Woman Donates Blood Plasma for Gas Money

Woman Donates Blood Plasma for Gas Money

There are 75 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from May 20, 2008, titled Woman Donates Blood Plasma for Gas Money. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

Just another sign of the times: now, people are resorting to selling their blood plasma to get gas money.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Christina

United States

#63 Jun 30, 2008
Ummm, Bush owns like 3 out of 4 oil rigs, so what he did was give us all stimulas checks so we would turn around and give it to him through gas. Its brillant! He's about to be out of office soon so what better way to make eveyone pleased and at the same time, jack up gas prices to make some extra bucks in his pocket? People are so happy to get money back that they don't even relize that Bush is doing it for himself, not us.
Christina

United States

#64 Jun 30, 2008
mean_old_man wrote:
<quoted text>
WLTX only posted the story on their website. The story was produced by a CBS affiliate in Texas.
I guess they have slow news days in Texas, too.
I STILL say she should have brought a hybrid....
Ummm.....If she can't afford gas, how can she afford a hybrid? And news flash grumpy...Hybrids don't save you that much money unless you do max of like 28 miles/hour all day long...and for real...who does that?
Christina

United States

#65 Jun 30, 2008
bobby bill wrote:
Does anyone know when the government is going to start issueing gas vouchers to the poor? I can't make it anymore living off SSI, foodstamps, Medicaid, and a housing voucher. It cost me 14 bucks to fill up my Harley this weekend for the ride to the beach. THE POOR DEMAND GAS VOUCHERS FROM THE GOVERNMENT NOW.. WE DESERVE IT WE ARE AMERICANS.
First off...U drive a harley and your complaining about $14 in gas to go to the beach...Does anyone else see a probablem with this?...Your completely getting all the benifits that you can and still you complain? OMG!!! What is wrong with this world? Your complaining that you had to spend $14 in gas and want free gas...There are people who have to spend alot more and have to feed there kids....Crazy
UNPleased

United States

#66 Jun 30, 2008
The guy is running Lose wrote:
To all asking for advice on what to do because they are having to donate blood to pay their bills b/c of the gas prices.
MAY I ASK, WTF ARE YOU DOING WITH INTERNET AND A COMPUTER IF YOU ARE SO DAM POOR?
ADVICE, GET RID OF INTERNET IDIOTS.
Exuse me if I'm being a little rude, but while reading some of these comments my temper started rising...The only reason I'm reading this right now is because I was looking for information on how to donate myself because I have never done it and I need some money. I read this and it really pees me off!!! You dont know what people's conditions are and nobody should have to explain them to anyone...If you want to go and give something that belongs to you to a place that is going to use it to benefit others and you can get an extra little bit cash in your pocket great~ You know not everyone can be wealthy, the economy makes sure of that! So what if you have internet and donate, does that make you wrong? That is not for you to decide, and if you don't like it don't read the comments!!!! Maybe situations are temporary or maybe they are getting by just find and could use just a little help...who are you to judge, another wealthy person looking down on thoses who really run this country? Yes the small people who are the ones that keep this country going...the ones who pays the most taxes, and get less breaks...and the ones that get sh*tted on! People have been doing this forever, but put someone out there who isn't afraid to say that they do it for gas and you have people who are shocked...that is crazy, and you ser are a JERK!!!!!

“ illegitimus non carborundum”

Since: May 08

Columbia, S.C.

#68 Jul 1, 2008
The Real Lori wrote:
Heck, I have sold blood plasma in my younger days to buy food, gas, diapers, all that. I am out of school and well off now, but I can see why people do it. I have been there, and honestly, I sympathize.
But, at least you are doing something good for other people, it is legal, and no one gets hurt.
I wonder how long before the government catches on and starts taxing us for selling our own blood! Before you know it, they'll be taxing us for the air we breathe, even the blood *already* in our veins as potential income!
rAMEN, sister !!!!

Columbia, S.C.

#69 Jul 1, 2008
UNPleased wrote:
<quoted text> Exuse me if I'm being a little rude, but while reading some of these comments my temper started rising...The only reason I'm reading this right now is because I was looking for information on how to donate myself because I have never done it and I need some money. I read this and it really pees me off!!! You dont know what people's conditions are and nobody should have to explain them to anyone...If you want to go and give something that belongs to you to a place that is going to use it to benefit others and you can get an extra little bit cash in your pocket great~ You know not everyone can be wealthy, the economy makes sure of that! So what if you have internet and donate, does that make you wrong? That is not for you to decide, and if you don't like it don't read the comments!!!! Maybe situations are temporary or maybe they are getting by just find and could use just a little help...who are you to judge, another wealthy person looking down on thoses who really run this country? Yes the small people who are the ones that keep this country going...the ones who pays the most taxes, and get less breaks...and the ones that get sh*tted on! People have been doing this forever, but put someone out there who isn't afraid to say that they do it for gas and you have people who are shocked...that is crazy, and you ser are a JERK!!!!!
i used to sell plasma at a place down on assembly street...it's not so bad.
plasmanator

United States

#70 Jul 8, 2008
How can he do it 3 times a week? I can only do it twice a week. I go every Sunday and Tuesday.
plasmanator

United States

#71 Jul 8, 2008
I wish I could donate 3 times a week. I thought the FDA regulated it down to 2 times a week. I go every Sunday and Tuesday. There is nothing to it. It is like having a part time job that you only have to work 3 hrs a week and you get $60. that is $240 a month. That helps out a lot. I dont care how much money you have.

Columbia, S.C.

#72 Jul 8, 2008
plasmanator wrote:
I wish I could donate 3 times a week. I thought the FDA regulated it down to 2 times a week. I go every Sunday and Tuesday. There is nothing to it. It is like having a part time job that you only have to work 3 hrs a week and you get $60. that is $240 a month. That helps out a lot. I dont care how much money you have.
you're better than me! i stuck to once a week.

“peace and blessings”

Columbia, SC

#73 Jul 9, 2008
yikes...i hate needles too much to do this.
USC Gal

Columbia, SC

#74 Mar 19, 2009
Jack Black wrote:
In my early 20's i sold my plasma for beer money.....
haha my mom did too! im in college now, and am seriously thinking about doing it. spring break made me poor!!!
Teresa

Columbia, SC

#75 Jun 18, 2011
Douchebag said,

"MAY I ASK, WTF ARE YOU DOING WITH INTERNET AND A COMPUTER IF YOU ARE SO DAM POOR?
ADVICE, GET RID OF INTERNET IDIOTS."

Hi there, but did you stop to think that maybe some of these folks are using the free internet at their local library????

“Lets take America Back!”

Since: Apr 07

America, U,S,A.

#76 Jun 18, 2011
Teresa wrote:
Douchebag said,
"MAY I ASK, WTF ARE YOU DOING WITH INTERNET AND A COMPUTER IF YOU ARE SO DAM POOR?
ADVICE, GET RID OF INTERNET IDIOTS."
Hi there, but did you stop to think that maybe some of these folks are using the free internet at their local library????
LOL. Good brown shirt, good. Now sit!
matt

Phoenix, AZ

#77 Aug 30, 2013
Me and my wife earn $440 donating plasma, and rent is $450! Math is not my best subject, but, when I did the bath on that.....easy answer!!
lady luck

Norcross, GA

#78 Oct 22, 2014
BUG wrote:
<quoted text>
screw the poor... its the middle class that needs help... the poor already mooch enough!!!
Omg...did this person really said poor people..ur only poor bc u choose to be. And ur not to poor ur on the freakin internet..GET A D*** JOB.. thats the word of the day.J~O~B. find one BUM

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Palmetto Commercial Services Apr 14 sarahgivens 1
News Columbia Police Officer Arrested (Sep '07) Apr 12 Tate 2
The classlessness of "activist Elaine Cooper". Apr 8 one whe knows more 1
HR Allen, Inc Electric (Jul '16) Mar 31 Everybody Knows 6
Postix Mar 29 D4wdman 1
The church IN the Lord Jesus Christ-Hartsville (Jan '13) Mar 27 Truth 65
uconn 94...s car 65 Mar 26 Dan 1

Columbia Jobs

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages