Toddler Dies After Getting Entangled ...

Toddler Dies After Getting Entangled In Window Blind Cord

There are 22 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Nov 26, 2007, titled Toddler Dies After Getting Entangled In Window Blind Cord. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

NORRIDGEWOCK, Maine -- A death of a one-year-old boy who became entangled in the cord of a window blind while napping at his home in Norridgewock has been ruled an accidental strangulation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Read ME

Saint Louis, MO

#24 Mar 2, 2008
Please come to this site and get educated. www.pfwbs.org
Better yet, come to youtube and watch this video. Tying up pull cords WON"T SAVE YOUR CHILD if they are over the age of 18 months!!!!!!
www.youtube.com/pfwbs
The window cords need to be OUT OF YOUR HOME. I don't care HOW high you tie them. Many many children have REACHED them and died. Stop blaming parents and spread the word instead. CORDS KILL KIDS.
Balley Blinds,
Its the MANUFACTURES fault for not telling parents YEARS ago this was happening. Why did they keep inner cord stranulation silent for 14 years before going public after a dozen children died? Why are they not telling people that safety kits don't work? Why won't they tell the public that over 100 children have died since their so called recall? Why won't they TELL parents NEVER to use CORDS in a home with children? Ya, whose fault is it? Kids are STILL dying even when parents are doing everything they are told. Its all about money.
robert nevins

New Paltz, NY

#25 Apr 27, 2014
there are 17,000,000. children under the age 6 which means you move
17,000,000 cribs away from the windows. From 1980 to the present time there are hundreds of infant and child strangulation deaths i n the United States ,and Australia, and Canada. and etc. All of these deaths are easily prevented by the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission,who can remove these deadly cord covering applications from the American public domain. Ditto for Canada and Australia and etc.

get rid of your vertical and horizontal blinds by taking them down and
destroying them. spring loaded shades are safe and cheap..
If you cant afford these safe shades,then take the sheets off your beds and use them ,I promise you you will sleep better. Robert Nevins Sr. Ret N.Y.City Firefighter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DC Circuit Tosses DC's Concealed Carry Ban 20 hr Mr Manfredgensenden 1
the hollows apt complex Mon happy to know 1
Your new 20 cent a gallon tax hike brought to b... Jul 23 New Resident 2
Lindsey Graham is Bisexual (Mar '14) Jul 23 American 6
News Woman pleads guilty to murders (Jul '07) Jul 22 Mee123 385
News Irmo SC Court Drama Jul 21 mill towm 1
News Louisiana Towns Fine People with Sagging Pants (Aug '07) Jul 19 Leah 147

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance