“Jesus is coming soon”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#62 Jun 7, 2013
In question wrote:
Lawest 100,
Can you all practice contraception in your church?
Greetings IQ, I do not remember contraceptives being preached on ( but it could have been regardless ) but I wouldn't think so as that too is contrary to scripture, Bishop Tisdale mentioned once that years ago when he was mentioning in a conversation with Bishop Hunter about the struggle he was having with ( financially ) the number of children that he had, and Bishop Hunter suggested to him to stop doing the thing that created children, no contraceptives were suggested or even mentioned, so I'm sure that it is not an option.
In Question

Thomasville, NC

#63 Jun 7, 2013
LAWEST100 wrote:
<quoted text> Greetings IQ, I do not remember contraceptives being preached on ( but it could have been regardless ) but I wouldn't think so as that too is contrary to scripture, Bishop Tisdale mentioned once that years ago when he was mentioning in a conversation with Bishop Hunter about the struggle he was having with ( financially ) the number of children that he had, and Bishop Hunter suggested to him to stop doing the thing that created children, no contraceptives were suggested or even mentioned, so I'm sure that it is not an option.
What is your opinion on the matter?
Maryilyn

Atlanta, GA

#64 Jun 10, 2013
What is the burial process for the saints at Holy Temple?
Do they have funerals?
In question

United States

#65 Jun 10, 2013
No funerals. They just bury them.
Marilyn

Atlanta, GA

#66 Jun 11, 2013
When the saints at Holy Temple are buried, is there a memorial? What exactly is involved?
Lost in translation

Japan

#67 Jun 11, 2013
When is Jesus coming?
In Question

Columbia, SC

#68 Jun 11, 2013
Marilyn wrote:
When the saints at Holy Temple are buried, is there a memorial? What exactly is involved?
Nothing happens. They embalm them, dress them and bury them.
In Question

Columbia, SC

#69 Jun 11, 2013
Lost in translation wrote:
When is Jesus coming?
No man knows the day or the hour when the son of man shall appear. That is what the Bible says.
Marilyn

Atlanta, GA

#71 Jun 13, 2013
If a saint of Holy Temple has devoted his and her life to serving God and being a steward for God, and serve their church why aren't saints there to support each other and their families during family bereavement when their loved ones are dead? Why are they (saints being buried) not shown any love and dedication by having their brothers and sisters in Christ at their funeral? They are just dumped into a hole by grave diggers. What if there are kids involved? Are they not allowed to be at the burial? Are the bodies really embalmed? Does the family member get to see the body after its prepared for burial? Are their "death" bags instead of coffins? Please enlighten me.
In Question

Atlanta, GA

#72 Jun 15, 2013
I can't completely explain why they do everything they do, but it has a lot to do with what happens at funerals in general. They don't like it when people declare folks are going to heaven and that kind of thing. I think you can go to the grave site to see them be buried, but there is no formal ceremony. I think the embalming has to do with what the law requires. Can you bury a body without embalming it?

I'm sure the funeral home will allow the family to see the body if they choose to.
Of course, I personally don't like this practice because it seems very cold, but it is how they do business.
NATHAN LEE BROWN

United States

#73 Jun 22, 2013
Thank the Great God and Savior, the Lord JESUS Christ ! I comforted to see that I still have Family ,but I am discomforted to see that there has been no growth spiritualy since Bishop S.C.Johnson. We then as now still have traditions of men, that MUST go!!!!!!! Do we follow 21 burning subjects or the word of God? Johnson himself said the he was. Still growing..
In Question

Columbia, SC

#74 Jun 25, 2013
NATHAN LEE BROWN wrote:
Thank the Great God and Savior, the Lord JESUS Christ ! I comforted to see that I still have Family ,but I am discomforted to see that there has been no growth spiritualy since Bishop S.C.Johnson. We then as now still have traditions of men, that MUST go!!!!!!! Do we follow 21 burning subjects or the word of God? Johnson himself said the he was. Still growing..
Brother Brown, the problem with entire situation is people have been lead to believe that 100% of what they have been taught by Johnson, Goodwin and several others is right. They haven't considered that even well intending people are subject to error. It isn't that they don't have good intentions, but they don't know everything. Bishop SC Johnson had great intentions to live holy, but he was also very arrogant and he pastored his church the same way. Hence, the reason you have people refusing to assemble themselves in a congregation, but sit at home listening to 40 year old sermons and refusing to have a living pastor. There is nothing wrong with listening to the old messages, but everyone needs a pastor. As a matter of fact, they will tell you that Bishop Johnson is their pastor. How is that possible? He can't pastor anyone if he is dead.

What traditions do you feel should go?
Charles Lawrence

Virginia Beach, VA

#75 Jun 26, 2013
This site is so amazing.......all of the questions to the folks...and the seeking of answers ie. the apparel to wear, funerals, weddings, etc. Here is the answer.....If you are not clear in what to do or confused on what to wear...Here is the answer: Go to God in prayer and seek your answers. I have. I am here to tell you what you wear within reason has nothing to do with salvation. I own a pair of red pants and a yellow shirt...I will wear it to my Apostolic service...am I hell bound due to my lowly circumstances? A woman comes to church wearing her pants....do YOU condemn her to hell? That is all she has. You know we can have many interpretations of the Bible ie we all have to be on one accord. Do we all have to go out and purchase a Honda Accord? We as the people have to let common sense abide in us. I have seen a lot of uncommon sense practices. All night prayer...how many of us prayed all night? We all went to sleep. Does God know your heart? Do we have to go through the motions? I pray and ask God for intervention in my life. He answers me....Just think of the silliness we bicker about in the Apostolic churches. Women wearing cotton stockings.....wearing hats......short sleeves...showing too much flesh etc. It is flat out ridiculous. Men wearing ties with stripes, pin stripe suits. The world look at us as being "nuts". Let us focus on worship in the church, maintaining our houses of worship, even better....focus on us worshipping with one another vice tearing down each of our churches. Let this be a forum of Apostolic unity vice the Apostolic fighting. It is so appalling to see our so called "church leaders" attacking their own church here. Empower your church in a constructive way vice attacking your church. Stand up for what you write.....state your name...do not hide behind a pen name....that is being a coward....If you have a conviction or belief ...STAND UP and state your name. If you want to know a church's doctrine or belief..write or call the Pastor and ask for the position or stance on that topic....why wonder? If YOU are unclear on your church's doctrine...ask your Pastor. If you are not comfortable in asking your Pastor about the church YOU attend....something is wrong.
In question

United States

#76 Jun 27, 2013
First of all, this is a discussion board. Any church's doctrine is public and up for discussion. Therefore, we have a right to discuss it. Second of all, I have not attacked anyone's character in my comments. Also, I will not be bullied into sharing my name via Internet if I choose not to. Additionally, the reason why we have so much confusion and false teachings is because we only want to hear from the pastor. Stop being so closed minded and hear what others are saying. Your very soul could depend on it.
faith

West Bay, Cayman Islands

#77 Jun 27, 2013
is it true that elder samuels from south carolina holy temple church has suffered a massive stroke?
In question

United States

#78 Jun 28, 2013
I don't know anything about that.
ladane from Indiana

Evansville, IN

#79 Jul 27, 2013
praise the Lord , here in Indiana, and surrounding states, we just have PAW and PCAF , and other INDP. APOSTOLIC churches. and we basically talk about little things that makes a different from one small apostolic groups to another, like this blog is doing, we never talk about REAL EVANGELISM, REAL,REAL Ministry ,that brings souls into the church !! Just small stuff that's it. here we don't have any HTC or IN church, your groups don't have any churches closer then 400-500 or 600 miles from where Im at !! I don't think your groups will ever grow to get any closer either, I only know about your groups and others because I do study APOSTOLIC Organazations, point Im trying to make its not about these man-made rules that 1 or 2 people made up to start a group? but if ,I MEAN what if APOSTOLICS COULD EVER UNITE TOGETHER ,JUST FOR THE CROSSES CASE, just what if.......
The right baptism

Brooklyn, NY

#80 Aug 17, 2013
Only one method for the human family in order to make heaven there eternal home

Luke 13: 1-3 tells us we must all repent.

1: There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.
2: And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?
3: I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

In order for us not to perish, we must be born again.

John 3:5:
Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 4:5
One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

We must put on the name of Jesus Christ in water baptism as stated in Acts 2:38

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Acts 2:4

And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

The everyone baptism must be in the name of Jesus Christ. Some will leave off or add to his name Jesus Christ when performing baptism. Some will say Lord Jesus Christ, another will say Lord Jesus, another will say Lord, another will say Jesus, and another will say Jesus Christ.

Any baptism apart from what is written in Acts 2:38 in the name of Jesus Christ, will not have entrance into the kingdom of God, and will therefore need to come and get the baptism over again in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Now that we see by the scriptures that the name use in baptism is Jesus Christ, and must be done by an Holy Ghost filled Minister, both must be in the water (minister not to be wearing fisherman waiters on), and the individual being baptized must be completely submerged.

Romans 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Some (almost an entire congregation) will baptized standing out the pool while the individual is in the pool, this is not according to the scriptures, and therefore they will need to get the baptism over again if they want to have entrance into the kingdom of God.

Acts 8:38
And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

If you are not sure how you was baptized, then don't stand in jeopardy.

2 Peter 1:10
Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
The right baptism

Brooklyn, NY

#81 Aug 17, 2013
Its a damnable doctrine for any to preach we are the only thing right in the world, and are in variance to Gods word. Revelation 1:4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace [be] unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;
John 3:3Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
That is it, we must be born again. It doesn't tie down to one group of people calling themselves HTC. HTC is the one that have been born again and have walked away from the woks of the flesh . Galatians 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are [these]; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness.
So we that have walked away from the works of the flesh are the holy temple, and have the right baptism and the right spirit. 2Corinthians 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in [them]; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Its sad when they refuse medical and professional help, Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children. We have a natural and a spiritual body. One of the apostles was a physician, Colossians 4:14 Luke, the beloved physician, and Demas, greet you. Luke 5:31 And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick. Luke 18:27 And he said, The things which are impossible with men are possible with God. So if its possible with man to help you in your sickness or bodily affliction, then we ought to get help. Now when it becomes impossible with man, then we know that its possible with God.
Concerning when a member dies, we ought to bury our dead, and yes we can bring the deceased body into the church, for we are the church, not the building. Acts 7:48-49 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet, 49: Heaven [is] my throne, and earth [is] my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what [is] the place of my rest? The church is the believers that are assembled together (not the building). Acts 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness. Math 8:22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead. The dead are those outside of christ. Luke 23:50-53: And, behold,[there was] a man named Joseph, a counsellor; [and he was] a good man, and a just: 51:(The same had not consented to the counsel and deed of them;)[he was] of Arimathaea, a city of the Jews: who also himself waited for the kingdom of God.52: This [man] went unto Pilate, and begged the body of Jesus. 53: And he took it down, and wrapped it in linen, and laid it in a sepulchre that was hewn in stone, wherein never man before was laid. Acts 8:2 And devout men carried Stephen [to his burial], and made great lamentation over him. Math 14:12 And his disciples came, and took up the body, and buried it, and went and told Jesus. So we can see here by the scriptures we should care for our dead.
The right baptism

Brooklyn, NY

#82 Aug 17, 2013
Apostleship is from the lord, no man can make man an apostle. Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12: For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Proverbs 29:12 If a ruler hearken to lies, all his servants [are] wicked. Anyone people who hearken to a lie, or is under a leadership that hearken to a lie, is wicked.
Now in 1Corinthians 1:2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. Math 15:14: Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch. All men must make sure they have the right baptism and the right spirit in order to make heaven there eternal home. Even HTC needs to come and get the baptism over again in order to make there calling and election sure, and escape the everlasting punishment of hell fire. The Church he is returning back for; Ephesians 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
We are grateful unto the Lord Jesus Christ for giving us this revelation of his eternal word which was hid unto others, and now has open to us, as Daniel 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book,[even] to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased. May God bless you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Auto Money Title Loans Violating SC State Law (Sep '12) 19 hr People Search 31
Lexington Poker Ring: Where "The Tape" Came From (Aug '12) Dec 16 juegoskizi 86
READ about Jeb Bush & family before voting Dec 15 voter b aware 1
Sharing My Girlfriend Dec 14 kikguy024 3
Naked Couple Fall Off Building in South Carolina (Jun '07) Dec 10 Dr Rocky 28
Transgender Teen Sues DMV Over Driver's License... Dec 9 DarbyAl 3
sc child support and visitation guidelines (Nov '06) Dec 8 Your crazy 537
Columbia Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web