Judge makes order permanent in Episcopal schism

Jan 31, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Lake Wylie Pilot

Circuit Court Judge Diane Goodstein issued a permanent injunction Thursday ruling only churches that left The Episcopal Church last year may use the name the Diocese of South Carolina ...

Comments
121 - 140 of 147 Comments Last updated Feb 26, 2013

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Phil McGroen wrote:
<quoted text>
Reverend Flatulence,
You were so long winded in your inquiry I would have never come to the conclusion and the point of your question.
When you preach or ramble, which ever it is, are you constantly looking in the mirror too?
You are asking me to tell you which scriptures among the Dead Sea Scrolls are legitimate? Is that what you are asking.
It appears from your blathering that you teachers have confused you with as they say in the Corp. "bravo sierra."
Is this your only question or does it have equally other rambling disjointed conclusions based on assumption posed by other assumptions?
Simply put, cut to the chase! I'll entertain three questions which are logical, not speclative, gramatically correct so as to not be vague or misleading and are pointed toward some conclusion, not merely more "confusion." You have had a real hard time as your pompous attitude seems to fog your reasoning.
Don't merely repaste my entire comments unless you need the citation to stay on task. Even if you don't at least try to appear that you have some level of understanding and not merely blind contradiction.
Phil, a slave of Jesus Christ,
What's the matter, Phil? Are you embarrassed by your inability to respond without insulting?

Here is the quote you gave, Phil:

2 Timothy 3:16-17, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

I simply asked you to identify scripture within the Dead Sea Scrolls that either is or is not regarded, by you, under your study of scripture, to be Holy Scripture, "God-breathed."

The Dead Sea Scrolls contained a lot of non-scriptural material. I am not asking about that. I am asking about texts that Paul understood to be "Holy Scripture" at the time to which the writer of the 2nd Letter to Timothy makes reference.

But, I don't think you have the background to be able to answer that question or provide that list. So, to cover your inability to answer, you resort to insulting.

To answer that question, one has to study the period in which Paul (Saul) was a student and became a scribe, in order to find out which texts were considered by the Jews at the time to be legitimately of divine origin. This is not a trick question. It is a question of context and Jewish canon.

To be honest, Phil, you ought to just say, "I don't know the answer to your question." Then, if you want to say, "... and I don't care, because I don't think it matters, anyway," that would be consistent.

So. Let's go about asking and getting to an answer of the same question, but in a sort of reverse chronology. If you can't figure out how to answer this one, your insults are going to be seen as kind of hollow.

Question #1:

What bible do you approve of, as being The One your sect of Christians believes is "God-breathed?"

Ken

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Oh cheesecake, come on back and enlighten us!

LOL....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the matter, Phil? Are you embarrassed by your inability to respond without insulting?
Here is the quote you gave, Phil:
2 Timothy 3:16-17, "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."
I simply asked you to identify scripture within the Dead Sea Scrolls that either is or is not regarded, by you, under your study of scripture, to be Holy Scripture, "God-breathed."
The Dead Sea Scrolls contained a lot of non-scriptural material. I am not asking about that. I am asking about texts that Paul understood to be "Holy Scripture" at the time to which the writer of the 2nd Letter to Timothy makes reference.
But, I don't think you have the background to be able to answer that question or provide that list. So, to cover your inability to answer, you resort to insulting.
To answer that question, one has to study the period in which Paul (Saul) was a student and became a scribe, in order to find out which texts were considered by the Jews at the time to be legitimately of divine origin. This is not a trick question. It is a question of context and Jewish canon.
To be honest, Phil, you ought to just say, "I don't know the answer to your question." Then, if you want to say, "... and I don't care, because I don't think it matters, anyway," that would be consistent.
So. Let's go about asking and getting to an answer of the same question, but in a sort of reverse chronology. If you can't figure out how to answer this one, your insults are going to be seen as kind of hollow.
Question #1:
What bible do you approve of, as being The One your sect of Christians believes is "God-breathed?"
Ken
Here ya go, Phil. Post #123 above.
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Why the DSC became a topic or your self-righteous spring board is unsure but I believe you to be disingenuous enough to not really care. Perhaps you've read articles related to it, without actually understanding their implications.

Let's start with the Book of Leviticus which is included in the KJV, the DSC and The Textus Receptus which most serious translations use as their source material.

The Torah or Law of Moses is among the DSS as well as portions of Joshua, Judges, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Palms and Proverbs.

I really don't see why you even breached the topic of the DSS other than in another attempt in self-aggrandizement. Since you HIDE YOUR location, I would guess that you really are only a "nominal" reverend because you are definitely not an "effective" reverend.{Like that one your Smolieest? LOL!} Mostly likely a self-imposed leader of some church that does not exist.

The Dead Sea Scrolls do not teach any New Gospel nor abrogate the teachings of Jesus, Paul, Peter, Apollos, et.al especially in regard to the "sins and filth of the flesh."

If you are willing affirm that the Torah included in the Textus Receptus, the KJV and the DSS have standing in this issue and regard I will take it you have a sincere interest in exploring the moral teachings of this deadly sin. If not it will be patiently obvious that you are pretending to be a "reverend" and in entering into this discussion are merely trying to exalt yourself from your hidden location.

So which is it Ken?

Remember Ken, God resists the Proud....which pretty much covers anyone who claims to be a "Reverend." I'll keep you in my prayers though.

Phil, a slave of Jesus the Christ.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Phil McGroen wrote:
Why the DSC became a topic or your self-righteous spring board is unsure but I believe you to be disingenuous enough to not really care.

The Dead Sea Scrolls do not teach any New Gospel nor abrogate the teachings of Jesus, Paul, Peter, Apollos, et.al especially in regard to the "sins and filth of the flesh."

If you are willing affirm that the Torah included in the Textus Receptus, the KJV and the DSS have standing in this issue and regard I will take it you have a sincere interest in exploring the moral teachings of this deadly sin. If not it will be patiently obvious that you are pretending to be a "reverend" and in entering into this discussion are merely trying to exalt yourself from your hidden location.
So which is it Ken?

Phil, a slave of Jesus the Christ.
Dear Phil, and fellow slave of Christ Jesus,

Thanks for your reply.

You write: "If you are willing affirm that the Torah included in the Textus Receptus, the KJV and the DSS have standing in this issue and regard I will take it you have a sincere interest in exploring the moral teachings of this deadly sin."

Though you don't actually say this, it appears that you generally hang your hat on the KJV, variations of which are based upon the earlier translations of Erasmus first printed during the Reformation in the early to mid 1500s. Erasmus based his printings on a handful of twelfth Century Greek biblical manuscripts.

At that time, the Koine Greek was barely understood and the Aramaic Hebrew was not very well understood, at all. The Greek of the New Testament is less distinctively Semitic than that of the Septuagint, partly because it appeared 300 years after the texts were first written and partly because it is largely a new composition in Greek, not primarily a translation from biblical Hebrew and biblical Aramaic.

Erasmus' Greek text as modified by Stephanus and Beza is generally regarded to be what is referred to as the Textus Receptus.

All references of this sort, while important to the maintenance of the Original belief of Christianity, are nevertheless, translations. So, whether following the line of the Byzantine Manuscripts or favoring the Alexandrian or relying upon the Latin, these lines being the basis for most of the translations of bibles in use today, if people are basing their faith in the details of text rather than the Teachings in Spirit, they unwittingly cripple and crystallize their own receptivity to the Spirit.

Then, they proceed to teach that crystallization. They call the bible the "Inspired and Inerrant Word of God." This is an attempt to establish authority on the basis of personal interpretations taken from a compilation of translated texts bound into a book.

Above, you wonder why I might make reference to the Dead Sea Scroll materials. You say that I use such materials as a "self-righteous springboard." In fact, it looks like nearly all of the self-righteous statements being made in our conversation are coming from YOU.

No big deal. Be just as self-righteous as you want. I won't be offended. But, please don't get too bent if I don't get particularly overwhelmed by your want, either.

Spirit is real. The book is a guide for preparing oneself to be receptive to the Spirit. The book is not the Spirit, itself. I make reference to the same scriptures that Paul made reference to for the same reasons. Much of what you and I might regard to be scripture today had neither been written nor canonized when the Letters to Timothy were written.

This fact seems to be lost to the comprehension of many as to why faith is even important.

You mention Apollos, the Alexandrian Jew and associate of Paul. Apollos is held in particularly high regard by the Missouri Synod Lutherans. Apollos was effective in teaching and defending the Christian doctrine, even before Paul laid hands on him and blessed him, baptizing him in the Spirit.

Rev. Ken
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Friar Flatulence,

Thanks for clearing the tenor of our discussion by attempting to demonstrate your "higher learning" from your "Hidden Lair."

What is your point, that is assuming that you have a point. Your most recent post is confusion base upon assumption made about my post.

If you have a question and you understand the subject then you should be able to pose a question that is pertinent to the discussion. Unfortunately, your broad assumptions are too porus to distil any type of conclusion.

I am beginning to understand why you hide your location. If you are as boring in person as you are on this thread, you must have a congregation of sleeping profits![I like that one]

Are you saying that "the Spirit" abrogates the Law of Moses, Teachings of Jesus or Scripture?

The "Spirit" will not act outside of the the Trinity. If you believe this it would explain why you are still trapped by the "filth of the flesh."

Of this one thing I am sure, "Kenny" "you do GREATLY err, not knowing the scripture."

Mark 12:24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do you not therefore err, because you know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?

Kenny, "Get the hence, Satan!"

I Corinthians 14:22 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints. Your comments are the breeding cesspool of every ungodly doctrine of devils. You have been deceived. Repent, while there is still time.

Your self-proclaimed Pride has blinded you to the truth of God.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

Phil McGroen wrote:
Friar Flatulence,
Thanks for clearing the tenor of our discussion by attempting to demonstrate your "higher learning" from your "Hidden Lair."
What is your point, that is assuming that you have a point. Your most recent post is confusion base upon assumption made about my post.
If you have a question and you understand the subject then you should be able to pose a question that is pertinent to the discussion. Unfortunately, your broad assumptions are too porus to distil any type of conclusion.
I am beginning to understand why you hide your location. If you are as boring in person as you are on this thread, you must have a congregation of sleeping profits![I like that one]
Are you saying that "the Spirit" abrogates the Law of Moses, Teachings of Jesus or Scripture?
The "Spirit" will not act outside of the the Trinity. If you believe this it would explain why you are still trapped by the "filth of the flesh."
Of this one thing I am sure, "Kenny" "you do GREATLY err, not knowing the scripture."
Mark 12:24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do you not therefore err, because you know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?
Kenny, "Get the hence, Satan!"
I Corinthians 14:22 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints. Your comments are the breeding cesspool of every ungodly doctrine of devils. You have been deceived. Repent, while there is still time.
Your self-proclaimed Pride has blinded you to the truth of God.
I asked you a simple question in post #123 above, Phil.

Did you answer it?

Or, by replying with confusion and baseless insults, did you engender my reply which answered your confusion? And now, you wish to further insult and distort and avoid answering.

Do you adhere to the doctrine of Sola Scriptura, Phil?

If you do, which specific version and translation of the bible do you and your sect of Christians regard to be "God-breathed?"

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

"Get the hence, Satan!" - Cheesecake

What is the hence?

Did you mean "thee"?

That's not the language of Jesus because he didn't say hence, he spoke Aramaic, heard of it?

Don't you think if we were Satan that your magic apell would have worked by now?

Or is your faith so weak?

LOL.....
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Kenny or “Friar Tuck”

The problem you have in “tripping over your own feet” is that you are blinded by your Pride and seek answers to things you do not understand to begin with.

Perhaps this is because of the “hardness of your heart.”[Mark 16 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at table, and rebuked them for their unbelief and hardness of heart,] Jesus rebukes you!

This explains why your questions are so vacuous and vacant that they do not appear to be questions at all, merely boundless assumptions predicated upon your confusion of the scripture and its authority.

My beliefs regarding the authority of the Scripture are:
2 Tim 3: 15 …the holy scriptures, which are able to make you wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

While Homosexual Advocates and “false Prophets” disdain Paul for his straightforward testimony, none of them can match him on his sacrifice to Christ.

Then Peter the Apostle of Christ {not reverend} declares;

II Peter 1: 16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. 18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

James 4: 5 God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

Friar Tuck, where’s the grace you claim to have when you deny it by your pride? No grace, no salvation, but this explains why you want to throw up a cloud of confusion rather than the clarity of “Light”

Friar Tuck, using the moniker “rev ken” how could your wisdom and intellect compare or disgrace two men who sacrificed their lives that the truth may be known?

Sola scriptura (Latin ablative, "by scripture alone is problematic when used in the wrong hands, e.g . anyone calling themselves a “reverend,”“apostle” or other pompous title to deceive men and deny their God who bought them. When you first brought up the DSC, I thought you were going down the alley way of the LDS. This is one of their gimicks to incorporate themselves into the Scriptures with predate their existence. This most probably was a boast and bluff on your part.

If I were you Friar Tuck, I think I’d try some remedial Christian writing before you confused yourself any farther.

Next?
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
"Get the hence, Satan!" - Cheesecake
What is the hence?
Did you mean "thee"?
That's not the language of Jesus because he didn't say hence, he spoke Aramaic, heard of it?
Don't you think if we were Satan that your magic apell would have worked by now?
Or is your faith so weak?
LOL.....
It means "away from this place."

Do you understand Aramaic? Do you understand Greek or Hebrew when spoken or in print? Since I am typing why would sound matter?

I would not refer to the scripture and a "magic spell." Perhaps in your ignorance this seems logical to you.

Don't worry, I'll suffer your idiocy but with jest, just like "Friar Tucks."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Phil McGroen wrote:
Kenny or “Friar Tuck”
The problem you have in “tripping over your own feet” is that you are blinded by your Pride and seek answers to things you do not understand to begin with.
Perhaps this is because of the “hardness of your heart.”[Mark 16 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at table, and rebuked them for their unbelief and hardness of heart,] Jesus rebukes you!
This explains why your questions are so vacuous and vacant that they do not appear to be questions at all, merely boundless assumptions predicated upon your confusion of the scripture and its authority.
My beliefs regarding the authority of the Scripture are:
2 Tim 3: 15 …the holy scriptures, which are able to make you wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
While Homosexual Advocates and “false Prophets” disdain Paul for his straightforward testimony, none of them can match him on his sacrifice to Christ.
Then Peter the Apostle of Christ {not reverend} declares;
II Peter 1: 16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. 18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
James 4: 5 God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
Friar Tuck, where’s the grace you claim to have when you deny it by your pride? No grace, no salvation, but this explains why you want to throw up a cloud of confusion rather than the clarity of “Light”
Friar Tuck, using the moniker “rev ken” how could your wisdom and intellect compare or disgrace two men who sacrificed their lives that the truth may be known?
Sola scriptura (Latin ablative, "by scripture alone is problematic when used in the wrong hands, e.g . anyone calling themselves a “reverend,”“apostle” or other pompous title to deceive men and deny their God who bought them. When you first brought up the DSC, I thought you were going down the alley way of the LDS. This is one of their gimicks to incorporate themselves into the Scriptures with predate their existence. This most probably was a boast and bluff on your part.
If I were you Friar Tuck, I think I’d try some remedial Christian writing before you confused yourself any farther.
Next?
Apparently, you can't bring yourself to answer the question.

You say, "by scripture alone is problematic when used in the wrong hands,..." But, you are not able to assure or describe the right hands.

Is prophesy a "gift of the Holy Spirit?"
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, you can't bring yourself to answer the question.
You say, "by scripture alone is problematic when used in the wrong hands,..." But, you are not able to assure or describe the right hands.
Your confusion is continually wrapped in your "binding on the traditions of the father's" and not the Scripture of God.

Matt 15:12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying? 13But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up. 14Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

You are offended at Christ and the teaching of his Apostles because they do not adhere to the perversions of man. You are offended at Christ because you seek to be "all things to all men" wearing the mantle of a Pharisee with the understanding of a fool. You would be the "wrong hands" to discern scriptures since your comments contunually display a dishonest use of the scripture and rejection of the necessity of repentance for sin to be covered by grace.

You efforts to entrap me in "traditions of the elders" are silly yet put on grand display your pride which God rejects and your efforts to appear as "learned" having some higher level of understanding which in your own mind overides the scripture and its authority. In this you have become a god unto your self. Since you have rejected Christ and his sacrifice, you have no offering for sin. Since you reject repentance you have no grace to cover you sins. You merely stand naked and foolish in your own pompous pride and misunderstanding. Repent as you will suffer a greater condemnation! Maybe you are a reverend which will be rooted up as a tare and burned in the fire unto the just reward of your iniquity. Get the hence, Satan clothed in the garment of a hidden reverend from a hidden secret lair of evil.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Phil McGroen wrote:
<quoted text>
Your confusion is continually wrapped in your "binding on the traditions of the father's" and not the Scripture of God.
Matt 15:12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying? 13But he answered and said, Every plant, which my heavenly Father hath not planted, shall be rooted up. 14Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.
You are offended at Christ and the teaching of his Apostles because they do not adhere to the perversions of man. You are offended at Christ because you seek to be "all things to all men" wearing the mantle of a Pharisee with the understanding of a fool. You would be the "wrong hands" to discern scriptures since your comments contunually display a dishonest use of the scripture and rejection of the necessity of repentance for sin to be covered by grace.
You efforts to entrap me in "traditions of the elders" are silly yet put on grand display your pride which God rejects and your efforts to appear as "learned" having some higher level of understanding which in your own mind overides the scripture and its authority. In this you have become a god unto your self. Since you have rejected Christ and his sacrifice, you have no offering for sin. Since you reject repentance you have no grace to cover you sins. You merely stand naked and foolish in your own pompous pride and misunderstanding. Repent as you will suffer a greater condemnation! Maybe you are a reverend which will be rooted up as a tare and burned in the fire unto the just reward of your iniquity. Get the hence, Satan clothed in the garment of a hidden reverend from a hidden secret lair of evil.
Boy, Phil!

Apparently you don't want to answer that question, either.

But, that one should have been easy for you, because there are pertinent quotes from both Testaments that can be cited.

This quote also comes to mind: "Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account." So let fly, Phil.

In the meantime, looks like you are getting into the dregs of your bucket of paint.

But, keep on painting, bro'. The sooner you run out, the sooner it will have a chance to start drying. Then, you'll have an opportunity to escape from the corner that you have backed yourself into without leaving any tracks.

Here's another one for you: When he said, "I am the truth,..." did he mean that, if something is true, then, whatever that is, is of Him?

Rev. Ken

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Phil McGroen wrote:
<quoted text>
It means "away from this place."
Do you understand Aramaic? Do you understand Greek or Hebrew when spoken or in print? Since I am typing why would sound matter?
I would not refer to the scripture and a "magic spell." Perhaps in your ignorance this seems logical to you.
Don't worry, I'll suffer your idiocy but with jest, just like "Friar Tucks."
Yes, yes and yes,

Now, about you magic spell to repel evil, why doesn't it work?

You called me satan, if I were and you, as a 'man of god' tell me to leave and I don't, you must be wrong.

God is still love, no matter how much you hate, cheesecake.

LOL......

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, yes and yes,
Now, about you magic spell to repel evil, why doesn't it work?
You called me satan, if I were and you, as a 'man of god' tell me to leave and I don't, you must be wrong.
God is still love, no matter how much you hate, cheesecake.
LOL......
Even if "Cheescake" Phil paints everything he can, he won't be able to get to the two spots underneath his own feet.

Funny thing about the sin of hypocrisy. Magic spell, indeed!
Phil Mcroen

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, Phil!
Apparently you don't want to answer that question, either.

Rev. Ken
Ver Nek,

You are obviously drinking when you are reading my responses as your replies make absolutely no sense. The only consistent theme in your comments are your efforts to grandstand as a man who knows of a god but not the One True God.

Proverbs 29:9 If a wise man contend with a fool, whether he be angry or laugh, he shall find no rest.

You are merely silly Friar Tuck. As silly as any deceived woman I have ever heard. I don't need to condemn you as you through your words have condemned yourself.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Phil Mcroen wrote:
<quoted text>
Ver Nek,
You are obviously drinking when you are reading my responses as your replies make absolutely no sense. The only consistent theme in your comments are your efforts to grandstand as a man who knows of a god but not the One True God.
Proverbs 29:9 If a wise man contend with a fool, whether he be angry or laugh, he shall find no rest.
You are merely silly Friar Tuck. As silly as any deceived woman I have ever heard. I don't need to condemn you as you through your words have condemned yourself.
You make an issue of scripture by quoting the Letters of Paul to Timothy; pecifically that "All scripture is God-breathed ..."

I ask, respectfully,

Post #123
Question #1:

Your reply, laden with insults:
Post #126
Let's start with the Book of Leviticus which is included in the KJV, the DSC and The Textus Receptus which most serious translations use as their source material.

My reply, given to your non-reply:
Post #127
Though you don't actually say this, it appears that you generally hang your hat on the KJV, variations of which are based upon the earlier translations of Erasmus first printed during the Reformation in the early to mid 1500s. Erasmus based his printings on a handful of twelfth Century Greek biblical manuscripts.

You don't answer the question. So, I answer to your fudging.

You answer:
Post #128

You fudge, again, with more insults.

I ask a second question similar to the first and reiterate the first question:
Post #129
Do you adhere to the doctrine of Sola Scriptura?

If you do, which specific version and translation of the bible do you and your sect of Christians regard to be "God-breathed?"

You reply:
Post #131
Sola scriptura (Latin ablative, "by scripture alone is problematic when used in the wrong hands, e.g . anyone calling themselves a “reverend,”“apostle” or other pompous title to deceive men and deny their God who bought them.

You insult again, alluding to the correctness of Sola Scripture. But, then you undermine Sola Scriptura, saying that scripture cannot be relied upon when placed in the wrong hands. But, you cannot define "wrong hands," except to imply that yours are the right hands and mine are the wrong.

I answer and ask:
Post #133

Your reply:
Post #134
You efforts to entrap me in "traditions of the elders" are silly yet put on grand display your pride which God rejects and your efforts to appear as "learned" having some higher level of understanding which in your own mind overides the scripture and its authority.

You don't answer the question. Now you are acting paranoid, instead of answering a simple question. The answer should have been, "Of course." and you could have cited scripture to back your answer.

Another question from me:
Post #135
Here's another one for you: When he said, "I am the truth,..." did he mean that, if something is true, then, whatever that is, is of Him?

You reply:
Post #138

In your last reply, you fail to answer. Jesus said, I am the truth, the Way and the Life...." You know the scriptural quote.

But, you cannot bring yourself to answer. There is something that you don't know, Phil. But, you don't want to admit it. So, your only defense is to insult me and paint yourself further into your corner of judging and condemning.

How are you going to get out of there, Phil? You claim to know the way. But, you can't or won't demonstrate. All you seem able to do is to curse and insult.

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Phil Mcroen wrote:
<quoted text>
Ver Nek,
Phil Mcroen wrote:
<quoted text>
Ver Nek,
As you condemn, so shall you be condemned.

Sound familiar?

Q #1:

Q #2:

Q #3:

Q #4:
When he said, "I am the truth,..." did he mean that, if something is true, then, whatever that is, is of Him?

Q #5:
What is "discernment?"
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
As you condemn, so shall you be condemned.
Sound familiar?
Q #1:
Q #2:
Q #3:
Q #4:
When he said, "I am the truth,..." did he mean that, if something is true, then, whatever that is, is of Him?
Q #5:
What is "discernment?"
See what happens when you ask a question and don't wait OR BOTHER to hear the Answer.

I knew if I waited long enough that your PRIDE would force you to summarize your rambling comments.

I do not fear condemnation as you threaten as my answer is of the Lord and I will not fear his judgment.

Q1 I answered this but because of the "hardness of your heart" you did not understand or comprehend its depth.

2 Timothy 2: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

Q2: I do not ADHERE to DOCTRINES of MEN. Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit all questions of God and Godliness can be answered and admonished. The Pharisee in you is showing, or is that just PRIDE? Foolish men like you have profited by using the scripture in the NAME of Scripture. Get the hence, ver nek LOL!

Q3: Yes. True Prophesy does not vary from Scripture. This concept is sure to confound you being as your are of your father, the Devil.

2 Peter 1: 19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

This means just because you want to justify and condone HOMOSEXUALITY does not make it so by calling it Prophesy!

Q4: REPHRASE this QUESTION, IT IS TOO VAGUE. Also, if you can cite your quotation. SCRIPTURE MUST BE INTERPRETED IN CONTEXT OTHERWISE IT IS DIFFICULT TO CONVEY THE TRUE MEANING and in a greater sense application.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jesus meant, that there is no salvation by any other source. Buddah can't save you, Hindu cant' save you and GOD KNOWS MohamMAD cannot save you. ONLY CHRIST.

Try to have a point when you rephrase you question.

Q5: Definition of DISCERNMENT

: the quality of being able to grasp and comprehend what is obscure : skill in discerning.

I keep this post in mind and not simply try to address your rambling and disjointed posts knowing that eventually even in your confused state, you may come around to a salient point.

Phil, a slave of Christ Jesus,

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Phil McGroen wrote:
<quoted text>
See what happens when you ask a question and don't wait OR BOTHER to hear the Answer.
I knew if I waited long enough that your PRIDE would force you to summarize your rambling comments.
I do not fear condemnation as you threaten as my answer is of the Lord and I will not fear his judgment.
Q1 I answered this but because of the "hardness of your heart" you did not understand or comprehend its depth.
2 Timothy 2: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: 17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Q2: I do not ADHERE to DOCTRINES of MEN. Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit all questions of God and Godliness can be answered and admonished. The Pharisee in you is showing, or is that just PRIDE? Foolish men like you have profited by using the scripture in the NAME of Scripture. Get the hence, ver nek LOL!
Q3: Yes. True Prophesy does not vary from Scripture. This concept is sure to confound you being as your are of your father, the Devil.
2 Peter 1: 19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: 20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
This means just because you want to justify and condone HOMOSEXUALITY does not make it so by calling it Prophesy!
Q4: REPHRASE this QUESTION, IT IS TOO VAGUE. Also, if you can cite your quotation. SCRIPTURE MUST BE INTERPRETED IN CONTEXT OTHERWISE IT IS DIFFICULT TO CONVEY THE TRUE MEANING and in a greater sense application.
John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Jesus meant, that there is no salvation by any other source. Buddah can't save you, Hindu cant' save you and GOD KNOWS MohamMAD cannot save you. ONLY CHRIST.
Try to have a point when you rephrase you question.
Q5: Definition of DISCERNMENT
: the quality of being able to grasp and comprehend what is obscure : skill in discerning.
I keep this post in mind and not simply try to address your rambling and disjointed posts knowing that eventually even in your confused state, you may come around to a salient point.
Phil, a slave of Christ Jesus,
Nice try at more confounding, Phil. But, no cigar.

Pride has nothing to do with it. Reviewing the questions asked and the answers given is what this is about.

Q #1: You have not answered this question.

I understand your quote from the Letter to Timothy. But, you do not - have not - defined what you believe to be Holy Scripture. I gave you the opportunity to look outside of the canonical bible to make a very necessary point about the Jewish understanding of Holy Scripture. But, you either could not see or refused to acknowledge. Your choice, not mine.

Q #2: Well,... Either you do or you don't. And you still have not answered.
All you seem to be able to do is to try to "out-Pharisee" the Pharisee that you think I am.

Q #3: Nice try. But, you are guessing.
Why you think I or anyone else ever called anything having to do with homosexuality "prophesy" is coming from your own obsessions.
I'll ignore the baseless insults.

This question is about the capabilities and gifts given to the modern day, Holy Spirit-filled Christian.

Q #4: This question is simply about truth. I'll not rephrase it. Apparently, you are having the same trouble that P. Pilate had.

And, no. You have not answered this question. All you have done is to start yelling through caps that you do not like this question.

Q #5: All of which leads to why this question followed the first four. A "Webster's" answer is no answer.

So far, 0 for 5.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Community Health Systems Security Breach: Consu... 15 hr shron777 1
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) 23 hr NEW PAIR OF GLASSES 1,146
Lexington Poker Ring: Where "The Tape" Came From (Aug '12) Aug 20 Friv 2020 77
New Mayor, Town Councilmen for South Congaree (Apr '08) Aug 18 trangw 14
dss kidnapping Aug 17 no name 1
Auto Money Title Loans Violating SC State Law (Sep '12) Aug 16 Sickashell 21
Interracial Dating Aug 15 SexxxxxGoddess 5

Search the Columbia Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Columbia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000