Government Approves New ADHD Drug

Government Approves New ADHD Drug

There are 14 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Feb 23, 2007, titled Government Approves New ADHD Drug. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

The federal government is giving approval to a new drug to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

Lonewolf

Leesville, SC

#1 Feb 23, 2007
Don't worry someone will figure out a way to abuse this new drug,it's just a matter of tome.
Joe

Elgin, SC

#2 Feb 25, 2007
Great. Let's drug every last dag nab kid in America into submission. That's give the Asian geniuses even more of a head start.
Dale Miller

Englewood, CO

#3 Feb 28, 2007
If parents would feed children good food instead of sugar and contaminated grain they wouldn't be about to jump out of their skin. Think about it.
Dale Miller

Englewood, CO

#4 Feb 28, 2007
Drugs aren't the answer. The drug companys are making enough money off of malnutritioned americans as it is. If God didn't make it don't eat it. Live by that and see how much better you feel.Think about it.

“Give Peace a Chance!!!”

Since: Jan 07

Columbia, SC

#5 Feb 28, 2007
Lonewolf wrote:
Don't worry someone will figure out a way to abuse this new drug,it's just a matter of tome.
It worked for Ritalin. It's on sale on any campus! My own daughter was approached by some kid selling it for $5 per tablet.

“Sick, Twisted Freak”

Since: Feb 07

Columba, SC

#6 Feb 28, 2007
I have an answer for ADHD. It is a new treatment called Spankbottom. From the makers of the Paddle, it is a new, effective treatment for the 90% of the cases that are diagnosed as ADHD, but are really just bad children. Shown to be more effective with none of the addictive side effects of those other ADHD meds. It is not a tablet or injection, but a belt applied squarely to the butt. Side effects may include the following: inability to sit down for extended amounts of time, uncontrollable crying, redness, and possibly bruising. May be used as frequently as needed per day. Ask your doctor/pharmacist about Spankbottom today.
Linda

Las Vegas, NV

#7 Mar 2, 2007
Bigdoggy wrote:
I have an answer for ADHD. It is a new treatment called Spankbottom. From the makers of the Paddle, it is a new, effective treatment for the 90% of the cases that are diagnosed as ADHD, but are really just bad children. Shown to be more effective with none of the addictive side effects of those other ADHD meds. It is not a tablet or injection, but a belt applied squarely to the butt. Side effects may include the following: inability to sit down for extended amounts of time, uncontrollable crying, redness, and possibly bruising. May be used as frequently as needed per day. Ask your doctor/pharmacist about Spankbottom today.
Boy, I tell ya, some people .... you obviouslyhave no idea what ADD or ADHD is like or even about. Bad kids eh? Live with the war in YOUR head and tell me about it.

“Sick, Twisted Freak”

Since: Feb 07

Columba, SC

#8 Mar 4, 2007
Linda wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, I tell ya, some people .... you obviouslyhave no idea what ADD or ADHD is like or even about. Bad kids eh? Live with the war in YOUR head and tell me about it.
Boy, i guess those 6 years of pharmacy school, 1 year of residency, doctor of pharmacy, and 7 years of practice never taught me a single thing about medicine. I have not seen hundreds of patients with ADHD and know exactly what is going on with them. I really believe that stupid people who don't know what spaces are should be allowed to post on this forum. It makes the smarter people who post on this forum look bad. Also, if you would read the post, I give the fact that about 10% of ADHD cases are legit.
meg

Sewaren, NJ

#9 Apr 3, 2007
I am an adult with ADD and medications for me have been EXTREMELY helpful!!!

I was never medicated as a child because my parents would not even think of being SMART enough to help their suffering, miserable child!!!!

I am so very grateful that if taken as prescribed....these drugs work wonders and enable me to concentrate, not be as impulsive as I once was, and collect SSD because I have ADHD and a spinal cord injury, so I do not have to work!!!
I would love to be able to work, especially after attaining three college degrees, however, I would rather focus on what I can do to help others in need and tell ignorant people that they are judging something they know nothing about and when you people have a degree in medicine, then maybe people like myself would care what you think....It (ignorant comments about ADHD) is as bad as dems. ripping the president to pieces for his horrific mistakes....I say to those angered democrats....If you can run the country...please do and see if you can improve the situation....I feel sorry for the ignorance of you all and will hope and pray that you just let your children become crack addicts or drug dealers because they were not treated for a very real problem!!!!
meg

Sewaren, NJ

#10 Apr 3, 2007
Lonewolf wrote:
Don't worry someone will figure out a way to abuse this new drug,it's just a matter of tome.
Do you have a high school diploma, at least!!!!!!!
meg

Sewaren, NJ

#11 Apr 3, 2007
Bigdoggy wrote:
<quoted text>

Boy, i guess those 6 years of pharmacy school, 1 year of residency, doctor of pharmacy, and 7 years of practice never taught me a single thing about medicine. I have not seen hundreds of patients with ADHD and know exactly what is going on with them. I really believe that stupid people who don't know what spaces are should be allowed to post on this forum. It makes the smarter people who post on this forum look bad. Also, if you would read the post, I give the fact that about 10% of ADHD cases are legit.
OK, now, we do not have to be soooo defensive....It just shows insecurities that need to be worked out....and I agree with you, but being angry will not allow these ignorant mfers to understand!!!
meg

Sewaren, NJ

#12 Apr 3, 2007
Linda wrote:
<quoted text>

Boy, I tell ya, some people .... you obviouslyhave no idea what ADD or ADHD is like or even about. Bad kids eh? Live with the war in YOUR head and tell me about it.
Please do not get angered by the IGNORANT ones' in the world....they are in denial of their own problems!!
Jared
#13 Sep 24, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.
bsm0815

United States

#14 Mar 20, 2015
Im 42 years old and spanking me would have never worked. if it did id probably spank myself. I can tell you right now that the brain of someone with ADHD feels different. Just because its hard to explain, doesn't mean it doesn't exist .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The church IN the Lord Jesus Christ-Hartsville (Jan '13) 19 hr SITLA 47
Marie Hicks Inabinett Mon Website Reader 8
Three kidnappers Aug 17 One word 1
News Georgia Family Settles Autism Suit (Mar '08) Aug 11 Pacolito 118
News 3rd recruit dies during basic at Fort Jackson b... (Mar '09) Aug 9 Ranger Joe 363
Read about the 3 Hebrew Boys and CCG (Jun '07) Aug 9 Power Ranger 2,541
Pain Clinic and primary Care Aug 4 Old age is a pain 1

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages