Episcopal Drama Rocks SC

There are 20 comments on the Oct 17, 2012, FITSNews story titled Episcopal Drama Rocks SC. In it, FITSNews reports that:

The national Episcopal church has advised South Carolina Bishop Mark Lawrence that he has "abandoned" the church as a result of his refusal to accept its teachings on gay marriage and the ordination of gay and female clergy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at FITSNews.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1564 Feb 21, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Underwear wasn't invented yet ...
What do you think a loincloth covered?
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweetie, until you prove that it is in fact Stein's question ...
... you will avoid answering it.

But why would a rabid homosexual avoid addressing why, for some, every relationship between two men, or two women is always sexual?

Hmmm ...

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#1565 Feb 21, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>

But why would a [rabid -(Joe's adjective)] homosexual avoid addressing why, for some, every relationship between two men, or two women is always sexual?
Hmmm ...
For the same reason that a heterosexual would avoid addressing why, for some, every relationship between a man and a woman is always sexual.

Hmmm ...

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1566 Feb 21, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
For the same reason that a heterosexual would avoid addressing why ...
Hetero's don't have to project their sexuality onto everyone in the Bible, esp. not King David, who according to Stein, was unabashedly heterosexual.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#1567 Feb 21, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth is nondenominational.
<quoted text>
Better re-examine your own family ties before casting stones at someone's else's.
Really?

That must be what Pilate told Jesus.

Now, do you agree or disagree with the OT premise that the sins of the fathers are passed down to the son?

Got Jesus?

LOL....

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#1568 Feb 21, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Hetero's don't have to project their sexuality onto everyone in the Bible, esp. not King David, who according to Stein, was unabashedly heterosexual.
Well if Stein were there he would know, but if he wasn't he is simply giving his opinion, as you stated he stated.

LOL!

WHY do you have to keep blaming him when there are hundreds of Rabbis who disagree.

You see, joline, that's one of the problems with the Rabbi system (which Karaites have NEVER been a part of).

Even if they disagree they both are right?

Doesn't make sense does it?

Don't pretend to use Jewish knowledge when you don't understand it, you only look MORE ridiculous than usual...
InHisSteps

Columbia, SC

#1569 Feb 21, 2013
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
That must be what Pilate told Jesus.
Now, do you agree or disagree with the OT premise that the sins of the fathers are passed down to the son?
Got Jesus?
LOL....
What would it matter to someone who revels in sin and has denied the faith?
InHisSteps

Columbia, SC

#1570 Feb 21, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you think a loincloth covered?
<quoted text>
But why would a rabid homosexual avoid addressing why, for some, every relationship between two men, or two women is always sexual?
Hmmm ...
Joe,

Proverbs 14: Fools make a mockery of sin: but among the righteous there is favor.

Proverbs 19:3 The foolishness of man perverts his way: and his heart frets against the LORD.

Proverbs 14: 9 Fools mock at making atonement for sins, but among the upright there is good will.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#1572 Feb 21, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Stein never met David
InHisSteps

Columbia, SC

#1573 Feb 21, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Stein never met David
Neither did you! What could possibly be your point? Oh, that's right, you NEVER have a point!

Proverbs 17: 14 The beginning of strife is as when one letteth out water: therefore leave off contention, before there be quarrelling.

15 He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the righteous, both of them alike are an abomination to the LORD.

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#1575 Feb 21, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
"What is truth"?
<quoted text>
Yes, but since I edit this forum, I have an obligation to it.
Pharisee.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1576 Feb 22, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>Pharisee.
"Firee".
InHisSteps

Columbia, SC

#1577 Feb 22, 2013
Truthful wrote:
I grew up Disciples of Christ and changed over to the Episcopal Church twelve years ago. One thing that I learned in the Disciples was that the Bible is an interpretation of God's word. Some of it from God but also, from man or should I say the church.
Most against homosexuals state Leviticus. So, lets say that Leviticus is correct. Then that means that people who are divorced, steal (that includes white collar crimes) and sleep around with other peoples spouses are all going to hell and should not take part in the church.You can not pick and choose. So, include it all.
Heck, I would run out of fingers really fast if I sat and started counting all the people in my church that are very involved (deacons, board members and a few clergy). Yet, they are all allowed to get married and participate. Yet, homosexuals are made out to be sinners and corrupt.
I hate saying this but, religion has gotten to the point of a social club rather than worshiping the Lord which, I do and guess what? I am gay and married the man of my dreams twelve years ago. And we are about as normal and boring as any straight couple.
Churches are not supposed to judge. Only God. And I find it funny that homosexuals are not mentioned in The Ten Commandments and Jesus never spoke about it when he walked the earth. And that was at a time when homosexuality was at it's greatest.
I'm not sure if it is willfull ignorance or merely denial on your part but the scriptures condemn homosexuality vehemently and without question. You cannot BE a Christian AND a HOMOSEXUAL, period.

Your comments that a church is not to judge only God. God has judged homosexual conduct giving the descruction of Sodom and Gommorrah as examples of his law against this type of livestyle.

The scripture is the judge and using other Christians who have faults as all do as your scapegoat is a weak denial of your responsibility to live within the confines of the Christian life. Either you accept the scripture and the boundaries it establishes or you reject it and its grace through repentance and are convicted by it. The scripture is consisent in his abmonition against the "spiritual disease" of homosexuality. You cannot be a Christian and live as a homosexual. The two are mutually exclusive not according to "all those hypocrites at church" but by the Word of God.

God is righteous and loving and does not enable Christians to live in sin and accept the grace available through repentance. It is an either or decision. When Christ calls us to come to the cross he does not call us to remain in sin, but to die to that sin and find forgivenss under the shadow of his sacrifice.
Virgin First Fruit

Alpharetta, GA

#1578 Feb 22, 2013
InHisSteps wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure if it is willfull ignorance or merely denial on your part but the scriptures condemn homosexuality vehemently and without question. You cannot BE a Christian AND a HOMOSEXUAL, period.
You stopped looking at the pictures before you got to the juicy part
Only gay men will make it to heaven
They will only be redeemed from among men, and they have to be the first fruits
Men who have sex with women won't get in
++++++++++
Revelation 14:1> And I looked, and loe, a Lambe stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundreth fourty and foure thousand, hauing his Fathers Name written in their foreheads.
Revelation 14:2> And I heard a voice from heauen, as the voice of many waters, and as the voyce of a great thunder: and I heard the voyce of harpers, harping with their harpes.
Revelation 14:3> And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the foure beasts, and the Elders, and no man could learne that song, but the hundreth and fourtie and foure thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
Revelation 14:4> These are they which were not defiled with women: for they are virgines: These are they which follow the Lambe whithersoeuer hee goeth: These were redeemed from among men, being the first fruits vnto God, and to the Lambe.
Revelation 14:5> And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
++++++++++
InHisSteps

Columbia, SC

#1579 Feb 22, 2013
2 Thess 2: Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? 6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

There will be no HOMOSEXUALS in "the garden." Repent ye workers of iniquity!
Virgin First Fruit

Alpharetta, GA

#1580 Feb 22, 2013
InHisSteps wrote:
2 Thess 2: Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? 6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: 9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: 12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
There will be no HOMOSEXUALS in "the garden." Repent ye workers of iniquity!
Revelation trumps Thessalonians
Try to keep up

“Topix Administration”

Since: Aug 09

Palo Alto, Ca

#1581 Feb 22, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
"What is truth"?
<quoted text>
Yes, but since I edit this forum, I have an obligation to it.
Sorry to say, you don't edit any forums.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#1582 Feb 22, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
Answering what dear? Until you prove to me that "Stein's challenge" exits as anything more than a figment of your sad imagination, there remains nothing to answer. Why is that so difficult for you to understand.

#1583 Feb 22, 2013
The Temple has been CLEARED again!

Jesus Christ and his disciples journeyed to Jerusalem to celebrate the feast of Passover. They found the sacred city of God overflowing with thousands of pilgrims from all parts of the world.

Entering the Temple, Jesus saw the money changers, along with merchants who were selling animals for sacrifice. Pilgrims carried coins from their home towns, most bearing the images of Roman emperors or Greek gods, which Temple authorities considered idolatrous.

The high priest ordered that only Tyrian shekels would be accepted for the annual half-shekel Temple tax because they contained a higher percentage of silver, so the money changers exchanged unacceptable coins for these shekels. Of course, they extracted a profit, sometimes much more than the law allowed.

Jesus was so filled with anger at the desecration of the holy place that he took some cords and wove them into a small whip. He ran about, knocking over the tables of the money changers, spilling coins on the ground. He drove the exchangers out of the area, along with the men selling pigeons and cattle. He also prevented people from using the court as a shortcut.

As he cleansed the Temple of greed and profit, Jesus quoted from Isaiah 56:7: "My house shall be called a house of prayer, but you make it a den of robbers." (Matthew 21:13, ESV)

The disciples and others present were in awe of Jesus' authority in God's sacred place. His followers remembered a passage from Psalm 69:9: "Zeal for your house will consume me." (John 2:17, ESV)

The common people were impressed by Jesus' teaching, but the chief priests and scribes feared him because of his popularity. They began to plot a way to destroy Jesus.

#1584 Feb 22, 2013
"... but at the length truth will out," that is to say, eventually the truth will become known (from Shakespeare's The Merchant of Venice).

TRUTH WILL OUT INDEED!

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1585 Feb 23, 2013
Top Mod 8 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to say, you don't edit any forums.
http://www.topix.com/editors...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sc child support and visitation guidelines (Nov '06) Apr 24 Dzor22 540
News Lexington County towns seek road repairs and mo... (Dec '13) Apr 23 Theresa 3
News Man Post Fliers With Explicit Photos of His Ex-... (Apr '07) Apr 22 sorry 6
Dr Martin Luther King Jr Died For Nothing!!!!! Apr 22 U a Yagami 4
News Lexington Poker Ring: Where "The Tape" Came From (Aug '12) Apr 20 snickering 96
Read about the 3 Hebrew Boys and CCG (Jun '07) Apr 19 Fax 2,530
Review: Auditory Disorders Center Apr 18 Esoteric 1
More from around the web

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]