Judge makes order permanent in Episcopal schism

Jan 31, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Lake Wylie Pilot

Circuit Court Judge Diane Goodstein issued a permanent injunction Thursday ruling only churches that left The Episcopal Church last year may use the name the Diocese of South Carolina ...

Comments
81 - 100 of 147 Comments Last updated Feb 26, 2013

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#82 Feb 11, 2013
Phil McGroen wrote:
<quoted text>
As Jesus rebuked Satan upon temptation, so do I rebuke you and your foolishness, with the Word of God, which is Jesus!
2 Tim 3:1 0f This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4 Traitors, heady, high-minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
IBID
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
I am hidden in Christ, but you being the mere lay bystander merchandiser of christains would not know anything about that now would you?
No. You are not hidden in Christ.

You are sitting in the corner, in plain sight, cursing at everyone you think might not be a "Christian" measuring to YOUR standards.

You have painted yourself into that position and, now, cannot find your way back out without messing up and leaving your own tracks of imperfection across the route of what you have designated to be what you think is your own line of perfect escape.

No. I am not a "merchandiser" or a "trader" of anything for Grace or Light. I simply reside, as a captive of Christ Jesus, in and with the Spirit. I am given the responsibility of baptizing in Christ. I can marry two who are willing to set their lives into a sacred trust, knitting their souls in love and mutual sacrifice for the sustenance and freedom of each other, among other benefits. There are also many more rituals and rites that a priest is given the responsibility to conduct.

But, honestly, every true Christian is a wayfarer along the same path of priesthood as am I. Every single one. This is what He said:

"All these things that I do, so shall you do, and even greater."

He also said, "On this rock, I shall build my Church."

And, "whenever two or three are gathered together in my name, there shall I be also."

He also said, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I send you." When he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven them; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained."

The ordination of a priest is a real thing; a spiritual event and an attainment. But, it is not an attainment of any peculiar power over others. Instead, it is a recognition of personal acceptance of a responsibility of indentured servitude.

It is written:

"The Lord has sworn and will not change his mind,
you are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek."

No priest is any better or any more or less good than any other human being. No priest can claim to be any more or less sinful than any other human being. It is simply an office of responsibility that others have recognized that I accept. If you are not one of these others, I do not automatically regard you as not respectful or unable to function in Christ.

I am sorry if you feel offended by the prefix "Rev." It was given to me by others and, in respect to them, I will not shy away from the use of it. But, if you are offended by it, do not use it.

Rev. Ken
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

#84 Feb 11, 2013
You are merely a ascetic sadist posing as a holy man. Ordaining a man is narcissistic in a blind faith unable to comprehend the riches through Christ.

You are not a "rev" or a "priest" merely a man pretending he is something he is not. You are after the way of Baalam and a mockery of Christ. Jesus was talking about you in Psalms 22 when in his prayer to God mentions that he is "surrounded by dogs."

Even your quotations are disengenous because the passage mentioning Melchizedek was describing Jesus, not some would be clown claiming the pompus pretentious, sacroscant narcissitic title.

Christ did not ordain his Apostles, yet you claim to be ordained. Ordained by who would I ask and you claim? An assembly of confused people who deny the faith through their ignorance of the scripture.

You are a joke. You do not know the scripture nor can you apply it through your evil heart and vacant spirit. May the Lord rebuke you with the demon he plagued Saul when he took it upon himself to offer sacrifice and was rejected by God and man up util his death at the hands of the Philistines.

I am not offended by your pretentiousness, merely amused at your vacant ignorance. I pity those who might be confused by your pretense. While I am a servant of Christ, you protray yourself as a HIGH PRIEST of Him you do not know. You are as Jesus foretold a thief, attempting to gain entrance to the kingdom by sidestepping Jesus' commands.

May the Lord rebuke you continually!

Location hidden

#85 Feb 11, 2013
Phil McGroen wrote:
You are merely a ascetic sadist posing as a holy man. Ordaining a man is narcissistic in a blind faith unable to comprehend the riches through Christ.
You are not a "rev" or a "priest" merely a man pretending he is something he is not. You are after the way of Baalam and a mockery of Christ. Jesus was talking about you in Psalms 22 when in his prayer to God mentions that he is "surrounded by dogs."
Even your quotations are disengenous because the passage mentioning Melchizedek was describing Jesus, not some would be clown claiming the pompus pretentious, sacroscant narcissitic title.
Christ did not ordain his Apostles, yet you claim to be ordained. Ordained by who would I ask and you claim? An assembly of confused people who deny the faith through their ignorance of the scripture.
You are a joke. You do not know the scripture nor can you apply it through your evil heart and vacant spirit. May the Lord rebuke you with the demon he plagued Saul when he took it upon himself to offer sacrifice and was rejected by God and man up util his death at the hands of the Philistines.
I am not offended by your pretentiousness, merely amused at your vacant ignorance. I pity those who might be confused by your pretense. While I am a servant of Christ, you protray yourself as a HIGH PRIEST of Him you do not know. You are as Jesus foretold a thief, attempting to gain entrance to the kingdom by sidestepping Jesus' commands.
May the Lord rebuke you continually!
Thanks, but no thanks, Phil.
And no, I do not portray myself as a "HIGH PRIEST." Just one who has been ordained in the line. Though, if Jesus is right, I do have that to look forward to, somewhere and sometime further into my future.

You wrote, "Even your quotations are disengenous because the passage mentioning Melchizedek was describing Jesus, not some would be clown claiming the pompus pretentious, sacroscant narcissitic title." Since you like to quote from the psalms, I thought maybe you could appreciate what David had written of himself.

Rather, I find that you are not actually as familiar with the reference that you would like everybody else to think; instead calling me a narcissistic clown because, according to you, the passage mentioning Melchizedek was describing Jesus. There are more than one such reference and one by Jesus himself.

Thank you, so much, Phil. Enjoy your corner, at least until you've used up your gallon and the paint has had time to get good and dry. We wouldn't want you to ruin such a fine job by stepping in it, again.

Rev. Ken
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

#86 Feb 11, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, but no thanks, Phil.
And no, I do not portray myself as a "HIGH PRIEST." Just one who has been ordained in the line. Though, if Jesus is right, I do have that to look forward to, somewhere and sometime further into my future.
You wrote, "Even your quotations are disengenous because the passage mentioning Melchizedek was describing Jesus, not some would be clown claiming the pompus pretentious, sacroscant narcissitic title." Since you like to quote from the psalms, I thought maybe you could appreciate what David had written of himself.
Rather, I find that you are not actually as familiar with the reference that you would like everybody else to think; instead calling me a narcissistic clown because, according to you, the passage mentioning Melchizedek was describing Jesus. There are more than one such reference and one by Jesus himself.
Thank you, so much, Phil. Enjoy your corner, at least until you've used up your gallon and the paint has had time to get good and dry. We wouldn't want you to ruin such a fine job by stepping in it, again.
Rev. Ken
I don't think I have ever read a more PROUD, Presumptious self-appraisal as you heap on yourself.

Pride comes before destruction. There is no hiearchy within the body of Christ. You are merely a self-appointed charlatan who heaps praise on himself while at the same time denies Christ and the sacrifice he offers.

You are the "dogs" of whom Jesus critized so vehemently. May the demon that deceives you continue to mock you and blind you to the truth as your comments attest. Your prideful spirit is an abomination to all that Christ died for.

May the Lord continue you to rebuke you in mind, body and spirit! As you truly are the false prophet of which Peter warned. Get the hence, Satan!

Location hidden

#87 Feb 12, 2013
Phil McGroen wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think I have ever read a more PROUD, Presumptious self-appraisal as you heap on yourself.
Pride comes before destruction. There is no hiearchy within the body of Christ. You are merely a self-appointed charlatan who heaps praise on himself while at the same time denies Christ and the sacrifice he offers.
You are the "dogs" of whom Jesus critized so vehemently. May the demon that deceives you continue to mock you and blind you to the truth as your comments attest. Your prideful spirit is an abomination to all that Christ died for.
May the Lord continue you to rebuke you in mind, body and spirit! As you truly are the false prophet of which Peter warned. Get the hence, Satan!
Well,.... you can fix that easily enough! Just read your own posts, as if you really don't know the guy who has written them.

You know, that business about a supposed self-appraisal raised the ire of the Pharisees to the point that they killed Him. So, to be accused of causing you consternation over the same type of claim actually is an encouragement.

You are overrating your objection to a person's acceptance of the Ministry of the Gospel, while simultaneously underrating the message.

I'll quote Him again. He said, "All these things that I do, so shall you do and even greater."

Now, either he meant it or He is a charlatan. It is one or the other. Since you do not know me, I can understand your general doubts. But, as to what you have written compared to what He says, I for one, choose to believe Him.

You go right ahead and whomp up all the venom you can and bite as hard as you are able. He also said, "..., they will pick up snakes in their hands,... and they will recover."

Rev. Ken
Reverend Rebuker Phil

Columbia, SC

#88 Feb 12, 2013
Woe unto you, Pharisees! for you love the best seats in the synagogues, and greetings in the markets.

44Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you are as graves which are not seen, and the men that walk over them are not aware of them.

45Then answered one of the lawyers, and said unto him, Teacher, thus saying you reproach us also.

46And he said, Woe unto you also, you lawyers! for you load men with burdens hard to be borne, and you yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers.

47Woe unto you! for you build the sepulchers of the prophets, and your fathers killed them.

48Truly you bear witness that you consent to the deeds of your fathers: for they indeed killed them, and you build their sepulchers.

49Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute:

50That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation;

51From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zachariah, who perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.

52Woe unto you, lawyers! for you have taken away the key of knowledge: you entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in you hindered.

53And as he said these things unto them, the scribes and the Pharisees began to oppose him vehemently, and to provoke him to speak of many things:
Reverend Rebuker Phil

Columbia, SC

#89 Feb 12, 2013
To the demon calling himself “rev kin”
Matt 23: 13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. 14Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees,[would be reverends] hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
15Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites [would be reverends]! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
Luke 11: 43 Jesus speaking
Woe unto you, Pharisees! for you love the best seats in the synagogues, and greetings in the markets.
44Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you are as graves which are not seen, and the men that walk over them are not aware of them.
45Then answered one of the lawyers, and said unto him, Teacher, thus saying you reproach us also.
46And he said, Woe unto you also, you lawyers! for you load men with burdens hard to be borne, and you yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers.
47Woe unto you! for you build the sepulchers of the prophets, and your fathers killed them.
48Truly you bear witness that you consent to the deeds of your fathers: for they indeed killed them, and you build their sepulchers.
49Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute:
50That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation;
51From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zachariah, who perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation.
52Woe unto you, lawyers! for you have taken away the key of knowledge: you entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in you hindered.
53And as he said these things unto them, the scribes and the Pharisees began to oppose him vehemently, and to provoke him to speak of many things:

Gee, ken what great condemnation you heap upon yourself through your false teachings. There are no reverends in the Body of Christ of which you LIE outside therof! Surely your flock is confused and deceived by you would be rev, full-time clown!

May the Lord rebuke you and your false teachings in public!

Location hidden

#90 Feb 12, 2013
Reverend Rebuker Phil wrote:
Matt 23: 13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in. 14Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees,[would be reverends] hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
15Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites [would be reverends]! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
Gee, ken what great condemnation you heap upon yourself through your false teachings. There are no reverends in the Body of Christ of which you LIE outside therof! Surely your flock is confused and deceived by you would be rev, full-time clown!
Psalm 110
Reverend Rebuker Phil

Columbia, SC

#91 Feb 12, 2013
Psalms 110, yes, are you now elevating your self proclaimed position to that of Jesus Christ?

Get the hence Satan. Woe unto you would be reverend.

May the Lord rebuke you for your blasphemy!

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#92 Feb 12, 2013
Phil McGroen wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you call Pauls contribution to the Holy Writ, I chose Appollo's Hebrews to rebuke your "idle talk"0
Hebrews 10: For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,{You and Rickey, have no sacrifice} 27But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. 28He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: 29Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? 30For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. 31It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
Your god is too small to sustain your rejection of Christ and your sin! Enjoy HELL you'll be in good company!
Holy writ?

LOL!

Jesus didn't speak the Queen's English.

You remaineth the head employee of the accuser.

Verily, verily....

The Mountain Empire

#93 Feb 12, 2013
LMAO!

Rev. Cheesecake!

LOL.....

The Mountain Empire

#94 Feb 12, 2013
And sense he now has two screen names he can rate his own posts!

LMFAO!
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

#95 Feb 12, 2013
WrongWay wrote:
LMFAO!
You didn't get that "round mouth" eating square meals.

Ms. Gump, you're boy's different.

I don't mean "Ha Ha" funny, I mean queer like funny!

Back to the drawing board wrongway!
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

#96 Feb 12, 2013
WrongWay wrote:
LMFAO!
Your not making any sense this morning WrongWay, been drinking early?

We are laughing at you Silly boy! xoxo!

Location hidden

#97 Feb 12, 2013
Psalms 110, yes, are you now elevating your self proclaimed position to that of Jesus Christ?
Get the hence Satan. Woe unto you would be reverend.
May the Lord rebuke you for your blasphemy!
Is that how you understand Psalm 110?

The psalms and hymns of the ancient Hebrews are collected and presented from a long history of traditionally celebrating and presenting the sense of the Living Spirit. Psalm 110 is a psalm of David.

Not only does Davic rejoice in the Lord's promise to make his enemies his footstool, he also takes stock in his own ordination into the line of priests after the order of Melchizedek. This is the same line to which Jesus is ordained, and, as you noted, has become High Priest.

Matthew 22:41

This line is one of the reasons that it was deemed so important to establish the bloodline from David through Jesus. Furthermore, to establish it through the mother is just as important as through the father. That is why the bloodline and the priesthood are also cited through the parents of John, the Baptist.

It is not the same as the Aaronic-Levitical priesthood, which came through Moses by revelation. Though, surely there were some who were members of both Schools.

Many, like you, believe that the Order of the priesthood of the line of Melchizedek ended with Jesus, the Christ.

Many others believe that the line was passed on both through revelation, as with Saul of Tarsus and others, and through the oaths and the laying on of hands that is the tradition of the succession through the apostles.

Jesus Himself directs His disciples to accept the direction of both Peter and James. He also personally calls Saul to the Ministry of the Gospel through Revelation, allowing an entry into the Ministry through the Spirit, as an obvious alternative to formal ordination. Eventually, this was acknowledged by Peter.

Ministry and the spreading of the Teachings and Gospel of Jesus Christ is the issue. Whether formally ordained as a priest or recognized as a minister or pastor or preacher, or even just as a disciple, every one, man or woman, who accepts this commission is doing much the same thing. The Baptist minister, the Lutheran priest, the Church of the Nazorene pastor, the Seventh Day Adventist preacher, the Presbyterian minister, the Eastern Orthodox priest, the 'two or three who are gathered together in [Jesus'] name," ... all serve the Lord Jesus Christ in the Ministry of His Gospel.

The only question is whether or not they recognize each other and whether or not they have received the Holy Spirit and are increasing in their understanding of the Teachings.

Some really have received this Blessing and, while personally advancing in the Way of Christ, are personally committed to helping others to understand the Teachings. Others, who say they are "hidden in Christ," have actually become crystallized in their comprehension and are failing to help others to move into the discipleship that Jesus continues to offer.

Some of these even go to the extent of lambasting and cursing those who they think do not fit into their own shallow understanding and definition of what it is to be a "Christian." Some even paint themselves into a very negative corner by condemning others in their own zealous appeal for a claim to righteousness.

But, that's alright. When the disciples who had been sent out two by two returned, there were reports of others who were casting out demons and doing healings in His name. Instead of calling for their destruction, He told His disciples to look favorably upon them.

It is the Spirit, in its Blessing of Light, Life and Love, that makes the difference.

Rev. Ken
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

#98 Feb 12, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that how you understand Psalm 110?
The psalms and hymns of the ancient Hebrews are collected and presented from a long history of traditionally celebrating and presenting the sense of the Living Spirit. Psalm 110 is a psalm of David.
It is the Spirit, in its Blessing of Light, Life and Love, that makes the difference.
Rev. Ken
If brevity is the soul of understanding, your blather demonstrates your lack of understanding of anything Holy.

The term spiritual is what Alcoholics and apostates use to describe their loose affiliation with anthing Godly.

You are too full of your father the Devil, and just as he was rejected for his Pride, any understanding Christian would reject you and your pompus, pretentious foolishness. Ezk 28 tell the story and clothes you in the hypocrisy that Jesus abhored.

I place my full confidence in the Scripture and none in a pompous satanic misfit like you.

James 4: 6 God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. E.g.[self-proclaimed reverends]

Ibid

Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. 9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
I Peter 5:5 for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.

Proud rev….keep on rollin,! Rollin, rollin, rollin on the river!

LOL hypocrite!

Proverbs 15 2The tongue of the wise commends knowledge,
but the mouth of the fool [ i.e. self-proclaimed “worthy of reverence”“revs]gushes folly.

I quoted the NIV as it is more verbose, just like you!{rev! LOL!}

Proverbs 15: 28The heart of the righteous weighs its answers,

but the mouth of the wicked gushes evil.

29The LORD is far from the wicked
but he hears the prayer of the righteous.

Get the Hence, Satan! All Christians resist the devil, and he will flee. The LORD rebuke you as a "merchandiser of the unholy through ignorance.!"

Location hidden

#99 Feb 12, 2013
Phil McGroen wrote:
<quoted text>
If brevity is the soul of understanding, your blather demonstrates your lack of understanding of anything Holy.
The term spiritual is what Alcoholics and apostates use to describe their loose affiliation with anthing Godly.
You are too full of your father the Devil, and just as he was rejected for his Pride, any understanding Christian would reject you and your pompus, pretentious foolishness. Ezk 28 tell the story and clothes you in the hypocrisy that Jesus abhored.
I place my full confidence in the Scripture and none in a pompous satanic misfit like you.
James 4: 6 God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble. E.g.[self-proclaimed reverends]
Ibid
Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. 9 Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness.
LOL hypocrite!
but the mouth of the fool [ i.e. self-proclaimed “worthy of reverence”“revs]gushes folly.
Get the Hence, Satan! All Christians resist the devil, and he will flee. The LORD rebuke you as a "merchandiser of the unholy through ignorance.!"
Ibidem.

The Mountain Empire

#100 Feb 13, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Ibidem.
You stumped him, he doesn't know what that means.

It's not in Middle English.

:=)

The Mountain Empire

#101 Feb 13, 2013
Phil McGroen wrote:
<quoted text>
Ibid
LOL hypocrite!
Not one word from Jesus.

You should meet him someday....
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

#102 Feb 13, 2013
WrongWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Not one word from Jesus.
You should meet him someday....
Silly little man, Jesus is the word of God. Therefore all scriptue is of and from Jesus.

How long will you be ignorant fool?

I know, God made you for the day of damnation. I guess he needed you for the kindling! Lol Wrongway!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Allow the Mosque or Not at Ground Zero (Aug '10) 20 hr Justice 5,657
State court: Workers' comp OK for kickball injury Fri Naughtyrobot 6
Camera and radar bill will make roads safer (Feb '11) Thu TN Voter 6
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Aug 27 NEWORLDORDERPLAN2... 1,148
captainobvious Aug 26 cayleyvelez 1
Should All SC Judges Be Drug and Alcohol Tested... Aug 24 Corrupt SC 0
The Jean Toal Parking Experience Aug 24 Corrupt SC 1
•••
•••

Columbia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE