Since: Jun 07

bronx,ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2007

Harry wrote:
<quoted text>Even if they are legal, it makes no sense to run from the law because radios are much faster than cars.
i tell young mens that all the time yes you may out run that cop car but not the radios
Lugoff

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2007

Honest One wrote:
I agree. I hope it wasn't a passenger that was killed.
Joy Groomes Batchelor

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2007

Yes it was a passenger killed, a 17 year old boy. The driver ran from the police and flipped the car and Coby was killed(passenger)
cin

Fort Valley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2007

miracle they did not kill someone else in the process... running from??? prayers to loves ones but tragic wake up call for "stop being stupid".
The American Dream

Leesville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2007

Well it appears that since all 4 were ejected it will be hard to issue citations!
Cobys Aunt

Panama City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2007

ONE LESS wrote:
SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST.
You have no right to call this survival of the fittest. My teenage nephew was the passenger in this car and was killed immediately. He had no control over the events that led to his death.
Nat Jones

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2007

Joy Groomes Batchelor wrote:
Yes it was a passenger killed, a 17 year old boy. The driver ran from the police and flipped the car and Coby was killed(passenger)
Who were the other children in the car? My son (BRad)is so upset... I hope these children will start thinking more responsibly...
iagreewithcobysa unt

Augusta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2007

My good friend was a friend of coby's and I knew another guy in the car as well,,who is being charged ??? who was driving???
iagreewithcobysa unt

Augusta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2007

i've heard rumors about who was driving but i want to know if it is who i think it is...
Mr_Anonymous

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2007

I like to know what reason they police had for chasing them before making a judgement.

If it wasn't a felony persuit, then F the police for another bad persuit.

If the cops chased them merely for running away if they were being pulled over for a broken taillight, the police are responisble for the deaths and injuries.

People run for the cops for very many reasons that are not felonies. Suspended licenses, paranoia etc... and in those cases, a police chase only puts the public in danger.
Lugoff
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2007

Mr_Anonymous wrote:
I like to know what reason they police had for chasing them before making a judgement.
If the cops chased them merely for running away if they were being pulled over for a broken taillight, the police are responisble for the deaths and injuries.
People run for the cops for very many reasons that are not felonies. Suspended licenses, paranoia etc... and in those cases, a police chase only puts the public in danger.
One word for you: IDIOT.
Masters in History

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2007

Mr_Anonymous wrote:
Obviously, this buffoon has had some kind of run-in's with the law. Here's a better idea, If the person is aware of the police chasing them, and still does not stop, the the cop should at the first available moment during the chase, open up on the driver...doesnt matter if he's a teenage punk who's parents always made excuses for him. Or an adult, just put enough lead into them to stop them.

They are essentially driving a two thousand pound bullet and they could wipe out a whole family, yet punks think running is cool, If the police start shooting these fleeing felons then I bet police chases will be a thing of the past.
Likewise, DUI's who are responsible for fatal accidents. If there has been a fatality and a driver blows over the leagal limit, then we need a law were the police could summarily execute them on the spot...that is, the policeman simply pulls out his pistol and screws it in drivers ear and WHAM.

Other than that, the above story was a happy ending
Lonewolf

Leesville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2007

For whatever reason,if one chooses to run from the police,then it's that driver's fault for whoever is injured or killed.Anyone that can justify blaming the police is a complete and utter moron.
Mr_Anonymous

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2007

The police were going to pull car over for speeding. The police decided to put the lives of the public and themselves in danger because of it.

I blame the police for esclating the chase. They have a responisblity to protect everyone including those who decide to run from the police.

Because of the police one person is dead who wasn't the driver. Other innocents victims were seriously hurt. I hope they use the police over this, it's the only way that over-zealous cops are going to stop these things.

More and more in places that are 2 decades ahead of South Carolina are starting to ban chases for anything except known felonies.
Citizen On Patrol

Lexington, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2007

Mr_Anonymous wrote:
The police were going to pull car over for speeding. The police decided to put the lives of the public and themselves in danger because of it.
I blame the police for esclating the chase. They have a responisblity to protect everyone including those who decide to run from the police.
Because of the police one person is dead who wasn't the driver. Other innocents victims were seriously hurt. I hope they use the police over this, it's the only way that over-zealous cops are going to stop these things.
More and more in places that are 2 decades ahead of South Carolina are starting to ban chases for anything except known felonies.
Police do not esculate or initiate a pursuit. The driver of the vehicle in question chose to initiate the pursuit when he ran. The police had no way of knowing if this person or persons had just killed someone or robbed a store. My prayers to the family of the passenger who was killed because he had no choice but to ride along when the driver got stupid. Sounds like Mr Anonymous may have had a few run ins with the law and by the way he is talking he will probably run when an officer tries to pull him over. You're probably another one that hates the police until you need them. Then you probably start yelling because they don't get there fast enough.
Honest One

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2007

1134pwnsHonest1 wrote:
<quoted text>
People run because they don't want to go to jail! DUUUUUUHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! It's natural human (animal) instinct not to want to be locked up in a cage.
If you were only speeding or some other traffic violation , you get a ticket . No trip to jail . This driver chose to flee and now they have killed a friend . If you chose to flee , guess what,a trip to jail for sure.
Duh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 2, 2007

Masters in History wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, this buffoon has had some kind of run-in's with the law. Here's a better idea, If the person is aware of the police chasing them, and still does not stop, the the cop should at the first available moment during the chase, open up on the driver...doesnt matter if he's a teenage punk who's parents always made excuses for him. Or an adult, just put enough lead into them to stop them.
They are essentially driving a two thousand pound bullet and they could wipe out a whole family, yet punks think running is cool, If the police start shooting these fleeing felons then I bet police chases will be a thing of the past.
Likewise, DUI's who are responsible for fatal accidents. If there has been a fatality and a driver blows over the leagal limit, then we need a law were the police could summarily execute them on the spot...that is, the policeman simply pulls out his pistol and screws it in drivers ear and WHAM.
Other than that, the above story was a happy ending
Gee! I thought I was harsh! I like the idea of a forward firing 50 caliber rifle with a front sight hood ornament. This would save lives as pursuits would be drasticlly reduced.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of24
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Columbia Forum right now

Search the Columbia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Allow the Mosque or Not at Ground Zero (Aug '10) 34 min Justice 5,647
Auto Money Title Loans Violating SC State Law (Sep '12) 22 hr whatever 17
Sarah Palin NUDE NAKED , WOW WHAT A ASS !! ( hi... (Oct '10) Thu jose c 4
Rebuilding Hope for Diabetic Neuropathy Sufferers (Mar '07) Apr 16 Sopranokds 13
Review: Anytime Fitness (Apr '09) Apr 16 Brenda 126
Why I Should Move to South Carolina? (Sep '11) Apr 15 OTTO 28
SC Sen. Hutto to Run for Graham's US Senate Seat Apr 14 The Gander 2
•••
•••
•••
Columbia Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Columbia Jobs

•••