Episcopal Drama Rocks SC

Episcopal Drama Rocks SC

There are 1811 comments on the FITSNews story from Oct 17, 2012, titled Episcopal Drama Rocks SC. In it, FITSNews reports that:

The national Episcopal church has advised South Carolina Bishop Mark Lawrence that he has "abandoned" the church as a result of his refusal to accept its teachings on gay marriage and the ordination of gay and female clergy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at FITSNews.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#703 Dec 31, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you making up sources again, sweetie? I tried a search for your Doctor and much like with your Rabbi, it appears that you simply have made stuff up. I found a Leanne Payne, who isn't a doctor ...
... despite the fact she has a doctorate in psychology?

I bet you didn't find her book, "The Broken Image," either because you weren't looking very hard, were you?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#704 Jan 1, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you didn't find her book, "The Broken Image," either because you weren't looking very hard, were you?
She does? I wonder why her website doesn't mention her doctorate in psychology?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#705 Jan 1, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a minute.... ain't she that lunatic that preaches against the Harry Potter books? Yeah, she's credible....

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#706 Jan 2, 2013
Once I give Joe a good smack down then it is crickets....

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#707 Jan 2, 2013
Selecia Jones- JAX FL wrote:
<quoted text>It is fun...
And easy.

He bites the bait every time.

One thing about our pal joie, he's predictable and amusing, uneducated, ignorant and arrogant but always amusing....
Sam Spade

Columbia, SC

#710 Jan 2, 2013
Heads or tales, HOMOSEXUALS always bite! LOL!

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#711 Jan 2, 2013
Once I give Joe a good smack ...
... you avoid the forum for days?

Looks like you're licking your own wounds.

Location hidden

#712 Jan 2, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... you avoid the forum for days?
Looks like you're licking your own wounds.
I was busy with the 70 people who were at my home for a New Year's Day party...and it took some doing to prepare the feast. I had gay, straight, young and old alike...I even had 2 priests as guests in my home. The first guest arrived at 1 p.m and the last one left at nearly 9 p.m. Turkey, ham, black-eye peas, mustard and turnip greens, Southern cornbread, sweet potato pie, double fudge brownies, brie, salami, pepper jelly, bundt cake, red velvet...and MORE. It was a wonderful day at my home. Wonderful way to begin the NEW YEAR!

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#713 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
I was busy ...
... being a liar.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#714 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>I was busy with the 70 people who were at my home for a New Year's Day party...and it took some doing to prepare the feast. I had gay, straight, young and old alike...I even had 2 priests as guests in my home. The first guest arrived at 1 p.m and the last one left at nearly 9 p.m. Turkey, ham, black-eye peas, mustard and turnip greens, Southern cornbread, sweet potato pie, double fudge brownies, brie, salami, pepper jelly, bundt cake, red velvet...and MORE. It was a wonderful day at my home. Wonderful way to begin the NEW YEAR!
OMG!!! lol.....and you didn't invite your TOPIX family?

Location hidden

#715 Jan 3, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG!!! lol.....and you didn't invite your TOPIX family?
I actually did...

Location hidden

#716 Jan 3, 2013
Everyone is WELCOME in my home...it is that Episcopalian way...we understand HOSPITALITY!!!!

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#717 Jan 3, 2013
Everyone is WELCOME in my home...it is that Episcopalian way...
Under the "Episcopalian (sic) way" your home wouldn't be your home, but a building held in trust for the national organization.

The Mountain Empire

#718 Jan 3, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Under the "Episcopalian (sic) way" your home wouldn't be your home, but a building held in trust for the national organization.
A community can meet anywhere, you are thinking like a roman with relics placed in the altar stone to make it legal.

LOL.......

The Mountain Empire

#719 Jan 3, 2013
Everyone is WELCOME in my home...it is that Episcopalian way...we understand HOSPITALITY!!!!
Joline wouldn't come in unless everyone was as perfect as he is...

;-)

“... truth will out.”

Stratford, Connecticut.

#720 Jan 3, 2013
MiddleWay wrote:
<quoted text>
A community can meet anywhere ...
According to its lawyers, TEC is a national organization, not a community with personal property rights.

Location hidden

#721 Jan 3, 2013
Even Joe DeCaro is welcome in my home...I really AM a Christian.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#723 Jan 3, 2013
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>How can you claim to be a Christian when you oppose the Bible, the very basis of Christianity?
Are you even fooling yourself?
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
You worship your perversion, not God, and you're willing to sacrifice an historic faith in the process.
We oppose your collection of redneck 'bibles' because they are not authentic
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#725 Jan 3, 2013
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>You have failed to cite ANY Bible translation, ancient Bible text, or Judeo-Christian tradition that places in question the Bible's many condemnations of all homosexual behavior.
That's because 'homosexual' is not found anywhere between the covers of the Authorized King James Bible
http://etb-history-theology.blogspot.com/2012...

Location hidden

#726 Jan 3, 2013
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>How can you claim to be a Christian when you oppose the Bible, the very basis of Christianity?
Are you even fooling yourself?
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
You worship your perversion, not God, and you're willing to sacrifice an historic faith in the process.
Found your boyfriend this time!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ed-coffin/josep...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
holy temple church of the lord jesus christ of ... (Mar '13) Fri Alonzo 536
News Resident runs throughout Aiken County for ALS a... Aug 25 Edgardo Dealez 10
News Photo shows black public safety officer helping... Aug 25 Of Course 35
The people are bullshit Aug 25 Effects of Racism 1
Why I Do not support Hillary Clinton Aug 24 Kron Calderon 1
Why I Support Trump Aug 24 The Jinn 34
News Should students be allowed to wear Confederate ... Aug 23 WTFIsWrongWithYou 35
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages