Judge makes order permanent in Episcopal schism

Jan 31, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Lake Wylie Pilot

Circuit Court Judge Diane Goodstein issued a permanent injunction Thursday ruling only churches that left The Episcopal Church last year may use the name the Diocese of South Carolina ...

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of147
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a very good understanding of your duties, responsibilities, etc. The moment you call evil, good, you are taking latitude that is not your's to take.
Malachi 2:17
You have wearied the LORD with your words. "How have we wearied him?" you ask. By saying, "All who do evil are good in the eyes of the LORD, and he is pleased with them" or "Where is the God of justice?"
We are new creations in Jesus.

A shame you haven't read the red print....
Think Again

Coats, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
"Did God really say......?" You ask the question everyday.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
Such a question begs an answer.

Jesus [said], "One who seeks will find, and for [one who knocks] it will be opened."

But, for the ones who say they already know,

Jesus said, "The Pharisees and the scholars have taken the keys of knowledge and have hidden them. They have not entered nor have they allowed those who want to enter to do so."

He who has two ears to listen and one eye to see, let him hear the sound of light.
Think Again

Coats, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus [said], "One who seeks will find, and for [one who knocks] it will be opened."
Jesus said, "The Pharisees and the scholars have taken the keys of knowledge and have hidden them. They have not entered nor have they allowed those who want to enter to do so."
He who has two ears to listen and one eye to see, let him hear the sound of light.
If only you would spend as much time reading the canon of Scripture rather than these fake Gnostic gospels, you might not be filled with such misinformation.
crazy

Mount Pleasant, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
this ain't a site for atheist pork busters. god said many things you to stupid to comprehend them. you're on a straight path to hell.
Think Again

Coats, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

crazy wrote:
<quoted text>
this ain't a site for atheist pork busters. god said many things you to stupid to comprehend them. you're on a straight path to hell.
Crazy read Genesis Chapter 3. You will see that satan asked the question reference above. I referenced this verse to show that this question is still used today to undermine the authority of Scripture in the life of the church.
Pleze

Providence, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
Crazy read Genesis Chapter 3. You will see that satan asked the question reference above. I referenced this verse to show that this question is still used today to undermine the authority of Scripture in the life of the church.
F me

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
You can trust the old Testament, if you get a Jewish version - great care is made NOT to change a jot or tittle, those are the little marks above consonants that spell the word, if one is missing is creates another word.

Now, the NEW Testament is quite different, especially the bs of Saul.

Stick with God and Jesus and you might 'soften what is rigid inside*'.

*that's one of the beatitudes in it's original form before the romans got a hold of it and condensed and modified it, aka rewrote

You've got a bad copy.....

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently to our fundamental friends listening is a gnostic concept.

;-)
Think Again

Coats, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>

You've got a bad copy.....
Of course you think so because it disagrees with your pathetic attempt to rewrite Scripture to justify your position.
Think Again

Coats, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently to our fundamental friends listening is a gnostic concept.
;-)
No the seeking of special knowledge is a gnostic concept. The belief that only a certain few would obtain this special knowledge is a gnostic concept.

Ken apparently strives for this head knowledge when what he really needs is a heart knowledge of our Lord.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
No the seeking of special knowledge is a gnostic concept. The belief that only a certain few would obtain this special knowledge is a gnostic concept.
Ken apparently strives for this head knowledge when what he really needs is a heart knowledge of our Lord.
Sorry, bro',

I am neither constrained or denied by any concept you have of me.

Rev. Ken
A priest and disciple of our lord, Christ Jesus.
Think Again

Coats, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, bro',
I am neither constrained or denied by any concept you have of me.
Rev. Ken
A priest and disciple of our lord, Christ Jesus.
But you are constrained by the lies that you have chosen to believe.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
But you are constrained by the lies that you have chosen to believe.
I didn't say I am perfect, TA.

Just that your concept of who I am and what I stand for is limited by your own comprehension. And that comprehension is not the source of any limitation that I may entertain.

I am a servant, TA. Most likely, I don't get to sit at any table, until or unless everybody else who is a guest at the Banquet has already been served, all the way through dessert. And even then, I may not be allowed to be seated with the others at the Banquet. It's just not my call.
Phil McGroen

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
The gist of it is that if you are a practicing HOMOSEXUAL SODOMITE, you do not have Jesus as a sacrifice. Just saying "I accept Jesus as my personal savior" does not make one a Christian. We know that the devils "believe" but they are lost just as HOMOSEXUAL SODOMITES who claim Jesus with their mouth, yet deny him with their fornication. Scripture is very, very clear on this point, yet through "cognative dissonance" you cannot come to a spiritual understanding of Jesus because of the "filth of the flesh".

Jesus, taught that belief and baptism were necessary for salvation.
Jesus' disciples baptized those who believed in Jesus.
Jesus told his disciples to baptise others in the Name of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit for the remission of sin.
Those who believed, were baptised, repented of their sins, and walked no more in the "filth of the flesh."

All the word parsing will not remove the sin which "so easily besets" you. Repent while there is still time

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2013

Judged:

Phil McGroen wrote:
<quoted text>
The gist of it is that if you are a practicing HOMOSEXUAL SODOMITE, you do not have Jesus as a sacrifice. Just saying "I accept Jesus as my personal savior" does not make one a Christian. We know that the devils "believe" but they are lost just as HOMOSEXUAL SODOMITES who claim Jesus with their mouth, yet deny him with their fornication. Scripture is very, very clear on this point, yet through "cognative dissonance" you cannot come to a spiritual understanding of Jesus because of the "filth of the flesh".
Jesus told his disciples to baptise others in the Name of the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit for the remission of sin.
Those who believed, were baptised, repented of their sins, and walked no more in the "filth of the flesh."
All the word parsing will not remove the sin which "so easily besets" you. Repent while there is still time
You are living in a world of stereotypes, Phil, by your own willful choice.

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you think so because it disagrees with your pathetic attempt to rewrite Scripture to justify your position.
No, it disagrees with what was written.

It adds in things that had no bearing at the time.

It uses words that were never used.

Bad unreliable copy.

Now, if you were to have a relationship with God or Jesus you would know that......

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Phil McGroen wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a homosexual but I stand with them and their rights to love and be in a committed relationship.

I stand by their right to visit their partner in hospitals or plan funerals.

I stand by their right to 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness'.

Stop hating, you are working for the accuser and doing a really fine job but you are nothing more than a rambling hypocritical Pharisee leading others astray in the eyes of God...

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

Think Again wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not special TA, it's for everyone. It's called having a relationship with God and Jesus.

It's available to anyone who wants to work at it, all relationships take work.

I recommend it, especially for those who want to be followers of Jesus.

LOL......

The Mountain Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2013

RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
You are living in a world of stereotypes, Phil, by your own willful choice.
Perhaps he didn't read: as you judge, so shall you be judged....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of147
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Columbia Forum right now

Search the Columbia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Allow the Mosque or Not at Ground Zero (Aug '10) 17 hr Justice 5,642
Rebuilding Hope for Diabetic Neuropathy Sufferers (Mar '07) 18 hr Sopranokds 13
Review: Anytime Fitness (Apr '09) Wed Brenda 126
Why I Should Move to South Carolina? (Sep '11) Tue OTTO 28
SC Sen. Hutto to Run for Graham's US Senate Seat Apr 14 The Gander 2
Lindsey Graham is Bisexual Apr 14 The Gander 2
Brother & Sister Have 4 Kids:Want Incest Legalized (Dec '07) Apr 14 The Gander 54
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbia Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance