holy temple church of the lord jesus ...
In Question

Columbia, SC

#85 Aug 27, 2013
Serene, what you said was profound. We all know what you said to be complete truth. When I heard about Brother Ward, I was just mortified! I didn't know what to say. He could have been easily treated for that issue and still lived to be with his wife and 14 or so children. I just don't get it.
Fortruth

Dillon, SC

#87 Sep 30, 2013
I must say Bishop SC Johnson has certainly stirred up hypocrites and infidels like stirring up a hornets nest! When one says Bishop Johnson was full of himself then that person hates truth and is full of the devil! People ought to thank God for a true man of God to tell the truth about everything! And to say God is not narrow to send one man to preach to the entire world is narrow minded and ignorant of Gods word! If you know your bible then who was the only preacher during Noah's day? Only he himself! Was God narrow? Then you talk about cotton stockings are ugly! What the world need to do is cover themselves wearing shorts and shirts showing their three bends in the body, and five waist lines, legs with fat running over and not ashame but the devil in the people want to make whats holy embarrassing and shameful! you talk about faith like its a sin to trust God! again ignorant of the bible! when Jesus was here how was the people healed? by the hands of doctors or by the hand of Jesus?
In Question wrote:
This forum is very interesting as I am very familiar with the Holy Temple Church and its history especially that dealing with Bishop S C Johnson. As I listened to this message by Bishop Johnson that was posted among many of his other sermons, I reminded just how puffed up and full of himself he really was. Really his message wasn't about the teaching of the plan of salvation, but it was more about how "HE" did various things to prove just how right "HE" was. Looks like he knew exactly how God was going to judge everyone, because he dammed everyone to hell except for himself and followers. He even said, " if he had ever seen an Apostle Paul, it was him". How big can your head really get. He liked to categorized the pride of life as wearing nylon pantyhose, then he must have created nylons because that is pride if I have ever heard it. Let me say this, God is not such a narrow God who created this great big world to send "ONE" man to tell the entire world. Let's be smart about this thing.
As I reflect on the Holy Temple, the attitude is still the same in 2013. Instead of really searching the scriptures for what is truth, these folks still operate like God didn't provide a Bible for all of us to read and understand. Cotton Stockings has nothing to do with my soul or even pride. They are just ugly! So if making me wear ugly clothing kills pride then okay.......
As far as their belief about medicine, we already know that was false. Luke who was a doctor himself walked with Jesus while he was on this earth.
Unfortunately, many people in this movement have died senselessly. This isn't about faith. If they had the faith not to go for help, they the faith was there. God provided a simple answer to many of these issues, but folks are afraid because of the foolishness that has been planted in their heads for years.
I could go on for days about this, but I'm going to stop for now.
faith

George Town, Cayman Islands

#88 Sep 30, 2013
Fortruth..... tutt tutt..... read your bible and don't be fooled..... Bishop Johnson was a bigot and egotistical man.....
Fortruth

Arcadia, SC

#89 Oct 1, 2013
Listen here FAITH (remember faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word if God)It sounds like you are egotistical and arrogant to call a God sent creature to tell u and the whole world the truth arrogant and egotistical ! Don't be deceived God is not mocked!
faith wrote:
Fortruth..... tutt tutt..... read your bible and don't be fooled..... Bishop Johnson was a bigot and egotistical man.....
In Question

Columbia, SC

#91 Oct 4, 2013
That the problem. No one is reading the Bible. The doctrine that Johnson taught is flawed on so many levels. Forget the man and line his teachings with the scripture and you will clearly see the errors in the doctrine.
Apparently, many folks really haven't given attention to Johnson's sermons, because if they did, they would hear him preaching Johnson and not Jesus!
Love

Bronx, NY

#92 Oct 24, 2013
To me, being a christian is having a personal relationship with God. Your relationship with God maybe different from another person's relationship with God. If you feel another person's personal relationship with God is wrong and want to know the correct path to go. Then I will say to you, PRAY. Prayer is the Key, Faith unlocks the door:

Matthew 7:7 - Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

It's amazing the energy I see going into this blog to damn a whole church and its pastors. I think we will all do better to just bow our heads and pray one for another. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

Isaiah 55:8-9: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," says the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

What is sad is that some soul out there will still have something negative to say or another scripture to quote used in a way to hurt or still condemn. So you I will tell you that the good LORD says:

1 Thessalonians 5:25 - Brethren, pray for us.

James 5:16 - Confess faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Psalm 27:14 - Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.

P.S.If you are wondering if I am a member of this church. No. I am not. But I am sensing a lot of animosity in this blog towards a church and its member. I am a christian. To me this is wrong.

John 13:34 - A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Matthew 5:44 - But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you

Ephesians 6:18 - Praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints,

That is all I wish to say. Prayer works better. Getting on a blog to sow discord, bitterness and strife. Is not the christian thing to do.

May you continue to walk with Jesus and always be in his care.
In Question

Columbia, SC

#93 Oct 31, 2013
Love, I appreciate your spirit. Honestly, I have no hatred towards anyone. I will tell you that information is power. The reason why folks are dying and living in a world of bondage is because there is no discussion about the teachings. If you read my posts, I address the teachings. I don't target anyone in my comments. However, these discussions are needed because people need to give thought about what they are doing. If God isn't requiring you die because of lack of medical care, why is that something that a church should require of you?

Food for thought.
Love

Bronx, NY

#94 Nov 2, 2013
In question, in fact you are targeting in your posts. Reread them. Words are powerful. God spoke the word into being with the power of his words.(Hebrew 11:13)

As I mentioned, None of us know Gods thoughts or plans.

Isaiah 55:8-9: For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," says the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

God inflicts illness as well as heal it. Only God know why he allow certain things to be.

Exodus 15:26 - And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the Lord that healeth thee.

The bible calls physicians forgers of lies. So if I choose to trust in Christ and not the doctor. That is my right as a Christian.

Job 13:4 - But ye are forgers of lies, ye are all Physicians of no value.

Also as I mentioned everyone's personal relationship with god is different. If I take ill, but my belief in god is so strong. Where I refuse medical attention because I trust in God so much I know he will take care of me. Your opinion of me really doesn't matter. At the end of the day is it Christ who I must give an account to not you. That is my personal relationship with God.

In contrast, If you profess to have faith in God. You get it ill. You decide that a simple surgery will do that job and that is that! If your personal relationship with god allow it. That is between you and your God.

James 4:12 - There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

In question, there is a difference between discussing a matter, and judging and condemning a matter. You've done the latter. Reread your posts.

In Discussion, there is a reason why the bible says be quick to hear and slow to speak.(James 1:19) It's ever so easy to start a discussion with a pure and helpful heart and then error. We are only human. How many of us started discussions, Only to end up forming our own opinion based off of our own understanding. Then become judgmental or condemning.

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

James 3:6 - And the tongue [is] a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

Proverbs 10:19 - In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips [is] wise.

In Discussion, If it is wisdom, knowledge or understanding you are seeking. You are in the wrong place seeking it. You do better to go to God in pray. There is nothing wrong with asking. But you do better to go to God in prayer for the answers you seek.

James 1:5 - If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

And last of all, In Discussion, God created us all with a conscience. Believers and none believers alike. So everyone knows right for wrong. Whether they give heed unto it is another subject. But Christ knows the heart.

John 8:9 - "And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

This is all I will say. If I offended anyone. Then I ask for forgiveness as that is not my intention.

May You continue to walk with Jesus and be in his care.
Love

Bronx, NY

#95 Nov 2, 2013
This is my last post on this blog. I find that this blog is unhealthy for me spiritually.

Romans 14:1-4 - Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs. Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him. Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

I will not debate Christ with anyone, as I am still a seeker. Seeking the wisdom, knowledge and understanding of Christ word. Since medical care was the main issue in discussion with In Discussion, to you I will only say. Do what your relationship with Christ allows you to do. But don't condemn another's. Especially when there is no bible for it.

My Father refused to go to the doctor when he got sick. These was the scripture he leaned on:

James 5:14 - Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

Acts 19:11-12 - Acts 19:11-12 - And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul: So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.

Now my Aunt who doesn't think help from a doctor is wrong. Called him all different kinds of stupid. Until I asked her not to. Nevertheless she came over to help us care for him and pray until he was healed. That is what worked for him.And that is what his relationship with God allowed.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#96 Nov 7, 2013
The point still remains in the blog. The Holy Temple Church of the lord Jesus Christ of the Apostolic faith has lost its legitimate ability to function as a realistic church. All it's members (generally speaking) are black. Nothing against any racial group...but to say that only the members of this church have a chance at heaven.....absurd. If you listen to the doctrine since Bishop Goodwin passed, they have conveniently elected to ease off the "this is theonly way right in the world". Why is that? I just feel sorry the members that believed so whole heartedly and now its just like a vacuum with no plug. So very sad.
RACHEAL192

Brooklyn, NY

#97 Nov 12, 2013
I HAVE READ ALL THE POST,AND IT IS TRULY SAD. WE ALL NEED MARCY, IF ALL THAT HAVE IS TRUE AND I DO KNOW ABOUT A FEW, THEN MAY YESHUA HAVE MARCY ON EVERYONE SOUL, IF YOU HAVE BEEN A MEMBER OF THE HTC YOU WILL KNOW THAT YOU CAN NOT JUST TALK WITH BISHOP GREEN HE IS NOT THAT KIND OF MAN. HE WILL GET LOUD AND PUT YOU OUT OF THE CHURCH. ALSO IF YOU TRY CALLING HIM ON THE PHONE HE WILL NEVER REPLY BACK, SO THIS IS IN THE HANDS OF YESHUA, LIKE SO MANY LIKE TO SAY IT IS A AKA JESUS CASE. I TRULY PRAY FOR ALL THAT IS THERE, AS WELL AS BISHOP GREEN. WE CAN NOT STAND WITH OR UP HOLD WRONG AND CALL OUR-SELF THE CHILDREN OF GOD. I WILL SAY TO ALL TAKE YOU LEAVE DO NOT STAY THERE IT WILL KILL YOUR SOUL DEAD. TALK AND WALK WITH THE TRUE SON OF GOD YESHUA, HE WILL LET YOU OUT BY THE RIGHT WAY.
NOTE TO ALL REMEMBER YESHUA SAID TO FOLLOW NO MAN / FLESH. AND WE ALL MUST NOT FORGET THE MOST IMPORTANT COMMANDMENT TO LOVE, TO LOVE OTHERS AS WE WOULD LOVE OUR SELF AS WE WOULD LOVE HIM FAST AND PRAY AND ASK FOR TOTAL HEALING FOR THE HTC ASK THAT THE TRUE GOD COMES IN TO ALL THE MEMBER HEART AND MINDS AND GIVE THEM ALL TRUE UNDERSTANDING OF HIS WORD.
RACHEAL192

Brooklyn, NY

#98 Nov 12, 2013
http://www.arthurbaileyministries.com/NewHere...

"A Spirit-Filled Life" 'What Walking in The Spirit Looks Like'

In this series you will learn what it means to be Spirit-filled, what walking in the Spirit should look like in our daily lives and many other valuable keys to living “A Spirit-Filled Life”! Recorded Live at House of Israel, a Congregation in Charlotte, NC
All Sermons From This Series

Part 1: "A Spirit-Filled Life"
'What Walking in The Spirit Looks Like'

http://www.arthurbaileyministries.com/Learnin...

Part 2: "A Spirit-Filled Life"
'What Walking in The Spirit Looks Like' Part 2

Part 3: "A Spirit-Filled Life"
'What Walking in The Spirit Looks Like' Part 3

Part 4:"A Spirit-Filled Life"
'What Walking In the Spirit Looks LIke' Pt. 4

Thompson

Indianapolis, IN

#100 Nov 25, 2013
It obvious most of you have not read the Bible, if you did you would not focus on a man to lead you that wasn't inspired by Elohim (GOD). Read the word and obey what's written not how you or any man feels. It's not because Bis. Green needs to repent for some secret sin they have all disobeyed the word that's why they're leaving NY and going to Columbia. Did anyone know the same things that goes on in NY is going on in Columbia? Wake up everyone and stop putting your head in the sand and behaving like it's not happening cause it is. They have to turn from their evil ways and turn unto Elohim. If they say they have no sin they are liars and the truth is not in them. Read 2 Chronicles 7:14 this is what they need to do.
RACHEAL192

Brooklyn, NY

#101 Dec 18, 2013
THE STATEMENT BELOW I AM IN AGREEMENT WITH, IF READ YOUR BIBLE YOU WOULD KNOW THAT THERE IS NO CHURCH THAT CAN GET YOU NI TO HEAVEN NOR IS THERE ANY MAN THAT CAN DO SO EVEN IF YOU LIVE IN THE CHURCH OR WITH YOUR BISHOP, PASTOR, MINISTER,OR WHAT HAVE YOU. YOU MUST READ THE BIBLE ASK ELOHIM (GOD) FOR HIS UNDERSTANDING NOT YOUR OWN, NOT WHAT WAS TOLD TO YOU, BUT ASKS OF ELOHIM.
Thompson wrote:
It obvious most of you have not read the Bible, if you did you would not focus on a man to lead you that wasn't inspired by Elohim (GOD). Read the word and obey what's written not how you or any man feels. It's not because Bis. Green needs to repent for some secret sin they have all disobeyed the word that's why they're leaving NY and going to Columbia. Did anyone know the same things that goes on in NY is going on in Columbia? Wake up everyone and stop putting your head in the sand and behaving like it's not happening cause it is. They have to turn from their evil ways and turn unto Elohim. If they say they have no sin they are liars and the truth is not in them. Read 2 Chronicles 7:14 this is what they need to do.

“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#102 Jan 9, 2014
RACHEAL192 wrote:
THE STATEMENT BELOW I AM IN AGREEMENT WITH, IF READ YOUR BIBLE YOU WOULD KNOW THAT THERE IS NO CHURCH THAT CAN GET YOU NI TO HEAVEN NOR IS THERE ANY MAN THAT CAN DO SO EVEN IF YOU LIVE IN THE CHURCH OR WITH YOUR BISHOP, PASTOR, MINISTER,OR WHAT HAVE YOU. YOU MUST READ THE BIBLE ASK ELOHIM (GOD) FOR HIS UNDERSTANDING NOT YOUR OWN, NOT WHAT WAS TOLD TO YOU, BUT ASKS OF ELOHIM.
<quoted text>
As the Word says..........lean not to your OWN understanding.

Salvation is IN Christ Jesus only.
Fighting for truth

Columbia, SC

#103 Feb 20, 2014
No one above knows what they are talking about! Apparently you all are not reading your bible or else you would talk like the eunuch in Acts 8:31 "How can I except some man should guide me." So u need to hear a preacher and be taught whether you liked him or not! Furthermore Romans 10:14 "How shall they hear without a preacher?" Many hypocrites and devils disliked Bishop SC Johnson because he preached against their desires and fleshly lusts but after all said everybody is going to obey what he says it or die and go to hell!
Thompson

Elgin, SC

#104 Mar 12, 2014
He that is sent will speak Yahweh's word just like Phillip did to the eunuch, not what he felt like preaching and men will say what does hinder me to get baptized. Bishop Johnson was the complete opposite he was about himself you have to be in the Spirit to know the Spirit.
Sis Pat Simpkins

Sumter, SC

#105 Mar 14, 2014
serenescene, better be careful speaking against the people of God.
The scriptures says "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."

Better be mindful, people.

God is not mocked.

Worry about yourself and leave God's people alone. If you have concerns and want to be saved...that's different. But speaking against God's people for no other reason than malice is a serious offense in the eyes of God.

And you do not have to be a believer either. God will strike you down even in your ignorance.

Sis Pat Simpkins HTC
fighting for truth in

Columbia, SC

#106 Mar 18, 2014
Thompson I see you are affected by Bishop Johnson and his teaching. He definitely left enough steam behind because hypocrites and infidels are stirred up because of him and just imagine if he was living today! My, my! However, just as the apostles who walked and talked with Jesus are in the dust and we have to contend with what they taught, so is everyone going to abide by the same doctrine taught and preached by Bishop Johnson so it's no use anyone getting mad and saying this or that about him because when the smoke clears and dust settles you gonna obey what Jesus, the apostles and Bishop Johnson taught so save your energy and obey Acts 2:38 and live holy!

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#107 Apr 8, 2014
Oh my goodness Simpkins. If you really think that the whole world must come to 2075 Clinton Ave to make it to heaven you have another think coming. Really....? Just look at the history.....Cotton stockings....not even your skin color....not even close. Jesus was a Jew..........Western civilization made up HTC....It is only a few decades old....It is compiled in the US of 99 percent blacks.....so only blacks make it to heaven.......Bishop Johnson wore stripped suits...Bishop Goodwin made it a sin.....Bishop Goodwin Prophesied Sarah Lewis was going to have a child.....do you still believe that??? Why was there never an explanation to that???? Why did Bishop Goodwin have to tell seasoned members of the HTC that they didn't have the gift of tongues but they were just making noise and the stop a once.........people dying uneccessarily.....Buddy Ward died from a nail injury.....The Newton girl from was it a tumor? Those are fixable medical problems....Dyiing of cancer with out the available therapy.....why????? Why is Columbia SC so divided from the Headquarters church??? It's because no one believes Belton Green should be in the position that he is in due to his obvious transgressions. There is no Malice...Just people are afraid to speak the facts. Just go on youtube and watch services now. It's a zoo compared to Bishop Goodwins time. 3/4 sleeves on the women?? silver band watches singing in talent service........list goes on. The Church is on the brink of foreclosure in multiple areas, you of all people should know that. Why is it tht Bishop Johnson had no regard for Bishop Goodwin and was basically removed from being a key leader in the Church before he died.....People don't even know what their medical ailments are to properly address them. Something as basic and diabetes that if detected early can be maintained and normal full term lives.....preaching against college degrees because it "puffs" you up......nonsense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Michael Vick:: Does the punishment fit the crime? (Apr '09) Thu LAWEST100 583
Poll Allow the Mosque or Not at Ground Zero (Aug '10) Nov 29 LAWEST100 5,680
News Trump chooses racial conciliator in UN pick Nik... Nov 25 Bigrev608 1
Moving Nov 20 Cam93 1
News Judge: People Aren't Showing Up For Jury Duty (Jul '07) Nov 17 Dale 54
News Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: What it means to be black ... Nov 11 USA Today 1
News Orangeburg Man Dies in Homicide Friday (Feb '08) Nov 10 Annette weber 40

Columbia Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance