Deal Struck for SC Abortion-Ultrasoun...

Deal Struck for SC Abortion-Ultrasound Bill

There are 24 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Apr 16, 2008, titled Deal Struck for SC Abortion-Ultrasound Bill. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

Women seeking an abortion in South Carolina would have to be given the option of viewing an ultrasound at least one hour before getting the procedure under a compromise proposal between House and Senate ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
heather

Hilton Head Island, SC

#1 Apr 16, 2008
i think all woman in that situation should have an option not to be forced to do anything they are not comfortable with.

Since: Jun 07

Orangeburg, SC

#2 Apr 16, 2008
Impressive ...glad to see our elected officials are getting so much accomplished for us this session.
gina

Lexington, SC

#3 Apr 16, 2008
i can understand this for a rape victim. But just for someone that has sex and doesn't want the responsibility we are going to let them abort and innocent child? I don't understand people that want to do that and for our government to give them the option is even crazy. I personally think that if they want an abortion then they should have to look at the ultrasound.
Tia

United States

#4 Apr 16, 2008
heather wrote:
i think all woman in that situation should have an option not to be forced to do anything they are not comfortable with.
I think an unborn child in that situation should not be forced to die because of a poor excuse of a "mother".
Outraged

AOL

#5 Apr 16, 2008
Tia wrote:
<quoted text>
I think an unborn child in that situation should not be forced to die because of a poor excuse of a "mother".
Amen Tia I agree 100% That baby has no choice! Life or death? God makes no mistakes! I am totally against abortion. There are so many other options. Abortion is murder no matter how you look at it.
Nurse

United States

#6 Apr 16, 2008
Too bad our legislators didn't have the guts to make a woman look at what she is trying to kill. It's a BABY...not a puppy or a goldfish! You are killing human life. If looking at it before you kill the child haunts you for the rest of your life, well at least you will have a rest of your life!!!!

WTH

Since: Sep 07

Columbia, SC

#7 Apr 16, 2008
I would rather a woman have an abortion than to bring a child into this world and be abused! Beaten to death, molested....This world ain't safe anymore!

So y'all just get off ya high horses. I know you're gonna say there is always adoption...everyone wants a baby but NOT an older child that has been abused!

If y'all are that concerned about children..why is it that there are so many children that need love and to be adopted? I see those children are still in orphanages.

Y'all just want to sit back and have something to b*tch about and NOT do a d*mn thing to help those children in need of love, a home and be part of a family.

Yes, I'd rather a woman have an abortion and NOT be forced to look at an ultrasound. So, just stop ya judging. You don't have any right.

BWG

“Cogito ergo sum”

Since: May 07

Irmo

#8 Apr 16, 2008
I don't agree with using abortion as a form of birth control, but... the decision to have an abortion lies between a woman and her doctor. The threat to a womans life in some cases, or a victim of rape, incest or abuse are considerations that have meaning.
When the proposed law was announced I wrote to my elected representatives against it. It's too bad they even passed it in this form, it should have never come up. There's too many other things they should have spent time on.

“Prayer Is Power”

Since: Dec 06

Faith-Not-Religion

#9 Apr 16, 2008
Every life should have a chance to breathe, and every breath a voice. We were all embyros at one time.
Outraged

AOL

#10 Apr 17, 2008
Jukebox wrote:
Every life should have a chance to breathe, and every breath a voice. We were all embyros at one time.
I could not have put it better!
Political Insanity

Columbia, SC

#11 Apr 17, 2008
My wife and I just had an ultrasound done two weeks ago. While we were watching my son had the hiccups and did a somersault. I sat there thinking, "Who could rationalize that this is anything but a human life?" But then reality hit me on the back of the head and stated,plainly, "Everyone can rationalize anything that they want to! Humans are capable of the most horrific atrocities simply because they are capable of rationalizing things into groups that do not offend their moral sensibilities." All we have to do is assign a label like "Fetus" and this CHILD becomes an inconvenient lump of cells that has the potential for becoming a human.
Rosie Riviter

Columbia, SC

#12 Apr 17, 2008
heather wrote:
I second that with a huge AMEN!
ABB

Columbia, SC

#13 Apr 17, 2008
BWG wrote:
I don't agree with using abortion as a form of birth control, but... the decision to have an abortion lies between a woman and her doctor. The threat to a womans life in some cases, or a victim of rape, incest or abuse are considerations that have meaning.
When the proposed law was announced I wrote to my elected representatives against it. It's too bad they even passed it in this form, it should have never come up. There's too many other things they should have spent time on.
Yes! I for one don't think "Joe" should be telling any woman what to do with HER body. I wouldn't have a problem with Pro-life if every Pro-life person would adopt every UNWANTED child.
Jennifer Gate

Orangeburg, SC

#14 Apr 17, 2008
I think the women in South Carolina have the right to have an abortion without the government trying to intervene with their personal life. Lawmakers in South Carolina make laws on how they feel or thet just bore.
Jennifer Gate

Orangeburg, SC

#15 Apr 17, 2008
Outraged wrote:
<quoted text>
I could not have put it better!
Let one you adopt a child and see how hard it is to take care. Because it sounds like you don't have a personal life. Everybody is countable for their own body and it's their choice not yours.
Rosie Riviter

Columbia, SC

#16 Apr 17, 2008
ABB wrote:
<quoted text>Yes! I for one don't think "Joe" should be telling any woman what to do with HER body. I wouldn't have a problem with Pro-life if every Pro-life person would adopt every UNWANTED child.
Add if every anti-choice (we all know pro-life is simple rhetoric... and those people are often extremely pro-death especially if it involves war and the death penalty) person carried these pregnancies.

I just don't get why anyone besides me and my doctor should care about what's going on or not going on in my uterus or any other woman's uterus for that matter.

If it were men who got pregnant, abortion would even be an issue... it would be legal with no boundaries.

“There's no vaccine for stupid.”

Since: Feb 08

Here, there, everywhere

#17 Apr 17, 2008
Rosie Riviter wrote:
<quoted text>
Add if every anti-choice (we all know pro-life is simple rhetoric... and those people are often extremely pro-death especially if it involves war and the death penalty) person carried these pregnancies.
I just don't get why anyone besides me and my doctor should care about what's going on or not going on in my uterus or any other woman's uterus for that matter.
If it were men who got pregnant, abortion would even be an issue... it would be legal with no boundaries.
High Five on that!

In the instance of someone who has no business having a child in their care, nor in their womb- for example the two year old toddler being forced to smoke pot, I say abortion needs to be an option.

“There's no vaccine for stupid.”

Since: Feb 08

Here, there, everywhere

#18 Apr 17, 2008
Political Insanity wrote:
.... potential for becoming a human.
Potential- nothing less, nothing more.
Kellie

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Apr 17, 2008
Every woman should have the choice to do what she feels is right.If having a abortion is the choice for her then so be it.
Stacy

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Apr 17, 2008
Outraged wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen Tia I agree 100% That baby has no choice! Life or death? God makes no mistakes! I am totally against abortion. There are so many other options. Abortion is murder no matter how you look at it.
Abortion is not murder it is making a choice that is right for the woman. If a woman has a child that she cannot take care of and ends up on public assistance Its people like you who will be screaming about your tax dollars going to welfare mothers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police: Minister dies from punch from homeless man 3 hr keith bagley 1
News Sumter Man Shot in Back of Head (May '08) 22 hr Bonita2080 158
News Resident runs throughout Aiken County for ALS a... (Aug '15) Fri CEO 106
belton green Oct 19 VANESSA101 1
News Rep. James Smith becomes first Democrat to ente... Oct 9 Paul russo 1
News Deadbeat Parents Owe $6.1 Million Dollars in Ba... (Feb '07) Oct 6 Appsrkewl 174
Three kidnappers Oct 4 liberalhater191 2

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages