Clinton To Quit Presidential Race

Full story: WLTX Columbia

Hillary Rodham Clinton has decided to end her historic presidential campaign. Clinton is expressing support for Democratic rival Barack Obama and calling on Democrats to unite against Republican John McCain but ...
Comments
21 - 40 of 111 Comments Last updated Jun 8, 2008
John Feaster

AOL

#22 Jun 5, 2008
It has finally dawned on her that she has pissed off the powerers that be in the national Democratic party and she is trying mightly to re-suck-up. Hah!
Thats BS

Columbia, SC

#23 Jun 5, 2008
theeaglehasdisbanded wrote:
I would rather vote for Ozzy Osbourne than McBush or McShame. Anything is better than another year of that moron Bush whose policies and greedy corporate cronies have shot this country straight to hell in a bucket.
Hell yes, Eagle. Ozzy for President!!
copperlady

Blythewood, SC

#24 Jun 5, 2008
Now she'll have all the time she needs to answer those 3:00 a.m. phone calls that were so important to her for SOME reason!
Yankee in the South

United States

#25 Jun 5, 2008
AMERICAN wrote:
Billary Clinton is the top story for WLTX. Where is the story of GOV. Mark Sanford signing the illegal immigration bill into law today.WIS has already reported this. Why is the heat index more important than this.A bunch of idiots at WLTX!!!!!!!!!!
Yet you keep coming back to thier website. Why?
ika-

Newark, OH

#26 Jun 5, 2008
obama the sambo i guess watermellon and chicken is on the stove for tonight obama is another dr martin luther king he is gonna go out with a bang
REALIST

Toronto, Canada

#27 Jun 5, 2008
No Bulldikes in the white house. down with DACs
Enlightened

Prosperity, SC

#28 Jun 5, 2008
BWG wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL A lot of Democrats are either going to do just that or not vote at all. Obama is Jimmy Carter's Second Term...
Barack Hussein Obama: May 2008:“We can’t drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times ... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK.”
James Earl Carter: July 1979:“I ask Congress to give me authority for mandatory conservation and for standby gasoline rationing.... And I’m asking you for your good and for your Nation’s security to take no unnecessary trips, to use carpools or public transportation whenever you can, to park your car one extra day per week, to obey the speed limit, and to set your thermostats to save fuel. Every act of energy conservation like this is more than just common sense — I tell you it is an act of patriotism.”
We have been here before. Do we really want to go back there again?
If you weren’t around then, do some research. I remember what the Jimmy Carter years were like. They were bad in every sense of the world.
Perhaps you would enjoy sitting in lines for gas, but I didn't and neither did the rest of America.
Perhaps you would like running away inflation, skyrocketing interest rates and double digit unemployment but I didn't and nor did the rest of America. Carter was a terrible miserable excuse of a President. He was a naive fool of the first order whose misguided foreign policies still haunt us today. Iran-Afghanistan-Iraq all trace back to him and his idiotic 'can't-we-all-just-get-all' policies. There was a reason why a B-actor absolutely crushed him when he ran for re-election in 1980.
We couldn't wait to get the bum out of the White House. And now the Democrats are about to nominate someone just like him. Heaven help us.
The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.-- Marcus Aurelius
People that have done the research will agree with you. The people that get their information from the Liberal press will not.
The spin doctors have made this a race/gender issue when it's all smoke and mirrors. Obama has never said what his plan is for "the greatest nation in the world, join with me to change it." Doesn't a statement like that scare you?
The SHEEPLE will vote for who is the best BS artist. Intelligent people will do the research.
copperlady

Blythewood, SC

#30 Jun 5, 2008
ika- wrote:
obama the sambo i guess watermellon and chicken is on the stove for tonight obama is another dr martin luther king he is gonna go out with a bang
Such ignorance so early in the morning. Be careful, hope YOU and yours you hold dear to your heart don't go OUT with a BANG, who ever you are, you low down, dumb a s s, RACIST PIG!!! Oh, btw watermelon spelled with ONE "l"), you uneducated hick, is delicious, especially with these hot temps. we've been having...you should try it!

“Prayer Is Power”

Since: Dec 06

Faith-Not-Religion

#31 Jun 5, 2008
BWG wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL A lot of Democrats are either going to do just that or not vote at all. Obama is Jimmy Carter's Second Term...
Barack Hussein Obama: May 2008:“We can’t drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times ... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK.”
James Earl Carter: July 1979:“I ask Congress to give me authority for mandatory conservation and for standby gasoline rationing.... And I’m asking you for your good and for your Nation’s security to take no unnecessary trips, to use carpools or public transportation whenever you can, to park your car one extra day per week, to obey the speed limit, and to set your thermostats to save fuel. Every act of energy conservation like this is more than just common sense — I tell you it is an act of patriotism.”
We have been here before. Do we really want to go back there again?
If you weren’t around then, do some research. I remember what the Jimmy Carter years were like. They were bad in every sense of the world.
Perhaps you would enjoy sitting in lines for gas, but I didn't and neither did the rest of America.
Perhaps you would like running away inflation, skyrocketing interest rates and double digit unemployment but I didn't and nor did the rest of America. Carter was a terrible miserable excuse of a President. He was a naive fool of the first order whose misguided foreign policies still haunt us today. Iran-Afghanistan-Iraq all trace back to him and his idiotic 'can't-we-all-just-get-all' policies. There was a reason why a B-actor absolutely crushed him when he ran for re-election in 1980.
We couldn't wait to get the bum out of the White House. And now the Democrats are about to nominate someone just like him. Heaven help us.
The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.-- Marcus Aurelius
I remember it well, and hope it does not happen again.
claude

Columbia, SC

#33 Jun 5, 2008
ika- wrote:
ika = ignorant known @ss
It amazes me how much hatred there is left in this world toward black people. It really make me think that everyone that is hating on Obama is really jealous of him.
Dr Pepper

Irmo, SC

#34 Jun 5, 2008
If I were Jewish, McCain would be looking real good right now.
LMAO

Gaston, SC

#35 Jun 5, 2008
.........PLEASE.....
Flash wrote:
I know she hat that she lost to a certified brother.
Fedup

Columbia, SC

#36 Jun 5, 2008
A draft copy of Sen. Hillary Clinton’s planned concession speech leaked this morning after the candidate inadvertently emailed it to her entire “buddy list”, and both copies then fell into the hands of the news media.

In the speech, Sen. Clinton attempts to lay the groundwork for Democrat unity, based on what she calls “a kind of unshakable bond that can only be sustained by proper treatment of one’s defeated adversaries.”

Here are some excerpts from the speech which Sen. Clinton is expected to deliver this weekend.

“No matter the outcome of the presidential race this November, the year 2008 is a watershed for Democrats. For the first time in the history of either party, a woman selflessly withdrew from a race she was winning to lend a merciful, helping hand to a young African-American in his time of need.”

“We have both broken down barriers, Sen. Obama and I, in this historic race. However, since he is only half black, but I am all woman, it goes without saying that my accomplishment in nearly winning is the greater civil rights triumph, mathematically speaking.”

“I will campaign vigorously for the party’s nominee, whoever that may be. I do it out of a sense of noblesse oblige — my nobility obligates me. I hope Sen. Obama sees my endorsement, and pledge of delegates, as a hand up, not a hand out.”

“If Barack Obama becomes the next president of the United States, let it never be said that he won only because he’s black, but rather that he won because a gracious white woman sacrificed her own ambitions for the good of humanity.”

“In closing, I want to personally address Sen. Obama by paraphrasing President John F. Kennedy, who, coincidentally, was assassinated like his brother Robert was: Sen. Obama, ask not what Hillary Clinton can do for you. Ask what you can do for the woman who was almost the first female president of the United States.”
HeeHaw

Myrtle Beach, SC

#37 Jun 5, 2008
Who is she? She's a hottie! I'd vote for her...
EJF Member

Columbia, SC

#38 Jun 5, 2008
The HILDA BEAST FEMINIST has gone down. What a joyful day for ALL men.
PeaceMaker

Columbus, OH

#39 Jun 5, 2008
For Heaven's Sake Stop Already. What reason did she have to just give up? Hillary is the better person for the job and the support she has received showed just that. If you are hoodwinked by the Obama's good speeches, then good for you. But the reality of it all is, in the end, you'll be wishing Clinton had received the Position of Commander In Chief. And Myself as a soldier would definitely have been glad to probably stay a little longer, but just in case, I much rather retire with the things I have now then ending up back in Iraq because we left just a little bit to soon. Vote Hillary Clinton as your Write-In candidate for the 2008 Presidential Election.
concern

Columbia, SC

#40 Jun 5, 2008
I have read the comments in the forum and it is time to grow-up obama didn't get the nominee for president on black voters along. the united states see it is time for a change and we are ready for a change it is time for the black man to be consider as equal to any other race. We all bleed the same color blood and we all will meet the same maker. It is sad when a person is still judged by the depth of there skin and not the depth of there character. Obama take your place at the front of the bus.
concern

Columbia, SC

#41 Jun 5, 2008
PeaceMaker wrote:
For Heaven's Sake Stop Already. What reason did she have to just give up? Hillary is the better person for the job and the support she has received showed just that. If you are hoodwinked by the Obama's good speeches, then good for you. But the reality of it all is, in the end, you'll be wishing Clinton had received the Position of Commander In Chief. And Myself as a soldier would definitely have been glad to probably stay a little longer, but just in case, I much rather retire with the things I have now then ending up back in Iraq because we left just a little bit to soon. Vote Hillary Clinton as your Write-In candidate for the 2008 Presidential Election.
Thank you for fighting for our country and I am very thanksful to God that you made it home safely but hillary will be another bush, do not know when to quit. Sometime you have to know when enough is enough and she has reached the end of her battle. She is trying to bully herself into the white house like bush bulled this country into a war based on lie's and we have lost alot of our brother's, father's husband's, cousin's, friend's etc.
drunkbynoon

Charlotte, NC

#42 Jun 5, 2008
all polititions suck. there liars, they don't do anything but promise us changes but they never seem to happen. the president is a puppet with the strings being pulled by the rich. we're spiraling down the sh*t tube and will never come out. and how can billary run against Obama then turn 180 and want to run with him? she just wants to get the power that she craves. what they need is a noboby in there. an honest to god, hard working american, with good values that will work for the american people for $100,000/year (with benefits of course). just a good ole boy will do. somebody with some backbone that will stand up to these fat bastard oil tycoons and insurance companies...thats all i have
Georgia King

AOL

#43 Jun 5, 2008
After hearing Obama is changing the name of the White House to?? My vote now is for Mc Cain. Collen Powell would have never done or said the things Obama has, so I am not prejudice, and don't like people who are like Obama's wife! They both got caught by their own words and beliefs, then try to lie out of it. God help our country not God Damn It.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Auto Money Title Loans Violating SC State Law (Sep '12) 1 hr msjazzy2012 23
Hit-and-run victim sees truck that hit him at U... 2 hr FYI 1
Allow the Mosque or Not at Ground Zero (Aug '10) Fri Justice 5,657
State court: Workers' comp OK for kickball injury Fri Naughtyrobot 6
Camera and radar bill will make roads safer (Feb '11) Aug 28 TN Voter 6
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Aug 27 NEWORLDORDERPLAN2... 1,148
captainobvious Aug 26 cayleyvelez 1
•••
•••
Columbia Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Columbia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••