S.C. Man Wins Powerball Twice - Just Not the Jackpot

Full story: WLTX Columbia 26
Francis Stephenson is a lucky man. He has won $1.4 million with two winning Powerball tickets. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mr mackey

United States

#1 Aug 10, 2007
Winning even 5 numbers TWICE seems theoretically impossible...does he work at the lottery commission?
First Amendment

Columbia, SC

#2 Aug 10, 2007
Lightening does strike twice in one place, although the odds will differ.
Lonewolf

Batesburg, SC

#3 Aug 10, 2007
What are the odds?.........
holey schnikeys

Allendale, SC

#5 Aug 10, 2007
related2francis1134 wrote:
I'm writing this guy a letter and I am going to beg for about 10 grand. If he is a true christian and God loves me he will give it to me.
one of two things will prevent you from obtaining the 10 grand - either he is not a Christian or God does not love you.

Just going by your logic, why not write a letter to every church in the state begging for ten grand and you should be a millionaire in no time....
shelby

Sumter, SC

#6 Aug 10, 2007
Lonewolf wrote:
What are the odds?.........
Odds of matching the five white balls is one in little over 3.5 million each drawing. He has i lucky horse shoe somewhere.
mr mackey

United States

#7 Aug 10, 2007
holey schnikeys wrote:
<quoted text>
one of two things will prevent you from obtaining the 10 grand - either he is not a Christian or God does not love you.
Just going by your logic, why not write a letter to every church in the state begging for ten grand and you should be a millionaire in no time....
or just start your own church...you can just print a preacher certificate
larissa holloway

United States

#8 Aug 10, 2007
wow you are a lucky man god bless you
larissa holloway

United States

#9 Aug 10, 2007
you are a realy bless man to have hit that power ball two times god bless you

BWG

“Cogito ergo sum”

Since: May 07

Irmo

#11 Aug 10, 2007
$1.5 Million would be enough for me.
Soon unemployed

United States

#12 Aug 10, 2007
He should frankly feel blessed that God has given him such a financial blessing not once but twice. There are many people not as fortunate and I personally would not need or want to play the powerball if I won one of his 2 prizes. Greed is a sin.
Bug

Columbia, SC

#13 Aug 10, 2007
LOOKING FOR SUGAR DADDY !!! Please call!!!
Surprised

West Columbia, SC

#15 Aug 10, 2007
Lotto1134 wrote:
<quoted text>
God hates me so I hate him back. Churches only hand out 20-40$ at a time and then they want you to sit and pray with them. I aint got no time for that. Some churches even hand out checks, so I got to pay someone to cash it, WTF???
OK, I take the bait...do you spend your days preying on and scamming churches, or are you being silly and sarcastic? If the first is the case, it's people like you who make it hard for people in honest need because churches have been scammed so many times they must be careful. It's people like you - or at least with your attitude - who lie to get money, food, or whatever from the church then walk away laughing at the "church" for being so gullible and stupid. Are you one of those who go from church to church to church with the sad, pitiful story about hard times, no money for food or milk for the baby, etc.?
mr mackey

United States

#16 Aug 10, 2007
Surprised wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, I take the bait...do you spend your days preying on and scamming churches, or are you being silly and sarcastic? If the first is the case, it's people like you who make it hard for people in honest need because churches have been scammed so many times they must be careful. It's people like you - or at least with your attitude - who lie to get money, food, or whatever from the church then walk away laughing at the "church" for being so gullible and stupid. Are you one of those who go from church to church to church with the sad, pitiful story about hard times, no money for food or milk for the baby, etc.?
no, she's too smart for that...just making a statement about how easy it commonly is..
chuck

Quitman, AR

#18 Aug 10, 2007
did he use quick pick or pick his numbers????????
HUH

Columbia, SC

#19 Aug 10, 2007
You guys are so stupid! Do you really think God is up there "blessing" people with lottery earnings? If he was... don't you think he would do that for people who REALLY need it. Say... the homeless.
Olive Oyl

Columbia, SC

#20 Aug 10, 2007
I get so tired of hearing lottery winners whine and complain they didn't win the "big" money and ONLY won a "LITTLE" amoung (like 1.5 million,$500,000, etc.)

Be THANKFUL for the "little" amounts you've won! Now you can go out and by the double wide you've always dreamed of!
shock

AOL

#22 Aug 11, 2007
wow
locism

United States

#23 Aug 11, 2007
Why is that when people win some money or win some kind of award they thank GOD? What does God have to do with you winning anything? What about the other people who prayed and lost? Were they not WORTHY?

I'm not saying that the winner who won over 1 Million thank God or anything. I just notice some of the post that mention God.

I figure i throw that in to see what people will respond with. I'm sure some will be unpleasant but i'll be able to move on.
pepsicock

United States

#24 Aug 12, 2007
Talking about lighting striking twice! Most I ever won is $35! What a lucky dude! Way to go! Somebody's got win!
tonya

Myrtle Beach, SC

#25 Aug 13, 2007
you people are so stupid. the lotto is fixed. the man did not win it all goes back to the gov. and they free him of taxes and give him a small check to keep his mouth shut.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lexington Poker Ring: Where "The Tape" Came From (Aug '12) 20 hr games online 88
Allow the Mosque or Not at Ground Zero (Aug '10) Sat Justice 5,672
Kershaw's Matthews selected 2014 `Sheriff of th... (May '14) Dec 23 Warden of Kershaw 2
Auto Money Title Loans Violating SC State Law (Sep '12) Dec 20 People Search 31
READ about Jeb Bush & family before voting Dec 15 voter b aware 1
Sharing My Girlfriend Dec 14 kikguy024 3
Naked Couple Fall Off Building in South Carolina (Jun '07) Dec 10 Dr Rocky 28
Columbia Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbia News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbia

Personal Finance