Clinton To Quit Presidential Race

Clinton To Quit Presidential Race

There are 111 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Jun 4, 2008, titled Clinton To Quit Presidential Race. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

Hillary Rodham Clinton has decided to end her historic presidential campaign. Clinton is expressing support for Democratic rival Barack Obama and calling on Democrats to unite against Republican John McCain but ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
tall man

Decatur, GA

#1 Jun 4, 2008
I'm really disapointed because this gives this idiot Obama a slim chance of becoming President.
pineridge

Irmo, SC

#3 Jun 4, 2008
well is she or isnt she quitting.this is a hell of a election.about as bad as this report,on one line it said she has an next line it says she hasnt. This is one helluva election, an old man an a young inexperienced black man.this will make us a third world country shortly.
CJC

Mount Pleasant, SC

#4 Jun 4, 2008
p rainwater wrote:
clinton just proved she's as big a liar as obama.
she's a quitter and lied to get votes.
there is no difference between her and obama's tactics.
both are liars.
Or any other politians. They are all liars.
pat

United States

#5 Jun 4, 2008
obamas<>samabo
Thats BS

Chapin, SC

#6 Jun 4, 2008
Aww come on guys, ya'll are too uptight. Hillary is a good leader. She's been a good senator and she'd have been a good President. It's just not her time. She shoulda run last time against old Lerch Kerry and she'd be the President now. I am proud of her as a woman for running and for the accomplishments she's made along the way. I think Obama will be a good leader too, it's about time America has a black president. Maybe it will help people's attitudes towards each other and bring us together as Americans instead of worrying about what color our skin is or what political party we identify with. I sure don't want 4 years of boring old John McCain!! I'm votin' for Obama...
Shining Star

Greenville, SC

#7 Jun 4, 2008
tall man wrote:
I'm really disapointed because this gives this idiot Obama a slim chance of becoming President.
TALL MAN you need to shut the HELL UP!! You are the Big Idiot..Clinton is a Big Liar and I don't trust her.. So stop hating on Obama, you must be jealous.
Joan Mobley

AOL

#8 Jun 4, 2008
The first paragraph is contradictory. Your lede in says Sen. Clinton has decided to end her campaign. Your last sentence says she has not decided whether to end the campaign.
Which is it???
Crazee

Summerville, SC

#9 Jun 4, 2008
Yeah! The big bad witch is gone! Our savior Obano will save us from everything! We will have low gas prices, a better economy, higher wages, more cute polar bears, a new ice age, no more wars, better sex, and the national church will be the Nation of Islam. Louie Farrakhan will be the Sec of State. I'm just so happy! Finally!
Curious

Oxford, CT

#10 Jun 4, 2008
ever notice while reading these political comments how Obama supporters are fair and positive and Clinton are name callers?
Flash

Irmo, SC

#11 Jun 4, 2008
I know she hat that she lost to a certified brother.
lil john

Manning, SC

#12 Jun 4, 2008
Curious wrote:
ever notice while reading these political comments how Obama supporters are fair and positive and Clinton are name callers?
YES. Just thought it was kool aid Obama supporters are on.
AMERICAN

Gilbert, SC

#13 Jun 4, 2008
Billary Clinton is the top story for WLTX. Where is the story of GOV. Mark Sanford signing the illegal immigration bill into law today.WIS has already reported this. Why is the heat index more important than this.A bunch of idiots at WLTX!!!!!!!!!!

BWG

“Cogito ergo sum”

Since: May 07

Irmo

#14 Jun 4, 2008
Curious wrote:
Clinton supporters will be voting in November in the real election. I doubt they will have forgotten the way Obama, his supporters, the DNC and the media treated Clinton.
theeaglehasdisba nded

Myrtle Beach, SC

#15 Jun 4, 2008
I would rather vote for Ozzy Osbourne than McBush or McShame. Anything is better than another year of that moron Bush whose policies and greedy corporate cronies have shot this country straight to hell in a bucket.
Dark Kent

Montezuma, IA

#16 Jun 4, 2008
pineridge wrote:
well is she or isnt she quitting.this is a hell of a election.about as bad as this report,on one line it said she has an next line it says she hasnt. This is one helluva election, an old man an a young inexperienced black man.this will make us a third world country shortly.
cry a river and after you are finished, mop up your mess whineridge.
Dark Kent

Montezuma, IA

#17 Jun 4, 2008
tall man wrote:
make a statement by first getting yourself registered and vote your say in the general election.
cin

United States

#18 Jun 4, 2008
I will VOTE for Hillary in Nov. 2008 as a write in or on a ticket!(sorry Sundance)

BWG

“Cogito ergo sum”

Since: May 07

Irmo

#19 Jun 5, 2008
cin wrote:
I will VOTE for Hillary in Nov. 2008 as a write in or on a ticket!(sorry Sundance)
LOL A lot of Democrats are either going to do just that or not vote at all. Obama is Jimmy Carter's Second Term...

Barack Hussein Obama: May 2008:“We can’t drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times ... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK.”

James Earl Carter: July 1979:“I ask Congress to give me authority for mandatory conservation and for standby gasoline rationing.... And I’m asking you for your good and for your Nation’s security to take no unnecessary trips, to use carpools or public transportation whenever you can, to park your car one extra day per week, to obey the speed limit, and to set your thermostats to save fuel. Every act of energy conservation like this is more than just common sense — I tell you it is an act of patriotism.”

We have been here before. Do we really want to go back there again?

If you weren’t around then, do some research. I remember what the Jimmy Carter years were like. They were bad in every sense of the world.

Perhaps you would enjoy sitting in lines for gas, but I didn't and neither did the rest of America.

Perhaps you would like running away inflation, skyrocketing interest rates and double digit unemployment but I didn't and nor did the rest of America. Carter was a terrible miserable excuse of a President. He was a naive fool of the first order whose misguided foreign policies still haunt us today. Iran-Afghanistan-Iraq all trace back to him and his idiotic 'can't-we-all-just-get-all' policies. There was a reason why a B-actor absolutely crushed him when he ran for re-election in 1980.

We couldn't wait to get the bum out of the White House. And now the Democrats are about to nominate someone just like him. Heaven help us.

The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.-- Marcus Aurelius
gilbert

Leesville, SC

#20 Jun 5, 2008
i think she should have did that a long time ago. she must have thought that the longer she wait that he would pick her for the vice-president instead of trying to find sombody else, besides who would want someone who tried to discount his creditability.
Chen

Summerville, SC

#21 Jun 5, 2008
No 1 needs to discount his creditability, he managed to do that himself. Olamer is naive and a liar ans will do anything to get votes. He quit his church finally after that white priest mocked clinton. He should have disassociated himself at the very start of the church controversy. The only way I'd vote for him is if clinton is his vice president, otherwise, McCain or Nader will get it.... And to be honest if Olamer becomes president, I doubt he'll survive 4 years....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
parental rights in jeopardy....join the fight t... (Mar '12) 16 hr Childrens tragedies 18
holy temple church of the lord jesus christ of ... (Mar '13) Jul 22 Alonzo 1,404
four kbr contractors brutally murder (Oct '08) Jul 20 SGTABN8630 48
News USC student says lynched monkey is racial threa... Jul 15 Oh No You Di-nt 7
News Resident runs throughout Aiken County for ALS a... (Aug '15) Jul 15 Ray Natch 61
the truth about the jews and israel Jul 13 BUDD PRESCOTT 1
News Sheriff: 4 Investigators Fired, One Performed S... (Oct '07) Jul 8 Black Lives Matter 337

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbia Mortgages