Georgia Family Settles Autism Suit

Georgia Family Settles Autism Suit

There are 117 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Mar 6, 2008, titled Georgia Family Settles Autism Suit. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

The parents of a nine-year-old Georgia girl who won a government settlement described today how their hearts were broken as they watched her deteriorate into an irritable, odd-behaving toddler after she got ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

Sheik Yerbouti

New Hope, PA

#41 Apr 8, 2013
There must be a lot of vaccine salesmen rating these comments! I have worked with several autistic kids and not one was born that way! Vaccines are just as suspect as other factors and to deny it is lunacy!

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#42 Apr 8, 2013
If there are vaccine salesmen here, then there are also those woring for Wakefield, McCarthy and Mercola and you would then be one of them.

Fact remains of the Poling case only, there is no way to ever duplicate or insinuate that case being like any other. Most children do not share her genetic disorder nor get that amount of vaccines in one day. That has nothing at all to do with a vaccine sales person. Hello! It's common sense. Anti vaxxers need to find another case to weave their conspiracy. It simply can not work on the Poling Case.
Vaccines Cause Autism

Winnipeg, Canada

#43 Apr 9, 2013
friend wrote:
Try reading the court documents, oh that's right, you'd rather make stuff up!
Links???????? So I read EXACTLY what you refer to.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#44 Apr 9, 2013
Do what is called research... google. Hello.
"Further testing determined Hannah had an underlying disorder in her cells a mitochondrial disease. That can cause symptoms similar to autism. And in its ruling, the government said it was possible that the vaccines Hannah received may have exacerbated that disorder."

"Poling had a rare genetic mitochondrial disease"

You just cant simply change facts to suit your conspiracy theories. Find another case to spam.
1 in 50 USA

Winnipeg, Canada

#45 Apr 9, 2013
Elm City wrote:
This maybe the biggest hoax of the 20th century. They actually have a fund to pay folks hurt by shots! That doesn't raise a red flag for you? Also they paid before the evidence could be exposed. The goverment just doesn't give out funds without a really good cause. Children with Autism is on the rise and I suggest checking the rate with the introduction of new vaccines and the way they are preserved and delivered. Our family has been dealing with this issue for some time, my neice has Autism and let me tell you it is NOT an easy thing to deal with. At the very least the vaccines should be independently studied to absolutely rule it out! I'll hold my breath...
The RATES are getting closer and closer to 100%. Its now 1 in 50
1 in 50 USA

Winnipeg, Canada

#46 Apr 9, 2013
friend wrote:
Do what is called research... google. Hello.
"Further testing determined Hannah had an underlying disorder in her cells a mitochondrial disease. That can cause symptoms similar to autism. And in its ruling, the government said it was possible that the vaccines Hannah received may have exacerbated that disorder."
"Poling had a rare genetic mitochondrial disease"
You just cant simply change facts to suit your conspiracy theories. Find another case to spam.
courts like this CAN"T make claims about what Poling had without expert opinion. OPINION, conclusion etc. In order to make a ruling they have to say something. Of course either science can't or won't find vaccines caused all her issues. If she had previous vaccines they might be responsible for her mitochondria in the first place. Without honesty there can be no truth.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#47 Apr 9, 2013
What do you think they did in court? Presented evidence. Take a biology class. Vaccines cant and did not cause a genetic mitochondrial disease. The genetic mitochondrial disease came from her mother, she was the carrier who passed it to her children. The mother didn't get the gene from vaccines, either.
You just cant simply change facts to suit your conspiracy theories. Find another case to spam.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#48 Apr 9, 2013
1 in 50 USA wrote:
<quoted text> courts like this CAN"T make claims about what Poling had without expert opinion. OPINION, conclusion etc. In order to make a ruling they have to say something. Of course either science can't or won't find vaccines caused all her issues. If she had previous vaccines they might be responsible for her mitochondria in the first place. Without honesty there can be no truth.
Clear and great example at how anti vaxxers are just that desperate, they make up any thing even though it can be easily researched and found to be untrue, mis info, blatant misrepresentation to suit their conspiracy flasehoods and displaying nicely their own denial of medical facts.
Vaccines Cause ADHD

Winnipeg, Canada

#49 Apr 9, 2013
friend wrote:
<quoted text>
Clear and great example at how anti vaxxers are just that desperate, they make up any thing even though it can be easily researched and found to be untrue, mis info, blatant misrepresentation to suit their conspiracy flasehoods and displaying nicely their own denial of medical facts.
Blowing a gasket like a friggin lunatic. Its documented vaccines cause genetic mutation, and its compensated by the vaccine injury compensation plan of your country.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#50 Apr 10, 2013
Dreaming up more conspiracy and falsehoods, again. What happened to your 'spontaneous' claim? Genetics is the study of heredity. Heredity is a biological process where a parent passes certain genes onto their children or offspring, which in fact is the case with Hannah Poling.
ric99

Lincoln, UK

#51 Apr 10, 2013
Vaccines Cause ADHD wrote:
<quoted text>Blowing a gasket like a friggin lunatic. Its documented vaccines cause genetic mutation, and its compensated by the vaccine injury compensation plan of your country.
So where is the documented peer reviewed evidence that vaccines cause mtDNA mutations? You wouldn't know anything about mtDNA.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#52 Apr 10, 2013
He doesn't know a thing about mtDNA, he makes it up as he goes along hoping no one took a biology class. He should really do some research so he wouldn't appear so foolish and giving a yet another great example of blatant misrepresentation. Because mtDNA is transmitted from mother to child (both male and female) it can be a useful tool in genealogical research into a person's maternal line. mtDNA ancestry for maternally inherited disorders can be traced back long before vaccine were ever invented.
Autism 4 Dummies

Winnipeg, Canada

#53 Apr 10, 2013
ric99 wrote:
<quoted text>
So where is the documented peer reviewed evidence that vaccines cause mtDNA mutations? You wouldn't know anything about mtDNA.
Where's YOUR proof it doesn't? I read it in vaccine court releases. AND NO I won't supply it because when I ask for links I'm told to search myself, so f.u.
Autism 4 Dummies

Winnipeg, Canada

#54 Apr 10, 2013
friend wrote:
He doesn't know a thing about mtDNA, he makes it up as he goes along hoping no one took a biology class. He should really do some research so he wouldn't appear so foolish and giving a yet another great example of blatant misrepresentation. Because mtDNA is transmitted from mother to child (both male and female) it can be a useful tool in genealogical research into a person's maternal line. mtDNA ancestry for maternally inherited disorders can be traced back long before vaccine were ever invented.
BLAH BLAH so now I know because Mrs Einstein knows all. But Mrs Einstein can't provide a link to what she says.
ric99

Lincoln, UK

#55 Apr 10, 2013
Autism 4 Dummies wrote:
<quoted text> Where's YOUR proof it doesn't? I read it in vaccine court releases. AND NO I won't supply it because when I ask for links I'm told to search myself, so f.u.
Just as I thought, the Winnipeg dummy doesn't have any evidence for vaccine caused mtDNA mutations.

Also, friend and I have supplied many links to peer reviewed studies showing that there are no causal links between vaccines and autism, which the Winnipeg dummy never reads and declares them all to be "junk science", or produced by PHARMA. He doesn't even know where the conclusions in study reports come from, which any teenager doing science at school would know. Did he fail his nursery school entrance exam?
ric99

Lincoln, UK

#56 Apr 10, 2013
Autism 4 Dummies wrote:
<quoted text> BLAH BLAH so now I know because Mrs Einstein knows all. But Mrs Einstein can't provide a link to what she says.
Obviously friend knows much more about mtDNA than the Winnipeg dummy does. There are many sources for such information. One (of many) that I have read is:-

HUMAN EVOLUTIONARY GENETICS
Origins, Peoples & Disease
by
Mark A Jobling (Department of Genetics, University of Leicester, UK)
Mathew Hurles,(University of Cambridge, UK)
Chris Tyler-Smith,(Department of Biochemistry, University of Oxford, UK)

However, I doubt if the Winnipeg dummy would get past the first page (of 523), which is the Chapter list.

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#57 Apr 10, 2013
You're right, we have given links as well as Topix own articles. Winnipeg calls them trash without ever giving a reason other than Pharma. No one gave me a link to what ric99 said about mtDNA, yet I could locate it easily. Instead of doing the same and bring rational evidence, what Winnipeg do?? This is why no one takes anti vaxxers seriously, it's just a game to him. As predicted, he name-calls and swears when he's caught blatantly misrepresentating to suit his conspiracy falsehoods and displaying nicely his own denial of medical facts.
What I Think

Winnipeg, Canada

#59 Apr 10, 2013
friend wrote:
You're right, we have given links as well as Topix own articles. Winnipeg calls them trash without ever giving a reason other than Pharma. No one gave me a link to what ric99 said about mtDNA, yet I could locate it easily. Instead of doing the same and bring rational evidence, what Winnipeg do?? This is why no one takes anti vaxxers seriously, it's just a game to him. As predicted, he name-calls and swears when he's caught blatantly misrepresentating to suit his conspiracy falsehoods and displaying nicely his own denial of medical facts.
What a clown and a liar. All you provide are pro-vac garbage that is nothing but opinion and observations. That is not physical or meaningful, its only blah blah like you two stooges place all your argument on. You're hardly worth my time. Its funs calling you names and laughing at you though.
ric99

Market Rasen, UK

#60 Apr 11, 2013
What I Think wrote:
<quoted text>What a clown and a liar. All you provide are pro-vac garbage that is nothing but opinion and observations. That is not physical or meaningful, its only blah blah like you two stooges place all your argument on. You're hardly worth my time. Its funs calling you names and laughing at you though.
We provide links to genuine peer reviewed studies. All you ever provide is links to conspiracy theory sites with no peer reviewed studies/evidence to back up their anti-vaccine nonsense.

As for calling us names, that's really funny coming from someone calling himself 'Autism 4 Dummies'. So that would be 'Autism 4 Dummies' by a dummy. It describes you perfectly.
stayhome

United States

#61 Apr 11, 2013
Vaccines don't cause autism. Period.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Truck's 'racist' Confederate flag offends woman... Sun 5 reasons I'm Off... 7
Beaufort Co. Sues MERS for Fraud, Filing False ... Sun MortgageFraud 10
News South Carolina massacre 'demonic,' Baptist past... Sat Catholic24 3
Auto Money Title Loans Violating SC State Law (Sep '12) Jul 31 brittanytophat 41
Nickey Haley and the roads of South Carolina, w... Jul 29 isaac 2
News In new White House bid, Clinton embraces race a... Jul 28 Le Jimbo 101
News Hillary Clinton praises response to church shoo... Jul 28 MBKornblatt 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages