Jason Bates

Summerville, SC

#1 Jan 1, 2014
I married a woman with 2 kids. We are now expecting our first child together. But something else is bothering me. Why does my stepkids dad get treated better than I do, but he does nothing! He only calls on birthdays and Christmas! Twice a year, if that! We went to my wife's home state for Christmas and he was supposed to take them bowling, but never showed up. My wife didn't call or text to blast him out. She has blasted me out in the past for buying the kids too much stuff for school! Wth?!! If I had promised to take them somewhere but canceled, she would've cussed me out or given me the silent treatment. He called our house out of the blue yesterday and she didn't give him a piece of her mind. So I snooped on our cell bill usage and saw he texted her at 1226 last night to wish her a happy new year I guess and she responded at 8 this morning when I was in the shower. How is it that I do everything for her and the kids, but she's so quick to go off on me and treat me like trash, but never confront this dude on consistent child support and lying to her kids about seeing them? I'm about to freaking explode! I'm the one who's suffered the most financially since we've been married! But if I got more respect, I wouldn't feel like I do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Will smart-looking glasses do the trick for Ric... (Jun '15) 4 hr VorenusI 3
News Resident runs throughout Aiken County for ALS a... (Aug '15) 8 hr Mrs Laney Riley 55
traffic Sun Toomuchtraffic 1
News What Is It With SC Sheriffs? (Jul '12) Jun 23 Anonymous 4
News Accident Slows Traffic on Garners Ferry Road (Mar '08) Jun 22 Tammy 22
holy temple church of the lord jesus christ of ... (Mar '13) Jun 17 Alonzo 1,400
parental rights in jeopardy....join the fight t... (Mar '12) Jun 16 Tweetyone 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages