Episcopal Drama Rocks SC

Oct 17, 2012 Full story: FITSNews 1,813

The national Episcopal church has advised South Carolina Bishop Mark Lawrence that he has "abandoned" the church as a result of his refusal to accept its teachings on gay marriage and the ordination of gay and female clergy.

Full Story

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#1522 Feb 18, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... yet alive to Christ, and have you never heard of The Living Bible?
That rewritten paraphrased lousy edition is not alive.

Ever heard of a walking talking book?

How can it be possible that you can't say that Jesus is alive?

LOL!

Idiot.....

The Mountain Empire

#1523 Feb 18, 2013
Stan Upright wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the teachings of Jesus are of God and himself delivered to the Hebrew nation.
Cite one instance of Paul's plagerism, just one!
Homosexuals routinely reject Paul because they are Apostates and are "hellbound" anyway. Those who give them aid and comfort are "the devil's fools with the best laid plans."
WrongWay, face it, you are an idiot! Each post layers foolishness upon assumption.
Jesus came to fulfill the Law of Moses given by God. The Law of Moses commanded HOMOSEXUALS and OTHER MORAL CRIMINALS to be put to death. Jesus fulfilled the Law of Moses, he recognized it, he taught it and it is consistent with the writings of his disciples Peter, Paul, et. al.
As Jesus was known to say "because of the hardness of your heart" you cannot accept his teachings. Rejecting his teachings and commandments will result in eternal damnation. "Go directly to Hell, Do not Pass Go!, Do not collect $200."
We also see hints of Paul’s contact with Greek philosophy in some of his writings. For example, Paul, like the Platonists before him, wrote to the Romans that human reason is a way of coming into contact with the absolute Good, but of course he gave that ‘good’ the name of God:“For what can be known about God is perfectly plain to them, since God has made it plain to them. Ever since the creation of the world, the invisible existence of God and his everlasting power have been clearly seen by the mind's understanding of created things. And so these people have no excuse”(Rom 1:19-20). But Paul had also to temper the thought of the Platonists. They were too pessimistic about the body and the material world. He wrote to the Corinthians:“But if Christ is preached as raised from the dead, how can some among you say there is no resurrection of the dead?… What (the body) is sown is contemptible but what is raised is glorious; what is sown is weak, but what is raised is powerful”(1 Cor 15:12, 43). The Platonists were also too optimistic about self-knowledge. Paul wrote likewise to the Corinthians:“Any one of you who thinks he is wise by worldly standards must learn to be a fool in order to be really wise. For the wisdom of the world is folly to God”(1 Cor 3:18-19). Against Stoicism, Paul offered Christian insights into a personal God, into an eternal afterlife, and into an active love of others rather than passive self-interest. But like Stoicism, Paul also affirmed the mystery of Divine Providence and provided glimpses into the unity of the human race and of all of creation. In Corinthians, we see that he especially liked the Stoic concern for self-discipline in ethics:“Do you not realise that, though all the runners in the stadium take part in the race, only one of them gets the prize? Run like that -- to win. Every athlete concentrates completely on training, and this is to win a wreath that will wither, whereas ours will never wither”(1 Cor 9:24-25). In Thessalonica Paul found something to affirm the philosophy of the Epicureans, though, he had other purposes in mind:“… we do urge you, brothers, to go on making even greater progress and to make a point of living quietly, attending to your own business and earning your living, just as we told you to, so that you may earn the respect of outsiders and not be dependent on anyone”(1 Th 4:10-12). Still, Paul warned the Corinthians about Epicurean hedonism:“If the dead are not going to be raised, then Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall be dead. So do not let anyone lead you astray,'Bad company corrupts good ways”(1 Cor 15:33-34). Verse 33 of 1 Corinthian 15 may actually be a quotation from Menander.(3)

http://michaelckw.blogspot.com/2010/07/st-pau...

Next....

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#1524 Feb 18, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
... that you have lied so often about what Rabbi Israel Stein said
Sweetie, telling you and everyone else that you are fabricating quotes from a real Rabbi isn't lying about what said Rabbi said. That is what YOU are doing, I'm just here to remind you of that truth.

The ACTUAL AND ONLY SOURCE for your "quotes" from Rabbi Israel (not to be confused with Benjamin, Cleo or any other) Stein (retired) is "Joe De Caro", not Rabbi Israel (not to be confused with Benjamin, Cleo or any other) Stein (retired).

You are still free to prove me wrong in this statement, as you have been for weeks now. I tried to prove me wrong for you, even attempting to contact your alleged source myself. But I couldn't find and he didn't offer any evidence that I was wrong, just evidence that I was right. Unless you want to finally offer some evidence yourself that you haven't been nothing more than a pathological liar and pretending to use a real Rabbi to bolster your own arguments, that is pretty much the only conclusion left.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1525 Feb 18, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweetie, telling you and everyone else that you are fabricating quotes from a real Rabbi ...
... is your way of avoiding what Rabbi Stein had to say about people like you, specifically, why is it that every relationship between two men or two women is always sexual?

Why can't you tell us, Ricky?

this one

#1526 Feb 18, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
... is your way of avoiding what Rabbi Stein had to say
Which in turn is your way of avoiding what I have said about your alleged quotes from said Rabbi, sweetie. Haven't you gotten the least bit dizzy from all your spinning?

And one more opportunity for you to prove me wrong goes by in a flash of the same old denial and absolutely nothing more.

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1527 Feb 18, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
Which in turn is your way of avoiding what I have said about your alleged quotes from said Rabbi, sweetie. Haven't you gotten the least bit dizzy from all your spinning?
And one more opportunity for you to prove me wrong ...
No, Ricky, I don't have to prove you wrong because Rabbi Stein was right about Gays like you who must project their aberant sexuality unto everyone, including long dead biblical persons who can't defend themselves from your sexual slanders.

this one

#1528 Feb 18, 2013
So, in other words sweetie, you are conceding that I have been right all along in saying that all of your Rabbi "quotes" are nothing more than figments of your imagination. Jesus instructs you to go forth and sin no more at that point, but not you, you end by telling me that your Rabbi was right, even though you just admitted that you are unable to prove he actually said anything to be right about. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#1529 Feb 18, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Ricky, I don't have to prove you wrong because Rabbi Stein was right about Gays like you who must project their aberant sexuality unto everyone, including long dead biblical persons who can't defend themselves from your sexual slanders.
WOULD YOU PLEASE GET SPELL CHECK???? You are killing us. ABBERANT!!!!!!

“Are you done now?”

Since: Feb 13

Desk Jockey

#1530 Feb 18, 2013
Does anyone here have a Red Balls?

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1531 Feb 19, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>WOULD YOU PLEASE GET SPELL CHECK???? You are killing us. ABBERANT!!!!!!
Better check your "spell check" (aberrant) and your Caps Lock.
Rick in Kansas wrote:
So, in other words ...
No, in Rabbi Stein's words as your words are just lies.

“Plays well with others.”

Since: Jun 07

LIVING WELL*THE BEST REVENGE

#1532 Feb 19, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you take a look at how you spelled the word? PLEASE JOE...WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET YOUR ATTENTION? And there is nothing wrong with my ALL CAPS BUTTON. Wish you were here in person....and you could hear my ALL CAPS VOICE>
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#1533 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>Would you take a look at how you spelled the word? PLEASE JOE...WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET YOUR ATTENTION? And there is nothing wrong with my ALL CAPS BUTTON. Wish you were here in person....and you could hear my ALL CAPS VOICE>
Wouldn't it be great if we could type in colors!
We could send secret codes and all sorts of cool things to outsmart the enemy and the trolls
Stan Upright

Columbia, SC

#1534 Feb 19, 2013
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
We also see hints of Paul’s contact with Greek philosophy in some of his writings. For example, Paul, like the Platonists before him, wrote to the Romans that human reason is a way of coming into So do not let anyone lead you astray,'Bad company corrupts good ways”(1 Cor 15:33-34). Verse 33 of 1 Corinthian 15 may actually be a quotation from Menander.(3)
http://michaelckw.blogspot.com/2010/07/st-pau...
Next....
You failed miserably in proving your Assumption and Assertion that the Apostle Paul plagerized anything. The whole assinine argument that Paul's writings regarding HOMOSEXUALITY are wrong or outside of the scripture understanding and teaching of Jesus.

Paul was a member of the Sanhedrian and well versed in all Hebrew laws and customs. Jesus did not mention the topic of HOMOSEXUALITy because it was so far outside the norm that it was pointless. Every Jew knew of the descruction of Sodom and Gomorrah for their sin of HOMOSEXUALITY that the did not need a lesson on this point or God's judgments concerning it.

Stocism was not even new among the Greeks as if you have ever read the writings of Solomon, you see this topic frequently.

HOMOSEXUALITY is a sin unto death. Period!
Harry Homo

Columbia, SC

#1535 Feb 19, 2013
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
The entire post, above, is cut and pasted from the website www.chick.com
In fact, King James 1st was married and fathered three surviving children. However, his wife, Anne of Denmark, is known to have given birth to seven children, two stillbirths and at least three miscarriages, before she died. At least twelve pregnancies, in all.
Still, history shows that he enjoyed male companionship to the point that it is reasonable to conclude that the man was bi-sexual.
Doesn't really make much difference, does it?
Damn Bisexuals ruin it for everyone!

Just like all your bloated ramblings, does it really matter? NO

The Mountain Empire

#1536 Feb 19, 2013
Stan Upright wrote:
<quoted text>
You failed miserably in proving your Assumption and Assertion that the Apostle Paul plagerized anything. The whole assinine argument that Paul's writings regarding HOMOSEXUALITY are wrong or outside of the scripture understanding and teaching of Jesus.
Paul was a member of the Sanhedrian and well versed in all Hebrew laws and customs. Jesus did not mention the topic of HOMOSEXUALITy because it was so far outside the norm that it was pointless. Every Jew knew of the descruction of Sodom and Gomorrah for their sin of HOMOSEXUALITY that the did not need a lesson on this point or God's judgments concerning it.
Stocism was not even new among the Greeks as if you have ever read the writings of Solomon, you see this topic frequently.
You didn't read it all, you didn't read any of it or you would know better.

Perhaps since you are so enlightened you can tell me the ancient Hebrew word for homosexual?

BTW, every Jew knows the sin of Sodom is a lack of hospitality.

Saul was rejected by the early church in Jerusalem. He tells his little group that Peter is wrong. PETER! The man who first realized Jesus was the Messiah!

Peter, called rock by Jesus and Saul tells us that not only is HE WRONG, but the entire early church, the group that worked with, lived with, traveled with, ate with, prayed with, was taught by Jesus is wrong!

LOL!

Follow the Hellenist Saul, I'll stick with Jesus....

LOL..........

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#1537 Feb 19, 2013
Harry Homo wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn Bisexuals ruin it for everyone!
Just like all your bloated ramblings, does it really matter? NO
Phil,

I am still waiting for your answer to my post #123 in the "Judge makes order Permanent ..." thread.

You made the assertion and challenge. You need to answer.

As far as my bloated ramblings are concerned, TOPIX provides the space. You provide the comprehension - if you are able.
Logic Lessons 4 Fundies

Alpharetta, GA

#1538 Feb 19, 2013
Stan Upright wrote:
<quoted text>
Solution to your problem there; champ:
Don't name your cities 'sodom' or 'gomorrah'

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1539 Feb 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Would you take a look at how you spelled the word?...
Take your own advice.

this one

#1540 Feb 19, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
No, in Rabbi Stein's words as your words are just lies.
I'm still waiting for you to prove that they are in fact Rabbi Stein's words. How is it that you manage to keep forgetting that?

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1541 Feb 20, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still waiting for you to prove ...
... that you still can't face the truth about yourself and your fellow GLBTs?

As Stein said, David was unabashedly heterosexual in his pursuit of Bathsheba; David was accused by the prophet Nathan of both murder and adultery, but never homosexuality.

The Bible paints saints warts and all, so why would it hide a homosexual relationship between David and Jonathan?

Then again, for some, why is every relationship between two men or two women always sexual?

We're still waiting for your answer, Ricky.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know where conman Terry Wellham is in jail> 20 hr tracker 1
Brother & Sister Have 4 Kids:Want Incest Legalized (Mar '08) Mon xxx12345 219
Somebody Throat Punch Lindsey Graham Already Mon American 1
R.E.M. Lead Singer Admits He's Gay (Mar '08) Nov 22 lelelelelel 49
Lexington Poker Ring: Where "The Tape" Came From (Aug '12) Nov 19 congthu 84
Costco construction in Columbia (Feb '11) Nov 18 Romaro 19
Should All SC Judges Be Drug and Alcohol Tested... Nov 17 Booze 3
Columbia Dating
Find my Match

Columbia People Search