Sheriff: White Men Beat Black Teen Outside Store

Full story: WLTX Columbia

Benson says brothers Donald "Toadie" Williford and Brandon Todd Williford began beating the teen Tuesday after seeing him in a car with Toadie Williford's 16-year-old daughter in a grocery store parking lot in ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 159 Comments Last updated Feb 22, 2013
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
MiMi

Spartanburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2007

Well looks like Jena 6 is now become a duo. Can't wait to see how the great American Justice System handles this one.

“Speak your mind.”

Since: Aug 07

Chester, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2007

OK, let's not get ahead of ourselves on this one. Did the dad attack the 16-year-old SPECIFICALLY because he was black, or because he was with his daughter PERIOD? It's inexcusable either way, but I hope that no one just jumps to the conclusion that this is DEFINITELY a hate crime based on initial facts, before the investigation is completed.
XXX

Hopkins, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2007

Oh Oh

“Raising a stink”

Since: Jun 07

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2007

If he was beating the guy for being with his daughter, did he beat her too? Sounds like this poor guy was keeping company with the wrong kind of trailer park trash.
OutfieldJack

Pawleys Island, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2007

Why don't they call in the Feds when a white gets beaten up by a black?
Michelle

Chester, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2007

Why is there no statements made from the Willifords? From what I understand its all out of preportion!
Reverse Descrimination

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2007

OutfieldJack you did not know that it could only be a hate crime that needed to brought to the attention of the FBI if it were a White on any other race crime?

“Speak your mind.”

Since: Aug 07

Chester, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2007

OutfieldJack wrote:
Why don't they call in the Feds when a white gets beaten up by a black?
Good point...they should.
GGQ

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2007

If I found my daughter with a black boy or white trash boy and there was a hint of more than just friendship it would not be a pleasant sight.

I think everyone should have a mate their same race...PERIOD.
Tippy Toes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2007

GGQ wrote:
If I found my daughter with a black boy or white trash boy and there was a hint of more than just friendship it would not be a pleasant sight.
You and me both!!!! LOL
Bart Simpson

Blythewood, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2007

GGQ wrote:
Why is that? What is your rationale? Are you not familiar with Moses and his black wife Zipporah? If you want to stay within your race, you have every right, but your daughter has a right to choose. You would be a BAD father if you dictated who her mate should be.
Bart Simpson

Blythewood, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2007

GGQ wrote:
Oh...black = white trash boy...you are such a racist! But of course you will be the first to say you are not!
Bart Simpson

Blythewood, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2007

GGQ wrote:
Do you all think there is a separate heaven for blacks? What are you going to do if you get to heaven and all of those blacks you hated greet you at the gate? Or are they not worthy of your heaven?

If you all can think, you need to think beyond your sorry Redneck lives and see a more global world and a more global heaven.
Rich

Leesville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2007

Toadie Williford [you said the man that tried to break up the fight was 28!How old was the man with the 16 year old???[fighting is not the way but how old is the man with the (16)year old THANK YOU
so what

Summerville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2007

This should not be headline news. Anything for a story I guess. This kind of thing can blow up. We need to be smart news crew.
JUDGE WILLIAMS

Summerville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2007

I REALLY THINK WHAT THESE MEN DID IS COMPLETLY WRONG. I THINK THEY SHOULD BE PUNISHED AND CHARGE WITH WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN CHARGED WITH. THESE MEN ARE BEATING A CHILD AND REGUARDLESS OF THE RACE HE IS STILL A CHILD. THE FATHER SHOULD HAVE CONDUCTED HIMSELF IN A MORE PARENTAL WAY (SO TO SPEAK). SO MAYBE HE DONT KNOW HOW TO CONTROL HIMSELF OR HIS DAUGHTER.
Harry

Montgomery Village, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2007

Everytime a black and white person gets in a fight, does not mean that it is a hate crime.Most of the time it will just be a fight between two AH'S. However, when there is a white female involved and some redneck is protecting her honor, it is more than likely a hate crime. I learned a long time ago that there is nothing that gets the man more upset than the thought of a black man doing the deed to ms ann. Sure things have changed and people are screwing across the color line on a daily basis, but some folk still have a big problem with it.Growing up in the 50's, I was told not to even look at ms ann. When things changed, I screwed ms ann every chance I got up to the time I got married.It is going to happen, so get use to it. Probably happens in your own family with the young folk.

“Trust No One”

Since: Apr 07

Summerville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2007

Kudos to the man who broke the fight up. The first victim was able to get away because of him and presumably call or get someone to call 911.
No No No

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2007

Bart Simpson wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you all think there is a separate heaven for blacks? What are you going to do if you get to heaven and all of those blacks you hated greet you at the gate? Or are they not worthy of your heaven?
If you all can think, you need to think beyond your sorry Redneck lives and see a more global world and a more global heaven.
If everybody don't stop all the hating, they will not make it to a global heaven. The Bible says that no sin is going to enter into the kingdom. That includes hate and racism. Hell is for these types of people. Let's clean it up folks!
No No No

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2007

The article didn't say she was dating a black guy. Has it ever occured to you that they could've been doing homework, or maybe he sat down to talk to her about the problems with her boyfriend? or maybe he is her best friend in the whole world. No one said she was dating this guy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Columbia Forum right now

Search the Columbia Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier ordered her offi... Thu Drake_Burrwood 1
Lexington Poker Ring: Where "The Tape" Came From (Aug '12) Tue kutethus 65
rivirbanks zoo Jul 27 lucy 1
Giving help, getting help in the Midlands, June 4 (Jun '13) Jul 25 anynamefillinblank 4
Malaysian consulate open to allow signing of fl... Jul 24 IBU NUNUNG DI BRUNEI 3
Auto Money Title Loans Violating SC State Law (Sep '12) Jul 23 readyreggie 20
SC SC state senator refers to candidate as 'raghead' (Jun '10) Jul 22 Lawrence Wolf 1,126
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbia Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••